STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX
Ull XII

Krylor- you are on-board the Ravenous, the modified slave ship flown by your ally, Bryn Koll. After a long flight through the Outer Rim, your mentor Tiglath ordered Bryn to put the ship down here, on Ull XII.

The gas giant Ull has over thirty moons, most of which are inhabited by unimportant colonies that specialize in the production of certain goods. For example, Ull V has an arms production factory, where as Ull XXVI has bountiful farmland.

For anyone not interested and just passing through, you want Ull XII. It is a pit stop for spacers moving through the system. Bryn is outside getting the ship refueled when your comlink beeps.

Samurai4Hire
I respond to the comlink "Krylor, Who hails?"

REXXXX
It is Tiglath Pulsar, your mentor. He went off the ship to explore the area and told you to wait here.

"Krylor," Pulsar says. "I've found something that we might be interested in, here on this gods-forsaken moon."

Samurai4Hire
"im on my way. I hope this is more lucretive than the last graft we tried. where are you" Krylor said as he clipped his gun belt on in preperation for the venture into the new unexplored Civ of Ull XII.

I head out of the ship

REXXXX
When you step out of the ship, you find that Pulsar has returned to the docking bay. He is a middle-aged man with graying hair and a pencil-thin goatee, wearing his nicest outfit. He rather prominently has his pistol strapped to his left hip; his lightsaber is hidden in his gambler's vest.

"Right here," he responds, putting away the comlink as you step down the ramp. "And oh, this certainly will be."

He smiles.

"How competitive do you feel you are as a person, Krylor?"

Samurai4Hire
" I dont compete as much as winn . Competition denotes the chance of loseing. I dont lose.What do you have in mind? Are the stakes High?"

Krylor said with a smug cockyness he had aqcuired over the years. Feeling out the Strangers intentions.

REXXXX
Pulsar is no stranger! This man has trained you!

"That's the spirit, my boy!" Pulsar laughs, slapping you on the back. "Well then, no doubt you'll be interested in the Great Competition of Ull XII! I've been asking around, there are very expensive prizes for us to win, here. And you're going to win them all because you are the best! Am I right or am I right?"

Pulsar has that familiar gleam in his eye- money can be made here.

Samurai4Hire
I thought the Gray haird guy was talking to me.

"So what do I have to do? Lets go make some money" Krylor said as he put on his Mandelore Helm

REXXXX
That would be Pulsar. Being your mentor, he is a bit older than yourself and has seen more of the Galaxy. Otherwise you probably would not want to be learning from him any longer.

Pulsar smirks as you put the helmet.

"Oh, that silly thing," Pulsar says, tapping the helmet. "Anyway, we just need to get you signed into the Competition as one of the competitors! There is just one little thing, though..."

Samurai4Hire
"Whats that" Krylor said erked at the sarcasm towards his wearing of the helm ~this is the hardest combat trophy i ever won~

REXXXX
"Nobody can know what we are," Pulsar says. "They're not going to take too kindly to Dark Jedi cheating their way through the Competition."

Samurai4Hire
"yea I get it. Dont worry you know ill play along just make sure i get my fair share "

He said jokingly but with a hint of seriousness to it. Tiglath has skimed a little extra for himself before but what do you expect from a Dark Jedi. After all he did find us this gig.
"So where are the chumps now? WHats the GAME" he said with anticipation

REXXXX
"That's what we're going to find out," Pulsar says, leading you out of the docking bay and into the busy streets. The streets are crowded with joyous people dancing about and drinking and such, with banners and streamers and ribbons strewn all over the place. It takes you some time, but eventually you reach the high walls that separate the Great Competition's grounds from the rest of the city.

The entrance is a high archway that people are moving through slowly, being checked in to the Competition. A hologram displaying numbers indicates that they are nearing their limit of competitors for the day...

Samurai4Hire
"It doesnt look like we are going to make it" Krylor said with a sense of anxiety. "I hope you have something up your sleeve to grant me a slot. But Im sure you have it set" He said with a shigrin at Tiglath.

