100 Reasons to kill Yourself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie

Lord Lucien
You have way too much time on your hands.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You have way too much time on your hands.

Considering it took you less than a minute to reply, you obviously did not read point 100
Also what you are saying is point 19 and 20

Lord Lucien
I read points 1 and 100. Took me forever.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I read points 1 and 100. Took me forever.

Point 17...

Lord Lucien
I'm bored now.

Existere
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

6- You will never be truly happy in my relationships

Well, I guess that rules out you and me.

Guess I'll go kill myself.

dadudemon
The majority of the list applies to people and they do not apply to all. The main "wrong" with the list is the temporal approach to everything. That's not true, at all, obviously. In fact, it's becoming impossible for information (be it people, science, anything you can think of that can be considered information) to be truly lost. Everything is becoming immortalized.

As soon as we invented/perfect a Heisenberg compensator, even entropy's equalizing hand will be stayed.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by dadudemon
The majority of the list applies to people and they do not apply to all. The main "wrong" with the list is the temporal approach to everything. That's not true, at all, obviously. In fact, it's becoming impossible for information (be it people, science, anything you can think of that can be considered information) to be truly lost. Everything is becoming immortalized.

As soon as we invented/perfect a Heisenberg compensator, even entropy's equalizing hand will be stayed.

Civilisation will fall.
Egyptians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, etc.
We are still discovering lost cities all around the world.

Silicon lasts a good two decades in proper conditions.
Paper, a few centuries
Rock lasts nearly forever.

Let us say we manage to create a perfect medium of storage; the Sun will still go Red Dwarf an annihilate the world, taking civilisation with it. No more medium of storage, even rock will melt.

That is, unless we reach the stars, but due to economic, political and available resources, that is but a dream.

Think about this, there are not enough metals in the entire observable Universe to even create a Dyson sphere a few feet thick for a tiny Sun sized star. And we want to reach the stars with what we have on earth? Outlook looks bad.

Lord Lucien
So what are you waiting for?

A lot of these are actually reasons to keep living. The constant change and setbacks highlighted in them create a very entertaining experience.

dadudemon
Civilisation will fall.
Egyptians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, etc.
We are still discovering lost cities all around the world.

You mean "civilizations will fall" but not "civilization", right? And, right now, humans have become so resourceful that it is highly unlikely that even a mega-asteroid colliding with earth could wipe us out...much less even make it here before we destroy/divert it first.

Silicon lasts a good two decades in proper conditions.

We don't store memory on silicon, though. We store in magnetic tapes, optical disks/platters, NAND MLCs/SLCs, etc. The fact that we've already exceeded the "two decades" idea with our storage should prove that there's more than one way to store information.

Additionally, the National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program disagrees, quite thoroughly, with you idea on information preservation abilities. Additionally, most SSDs have a lifespan of over 100 years.

Paper, a few centuries

If by a few centuries, you mean well over 20 centuries (Don't forget papyrus which puts our "paper" writings at 5 millennia. Quite persistent information, isn't it?)

Then if you consider the holographic memory storages that we actually have working prototypes of, we can increase the lifespan of that information by quite a significant jump.

Rock lasts nearly forever.

As I indirectly indicated earlier, it does not. Entropy will eventually prevail unless we overcome it.

Let us say we manage to create a perfect medium of storage; the Sun will still go Red Dwarf an annihilate the world, taking civilisation with it. No more medium of storage, even rock will melt.

We have a bit more than 4 billion years before it goes Red Giant.

The current trend is a new storage medium every 10 years with each 10 year "revolution" greatly eclipsing the previous in capacity and data rates.

That is, unless we reach the stars, but due to economic, political and available resources, that is but a dream.

I disagree. Already, space-faring, mobile, self-sustaining mega-ecosystem ships are being designed just for fun and practicality but just a handful. Don't you think it will become even bigger of an issue as population growth starts to put a strain on the planet? It's actually quite inevitable.

Think about this, there are not enough metals in the entire observable Universe to even create a Dyson sphere a few feet thick for a tiny Sun sized star. And we want to reach the stars with what we have on earth? Outlook looks bad.

I am not so sure that what you say is correct about metals. The math would not take very much effort to figure out, if we assume .5AU for the sphere. In fact, I'm quite sure you're wrong about the metals.

Regardless, we could not make a DS out of metals, anyway. We need a much stronger material. We might be able to accomplish something like that with smaller platforms in heliosynchronous orbits.

Traction
Being subject to this thread is a reason to kill ones self.

Mindship
A single, apparent, overriding reason to live: so one can post and debate the 100 reasons not to.

Bicnarok

Daemon Seed
Nobody who kills themself needs a hundred, they just need one important enough to them.

Symmetric Chaos
100 bad reasons for suicide doesn't add up to 1 good reason. You can stack cow patties as high as you like, they won't turn into a bar of gold.

Liberator
Perhaps renaming it to a 100 reasons to be a pessimist would be at least a bit more fitting.

ADarksideJedi
Not everyone can have the same reasons as the list it is mosty of personal thoughts then anything.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Not everyone can have the same reasons as the list it is mosty of personal thoughts then anything.

If he had 100 good reasons to kill himself he wouldn't be posting on KMC...

ADarksideJedi
True but why post it then?

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Liberator
Perhaps renaming it to a 100 reasons to be a pessimist would be at least a bit more fitting.

Well, then it would apply to me. I read all 100 and most are true. I'm still not going to kill myself though.

inimalist
koala is officially the coolest person on these forums, 'nuff said, amirite?

TacDavey
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Almost none of those points are good reasons to kill yourself. And no, before you ask, applying ridiculous solutions to mostly mundane problems is not a valid reason to kill yourself.

