Most money you've spent on a single product?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
My most expensive purchase would have to be the website I bought about two years ago, costing me 55,545.11 USD. I didn't have as much money back then so it left me pretty broke (less than 3,000 USD left if I recall correctly) and my parents were pretty disappointed at me. Which doesn't really make sense considering that it was my money, but still.

Here's the "recite".

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/219/bild4z.th.png

What's yours?

Robtard
LoL, do you know how many hookers you could have paid for with $55K? No wonder your parents were upset.

Mairuzu
Stupid

Bardock42
What website did you buy? Was it worth it in retrospect?

AbnormalButSane
Probably tuition. Bleh

Bardock42
The most money I ever spent on a single thing was probably my computer for around 500 Euro or my TV for around that. Or perhaps if it counts a vacation which may have been up to 1000.

Also, Astner, how did you get 55 000 USD to spend?

Mairuzu
Probably my car

Slay
A car, which I recently sold.

Astner
Originally posted by Bardock42
What website did you buy? Was it worth it in retrospect?
I pretty much bought a domain address, that's it. As for its estimated worth, it's was auctioned for 70,000 USD but the I contacted the winner a few months later and told him that I was interested in it.

That ACDC Chick
my current laptop is the most expensive thing ive bought

Astner
Also, Astner, how did you get 55 000 USD to spend?
Mostly birthday- and Christmas presents. Also since my grandparents retired and I've started studying they've deposited around 2,000 - 3,000 USD each month, my parents also contribute from time to time so that I have something to live on and on top of that I receive scholarships.

Robtard
Originally posted by Astner
Mostly birthday- and Christmas presents. Also since my grandparents retired and I've started studying they've deposited around 2,000 - 3,000 USD each month, my parents also contribute from time to time so that I have something to live on and on top of that I receive scholarships.

Tell you parents and grandparents that I said they should cut you off completely. Paying your own way through school and life will be the only way you'll learn to appreciate the value of money, as it's easy to piss away cash when you've done nothing for it.

Trust me, it will be for the best.

Astner
Originally posted by Robtard
Tell you parents and grandparents that I said they should cut you off completely.
No.

Paying your own way through school and life will be the only way you'll learn to appreciate the value of money, as it's easy to piss away cash when you've done nothing for it.
I receive enough money to pay for school, food and clothes through scholarships. I don't really need help economically, but once in a while I'd like to relax and have fun. I'd never have managed to pay for me and my ex-girlfriend's trip to Malaysia last summer if I wasn't helped out economically and my family understands that.

No.

Bardock42

What domain did you buy? And still that's a pretty good amount of money for a (how old are you? 22?) year old, I don't think I got presents and money for birthdays and christmases worth nearly that amount in my life. Are your family rather rich?

Do you still own the domain? Why did you buy it? Investment? Going to do something with it?

Robtard
No.

I receive enough money to pay for school, food and clothes through scholarships. I don't really need help economically, but once in a while I'd like to relax and have fun. I'd never have managed to pay for me and my ex-girlfriend's trip to Malaysia last summer if I wasn't helped out economically and my family understands that.

No.

You're going to grow up to be an *******. Sad, really.

Impediment
Other than my cars, my house, and my daughter?

Hell, I don't even know.

Slay
Tell you parents and grandparents that I said they should cut you off completely. Paying your own way through school and life will be the only way you'll learn to appreciate the value of money, as it's easy to piss away cash when you've done nothing for it.

In my experience it's just as easy to piss cash that you've earned away. I've been working for my money since I was 15 (three evenings a week at a supermarket, but still), worked throughout college, and I still spend my money on all kinds of useless shit.

Robtard
Originally posted by Slay
In my experience it's just as easy to piss cash that you've earned away. I've been working for my money since I was 15 (three evenings a week at a supermarket, but still), worked throughout college, and I still spend my money on all kinds of useless shit.

But you appreciate the value of those hookers and heroine.

Slay
I said useless shit, and yes, I do.

Impediment

You misspelled heroin, you simian.

Astner
What domain did you buy?
I'd rather disclose the address for now. Though I know that at least one member here is aware of the address.

And still that's a pretty good amount of money for a (how old are you? 22?) year old, I don't think I got presents and money for birthdays and christmases worth nearly that amount in my life.
Yes I turned 22 yesterday.

Are your family rather rich?
Upper class I'd presume.

Do you still own the domain? Why did you buy it? Investment? Going to do something with it?
It's for my graphic novel.

You're going to grow up to be an *******. Sad, really.
I don't see how. I wouldn't spend money if I didn't have it. Besides it's not as if you're speaking out of experience or if you do you haven't made it clear nor have you explained why it would be bad.

Personally I don't care much for money, I crunch numbers from time to time to see how much I'm spending but I'm not going to enter a restaurant with a friend, look through the menu and suggest that we go somewhere else because it's a bit more expensive than what I usually eat for. That's just silly.

Robtard
Personally I don't care much for money, I crunch numbers from time to time to see how much I'm spending but I'm not going to enter a restaurant with a friend, look through the menu and suggest that we go somewhere else because it's a bit more expensive than what I usually eat for. That's just silly.