Krylor was not realy woried. His longtime mentor ,despite being a Dark Jedi, has never let him down. Krylors look sudenly gets more serious when he says " How much is involved here? I need a new heavy blaster. That last Jedi We dispatched damaged it when he force pulled it out of my holster and slung 200' into the wall"

~That S.O.B.~ he thought to himself ~ I got that blaster from Zulla the Hutt for killing his rival for the Grekus trade route. Zulla wanted exclusive access and Verik Solon the top supplier of Zxeen spice wanted no part of giving that route up,even though he had inumerable routes. That was a very hard job to infiltrate, gain the trust and finaly get close enough to assassinate him and escape. For my work Zulla gave me a choice of Coriscant curency or the Heavy Blaster that had a madule in it that allowed for rapid recharge for Full auto laser fire. It was an awesome weapon to fire. It struck fear in anyone who saw it fire. I would never give it up and need to repair wich will be very costly~

:::I just felt like i needed to write that. It was just fun::::

REXXXX
Always good to know some of Krylor's past adventures!

I take it that Krylor uses heavy blaster pistols, then?

"What, you're just going to let people stand in front of you?" Pulsar asks. "What kind of student have I trained? TAKE a spot in line if you really want this!"

Samurai4Hire
With that being said Krylor walked up tp the front of the line and said to the being standing there "Thank you for holding my spot you can go now"

:::Useing force to impose my will:::

REXXXX
Okay, so Krylor is going to cut in line!

This will be an Intimidation skill check as Krylor acts imposing. He has a Charisma of 4 and an Intimidation skill of 3. So all together, you have 7 dice to roll to scare someone into giving you their spot.

Were you going to take my recommendation to buy Presence instead of the Leadership Mastery, since you can't use that yet?

Samurai4Hire
Yes I changed it on character sheet

REXXXX
In that case, Presence provides +3 dice to your roll, for a total of 10 dice! What you want to roll are 5s and 6s; they count as successes. The more you get, the better you did.

You roll four successes. The man you decide to scare decides he doesn't want to find out what will happen if you don't get your way. You move way ahead in the line.

"That's more like it!" Pulsar says, patting you on the back and sliding into line next to you.

The entrance itself is commanded by a man in uniform- an official from the Competition- and a couple of armed thugs.

"Name, please?" asks the official.

Samurai4Hire
Awesome this is cool. but how did Intimidate and charisma come to play?

"Krylor" Ihe said impatirntly, holding his hand out for the intry ballot.

REXXXX
I'll explain.

When you want to get something important done, you usually use a skill to do it. In this case, you wanted to bully your way to the front of the line. The proper skill for bullying would be Intimidation (in which you have a skill of 3). Skills then combine with an appropriate stat. For bullying, you are using your presence and personality, so Charisma (in which you have a 4) works just fine.

And then, of course, the power Presence giving you a stronger presence thanks to the Force.

Does that make sense?

Additionally, this system focuses more on the movies' depiction of the Force being a subtle tool rather than something flashy, used in moments of importance. Especially since you are not an all-powerful Sith Lord.

-

"Stand still," says the official. One of the thugs comes forward with a scanner and starts waving it around you. The same happens to Pulsar.

Samurai4Hire
"what are you doing" Krylor asked unsetled at being scanned.

REXXXX
"Checking for weapons," says the official.

"You don't need to check for weapons," Tiglath says, waving his hand at the official.

"I..." says the official, suddenly confused. "I don't need to check for weapons. Stop the scan."

The thug looks puzzled, but does as he's told.

Samurai4Hire
:::you have to give me more to work with sometimesplease Sir::::

Turning to Tiglath Krylor says "Do you have a clue as to what we stand to make on this and will i have to kill anybody?" he said with a smirk. He ,of course, was no strangwer to killing and if he had the slitest excuse he would..... accept for children; Krylor still had a sense of honor even being on the Dark side and there was no honor in killing a helpless welp. Krylor continued "You know i need an expensive repair for my XD 40 heavy repeator blaster and its been a while since i have thrown any bones Bryns way" he said turning back to see what was going on with getting in this event.

REXXXX
The official waves you through with a Competition passport- a small red data-card with your information that you need to present whenever you enter a Competition.

"Thousands of credits," Tiglath says. "And certainly! We'll get your blaster repaired, we'll pay off Bryn, we'll do whatever you like with the winnings! So long as you MAKE winnings, that is. It's all up to you how much we make.

