Solomon Grundy vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Solomon Grundy(High End)

vs.

Thanos

Forum Rules except no BFR. Fight to KO, KILL, INCAPACITATION. Who wins?

Sin I AM
thanos...i honestly dont see him getting put down by physical force alone

Harbinger
Pretty good fight. IIRC, Grundy at his best was able to two-shot SA Supes, so he's got some pretty damn good strength. He'd definitely give Thanos a run for his money here. If the fight gets to a slugfest, I'd give SG the edge. However, Thanos has intelligence and versatility on his side; I'd give him the majority, 7/10 or so.

Gecko4lif
If thanos has any tech at all I dont see grundy beating him

zeel
in a pure physical fight grundy would win. ANd this is takeing nothing away from thanos. PC grundy demolished pre crisis supes. Thanos is still overall more powerful,more intelligent and has his tech to aid him.

Thanos ftw provided thanos utilizes his tech and other strengths.

Black bolt z
Thanos.

Uriel005
Absolute best Grundy would take avatar of death powers to beat... wonder where Thanos would find those shifty

Hyperion Prime
I think in a hand-to-hand fight Solomon Grundy can take some of these, but not enough to make it matter. Thanos can take hits from Odins spear and Tyrant so I am sure he can handle earth shattering punches from Grundy. 8/10 Thanos

If Thanos uses all his powers then it's 10/10

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thanos...i honestly dont see him getting put down by physical force alone That's because you are not logical. Energy projection durability is not the same as physical force durability. Thanos is around the same durability against physical strikes as Thor (maybe less).
Grundy doesn't have energy projection. So Thanos energy durability wouldn't do him good here.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
That's because you are not logical. Energy projection durability is not the same as physical force durability. Thanos is around the same durability against physical strikes as Thor (maybe less).
Grundy doesn't have energy projection. So Thanos energy durability wouldn't do him good here. erm

AsbestosFlaygon
Thanos is more versatile (varied powerset), more durable (as witnessed in Thanos Imperative), far more intelligent (obviously).

Thanos 9/10, if not 10/10

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Nihilist
h1a8 doesn't know what he talking about, Thanos durability is the same for both energy and physical attacks. If I'm wrong plz tell of all the instances of poor durability against physical/blunt force attacks

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
h1a8 doesn't know what he talking about, Thanos durability is the same for both energy and physical attacks. If I'm wrong plz tell of all the instances of poor durability against physical/blunt force attacks

If it is the same then u must prove it is. You must show a physical blow delivered to Thanos on the level of an Odin blast where Thanos is seemingly ok afterwards. Till then it is not.

Thor resisted Celestials beams (>>>>>Odin) and Destroyers beam (again >>>>Odin). That doesn't mean he can resisted a physical blow on the same level.

Parmaniac
That's because you are not logical. Energy projection durability is not the same as physical force durability. thumb up Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos is around the same durability against physical strikes as Thor (maybe less).
Grundy doesn't have energy projection. So Thanos energy durability wouldn't do him good here. thumb down

Nihilist
If it is the same then u must prove it is. You must show a physical blow delivered to Thanos on the level of an Odin blast where Thanos is seemingly ok afterwards. Till then it is not.

Thor resisted Celestials beams (>>>>>Odin) and Destroyers beam (again >>>>Odin). That doesn't mean he can resisted a physical blow on the same level. Thanos took a full punch from Magus who had 5 infinity gems(and don't even say he was any more powerful than normal, the guy was merging two universes...that gives you a idea the scale of how powerful he was). He also took from Afro Magus using the soul gem amped by 25,000 Black Knights, he also took over 10 cosmic amped punches from a more powerful Thanos doppleganer...and he was fine from all 3 attacks.
Now let's have some proof from you instead of your usual bs

long pig
h1a8 doesn't know what he talking about, Thanos durability is the same for both energy and physical attacks. If I'm wrong plz tell of all the instances of poor durability against physical/blunt force attacks No it isn't. Use your head. He absorbs energy, so energy blasts aren't as effective. Like Bishop can take a blast, but not a stab. Thanos has been stabbed before. Think before you speak ffs.

