Odin vs. The Stranger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Has this been done yet?

long pig
Stranger. He's had some low showings but whatever. He was the fourth face of the living tribunal FFS.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin annihilates him.

guy222
i give uatu the nod over odin

stranger imo>uatu

stranger wins here

long pig
Thor likes boys hienies.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So what has Stranger done to justify him beating Odin? His best showing as far as I can tell is taking Thor out -a flash knock out or stun- for a few moments/seconds with a point blank sucker shot.

long pig
Actually, even though it hurts my argument, Thor has beaten Stranger before. That's how much I like Thor. I'll destroy my own arguments for the guy. big grin Stranger has some abstract feats, mainly because he's on that level. i.e being LT's fourth face. There is no hint that he lost any power when he left lt. But his best feats are pre 85. So make of it as you will.

long pig
Can't believe noone has commented on my avatar I made from scratch with ms paint.

guy222
in beyond, he admitted to battling the watchers

in the story, appeared to b more powerful than uatu

taking a blast from the infinity union said in the avengers storyline most powerful weapon in the multiverse

many will point out about the pluto incident....hence he knew wat would happen as he tricked pluto and the hulk

he's an enigma...very very powerful

he created ego...how and why not explained yet

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by long pig
Actually, even though it hurts my argument, Thor has beaten Stranger before. That's how much I like Thor. I'll destroy my own arguments for the guy. big grin Stranger has some abstract feats, mainly because he's on that level. i.e being LT's fourth face. There is no hint that he lost any power when he left lt. But his best feats are pre 85. So make of it as you will.

What issue are you referring to? He did have an encounter or two where he came an equal but I don't believe he has ever beaten him straight up. He did indirectly defeat him turning back time however.

What are some Abstract feats under his belt?

long pig
Read the post above yours for a couple. Creating ego is pretty good, too. As for when Thor beat him, what did you mean when you said Thor beat him with time manip? That may be the one I'm talking about. But, Stranger never went full on with Thor either. If he did, he'd win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He became the fourth face of the Living Tribunal. Now what feats of Abstract power does he have?

True, he created Ego but there was huge context to that feat such as him needing equipment and specific items etc.

IIRC, they were battling it out and Thor reversed time which would was an indirect win I'd guess since he escaped the Stranger. It's been too long but I'm pretty sure they were going at it pretty seriously.

Utrigita
Has the comic with Ego, Counter Ego, Stranger, Collector etc. been concluded yet, or is it still ongoing? I admit I have lost track.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Utrigita
Has the comic with Ego, Counter Ego, Stranger, Collector etc. been concluded yet, or is it still ongoing? I admit I have lost track.

Still going on, but I'm not sure it's canon, as according to that comic Ego's last known appearance was trapped in the black galaxy, but Ego was taken over by the Worldmind in the Nova series and later escaped

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He became the fourth face of the Living Tribunal. Now what feats of Abstract power does he have?

True, he created Ego but there was huge context to that feat such as him needing equipment and specific items etc.

IIRC, they were battling it out and Thor reversed time which would was an indirect win I'd guess since he escaped the Stranger. It's been too long but I'm pretty sure they were going at it pretty seriously.
What tier does Ego belong to?

leonidas
stranger is weird and has too many inconsistent showings. ss held his own against him. so did quasar. beyond was his best showing, imo. and lp i think you better check that 'fourth face of lt' thing again.... big grin

odin wins, based on more consistent feats imo.

Nihilist
Odin wins, Stranger is overhyped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What is the Stranger's best showing besides the Thor sucker shot?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
What tier does Ego belong to?

He fluctuates. Back in the day, he was low-mid Abstract if a fed Galactus is a high Abstract I'd wager. At his lower showings, his around high trans or low Skyfather I'd wager.

Sr J-Bieb
What is the Stranger's best showing besides the Thor sucker shot? Legit blast you mean?

He did some pretty neat stuff in Beyond though. Pulled all the heroes together, pulled the planet together (IIRC).
Been a while since I read it though.

He also fought OMEGA LEVEL MUTANTS LIKE JEAN AND ICEMAN along with Juggernaut, if that counts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Legit blast you mean?

He did some pretty neat stuff in Beyond though. Pulled all the heroes together, pulled the planet together (IIRC).
Been a while since I read it though.