"And no, I don't think killing anyone will be necessary," Tiglath says, shaking his head. "But we'll see. That could always change at any moment. Never forget that. If we're found out, we'll probably have to carve our way out of here, if you know what I mean."

-

Out of curiosity, what sorts of weapons does Krylor carry on his person? Having Both Guns Blazing and Twin Weapons, I imagine he likes to have two of everything.

Samurai4Hire
Yes i would think 2 pistols and 2 light sabers what else can i have?

REXXXX
Melee weapons, like swords or knives or axes.

For the pistols, did you want them to be Light or Heavy? When paired with Both Guns Blazing, both types do high damage, but Light pistols get a +3 dice bonus.

And what color are your sabers?

Samurai4Hire
if light pistols get a +3 whats the advantage of heavy pistols? LS are red

REXXXX
Higher damage. With Both Guns Blazing, it may simply be a matter of style.

Samurai4Hire
so lets see....would Han Solo and Jango Fett both have light blasters? because thats the sort im talking about

REXXXX
Jango does use light pistols! But Han Solo uses a heavy blaster.

Samurai4Hire
Cool then I have Heavy Blasters and wrist harpoon thing like the Fetts...... so lets get back to the game

REXXXX
Afraid that's a no-go on the wrist harpoon. As far as the Rules are concerned, those fall under Devices, things that must be bought with xp.

But Heavy Pistols it is!

-

Having been waved through with your passes, you enter the Main Walk! It is a great pathway through the center of the Competition grounds where there a great many festive booths and a lot of people milling about.

There are also signs pointing you toward different areas:

GUN GAMES

MELEE COMPETITIONS

PHYSICAL TRIALS

KNOWLEDGE CHALLENGES

Samurai4Hire
Krylor noticing the event signs decides to go towards knowledge chalenge

~I guess i need to get the hard one out of the way first. Im going to have to BS my way through this~ He thought hoping it would just be easy stuff like shooting or fighting.

"Tiglath Im going to the Q&A part first. You better have a way to feed me the answers i dont know, we cant Force Will the intire Stadium" Krylor says lifting up his Data card to go through.

REXXXX
"Um, I'm not sure I do..." Tiglath says.

The Knowledge Challenges are actually a single event, but apparently a very large one! There is a tremendous stage set up that has drawn quite an audience as people wait for the show to begin.

There is a booth where interested contestants sign up, so you go there. A short man in a green suit is taking applications.

"Think you have brains enough to do this?" he asks, smiling widely.

REXXXX
Meanwhile, elsewhere...

The New Beginning

It has been a few months since your fall to the Dark Side, Xavier. While the deeds you committed to attain that status hang heavy over your head... you have never felt stronger in your life. The Force flows through you more easily as darker emotions feed its power.

You have received some coaching from Xorn Elias- the Dark Jedi that follows you around. Mostly you have figured it out for yourself. There is some disappointment in that you have not gained any newfound abilities. Nor are you comfortable unleashing your emotions, yet.

That voice in your head certainly wishes you would.

Today, you are going nowhere in particular. The New Beginning is in need of fuel; you haven't docked anywhere recently as you are trying to avoid any port where you might be recognized. Your knowledge of the Outer Rim is limited, as is Xorn's, as is Trax's. Trax was not well-traveled, and your experience is largely limited to the Republic. You don't dare step back into it. Not yet.

You are aboard your ship, relaxing.

Newjak
Xavier sits in his room trying to meditate. He has been trying to hold unto the last remnants of his Jedi ways.

It is a fool's errand Xavier you are fallen and you must learn to accept this

"Not yet," Xavier coldly says in reply.

Not finding peace in the comfort of his room he goes and talks to Trax.

"How is it going my friend?" Xavier asks in a calm voice.

REXXXX
Trax is in the engine room. He looks up from a series of coolant pipes when you enter, wearing a pair of protective goggles. The circular goggles look funny on his green, pruned face.

"Hello Xavier," he says curtly.

Newjak
"How's everything looking here," Xavier says while looking over some panels.

REXXXX
"Fine," Trax says, looking back at his handiwork. He is replacing a broken pipe.

Newjak
Xavier goes over and also inspects Trax's work.