Nihilist
Originally posted by long pig
No it isn't. Use your head. He absorbs energy, so energy blasts aren't as effective. Like Bishop can take a blast, but not a stab. Thanos has been stabbed before. Think before you speak ffs. don't talk stupid Long Turd, because he absorbs energy doesn't mean energy attacks have less effect at all, and there is nothing to support that theory. IF you have anything to prove me wrong then post it, and if it was the case regarding energy attack why doesn't Thanos simply absorb the energy attacks then.
Oh and lol at using Wolverine stabbing Thanos when he was using adamantium, Gamora recently tried to stab Thanos with the God Slayer and it broke on his skin.(So trying to use. Logans stabbing as a average is laughable.

long pig
Don't be stupid. Or at least try and not be stupid. If you're an ambient energy absorber, like Thanos, Strange, Bishop, Havock....etc, you won't get the full effect of a blast. Your body will automatically absorb some of it. Your point was if your body handles an energy blast one way, it can handle a physical assault just as good. That's just retarded and you know it. Thanos's durability is based around molecular control. Almost a fluidity to his durability. It changes. But yeah, he can be stabbed by a normal person. But he also can brace himself and tank MASSIVE damage. But the point is you're wrong. I'm right. You're dumb. I'm smart.

long pig
Thanos nutt huggers like nihilist need to just stop. Jesus christ.

Nihilist

Nihilist
So no proof again Long turd just speculation on your part, your b*tching in every Thanos thread or about Thanos in general is getting old now. Stick to making Butthurt threads because this kind of thing makes you look like a rabid crackhead

h1a8
Thanos took a full punch from Magus who had 5 infinity gems(and don't even say he was any more powerful than normal, the guy was merging two universes...that gives you a idea the scale of how powerful he was). He also took from Afro Magus using the soul gem amped by 25,000 Black Knights, he also took over 10 cosmic amped punches from a more powerful Thanos doppleganer...and he was fine from all 3 attacks.
Now let's have some proof from you instead of your usual bs

Magus didn't punch him with full power. He held back. This is known due to him trying to punish Thanos in order to get him to admit something. He wasn't trying to kill him at all.

h1a8
Originally posted by Parmaniac
thumb up thumb down You right. I went a little too far about Thanos and Thor. Thanos>Thor in both durability (energy and blunt). Thanks for the critique. smile

Nihilist
Magus didn't punch him with full power. He held back. This is known due to him trying to punish Thanos in order to get him to admit something. He wasn't trying to kill him at all.
He was trying to harm/injure him for sure, even though he held back the power he was packing was far beyond any physical hit Thanos has took from anyone.

I aslo noticed you ignored the other feats I named as the kill your argument.

Galan007
Originally posted by Harbinger
Pretty good fight. IIRC, Grundy at his best was able to two-shot SA Supes, so he's got some pretty damn good strength. Classic Grundy was able to own pre-crisis Superman as easily as he did, because his punches contain magical energies (of which affected Supes just as much as Kryptonite, back in the day):

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8222/supesgrundy1.th.jpg

I'm not saying classic Grundy still wasn't insanely powerful (he did own the entire pre-crisis JLA with a fair amount of ease, after all) - but we just can't use his owning of pre-crisis Supes as a gauge for how he'd do vs. Thanos.

h1a8
He was trying to harm/injure him for sure, even though he held back the power he was packing was far beyond any physical hit Thanos has took from anyone.

He wanted Thanos to be coherent enough to admit. Thus it wasn't hard enough to ko Thanos.

The other feats are garbage as to why I ignored them. How does any of them compared to taking Celestial beams or Destroyers beam?

The point was to show that energy durability is not the same as blunt force durability.

You put Thor in Thanos place and Thor would be fine as well. Hell Thor was fine when Mangog hit him hundreds to thousands of times and we all know how powerful Classic Mangog was.

