Thor vs Namor w a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
No Mjolnir. Fight in the Pacific Ocean.

Omega Vision
Still Thor.

Brockalizer
Water is an excellent conductor, Namor gets fried.

Black bolt z
Thor gets salt water in his eyes, goes blind, then drowns.

h1a8
I would go with Namor as first of all his strength will now be close to Thors and Namor can manuever through water far better than Thor can.
Thor would get stomped, even if he is a little stronger than Namor in this circumstance.

rotiart
(auto quote)[/

Namor calls upon the powers of the electric eel. ;-)

Brockalizer
Originally posted by h1a8
I would go with Namor as first of all his strength will now be close to Thors and Namor can manuever through water far better than Thor can.
Thor would get stomped, even if he is a little stronger than Namor in this circumstance.
Huh? Namor doesn't have any strength feats that even come close to rivaling Thor's.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Huh? Namor doesn't have any strength feats that even come close to rivaling Thor's.

He overpowered Savage Hulk quite soundly under water..

Namors pretty damn strong even out of the water. Under water he's basically Super-Namor.

dmills
Your putting Thor...in the ocean...without Mjolnir... against Namor? No balance, no way to firmly plant his feet for punches, in Namor's element? he'd get stomped hard. What's next, Thor vs Nova Prime in space without Mjolnir? In fact, that'll be a cool gauntlet. Thor vs X, Without mjolnir, in said characters most advantageous surroundings.

Thor vs Namor in the ocean
Thor vs Superman next to the sun
Thor vs X-man in the astral plane
Thor vs Nova Prime in Space

Just messin with you Bentley ;p

TheLordofMurder
Thor easily...

Thor simply destroys him with his God Blast as he did Durok; Thor can use the God Blast sans Mjolnir btw (and he destroyed Durok in exacty this fashion)...

dmills
Thor is not god-blasting Namor dude.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by dmills
Thor is not god-blasting Namor dude.

Why not? The OP did not forbid it...

If Namor is trying to take Thor out, why wouldnt Thor respond forcefully as well?

Mindset
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor easily...

Thor simply destroys him with his God Blast as he did Durok; Thor can use the God Blast sans Mjolnir btw (and he destroyed Durok in exacty this fashion)... That wasn't a god blast.

dmills
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Why not? The OP did not forbid it...

If Namor is trying to take Thor out, why wouldnt Thor respond forcefully as well? They're both in character. Thor's not dialing up his most devastating attack on Namor unless the op specified bloodlust. Which he didn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Your putting Thor...in the ocean...without Mjolnir... against Namor? No balance, no way to firmly plant his feet for punches, in Namor's element? he'd get stomped hard. What's next, Thor vs Nova Prime in space without Mjolnir? In fact, that'll be a cool gauntlet. Thor vs X, Without mjolnir, in said characters most advantageous surroundings.

baka

Thor's not getting stomped, in fact he'd win, and he only uses Mjolnir as a club against Namor (Barring one energy blast that missed). Throw in the showings where he illustrates flight without using the hammer, and this doesn't end well for Namor. Even discounting those instances, Thor can apparently swim faster than the fastest of fishes (lol) and has illustrated a lot of maneuverability in water including leaping.

If Thor's portrayed as about as maneuverable as the Hulk, and Namor's speed is shown to be a big advantage as it is against other bricks, allowing him to create a whirlpool or some such, it wouldn't end well as Namora learned. Not with Thor's mastery over the elements.

For the record, I'd favor Thor over Nova Prime in space with or without Mjolnir. Unfortunately, the Astral Plane/the Sun would be far too much of an advantage for Nate Grey/Kal-El.

carver9
Namor stomps.

celeyhyga17
Namor

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
baka

Thor's not getting stomped, in fact he'd win, and he only uses Mjolnir as a club against Namor (Barring one energy blast that missed). Throw in the showings where he illustrates flight without using the hammer, and this doesn't end well for Namor. Even discounting those instances, Thor can apparently swim faster than the fastest of fishes (lol) and has illustrated a lot of maneuverability in water including leaping.