I don't know why you pretend things are normal. YOu did just kill your beloved Master not too long ago.

REXXXX
"Did you need something?" Trax asks.

Newjak
Xavier is still reluctant to tell anyone he doesn't like being alone cause of the extra voice in his head.

"I'm having a hard time meditating so I wanted to check in on things. It looks like we might be needing a place to land soon and resupply?"

REXXXX
"It looks that way, yeah," Trax says. "We're running low on fuel and perishables. We can survive on canned goods but we can't run a ship on it. And we need a lot of fuel for a ship of this size."

Newjak
"Do you know any place close by we could head to?" Xavier asks.

REXXXX
Trax shrugs at you and continues working on the pipe.

Newjak
Xavier goes to the pilot's chair and begins looking for possible planets nearby that they could refuel and resupply at.

Shitting in the chair he can still hear his master's voice echoing in mind.

REXXXX
This part of space appears to be generally inhospitable, Xavier. Most of the planets are lifeless rocks or worlds with harsh environments where nobody dare dwell. You won't find fuel there.

Xorn joins you on the bridge shortly, waking from a nap.

"Still haven't found where we should call in to port, have you?" Xorn asks snidely.

Newjak
Xavier takes a deep breath. He would rather kill Xorn as Xavier remembers that fight on the junk planet.

Being around him reminds of nothing but his failures.

Kill him and be done with Xavier. His lightsaber and pistols would make a fine addition to our growing collection!

Xavier resists his dark urges.

"No I haven't found anything yet, but we will have to find a place soon."

REXXXX
"That we do," Xorn says. "But we can't call in just anywhere. We need to make sure it has the supplies we need. And we need to make sure we aren't going to be shot on sight. We're wanted men. After that stunt on Zrik, the Jedi Order has likely put a death sentence on our heads. Don't you think?"

Newjak
Xavier takes time to remember that holding cell for the Dark Jedi, and briefly shutters at the thought of it.

"Or worse," Xavier replies returning to his calm demeanor.
KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM

Xavier is still growing accustomed to the voice in his head. He shakes it off.

"We are going to have to find a place in the Outer Rims obviously."

Rexx can Xavier try and pick up some transmissions from nearby worlds and see if there is anything he can use to determine a good spot?

REXXXX
Scanning local transmissions? Sure! You'll only be picking up public signals that are strong enough to be detected in space.

There are quite a few of them, but one in general appears to be the strongest.

Newjak
Xavier listens closely to that one hoping it will give them something to work off of.

REXXXX
The signal is coming from the Ull system! The Ull system is a collection of planets- helpfully labeled as Ull I, Ull II, etcetera- circling a pair of stars. The binary system has dozens and dozens of planets, but not all support life.

There appears to be a competition being held on Ull XII, as the message goes. It does not tell much else aside from expensive prizes to be won and thousands of competitors!

Newjak
A change to add to our collection of items. We must partake in this. I MUST WIN THIS!

"Indeed and I can get much needed supplies," Xavier retorts before calling Trax and Xorn.

"We are heading to Ull XII. There is a chance to earn some much needed credits and resupply."

REXXXX
Xorn listens to the message.

"Ah, feeling competetive?" Xorn asks. "You think there is something we can gain from this?"

Newjak
"I feel this the best chance we've had come along so far to resupply and earn some much needed resources."

Xavier looks over to Trax, "We make haste for Ull XII"

REXXXX
Trax is still in the engine room. He hasn't been doing much piloting recently, preferring to let you practice.

Especially as he does not like Xorn whatsoever.

Ull XII is in the next system over. A jump to lightspeed will use what remains of your fuel.

Newjak
This had better be worth our time

"It will be," Xavier whispers to himself before turning on the comm unit. "Trax prepare a lightspeed jump. I've found a system for us to go to."

REXXXX
Trax does as you say.

"The hyperdrive is ready," Trax reports. "Punch it when you're ready."

Newjak
"And 3..2...1 and punching it," Xavier says as he pushes the ship into hyperspace.

REXXXX
The star streaks and you are away!

Shortly you arrive in the Ull system! Circling the binary stars are dozens of planets- quite the sight, even for someone who has been out in the Galaxy before. Some are simply enormous, while others are no larger than moons.

