Alan Scot vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

SevenShackles
'Alan Scot' wins good sir.

long pig
Tell me he's not still vulnerable to wood.

Prep-Man
He's not.

AsbestosFlaygon
Scot if not vulnerable to wood

Uriel005
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Scot if not vulnerable to wood Agreed.

Daemon Seed
Why would Alan Scot win?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Why would Alan Scot win? Starheart power is like an OF amp is my reasoning for the most part. Also if the chips are down and he absolutely needs to beat Thor he can always let SH takeover and utterly beat Thor down with rage spite.

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Uriel005
Starheart power is like an OF amp is my reasoning for the most part. Also if the chips are down and he absolutely needs to beat Thor he can always let SH takeover and utterly beat Thor down with rage spite.

You see I have a problem with that, the starheart is an evil entity, an evil 'mystical entity', Mjolnir is very good at absorbing mystical energy on almost any scale. Also if the starheart takes Alan's body over it's not really Alan in any sense beyond the physical body, that Thor is fighting. Alan has really lost because it's starheart Thor would be battling.

Prep-Man
The Starheart is also really good at manipulating mystical forces as well. And we just saw Alan own someone who owned the JSA. I'm taking Alan here.

Digi
Alan went ahead and justified his hype recently. He has arguably 2 of his best 3-4 feats ever within the last couple months, and is entering team-buster status. I love both of these characters, and know pretty much everything they're capable of. And while Thor's energy soak is a huge edge against GL's (and why I give him more credit than normal in other GL battles), Scott would simply will his way to victory here.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Digi
Alan went ahead and justified his hype recently. He has arguably 2 of his best 3-4 feats ever within the last couple months, and is entering team-buster status. I love both of these characters, and know pretty much everything they're capable of. And while Thor's energy soak is a huge edge against GL's (and why I give him more credit than normal in other GL battles), Scott would simply will his way to victory here. honestly I think Starheart would be able to leech mjolnir enchants if Scott let it take over. Enchants are not stronger than Odin himself and I think the Starheart being a conglomeration of sentient magic that was the collective magics of the universe for a good long while should be able to take on Odin.

Mindset
Alan went ahead and justified his hype recently. He has arguably 2 of his best 3-4 feats ever within the last couple months, and is entering team-buster status. I love both of these characters, and know pretty much everything they're capable of. And while Thor's energy soak is a huge edge against GL's (and why I give him more credit than normal in other GL battles), Scott would simply will his way to victory here. When you say teambuster, what kind of team are we talking here, because Thor is a teambuster too.

psycho gundam
alan scott's in a wheelchair atm

Prep-Man
He's out of it now.

Daemon Seed
Alan went ahead and justified his hype recently. He has arguably 2 of his best 3-4 feats ever within the last couple months, and is entering team-buster status. I love both of these characters, and know pretty much everything they're capable of. And while Thor's energy soak is a huge edge against GL's (and why I give him more credit than normal in other GL battles), Scott would simply will his way to victory here.

True enough; however, one could say Thor has also defeated his most powerful foe recently and Thor is the most powerful hero on Marvel earth imo and always has been, even when Surfer was Earthbound and doing shit like bringing Quasimodo to life (which frankly rates with anything he has ever done).

Batman-Prime
Thor beats Alan with the wooden hammer hilt.

Digi
Originally posted by Mindset
When you say teambuster, what kind of team are we talking here, because Thor is a teambuster too.

A team of at least 2-3 low-to-high heralds. Legit teams, not X-Men or something.

wink

I mean, the recent crossover was basically the JLA and JSA needing to combine to...well, not even defeat him, just hit him enough for Alan himself to wrest control of the Starheart. The recent Scythe feat is also fairly indicative.

Originally posted by Daemon Seed
True enough; however, one could say Thor has also defeated his most powerful foe recently and Thor is the most powerful hero on Marvel earth imo and always has been, even when Surfer was Earthbound and doing shit like bringing Quasimodo to life (which frankly rates with anything he has ever done).