Koala MeatPie
Well, for one it is not a "true" post. It's a post name. Considering this defunked as debate forum, there could be a thousand good reasons, but are there any good ones against it other "Don't because don't because don't because it's bad" ?

So far, Dadudemon has had some good points.

Mindship, win.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by inimalist
koala is officially the coolest person on these forums, 'nuff said, amirite? laughing ...

no no expression

inimalist
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
laughing ...

no no expression

pfft, how many awesome reasons can you think of to kill yourself?

I mean, that is hyperbadass

its like, you take the normal "everything is pointless" level of cool, and multiply it by 100

srankmissingnin
It's easy, didn't make the list?

0mega Spawn
aww man you're right...
we're all losers in comparison to koala uberness

TacDavey
Well, for one it is not a "true" post. It's a post name. Considering this defunked as debate forum, there could be a thousand good reasons, but are there any good ones against it other "Don't because don't because don't because it's bad" ?

So far, Dadudemon has had some good points.

Mindship, win.

Are you asking if there are any good reasons not to kill yourself? I didn't know I needed one... stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
are there any good ones against it other "Don't because don't because don't because it's bad" ?

You want someone to prove a negative?

Of course I can't prove that you shouldn't kill yourself but I also can't prove that the sun isn't a collective psychosis of all humanity. The onus is on you to produce a good reason for believing something. Until you do that "I don't feel like it" is all the reason anyone needs.

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
koala is officially the coolest person on these forums, 'nuff said, amirite?

Duh! This has been a fact since 2004. laughing

Zampanó
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You want someone to prove a negative?

Of course I can't prove that you shouldn't kill yourself but I also can't prove that the sun isn't a collective psychosis of all humanity. The onus is on you to produce a good reason for believing something. Until you do that "I don't feel like it" is all the reason anyone needs.
Actually, I could prove that a given individual should not kill himself/herself.

A slightly simpler example, I can prove (given a set of priors) that you should not inject yourself in the eye with a hypodermic needle full of diarrhea while a kindergarten class is waking up from nap time.

Esau Cairn
I think it would be more apt if the title read, "100 Reasons To Masturbate."

inimalist
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I think it would be more apt if the title read, "100 Reasons To Masturbate."

ADarksideJedi
People had killed themselves for some of things you had put or for anything else that is stupid.Anyway this list is like a pro-kill yourself thread and that is not right.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
People had killed themselves for some of things you had put or for anything else that is stupid.Anyway this list is like a pro-kill yourself thread and that is not right. Indeed it's wrong. It's Wrong!!

truejedi
Read Arcadia by Tom Stoppard. If you don't want to kill yourself at the end of that, you don't even have a soul.

jinXed by JaNx
Heres a good one...,

There is going to be another final destination movie and another one after that and then another pirates of the caribbean movie and then another saw movie and then another final destination movie and they're going to reboot every super hero movie by retelling all of their origins stories, yet again and then....

jassmine12
If you have the 100 reason of kill yourself then i have hundred reasons of living..

dadudemon
Originally posted by jassmine12
If you have the 100 reason of kill yourself then i have hundred reasons of living..

And 99 of those are sex or related to sex. (Not your reasons, but general good reasons to live)

no expression

alltoomany
101. For The Queen Of England

Stoic
Someone should make a 100 reasons to live thread.

kgkg
I'm not convinced.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by dadudemon

As soon as we invented/perfect a Heisenberg compensator, even entropy's equalizing hand will be stayed. Entropy's so fun though... sad

Deja~vu
Don't kill yourself, man, because you have to come back again and relive the same shit until you get it right.

Just suffer with a smile, it's better that way. lol

GirlOnline

I actually agree completely with all that you have said. I mean every single point is true and all those pig-headed idiots that are commenting all that rubbish are just even more reasons on the list. The world is pretty much that list summed up and I really respect you for being someone who knows the truth about humanity and isn't afraid to share it.

Girl Online,
Going Offline.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by GirlOnline

I actually agree completely with all that you have said. I mean every single point is true and all those pig-headed idiots that are commenting all that rubbish are just even more reasons on the list. The world is pretty much that list summed up and I really respect you for being someone who knows the truth about humanity and isn't afraid to share it.

Girl Online,
Going Offline.

You registered on the site just to necro a moronic 3.5 year old thread? So edgy.

Tzeentch
are you really a girl???????

Star428
I enjoy life for the most part and that reason alone easily trumps all the reasons the OP gave for committing one of the worst sins that a person can commit. If OP and "girl online" thinks they are good reasons to kill themselves then why haven't they done it already instead of wasting their time trying to convince everybody else to do it? I realize that the OP made this thread many years ago so maybe he/she already has. I'm too lazy to check and see if he/she has posted anything recently.

Originally posted by alltoomany
101. For The Queen Of England

LOL. Why should I give a flying **** about the Queen of England? I'm American... Which is yet another reason to keep living. smile

Time Immemorial
Because I love for the next skydive.

Esau Cairn
I'm jus gonna interpret this as "100 Reasons To Fap."

jinXed by JaNx
you still have life.

GirlOnline
Originally posted by Star428
I enjoy life for the most part and that reason alone easily trumps all the reasons the OP gave for committing one of the worst sins that a person can commit. If OP and "girl online" thinks they are good reasons to kill themselves then why haven't they done it already instead of wasting their time trying to convince everybody else to do it? I realize that the OP made this thread many years ago so maybe he/she already has. I'm too lazy to check and see if he/she has posted anything recently.

LOL. Why should I give a flying **** about the Queen of England? I'm American... Which is yet another reason to keep living. smile

Well when you think about it from our perspective, we may not be trying to convince "everybody else" but in fact, questioning why we haven't ourselves... Maybe you should think before you reply...

Reflassshh
If you really want to kill yourself, why waste time making such stupid list?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.