Ull XII is one of the medium-sized planets further out, beyond one of many dense asteroid fields.

Newjak
Xavier guides the ship towards the system and makes all the system checks Trax has taught him before attempting to make planetary dropdown.

"Here we go guys."

REXXXX
Ull XII is easy to reach; it is further away from the dense asteroid fields. However, it is absolutely swarming with starships. Fighters and freighters alike have entered orbit around the planet.

Newjak
Xavier tries to get in line with the ships and sees where he can make his decent and land big grin

REXXXX
There isn't really a line, per se. Ships are flying wherever they want to.

Newjak
Well in that case Xavier makes his journey down to the closest spaceport to the competition's location.

REXXXX
You are picking up a beacon meant to guide you down toward the landing zone. Yet there are too many ships flying about in a disorganized fashion! The closer you get, the more difficult things are.

In fact, you see two ships crash into each other in mid-air and spin out of control not far from you.

Newjak
Seeing that things are getting kind of tight Xavier will allow Trax to navigate us the rest of the way in. Pleased that he made this far big grin

REXXXX
Trax sighs.

"Can you really not land this thing?" Trax asks.

Newjak
Did he just sigh at us? Screw that it's time to show him what we can do

"We'll show you Trax," Xavier says while swings forward ready to land this again.

REXXXX
The difficulty is that you are not a talented enough pilot to maneuver through all the ships coming in. Some of the other pilots in their ships appear to feel the same way and are backing off, but not enough of them. Others- who are clearly natural pilots- are zipping through the traffic.

Newjak
Xavier is jealous of the pilots who can just zip around. He continues to head down towards the planet.

REXXXX
If you are simply flying down to the planet, you will be crashed into. The New Beginning is a bulk freighter and it will be very easy to smash into for anyone flying nearby.

Newjak
Fine Xavier won't go straight down he'll wait for the lanes to clear up a bit.

REXXXX
It's going to be awhile!

Newjak
I hate this. Is there anyway Xavier could contact someone to get an escort down, since he will be competing?

REXXXX
You can get in touch with flight control.

You are met with a cheerful message saying that flight control is closed in honor of the Great Competition! It is followed by an advertisement for the Great Competition, listing out all the prizes you can win and what you can compete in.

Newjak
Well Xavier will listen to the categories to see what would best fit him.

REXXXX
It lists a multitude of different competitions. It boils down to four categories:

GUN GAMES

MELEE MAYHEM

PHYSICAL TRIALS

KNOWLEDGE CHALLENGES

Newjak
Well I can already tell where Xavier is looking, Melee and physical trials big grin

I don't suppose Xavier could organize a group of pilots to gather around him and fly down in a mob to help discourage people from flying near them! stick out tongue

REXXXX
That will require a Leadership roll from Mr. Kolarn.

Newjak
Could I use Intimidation to force people to help me down instead?

REXXXX
Only if you are threatening to shoot them down.

Newjak
Ok Xavier will try a Leadership roll and see how it goes.

REXXXX
It would be helpful if Xavier had Leadership.

(That's more Galder's thing)

Without the skill, coordinating an effort like that would be hopeless.

"I can do it for you if you need me to," Trax says, frowning.

"The old prune can do something you can't," Xorn says. "That's sad."

"Hush, or you'll encourage him to do something stupid."

Newjak
How dare they talk to us like

"Very well Trax do your thing," Xavier says before adding. "Xorn mock us again and you'll become very acquainted with the cold of space."

REXXXX
"Good luck with that," Xorn says with a mocking smile.

Trax will take the controls! This is more his thing than yours, just as stabbing people with laser swords is more your thing than his. He guides the New Beginning down toward the planet, and pulls some maneuvers that would make you queasy... and then you have entered the atmosphere and are landing in a great open field where everyone is putting their ships down.

Newjak
We really hate Xorn

"Agreed," Xavier says through clutched teeth as Trax does his maneuvers down.

REXXXX
Trax finally settles the ship into the field, firing a warning shot to get people to clear away from the spot he's chosen. And he needs quite a large area for your freighter.

"This thing handles like a dead space slug," Trax complains as he puts the landing gear down and powers off the ship. "We're down, at least."

Newjak
"It handles well enough Trax it has gotten us out of some tight spots."