Nihilist
Lol you're just a idiot troll who arguments fail on the premise of using Thor when Thanos has been shown to be above Thor when he dropped him with two eye beams, so I guess using your logic Thanos eye beam>>>>Celestial/Destroyer then and that was a weaker pre res Thanos.

I see you continue to dissregard feats as crap because you don't like them or haven't read the story.

Tell you what to end your BS, me you Battlezone loser leaves kmc

Batman-Prime
Thanos for the majority.

h1a8
Lol you're just a idiot troll who arguments fail on the premise of using Thor when Thanos has been shown to be above Thor when he dropped him with two eye beams, so I guess using your logic Thanos eye beam>>>>Celestial/Destroyer then and that was a weaker pre res Thanos.

I see you continue to dissregard feats as crap because you don't like them or haven't read the story.

Tell you what to end your BS, me you Battlezone loser leaves kmc That is not even my logic. You claimed Thanos has uber physical blunt durability because of his fight with Odin. I merely stated that energy projection durability is not the same as physical blunt durability for the reasons I gave with Thor.

As for Thanos having greater physical blunt durability than Thor, I agree that it is but only slightly. This is because I see Thor surviving the same physical hits that Thanos received IN COMICS. Hell Thor survived far worst IMO.

But Thanos wins because of his other powers. A pure slug fest would be different though.

Nihilist
Stop lying h1, I never said Thanos blunt force durability was as good BECAUSE of the Odin energy projection showing, is said it was because of his blunt force showings themselves.

Diesldude

Look, I got a baseball bat see, and if i take a full speed swing at someone's head it's more than likey going to kill him. But if i tap him with the same bat, is that going to have the same results? No, that's exactly what Magus did, he tapped him.

long pig
So no proof again Long turd just speculation on your part, your b*tching in every Thanos thread or about Thanos in general is getting old now. Stick to making Butthurt threads because this kind of thing makes you look like a rabid crackhead laughing out loud You mad? yes Don't get so worked up, you might lose focus and allow a Thanos nut to slip out of your mouth. Squeeze them nuts, baby. ......you little fanboy.

long pig
Thanos wins, but unfortunately Nihilist continues to lose. sad big grin

Nihilist
Originally posted by Diesldude
Look, I got a baseball bat see, and if i take a full speed swing at someone's head it's more than likey going to kill him. But if i tap him with the same bat, is that going to have the same results? No, that's exactly what Magus did, he tapped him.
In your baseball bat anology do you have the power of a abstract and the power the merge 2 universes? No that's why your anology fails hard as the power Magus had even using a fraction of it is far greater than most using full power

Diesldude
laughing out loud You mad? yes Don't get so worked up, you might lose focus and allow a Thanos nut to slip out of your mouth. Squeeze them nuts, baby. ......you little fanboy.

laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Nihilist
I see Long turd is still butthurt by me destroying him, nevermind go treat yourself by giving out some blow jobs for crack to cheer yourself up.

Diesldude
In your baseball bat anology do you have the power of a abstract and the power the merge 2 universes? No that's why your anology fails hard as the power Magus had even using a fraction of it is far greater than most using full power

I am saying that just because one has the power doesn't mean they will have to use all of it to get someone's attention. Magus being an abstract will have even greater control on the use of his power than me tapping someone with a bat. So he would use just enough of the power to get thanos attention without killing him.

Same thing with play fighting. Those punches won't hurt as much as the ones in a real fight.

long pig
I am saying that just because one has the power doesn't mean they will have to use all of it to get someone's attention. Magus being an abstract will have even greater control on the use of his power than me tapping someone with a bat. So he would use just enough of the power to get thanos attention without killing him.

Same thing with play fighting. Those punches won't hurt as much as the ones in a real fight. Correct, my good sir.

Nihilist
So you agree Magus was trying hurt Thanos to prove a point, good I'm right.

