Captain America w/o shield vs Batgirl w/standard Equip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Can she survive against him even if he doesn't have his shield?

Harbinger
She can give him a good run, but Steve's stronger, more durable, and doesn't tire. She can take some wins, but not the majority here.

long pig
Even with the gadgets and batarangs? How does he close the gap?

Q99
Originally posted by Harbinger
She can give him a good run, but Steve's stronger, more durable, and doesn't tire.

And she's got a modified brain that gives inhuman coordination, and move-reading, which makes up for a lot. Neither of them are bog human.

Sans shield, and with her having weapons, I'd personally give her a *small* edge.

Harbinger
As I said, he's stronger, more durable, and can't tire out; if anything, Cap wins via attrition because Cass will eventually tire. Plus, Cap's got some damn impressive dodging/evading feats to his name, so I doubt Cass connects with all of the gadgets she throws at Steve here. She's faster, but not by a significant amount, IMO.

Q99
She doesn't have to connect with a lot, they just give an additional threat that he has to worry about. He's got strength and stamina, she's got speed, coordination, and reading. Tossing in Batarang that have near-bullseye level accuracy helps tip the scale.

Anyway, whoever wins, very close and cool fight.

Batman-Prime
I think Cap takes a solid majority, like 8/10. He is longer in that business, has faced a lot more foes and is one of the best h2h fighters in the MU + his physical superiority.

Q99
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think Cap takes a solid majority, like 8/10. He is longer in that business, has faced a lot more foes and is one of the best h2h fighters in the MU + his physical superiority.

She's been fighting her entire life, has Taskmaster-style move copying, is one of the best H2H fighters in the DCU, and her brain is sufficiently odd that she can do combos that are mentally impossible for a normal person (coordination-wise that is. She can basically put her full focus into each hit and move).

He's got an altered body, she's got an altered brain. They're a rather good pair.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
She's been fighting her entire life, has Taskmaster-style move copying, is one of the best H2H fighters in the DCU, and her brain is sufficiently odd that she can do combos that are mentally impossible for a normal person (coordination-wise that is. She can basically put her full focus into each hit and move).

He's got an altered body, she's got an altered brain. They're a rather good pair.

actually Caps brain is altered as well. everything about him is enhanced.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Feron
actually Caps brain is altered as well. everything about him is enhanced.

Not to the same extent hers is.

There's effectively three powers she has as a result: Mentally impossible coordination, Taskmaster-like copying, and body language reading.

JonyBoy2
Originally posted by Q99
Not to the same extent hers is.

There's effectively three powers she has as a result: Mentally impossible coordination, Taskmaster-like copying, and body language reading. Cap 6/10

srankmissingnin
Steve is stronger, faster, more skilled and has infinite stamina. He takes the high majority.

Sin I AM
im sick of th cap doesnt tire argument, under the strain of a fight he will fatigue like everyone else, as shown in actual comics

h1a8
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Steve is stronger, faster, more skilled and has infinite stamina. He takes the high majority.

I disagree that he's faster. I disagree that he's more skilled too (as far as without the shield). Even if Im wrong then the difference is very minute here. What turns the tables is the fact that she has weapons and can copy his fighting skill like taskmaster did. She wins the majority easily.

Also, CA doesn't have infinite stamina.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve wins. Faster (She has a high end bullet dodging feat? Steve has outrun bullets), noticeably stronger and tougher, has the endurance edge and I doubt she's more skilled.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by h1a8
I disagree that he's faster. I disagree that he's more skilled too (as far as without the shield). Even if Im wrong then the difference is very minute here. What turns the tables is the fact that she has weapons and can copy his fighting skill like taskmaster did. She wins the majority easily.

What a happy coincident that Captain America being faster and more skilled isn't a mater of opinion, but undisputed fact. cool

Deadline
Originally posted by Q99

Cap has an enhanced brain. Cap did well against Taskmaster using more deadly equipment than Cass.

Daredevil1
Batgirl really hasn't impressed me with her Taskmaster copying skills outside from fighting this shadow character.

I give it to Steve 6/10 after a good fight. His advantages look better to me then Cass.

But I could see why Cass fans argue against it with her decent record against Slade.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Deadline
Cap has an enhanced brain.

LOL weren't you just asking me for references for this and here you are using it for Cap.

Shame on you Deadline.

long pig
Batgirl isn't faster. You could make an argument she's more agile.

Robin Dc
5/10 to me

Konton
Cassandra.

Steve w/ shield takes the majority though.

long pig
How? Why? wtf is wrong with you people giving three, monosyllabic answers?