Xavier stands up from his seat. "Well let's go see what the outside looks like.

REXXXX
Outside, everyone in the landing field is trickling among the ships toward what appears to be a great walled city that you saw from space. As is often the case anywhere in the Outer Rim, there are all sorts of species and professions represented in the crowd around you... predominantly violent professions, though. Lots of gunslingers and sellswords and the like.

Newjak
this seems to be our kind of place

"You mean your kind of place," Xavier says. He will then go out and find where to register for the fight.

REXXXX
You follow the trickling crowd toward the urban center. You pass what must the starport, with its docking bays crammed full of a variety of ships and lights flashing warnings that there is nowhere to park.

Passing it, you enter the busy streets at the fringe of the city. The streets are crowded with joyous people dancing about and drinking and such, with banners and streamers and ribbons strewn all over the place. It takes you some time, but eventually you reach the high walls that separate the Great Competition's grounds from the rest of the city.

The entrance is a high archway that people are moving through slowly, being checked in to the Competition. A hologram displaying numbers indicates that they are nearing their limit of competitors for the day...

Newjak
Xavier looks over to Xorn, "We need to get past all of these people."

Xavier will start to break his way to the front of the line, using his Intimidation skill to good use.

"Everyone out of our way"

REXXXX
Rawr! Xavier pushes his way toward the front and tries to scare someone into giving up their spot for him and his "friends."

Due the physical nature of this situation, it will be Strength + Intimidation to shunt people out of the way and get no resistance.

You get four successes; that seems to do the trick. People step out of your way, not wanting to be thrown to the ground like some of the first people you bump into.

Xorn and Trax follow silently, with Xorn throwing out the occasional glare to anyone who appears to be thinking about challenging you.

This gets you toward the front and near the high archway.

Newjak
Xavier faintly hears his Master's scolding voice in his head. It becomes harder and harder to hear each passing day.

Master Cabas had never been one to shy away from using Intimidation if need be but not with such disregard for people.

This is a different time a different place, we have no choice Xavier. We need the supplies. Besides it's a chance to fight a chance to let everything you've been feeling out on somebody who probably deserves it.

Xavier continues forward, "Where do we sign up at?"

REXXXX
The entrance itself is commanded by a man in uniform- an official from the Competition- and a couple of mean-looking armed thugs.

"Name, please?" asks the official when you approach.

Newjak
"Vandom Darfur" Xavier answers still reluctant to give his real name out.

REXXXX
"Stand still," says the official. One of the thugs comes forward with a scanner and starts waving it around you. The same happens to Xorn and Trax once they give false names.

Newjak
"What are you doing?" Xavier inquires fighting back the urge to slice the thug in half.

REXXXX
"Scanning for weapons," states the official.

Newjak
Xavier is a bit annoyed about this, "What's the matter afraid someone might start the festivities early?"

REXXXX
"All weapons must be documented," the official states sharply. "Anything considered illegal will be confiscated or..."

"You don't need to scan for weapons," Xorn says, waving his hand in a subtle arc.

"I... but we..." the official protests.

"You don't need to scan for weapons!" Xorn says, more forcefully. "You have the information you need."

"I don't need to scan for weapons," the official repeats. "I have everything I need. Here are your cards. Go on through."

The official hands you a trio of red data-cards.

Newjak
Xavier looks over at Xorn, Xavier never devoted enough time to learn that subtle influences of Force like that. Even though it is helpful Xorn's use of the Force still only reminds Xavier of his failure at being a Jedi.

Xavier takes the card and without speaking moves forward.

REXXXX
The data-cards have your information on it; you will present them each time you compete.

"There was something wrong with that official," Xorn whispers as you walk away.

Newjak
Xavier looks over to Xorn, "What do you mean?"

REXXXX
"His mind had been tampered with already," Xorn says.

Newjak
Xavier nulls over the those words in mind.

"Do you sense anyone else?" Xavier asks opening his own senses up.

REXXXX
"No," Xorn says after a moment. "It certainly felt forced though. Not a passive suggestion, like a Jedi would do. More a command, like I just did."

"Another Dark Jedi?" Trax asks.

"Yep," Xorn says.

Newjak
Interesting, perhaps we can kill them and take their lightsaber for our own... yes that would be nice.