Leobama
aside from all tha nutt talk, it looks like nihilist has owned this debate, fellas

Diesldude
So you agree Magus was trying hurt Thanos to prove a point, good I'm right.

So are you saying that he couldn't hurt thanos with the 5 gems. Give me a break! Next thing you guys are going to say is that the infinity gauntlet was a fake mitt. The real power came from thanos himself.

long pig
So are you saying that he couldn't hurt thanos with the 5 gems. Give me a break! Next thing you guys are going to say is that the infinity gauntlet was a fake mitt. The real power came from thanos himself. haha. Thanos just had cold hands. It's about time someone else is seeing the absurdity of this Thanos cult we have at KMC.

Diesldude
haha. Thanos just had cold hands. It's about time someone else is seeing the absurdity of this Thanos cult we have at KMC.

That or Protection when he m@sturbates. eek!

long pig
Lol protection?

Diesldude
Edit

Nihilist
So are you saying that he couldn't hurt thanos with the 5 gems. Give me a break! Next thing you guys are going to say is that the infinity gauntlet was a fake mitt. The real power came from thanos himself. you're not even making any sense now, take Long Pigs balls out your mouth then it might be clearer as to what you are trying to say.

long pig
Ya know, over the past week person after person has told you stop being such a idiotic fanboy and you won't listen. The first step of Thanos cock recovery is admitting you have a problem. Is person after person who makes fun of you for being a nut hugger involved in a giant conspiracy out to get you? no It's not healthy to have such strong sexual desire for a fictional character. Constantly masturbating to the Thanos tattoo on your arm is bad for you psychi as well as the bruised and battered mush mound that was once your penis. Basically, it's time you remove the giant purple dick you had surgically implanted in your ass all those years ago. I'm rooting for you big guy. You can do it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is Short bus up to his old tricks again? He still hasn't gotten over the fact that Strange admitted on panel that he couldn't hope to stop Thanos.. and surfer was the only one to do so... Well we all know how thats went multiple times don't we... That means strange is even below that... pretty sad indeed. What's worse.. in their other comparison... Thor wrecks strange with ease when strange had help. Thanos.. deals with Thor on his own and needed no help. Huge difference in power. Long Shortbut that is just something you'll have to live with.

Nihilist
Tell you what Long Turd why dony you make another long post to show your not obsessed and butthurt by me.

long pig
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
He still hasn't gotten over the fact that Strange admitted on panel that he couldn't hope to stop Thanos.. and surfer was the only one to do so... Well we all know how thats went multiple times don't we... That means strange is even below that... pretty sad indeed. What's worse.. in their other comparison... Thor wrecks strange with ease when strange had help. Thanos.. deals with Thor on his own and needed no help Let Me clue you and your boyfriends in on something. I'm a huge Thanos fan, you jackass. That's why I won't allow you two butt****ers to make his fans look bad. As for Strange admitting inferiority? The mods have already warned everyone that scan can no longer be used in these debates because it goes against his other feats where he beats people above Thanos. So....laughing out loud@ You. yes. Funny thing is, I was humiliating Nihilist, not you. I forgot you existed. I guess you must be in love. Sticking up for your boo, huh?

long pig
Tell you what Long Turd why dony you make another long post to show your not obsessed and butthurt by me. Now, back to little sister. Question: What's your fascination with my ass? Do you normally ask other men how thier ass holes feel? It seems to come up in every convo. You're a creepy little homo aren't you? I bet you and the other Thanos nutt huggers have hours long in depth discussions on Thanos's ass, huh? How deep it is, what it tastes like etc. big grin You gay.

Diesldude
^^ laughing out loud

you're not even making any sense now, take Long Pigs balls out your mouth then it might be clearer as to what you are trying to say.

Nice way to avoid my question.
A person with 5 gems would have easily wiped the floor with Thanos if he wanted to.

long pig
Big diesel, you can't expect to get a straight answer from someone who isn't straight. Did you see all my new threads?

Diesldude
^^ Yeah good threads,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.