If Thor's portrayed as about as maneuverable as the Hulk, and Namor's speed is shown to be a big advantage as it is against other bricks, allowing him to create a whirlpool or some such, it wouldn't end well as Namora learned. Not with Thor's mastery over the elements.

For the record, I'd favor Thor over Nova Prime in space with or without Mjolnir. Unfortunately, the Astral Plane/the Sun would be far too much of an advantage for Nate Grey/Kal-El.

Lawlz...

Thor beating Nova prime in space without Mjolnir? laughing out loud I dare someone to make that thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9
Namor stomps. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Namor

doh

Lawlz...

Thor beating Nova prime in space without Mjolnir? laughing out loud I dare someone to make that thread.

You found an observation of mine regarding this fight to be incorrect? If so, address the point you wish to contest.

You're welcome to make it. With or without Mjolnir, I would not bet on Nova beating Thor in a fight head on. He could by pulling a more indirect tactic such as a Stargate. If you limit it to Thor not being able to fly or project energy, then I believe he has sufficient power to eventually wear Thor down.

celeyhyga17

No Mjolnir I'm taking all of these guys.

dmills
doh

You found an observation of mine regarding this fight to be incorrect? If so, address the point you wish to contest.

You're welcome to make it. With or without Mjolnir, I would not bet on Nova beating Thor in a fight head on. He could by pulling a more indirect tactic such as a Stargate. If you limit it to Thor not being able to fly or project energy, then I believe he has sufficient power to eventually wear Thor down.

Look man you know how I feel about you. But I'm sorry, some posts are -at least on the surface- to silly to respond to. I consider this one of those times. However, since I don't see you as someone who pulls stuff out of his rectum, I suppose I'll have to take a closer look at it. But I gotta doubt anything that you could post would ever convince me that Thor will out swim, maneuver and ultimately out fight Namor in the ocean.

I won't make the thread because I think its gay when an op creates a thread and then actively sides with a character and debates it in the thread. And you better damn well believe I'd be actively participating in that one. Let Thor fly or whatever, doesn't matter to me. He ain't beating Rich in a fight in space without his hammer.

Mindset
Namor wins.

Bentley
@Dmills: I loled at the Thor vs Nate in the Astral Plane.

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley
@Dmills: I loled at the Thor vs Nate in the Astral Plane.

Yeah, I thought you'd get a kick outta that.

But seriously man I find this "deus ex" outlook of Thor to be absurd. He's going to out swim and out fight Namor in the ocean, out fight Nova in space etc, all without Mjolnir. I mean come on here. I dig the hammer as a sort of plot device deal, but not Thor himself.

One thing that I can respect about Supes is that while he doesn't have the most varied powerset in comic-dom, he does what he does with what he's got. No matter the plot, holes in space/time, whatever, you just know that that motherphucker is going to figure out a way to beat it with heat vision lol.

Mindset
Tbf, it's Rage talking about Thor.

srankmissingnin
The collective histories of Namor and Thor, comparing how they've fared in fights against the same foes (Herc / Hulk / Sentry ect), would suggest that Namor v Thor would be something close to 50/50 sans Mjolnir even on land.

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
Tbf, it's Rage talking about Thor. laughing out loud You said it, not me!

dmills
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The collective histories of Namor and Thor, comparing how they've fared in fights against the same foes (Herc / Hulk / Sentry ect), would suggest that Namor v Thor would be something close to 50/50 sans Mjolnir even on land. There is that, but one thing that's also been fairly consistent in the histories-barring plot driven stuff- is that Namor steps it up in orders of magnitude under water no? Or do you see it remaining equal even under water?

srankmissingnin
There is that, but one thing that's also been fairly consistent in the histories-barring plot driven stuff- is that Namor steps it up in orders of magnitude under water no? Or do you see it remaining equal even under water?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was saying that 50/50 on land would mean a stomp underwater for Namor, or at the very least a healthy majority.

dmills
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was saying that 50/50 on land would mean a stomp underwater for Namor, or at the very least a healthy majority. thumb up

DARTH POWER
He's stomped Savage Hulk underwater.. I really dnt see Thor doing much better than Hulk without Mjolnir..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Look man you know how I feel about you. But I'm sorry, some posts are -at least on the surface- to silly to respond to. I consider this one of those times. However, since I don't see you as someone who pulls stuff out of his rectum, I suppose I'll have to take a closer look at it. But I gotta doubt anything that you could post would ever convince me that Thor will out swim, maneuver and ultimately out fight Namor in the ocean.