"We should identify them as soon as possible," Xavier says while continues to walk.

"I wonder if they are here for the same reason as us or something else?"

REXXXX
"I can't tell all that just because I read that guy's mind," Xorn says. "I'm not Master Yoda. Or an evil version of him. Whatever."

And so you are in the Great Competition! Behind the secure walls of the festival grounds are thousands of booths, and wide space for the melee arenas and shooting ranges.

Where will Xavier go first?

Newjak
"I was just thinking out loud," Xavier retorts. "Besides we would never mistake you for Master Yoda or close to him."

And of course he will head over to the Melee area big grin

REXXXX
The melee arenas are a massive area within the Competition grounds. Each event in the melee arenas is labeled with bold banners, and fenced off from each other by heavy wooden logs. The arenas themselves are nothing more than pits of mud.

Here are the Melee competitions.

SINGLE COMBAT

TEAMS

BRAWL

STRONGMAN

TERMINATOR

JOUST

DUEL

Newjak
What's Terminator,

And are Xorn and Trax still with him?

REXXXX
Yep! And you aren't sure.

Newjak
Xavier will go look at it to see what it is than!!!

REXXXX
You sign yourself up for Terminator, then! They accept your red data-card and put it into their system.

"Armor or no armor?" asks the official.

Newjak
"uh.." Xavier trails off.

Oh great what have you bumbled us into now

"Shut up," Xavier says to himself before answering the official. "No armor thank you."

REXXXX
"Suit yourself..."

They punch you in as NO ARMOR on the tracking board, on which there are only a few names. Apparently Terminator is not very popular to compete in.

You are now being led into the Terminator arena by another uniformed official. Once you step into the muddy area, the official leaves.

In front of you are a series of gates and trap doors. From them emerge ten men, armed with various implements.

"Kill them all before they kill you," the official says, locking the gate behind you.

Newjak
"Thank you for the advice," Xavier retorts with a hint of sarcasm.

Well this should be fun. Perhaps we can ask to kill themselves

"Oh be quiet I thought you like d a good fight." Xavier harshly conveys to his darker half.

Yeah but I'm not suicidal either

"JUST SHUT UP!"

With this Xavier will go for the closest kill he can.

Rexx are any of them wearing armor?

If not Xavier's load will be DW, MA, FE

If half of them are wearing armor it will be DW, FE, SF

REXXXX
None of them are armored. And none of them seem real excited about the fact that you are talking to yourself. They seem kind of scrawny, these opponents. They don't have the look of killers.

The official takes his place on a observation post just outside the wooden fences, in front of the gathered audience. He draws a pistol and fires one shot into the air to mark the beginning of the round!

You are two turns away.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 1

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C9): 2(1A)/0 (5F)

Gladiators x10 (C5) (melee weapons)

-----

Newjak
Xavier will advance forward hoping one them gets in range for him to attack if he can.

REXXXX
Initiative goes to you, so you advance! The gladiators stay firmly the hell away from you, bracing for your approach instead.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 2

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C9): 2(1A)/0 (5F)

-----

Newjak
Xavier stops, and looks them over and tries to Intimdation to get one them to charge him.

"IS THIS REALLY HOW YOU ARE GONNA FIGHT! Like COWARDS."

If none them approach Xavier will move forward and bash one of their teeth in.

REXXXX
Initiative is yours, Xavier, so you charge forward and deck a 'gladiator' full in the face, knocking loose some teeth and putting him flat on his back.

The others close in around you, prodding at you with their various weapons. Within moments, you are bloodied by nearly a dozen cuts as you are jabbed with spears and raked with crooked knives.

You take 20 damage.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 3

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C9): 2(1A)/20 (5F)

-----

Newjak
That's a lot more damage then I would expect from mooks stick out tongue

Xavier is not pleased with this and taps FE and MA this turn to take one of them down.

REXXXX
All nine of them hit you.

Initiative stays with you, and you gain ten successes with your taps.

Xavier excessively overkills one of the foes set against him, performing some excruciating nerve strike that Master Cabas taught you long ago that incapacitates your target, who dies screaming.