He also fought OMEGA LEVEL MUTANTS LIKE JEAN AND ICEMAN along with Juggernaut, if that counts.

I'm pretty sure they were floating besides each other and discussing Ego, then the Stranger blasts him in the face. It wasn't from behind, but I'd wager it caught him by surprise. At least I wasn't expecting it.

All I recall is Iceman freezing his beams (Lol) and Juggernaut knocking him over. Everything else is a blur with moments of Drake's badassery sticking out.

leonidas
What is the Stranger's best showing besides the Thor sucker shot?

it was sort of an alluded to powerset. he convincingly portrayed the classic beyonder, created a world on his own, talked about being more powerful than the watchers. just came across as very powerful. there may have been some specific feat that i'm forgetting. i just recall coming away impressed with him for pretty much the first time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
it was sort of an alluded to powerset. he convincingly portrayed the classic beyonder, created a world on his own, talked about being more powerful than the watchers. just came across as very powerful. there may have been some specific feat that i'm forgetting. i just recall coming away impressed with him for pretty much the first time.

Was that the mini with the B Class heroes? All I remember was the last battle with them squaring off against him and the Stranger IIRC didn't leave up to expectations.

I do believe he created a planet and said he could fulfill any of their wishes or some such.

More powerful than the Watchers however is something I highly doubt based on what I recall happening once Uatu interfered.

Endless Mike
Strange also made a bomb to kill all life on earth and a machine to move the earth out of orbit

leonidas
Was that the mini with the B Class heroes? All I remember was the last battle with them squaring off against him and the Stranger IIRC didn't leave up to expectations.

I do believe he created a planet and said he could fulfill any of their wishes or some such.

More powerful than the Watchers however is something I highly doubt based on what I recall happening once Uatu interfered.

yeah that's the one. pretty sure it was meant to allude to the fact that the stranger was more powerful than uatu. i'd also say no, based on feats, but i think that was what was hinted at there. there is an old defenders arc as well, where overmind was cleaning the defenders clocks and the stranger beat him. i used to have the books but no longer do and don't recall the events very clearly. overmind was made out to be very uber though and the stranger ended up beating him, but i THINK he may have had some help. wiki or something might shed some light.

Colossus-Big C
Someone post the scans of ,Stranger Vs Pluto where pluto beat him, albeit it was in hades

King Kandy
Stranger should win based on his ranking, but based on feats he loses hardcore.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yeah that's the one. pretty sure it was meant to allude to the fact that the stranger was more powerful than uatu. i'd also say no, based on feats, but i think that was what was hinted at there. there is an old defenders arc as well, where overmind was cleaning the defenders clocks and the stranger beat him. i used to have the books but no longer do and don't recall the events very clearly. overmind was made out to be very uber though and the stranger ended up beating him, but i THINK he may have had some help. wiki or something might shed some light.

I'm pretty sure Stranger backed off simply by Uatu appearing or some such. I don't have the scenes on hand unfortunately. Someone posted the scans in some thread a while back but I don't remember where.

I can't comment on that. Been too long.

King Kandy
Overmind defeated the Stranger in "Quasar" (and in a second fight, Stranger took the win).

leonidas
I'm pretty sure Stranger backed off simply by Uatu appearing or some such. I don't have the scenes on hand unfortunately. Someone posted the scans in some thread a while back but I don't remember where.

I can't comment on that. Been too long.

not gonna say you're wrong because i don't recall all the details either. just going by my remembered impression. maybe i'll try and scrounge up some scans and we can get a better idea what really happened. let's table it for now and agree that odin stomps his inconsistent and enigmatic a$$. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
not gonna say you're wrong because i don't recall all the details either. just going by my remembered impression. maybe i'll try and scrounge up some scans and we can get a better idea what really happened. let's table it for now and agree that odin stomps his inconsistent and enigmatic a$$. smile

I'm confident something like that happened. I only skimmed through the mini however because I didn't give a shit about the B-listers involved so I'm not absolutely sure unfortunately.

Agreed. Frankly, from what I've seen, his high herald/trans based on most of his showings.

Black bolt z
Stranger

long pig
stranger is weird and has too many inconsistent showings. ss held his own against him. so did quasar. beyond was his best showing, imo. and lp i think you better check that 'fourth face of lt' thing again.... big grin

odin wins, based on more consistent feats imo. Shhhh......laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.