I'm just being an *******, no need to explain your spending.

Impediment
I'm just being an *******

He is what he eats. yes

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
He is what he eats. yes

I'm your wife's *******? STAY AWAY FROM ME, MAN!

Cherrywild
Well, I'm nineteen and my greatest lump sum is probably my vehicle and it's transportation to my location.

$11,000

I love you, Freddy.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/Mnemosyne_X/Me/downsize-1.jpg

BackFire
$30,000 for my AIDS medicine.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by BackFire
$30,000 for my AIDS medicine.

laughing out loud

RE: Blaxican
I don't know if this would really count, but, last monday I gave 1000 dollars to the state so I can get my car back, after the state had it impounded because my Mom got like 20 tickets on it and hid them from me.

That's the most of my own money that I've ever blown on one thing. If that doesn't count... I spent like 200 bucks on my PSP in January. ermm

Bardock42
I'd rather disclose the address for now. Though I know that at least one member here is aware of the address.

Yes I turned 22 yesterday.

Upper class I'd presume.

It's for my graphic novel.

Congrats then. And fair enough I guess, if you have enough money and feel like it is worth it, I guess I personally wouldn't spend that much money on a domain name (partly cause I don't have that much money, I guess). How's your novel going anyways?

Oh and "disclose" actually means to reveal, so you want to "not disclose" it for now.

ADarksideJedi
Stuff I got from Amazon for christmas for my family.Also a carton o ciggys which were fifty dollars.

Utsukushii
I spent a lot recently on my new car. I had been saving for a while now so I barely owe anything on the car. it's the BMW 650i. I just got it...hmmm...gosh it's been about 3 weeks now.

Bardock42
Since then, and if we count vacations (which are really more of a series of multiple purchases) the most I ever spent has gone up to between 6000 and 7000, for a 3 week Japan trip in September of 2011.

Kelly_Bean
I guess the $5000.00 I put down on my Mustang.

Tripple T
Well if we're talking single purchase, it would be $15,000 for my 69 Charger.

Biggest ongoing in payments, $20,000 down on my house, and $1200 a month mortgage.

ADarksideJedi
I will have to say buying a Condo is the most I ever spent but for a single Product I would say a carton of ciggys.

Barker
Biggest single purchase is my laptop I think. ~$550

But my car was 6k. srug

rudester
I like cloths, now a days anyone can buy armani or valentino, so I try not to follow any trends.

I'm not one of those pressy gay guys thats into fashion but I like to think that I have taste and I can sometimes go over board. For example I like to research what other people of interest are wearing.. like this one guy" was wearing a von dutch cap, so I started collecting von dutch hats. IM SUCH A WANNA B" embarrasment big grin

Peach
I just had to spend $1200 on my ****ing car...

As far as a single item goes (though technically, as I built it, it wouldn't actually be a single item), the $800 or so I spent on my computer.

Nivvy
$21,000 on education

Astner
Originally posted by Nivvy
$21,000 on education
I got mine for free. One of the few benefits of being from Europe I suppose. Not to brag, but I'm currently taking some of the most advance abstract algebra courses available worldwide, and I'm not paying in dime. In fact I get student grant for attending courses outside my program.

Chillmeister
I don't really have many possessions. I spent about 500 quid on a guitar, put down a two grand deposit to rent my flat and...that's it really.

Barker
I got mine for free. One of the few benefits of being from Europe I suppose. I will now commence bragging: I'm currently taking some of the most advance abstract algebra courses available worldwide, and I'm not paying in dime. In fact I get student grant for attending courses outside my program. You are inferior to me as a human. My shit doesn't stink.
Tell me more, master.

ThorinWoofer
He'll just tell you to accept homos, and give mass murderer's a 20 year jail sentence

Barker
i see no possible downside to that

Astner
Originally posted by Barker
You are inferior to me as a human. My shit doesn't stink. Tell me more, master.
Why would I consider myself superior because I got my education for free? Each country has their advantages and disadvantages. It's just that in the U.S. the advantages are given to the wealthy, and less wealthy suffers the disadvantages.

Bardock42
I'm in the process of buying an apartment, so that'll be the largest single purchase I'll do for the forseeable future.

BackFire
To be fair, most of the money you're using to buy that apartment is money that I've given you for your various sexual services.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
To be fair, most of the money you're using to buy that apartment is money that I've given you for your various sexual services.

That and for interest.

Jim Colyer
New Nissan Frontier pickup truck

wakkawakkawakka
Does 30,000 USD on because if it doesn't then I guess an Ipad I bought for my mom is a runner up. I remember being on the verge of tears when I left the store.

atv2
My car, can't wait to get rid of it!

Archaeopteryx
low seven figures, for an apartment complex

ShoutMan
$10,000 for gold and silver trading

Astner

Clovie
car

hgjmdhgjdhu
LoL, do you know how many hookers you could have paid for with $55K? No wonder your parents were upset. http://www.glpp.info/hu7l.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.