Those remaining continuing jabbing and scratching at you with their poorly-made melee weapons, for 17 damage between the eight of them.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 4

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C9): 2(1A)/37 MA FE DW] (5F)

Gladiators x8 (C5) (melee weapons)

-----

Newjak
Swap MA for SF,

attack another Gladiator.

REXXXX
Initiative goes against you now as the "gladiators" frantically stab at you, leaving you completely surrounded. This time they roll like garbage, still for 9 damage.

You just barely get the three successes needed to deck a gladiator, trading your refined Jedi martial arts for a straight punch to the jaw.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 5

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C7): 2(1A)/46 FE DW] MA] (5F)

Gladiators x7 (C5) (melee weapons)

-----

Newjak
Xavier will trade in FB for FE.

Launch another attack this turn at the Gladiators.

REXXXX
3-1, initiative is yours!

Sadly, one success is not enough to down anyone. The gladiator you sock takes a minor hit. He retaliates with two successes, the highest roll among the baddies this time; you take 13 damage total as the stabbing continues.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 6

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C7): 2(1A)/59 FE MA] (5F)

Gladiators x7* (C5) (melee weapons)

-----

Newjak
Tap Dodge and Weave this turn

Attack the injured Gladiator

REXXXX
3-2 means that Xavier plants another punch on the reeling gladiator... but again, he only shows a single success, meaning your target still isn't down.

The good news is that your Dodge & Weave tap means no damage comes in this turn.

-----

TERMINATOR (Round 1), Start of Turn 7

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C7): 2(1A)/59 DW] FE MA] (5F)

Gladiators x7** (C5) (melee weapons)

-----

Newjak
Swap out DW for AS and lay waste to the guy

REXXXX
Did you want to tap Street Fighting to get a reflexive attack on a second target (assuming you finally kill this one)?

Newjak
Yeah sounds good to me stick out tongue

REXXXX
1-6. Uh oh.

Xavier can have his retaliatory strike on the injured gladiator, suddenly bowling through him a reckless attack. But shortly after, Xavier is unceremoniously tripped by one of the gladiators. You go down hard and something sharp goes in your side! Another metal point jabs into your arm...

They are going to murder you, Xavier.

Newjak
How does Xavier manage to get himself into these situations, fing terminator.

MY TURN!!!!! the darker half of Xavier takes over, unleashing his twin lightsabers he begins to cut down as many of the gladiators as possible.

REXXXX
Would that you could! For all his rage, your other half still uses the same body, and that body has given out as it is cut again and again and again...

A gunshot rings out clearly as someone else takes the field, and the "gladiators" immediately scatter. It is the official that let you in, accompanied by Trax.

"The newcomer did not have the rules of Terminator explained to him thoroughly," the official announces. "Therefore, his life is spared."

The audience boos.

Newjak
This whole same body thing is lame stick out tongue

Xavier will let the two come get him and he will definitely make sure to get Trax something nice for the assistance.

REXXXX
Trax will help you up while the official shoos off the gladiators with a few gunshots into the air.

You sense that Trax is incredibly angry. Normally his mood is muted.

Newjak
"Why...are you...so..angry" Xavier asks while talking through the pain

REXXXX
Trax just squeezes your arm tighter as he drags you along. Eventually Xorn comes to his aid, stepping down from the audience.

"That wasn't very impressive," Xorn says to you. "Were you trying to tickle them one at a time?"

Together they are dragging you to what appears to be some sort of makeshift medical station, almost like a old-fashioned battlefield nurses' tent. Other competitors are up on gurneys, and there is much screaming and blood.

Newjak
"Kill...you...Xorn" is all Xavier manages to mutters while waiting for a place to lay down at. We'll be fine he thinks to himself.

Back to normal and ready to get revenge on those people.

REXXXX
The medic tent is really not the ideal place to fully heal; you can take off your Strength x 5 in damage, and then Trax can make a medical roll on you (doubled by limited supplies and the setting). It puts you at 33 damage.

Trax wordlessly tends to your stab wounds, and you can still sense his anger.

Newjak
Xavier will wait to get patched up and when he and Trax alone he is going to ask him what has got him so angered.

REXXXX
"Do you know who you were fighting?" Trax asks.

Newjak
"We...I did not. It was hectic out there I was just trying to survive." Xavier admits. "Who were they?"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>