I won't make the thread because I think its gay when an op creates a thread and then actively sides with a character and debates it in the thread. And you better damn well believe I'd be actively participating in that one. Let Thor fly or whatever, doesn't matter to me. He ain't beating Rich in a fight in space without his hammer.

erm What exactly did you find silly in my post? Please specify.

I don't think Thor would out swim Namor -at least I highly doubt it- but he has shown extreme maneuverability and speed in water. Throw in instances where he has shown to fly without using Mjolnir, and one of Namor's biggest advantages in water becomes moot.

Best case scenario, in the water Namor would be able to dodge Thor's blows more easily such as seen here:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsNamor3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsNamor4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsNamor5.jpg

But even then, as we saw, Thor can maneuver very effectively in water, is able to take his blows -even underwater- in stride and can grab as well as manhandle Namor.

And I'm assuming -or hoping at least- that you're ignoring Thor's elemental based powers otherwise Thor's ability to control the element of water alone would be a huge advantage as Namora learned:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/NamoraMalestrom1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/NamoraMalestrom2.jpg

He has showings that illustrate much more power over the sea but that scene is related to this fight.

There are instances where Thor has shown a decent amount of maneuverability in water without the power of flight such as here:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/NamorvsThor4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/NamorvsThor5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/NamorvsThor6.jpg

It should be noted, Namor wasn't 100% in that fight due to the pollution so the scene wasn't posted to illustrate Namor's performance against Thor but the Odinson's ability to fight underwater. A scan to illustrate Namor's performance would be this one:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Namordown1blow.jpg

stick out tongue

And for the lulz, the swimming scene:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/AmazingAim6.jpg

Make the thread. Five gets you ten I'll be able to support the stance that Prime won't be able to beat Thor straight up. Maybe through smart thinking such as a Stargate as Thor's versatility is severely limited.

Mindset
Namor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can't argue against that. I concede.

Hyperion Prime
Thor wins this. Namor has never been able to beat Hercules under water. I don't see how he could handle Thor. I know he has beat the hulk underwater, but that's a different story.

Mindset
Herc > Thor

I don't remember them actually fighting underwater though.

Hyperion Prime
Herc > Thor

I don't remember them actually fighting underwater though.

You know what you might be right. The one time they fought I think on Avengers island. The second time they fought on something in the middle of the ocean. They were only under water for a second. I still remember a time they were under water. I will have to find it.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/detail.jpg

dmills

Make the thread. Five gets you ten I'll be able to support the stance that Prime won't be able to beat Thor straight up. Maybe through smart thinking such as a Stargate as Thor's versatility is severely limited. Now you've peaked my curiosity. I'll make it, if only just to see how others respond.

Bentley
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
You know what you might be right. The one time they fought I think on Avengers island. The second time they fought on something in the middle of the ocean. They were only under water for a second. I still remember a time they were under water. I will have to find it.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/detail.jpg

Herc got his *ss saved by Namora there.

long pig
Thor's the gayest thing in marvel. No wonder odin is so disappointed in him.

Mindset
Gonna have to disagree with you there.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080521043432/marveldatabase/images/thumb/d/de/Christian_Frost_%28Earth-616%29.jpg/200px-Christian_Frost_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

long pig
stfu, overeem.

Mindset
http://www.mma-extreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/overeem_little_girl_kick2.gif

long pig
were you about to rape that midget?

baka

For the record, I'd favor Thor over Nova Prime in space with or without Mjolnir. Unfortunately, the Astral Plane/the Sun would be far too much of an advantage for Nate Grey/Kal-El. jesus ****ing christ rage, give it a rest. SNG would stomp thor in the astral plane, nova would crush him without mjolnir and the only way thor beats namor in the ocean is by using mjolnir or his elemental powers for what they're worth.

TheLordofMurder
That wasn't a god blast.

Then what was it?

It clearly wasnt a lightning strike...