Oh, agreed to an extent. With Strange out of his Classic power level, there might not be a more powerful hero residing on Earth. It's hard to disagree with you because I love Thor, know him well, and usually find myself in his corner in close fights. I just think Alan survives whatever onslaught Thor brings and takes him down.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
alan scott's in a wheelchair atm

Was. he then made himself a body suit out of green willpower construct and, as a cripple, 2 or 3-shot a villain that took out the entire JSA 2 issues beforehand.

Mindset
A team of at least 2-3 low-to-high heralds. Legit teams, not X-Men or something.

wink
Thor did that when he got a little angry. cool

Digi
Thor did that when he got a little angry. cool

It's like this: take any classic JLA lineup. Numerous heavy hitters. Could Thor take them down. Hell no. He can't take down Superman alone for many (although he can in my book).

Could Alan? Also no, imo. But, and here's the thing, it doesn't seem as outlandish to me. It's an eyeball test, so it's inherently unscientific. But Alan has the feats to justify my gut here, so I'm not flying blindly without at least some support.

psycho gundam
shit, you could say the same for thor if you wanted to

with the fact that thor has absorbed something capable of shattering 1/5 of the universe (and everything else he's absorbed below that magnitude) coupled with this ability:

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/6720/42wgqoo.th.jpg

he could sap all of their respective power sources, multiply it by ten, and send it all back at them while their jaws are still wide open in disbelief. took him two panels

Digi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he could sap all of their respective power sources, multiply it by ten, and send it all back at them while their jaws are still wide open in disbelief. took him two panels

Hyperbole doesn't suit you. You know how much I like Thor, and I've actually used a scan that trumps that one (he has a 100x one, not 10x like he does there). But be honest, does Thor take the JLA?

Don't go and make a Thor vs. JLA thread. We know how it ends and I'm not a fan of anything baiting or spite related.

Anyway, this wasn't my point. Go re-read everything I've written in this thread if these are the types of rebuttals you're going to make. Am I not giving Thor credit? Saying it's a stomp? Admitting when and where I'm basing things on either feats alone or intuition? I think I've been very fair...and waving a scan I first saw in probably '05 doesn't really tell me anything I don't know.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm glad we all agree Thor wins.

Prep-Man
lol.

Digi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm glad we all agree Thor wins.

I actually don't have a problem with this opinion. I just happen to disagree. Which is amusing given my normal position in Thor fights alongside Rage and others.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I actually don't have a problem with this opinion. I just happen to disagree. Which is amusing given my normal position in Thor fights alongside Rage and others.

Based on your long history of support, this little transgression will be forgiven. But not forgotten, you're on thin ice my costume wearing friend.

psycho gundam
i was playing around about the the absorption thing, thor has enough trouble with red hulk

eh rage

http://i56.tinypic.com/2hi5z51.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're playing a dangerous game brah. You should take a step back and walk away before shit gets real.

Mindset
Alan could probably make a Rulk construct to take Mjolnir from Thor and beat him to death with it.

Or a Wolverine one to snikt Thor to death.

psycho gundam
a red hulk construct in a mongoose pelt with claws...and holding a hand gun

Mindset
Thor grabs Mjolnir and flies faster than he has ever flown before.

In the opposite direction.

Digi
lol

Uriel005

In the opposite direction. Starheart still allows teleports IIRC

Daemon Seed
Starheart still allows teleports IIRC

So does Mjolnir smile

Uriel005
^ point was there is nowhere for them to run.

Sr J-Bieb
Thor makes a Black Adam illusion.
Alan curls into a ball crying.

It'd be a good fight outside that though. Thor is no Black Adam afterall.

Mindset
Starheart still allows teleports IIRC Completely missed the point.

I think I'll ram my fist into your stomach.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Alan could probably make a Rulk construct to take Mjolnir from Thor and beat him to death with it.

Or a Wolverine one to snikt Thor to death. Originally posted by psycho gundam
a red hulk construct in a mongoose pelt with claws...and holding a hand gun Originally posted by Mindset

In the opposite direction.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/62762ba6-8c5e-41ad-9abf-2dc02e66b0a3.gif

Uriel005
Completely missed the point.

I think I'll ram my fist into your stomach. Come at me bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.