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve wins. Faster (She has a high end bullet dodging feat? Steve has outrun bullets), noticeably stronger and tougher, has the endurance edge and I doubt she's more skilled.

Steve never outran bullets. That feat is invalid for several reasons

1. It's physically impossible to fire 3 times before the first bullet hits a target from 10 meters away. Thus the first 3 bullets missed and CA caught the latter 3 bullets.

2. CA can't run as fast as a bullet without being PIS.

3. The writer wasn't trying to portray the feat in the literal sense that CA actually outran bullets, but rather CA reacted quick enough to protect the individual before they got fired upon. It is all about the meaning of what the writer/artist is trying to portray.

With that said,
being stronger and tougher doesn't outweigh her weapons advantage and her taskmaster ability. She wins a slight majority.

Daredevil1

With that said,
being stronger and tougher doesn't outweigh her weapons advantage and her taskmaster ability. She wins a slight majority.

Your right to your opinion but calling it taskmaster ability is laughable since its not even close. Were talking about a guy who can watch a kunfu flic in fast forward and then mimick double speed.

Besides Steve himself he has a stat advantage against her and with his enhanced mind would probably a step head of her in combat for a slight majority.

Daredevil1
Steve never outran bullets. That feat is invalid for several reasons

BG bullet time feats are out as well then. At least with Steve we get characters with similar speed feats like Cass. At least with Steve we have Daredevil and others all comment about how he is better then them in the area of speed. Even Ironfist himself was amazed by Steve's speed.

Daredevil1
easily.

This is true as he can get tired. But he does have more stamina then the normal non enhanced folks like Daredevil/Cass thanks to the SSS.

Logan has stated Steve is the the energizer bunny of the spandex kind. And this is coming from Logan who has a lot of stamina thanks to his mutant ability.

An Steve's stamina has even outlasted even tchalla's who is also very high up there in his own right.

So your right its not infinite but since his is enhanced, its at least better then Cass stamina.

Q99
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Your right to your opinion but calling it taskmaster ability is laughable since its not even close. Were talking about a guy who can watch a kunfu flic in fast forward and then mimick double speed.

Speed is a matter of power-to-mass. Watching it in fast forward doesn't double his muscles, it just puts it more at his level ^^ I.e. he was way past the actors in the movie to begin with.

Cassandra can see a move once and do it at her max no problem. In terms of how well she can mimic MA, she's already at 'perfect.'

Her mind's more enhanced, and specifically being ahead of the game is her thing.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
Speed is a matter of power-to-mass. Watching it in fast forward doesn't double his muscles, it just puts it more at his level ^^ I.e. he was way past the actors in the movie to begin with.

After I rechecked it wasn't actors it was Advanced Wu-shu reference.

Plus he was moving so fast he stated his body would break either from exhaustion or broken bones. Cass wouldn't be able to match such duplication or his other majority feats.

Yeah but nothing demonstrated by Task's level. But then again Task has something called a super learning formula. He is enhanced unlike Cass.

Her mind she can do some things and IIRC the Agent's were disagreeing about it on a whole anyways. Cap will have the strategic/tactical sense advantage against her in a fight.

I mean Bruce is a better detective and more smarter then Steve in science and creating technology, but it doesn't mean his mind is enhanced either. Like Bruce she just trained her mind to multi-task better by practicing/training from her youth. Not the same thing as having an actual enhanced mind like Steve/Slade.

cdtm
Originally posted by Harbinger
As I said, he's stronger, more durable, and can't tire out; if anything, Cap wins via attrition because Cass will eventually tire. Plus, Cap's got some damn impressive dodging/evading feats to his name, so I doubt Cass connects with all of the gadgets she throws at Steve here. She's faster, but not by a significant amount, IMO.

Not to knock Caps speed, as dodging thugs with automatic weapons is "Another day at the office" for him, but Cass has at least a few instances of dodging bullets AFTER the guns were fired.

Which should be impossible, unless she were a speedster, but they happened...

Daredevil1
Originally posted by cdtm
Not to knock Caps speed, as dodging thugs with automatic weapons is "Another day at the office" for him, but Cass has at least a few instances of dodging bullets AFTER the guns were fired.

Which should be impossible, unless she were a speedster, but they happened...

Cap has his own bullet time feats, to even crazier playing in zero gravity against laser beams which should be even more impossible, but they happened.

Plus Daredevil as well has his own scenes of dodging bullets AFTER the guns were fired. And DD has admitted that Cap is faster then him.

long pig
laughing out loud You guys respond nicely when verbally abused.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.