Kasper Gutman
Namor's been one shotted before on land and Thor has pretty easily beat him underwater without the hammer. Rage clearly showed this with scans.

Bentley
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Namor's been one shotted before on land and Thor has pretty easily beat him underwater without the hammer. Rage clearly showed this with scans.

Namor being oneshotted is hardly the norm though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To be fair, it was closer to a temporary/flash knock out or stun. Still, in that comic, the wisest course of action Namor could take would be to avoid Thor's attacks.

Originally posted by 753
jesus ****ing christ rage, give it a rest. SNG would stomp thor in the astral plane, nova would crush him without mjolnir and the only way thor beats namor in the ocean is by using mjolnir or his elemental powers for what they're worth.

Lol? I took a stance that I'm sticking with and it's also a stance I can support. I'm not forcing you to read my posts or agree with me. Stop being such a little b*tch and prove me wrong if you think I'm so incorrect. Since it's obviously so clear cut, it would be easy, no?

For the record, I pointed out that Thor would lose to Shaman Nate Grey in an astral plane battle. Not really sure why anyone would say otherwise as there's no evidence to support the stance. You think so? Okay, I disagree.

dmills
I got a kick out of the "power to leap out of water" laughing out loud I also love how in those days they explained every action in the panel in painstaking detail lol. I guess they assumed the reader was stupid!

Lord Feron
I got a kick out of the "power to leap out of water" laughing out loud I also love how in those days they explained every action in the panel in painstaking detail lol. I guess they assumed the reader was stupid!

Some readers still need that. Like when you see colossus and Cyclops talking and then they go and fight some other dude, some readers assume that means Colossus can take a full blast from Cyke with no damage. laughing out loud

Also being in water is not enough of an advantage for Namor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Comics had a great deal of exposition at times back in the day.

dmills
Most of the exposition during action sequences was being done in a first person narrative by the character in either a speech bubble or a thought bubble. They also would make extensive use of captions as a plot driver as well.

Nowadays thought bubbles are all but extinct, and captions are used as a narration device to elaborate on plots as well as character thoughts. Ultimately it makes for a more streamlined book I suppose, but very often I find that the reader is left clueless as to the true intent of a particular scene, and thus forced to interpolate.

To be fair, it was closer to a temporary/flash knock out or stun. Still, in that comic, the wisest course of action Namor could take would be to avoid Thor's attacks.

Lol? I took a stance that I'm sticking with and it's also a stance I can support. I'm not forcing you to read my posts or agree with me. Stop being such a little b*tch and prove me wrong if you think I'm so incorrect. Since it's obviously so clear cut, it would be easy, no?

For the record, I pointed out that Thor would lose to Shaman Nate Grey in an astral plane battle. Not really sure why anyone would say otherwise as there's no evidence to support the stance. You think so? Okay, I disagree. your interpretation of thor bugs everyone uhuh. but yeah it looks like I misread your post about nate. the nova thing has been pretty much decided on the other thread as nova winning. As for thor vs namor, like I said, he'd need to use his elemental powers for what they're worth on the water to beat namor your post implied if they just slugged it out underwater thor could beat him with his stats alone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
your interpretation of thor bugs everyone uhuh. but yeah it looks like I misread your post about nate. the nova thing has been pretty much decided on the other thread as nova winning. As for thor vs namor, like I said, he'd need to use his elemental powers for what they're worth on the water to beat namor your post implied if they just slugged it out underwater thor could beat him with his stats alone.

My interpretation? When I'm actually discussing a topic, everything I bring up or any stance I take, I can support with actual on panel evidence.

Decided? Not even close. Ignoring the flawed logic that numbers = right, a majority of people posting Nova stomps just for the hell of it doesn't mean it's decided. Not even close. If you want, you can reply to my post, dispute my points. I'll be more than happy to debate the topic with you. Like I said, it should be easy with me so obviously being in the wrong, right?

If they had a slug fest under water, Thor would beat Namor. If they had an actual battle underwater, Namor's speed would offer an advantage but only to an extent as he's not fighting the Hulk here. Thor has a great deal of maneuverability under water and flight capabilities without Mjolnir.

For the record, if Thor used his elemental and energy based powers, he'd wreck Namor in the air, on land, and under the sea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.