Marka Ragnos and Darth Caedus Versus Luke Skywalker and DE Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NowYouRemember
First off, I'm aware of how potentially retarded it is to have Ragnos in his flesh and blood state fighting people, since from what I am aware, he's mostly an unknown in that state.

But, there some folks here who have greater expertise than I in that particular area, so I will leave it up to them as to what living Ragnos can do.

Setting: Geonosis Arena

On one side stands living Marka Ragnos in peak power, wielding a Sith sword, and next to him Darth Caedus, peak power.

On the other side of the arena, Luke Skywalker, peak power, and DE Sid's teamed up with him, in young prime clone body, peak power.

1. Force

2. Saber

3. All out battle to the death.

Stealth Moose
Ragnos uses his sceptre to sap Force power from all three of them and then goes on to create an epistle containing his cookie recipes.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Ragnos uses his sceptre to sap Force power from all three of them and then goes on to create an epistle containing his cookie recipes.

Lol.

You mean Ragnos has Nihilus's power in the sceptre?

EDIT: Ragnos doesn't have his sceptre in this, though. Just a Sith sword.

Stealth Moose
Nihilus is Ragnos' sceptre. He just gains awareness at the Battle of Malachor V.

NowYouRemember
Nihilus is Ragnos' sceptre. He just gains awareness at the Battle of Malachor V.

big grin

truejedi
back in the day, we used to call this a spite thread.

Slash_KMC
Back in the day (like a week ago) I would have said that this thread is against the rules:

No fights using Unknowns. Unknowns are characters that we have had too little or no evidence of their powers, abilities, or skills. This applies to characters that have not had screen-time, or characters who only show their powers in gameplay. Unknowns include Darth Plagueis and Marka Ragnos, most notably.

But since then I've realized how no one really cares.

truejedi
no, there are no rules. except i still got a warning for my Shaq vs. Black bear thread, which was damn good.

Exal Kressh
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Back in the day (like a week ago) I would have said that this thread is against the rules:

No fights using Unknowns. Unknowns are characters that we have had too little or no evidence of their powers, abilities, or skills. This applies to characters that have not had screen-time, or characters who only show their powers in gameplay. Unknowns include Darth Plagueis and Marka Ragnos, most notably.

But since then I've realized how no one really cares.

While I admit that this thread is too vague to judge, the above rule seems to loose in definition. Comic book heroes and villains don't have "screen time", and some characters are defined through second hand sources. I mean R2 D2 has more screen time than Malak or Mandalore. Should we argue that R2 is a viable fighter and they are not?

I just think those rules are entirely too subjective.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Exal Kressh
While I admit that this thread is too vague to judge, the above rule seems to loose in definition. Comic book heroes and villains don't have "screen time", and some characters are defined through second hand sources. I mean R2 D2 has more screen time than Malak or Mandalore. Should we argue that R2 is a viable fighter and they are not?

Agreed, Madam.

RagingBoner
At 5:46, a Tavion-wielded scepter turns its Force-draining beams on Jaden Korr and its only effect is to render him unconscious. While the scepter may indeed have the power to drain the Force from locations, it might not have the power to do so against people, which explains why the fight with Tavion or Ragnos!Tavion didn't quickly end in Korr's death.

Exal Kressh
I was under the assumption that the majority of the energy stored was just used before Jaden ahowed up.

RagingBoner
Kressh
I was under the assumption that the majority of the energy stored was just used before Jaden ahowed up.

Used on what?
Tavion was draining energy from the Massassi temple, not attacking it. Jaden was detected, startled Tavion turned, and Jaden was nailed by it.

truejedi
yeah, that sceptre was certainly not shown with the ability to drain PEOPLE of the force. It is an attack weapon that takes health points, not force points when the player is hit by it. It can only drain the force from force-sensitive locations.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
force-sensitive locations.

WTF?

So Zonama Sekot... That it? stick out tongue

truejedi
you haven't played the game i guess? the entire thing is about going to force-sensitive locations and finding out that Tavion has already drained them...

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
you haven't played the game i guess? the entire thing is about going to force-sensitive locations and finding out that Tavion has already drained them...

Haha! I was just joking about your choice of words. It's not force-sensative loacations as the loactions themselves don't sense the force. I think you ment to say force nexuses.

truejedi
lol, good point.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Exal Kressh

Well, ignoring that it is still a rule, it is entirely reasonable to not involve characters without feats in a versus fight. Subjectivity would get the upper hand and that's something I'd rather avoid. Your example of Mandalore (I assume you're referring to Canderous?) is proof of this. There is practically nothing in Canon that we can use to prove how powerful he actually is, and that is why we leave these unsubstantiated characters out of the fights.

Your example of R2-D2 is also a bad example because frankly, he is the most powerful character in the mythos.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Subjectivity would get the upper hand and that's something I'd rather avoid.

But everybody here is totally subjective! Totally biased! Totally!

Originally posted by RagingBoner
Janus, one of the differences between us is I'm absolutely unafraid to admit my bias for any particular character.

See? Apparently being biased is the new form of moral superiority (even if it leads to sophism, omitting information and attempting to deliberately forge "proof" for your opiniong). You just have to be honest about it. Objectivity is not only "not present" here it's entirely unwanted, because our shining idol is incapable of keeping his RagingBoner for Sidious out of his reasoning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Borbarad
But everybody here is totally subjective! Totally biased! Totally!

See? Apparently being biased is the new form of moral superiority (even if it leads to sophism, omitting information and attempting to deliberately forge "proof" for your opiniong). You just have to be honest about it. Objectivity is not only "not present" here it's entirely unwanted, because our shining idol is incapable of keeping his RagingBoner for Sidious out of his reasoning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

To be honest, weren't you and Janus like 3-4 years ahead of Gideon on this matter? You just disguised it as "logic" and used the same hypocrisy and double standards on him.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
To be honest, weren't you and Janus like 3-4 years ahead of Gideon on this matter? You just disguised it as "logic" and used the same hypocrisy and double standards on him.

Yeah, I don't use logic at all, DS. That death penalty argument I successfully convinced you of years ago? Pure bias and sophistry!

Dr McBeefington
Yeah, I don't use logic at all, DS. That death penalty argument I successfully convinced you of years ago? Pure bias and sophistry!

Yes, that's what I said. Janus doesn't use logic. Reading comprehension ftw stick out tongue

3 fishys
Luke and sidious can both solo simply

Stealth Moose
So they solo each others' teams? How does that logic apply?

Nephthys
Actually, I think you're the one with the wonky logic. Luke and Sids are on the same team.

Stealth Moose
You're right; I misread it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.