Thor vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Thor

vs

Magneto

Fight takes place in Grand Central Station. The
fighters can travel anywhere in a 1 mile diameter of
the station i.e. into the city.
Who wins?

NemeBro
Well, Magneto has pretty kewl power over metal in the movies, but that does not really stop Thor from turning his head into a perfectly flat surface with Mjolnir.

Impediment
Unless Mjolnir's Uru metal body can be magnetized, then Mags is one dead Jew.

siriuswriter
Uh, is the hammer made of metal - or some other material?

NemeBro
It's made of Uru.

Some kinda Asgardian stone or metal, forget which.

Impediment
Uru is an Asgardian metal that has a stone-like appearance.

Robtard
Magneto crushes Thor in his armor, then goes home and has a snack. /thread

the ninjak
This is an interseting fight.

Mags will use everything in Grand Central Station's limits in the form of metal to envelope or rip Thor apart.

But Thor can blast the entire area around him and cause an inceasing wideburst effect.
Then throw his hammer directly at the movie slow Magneto.

Thor's hammer ain't metal it's Uru but the film only states that it was forged in the heart of a dying star. In the film it looks metal though. Which brings about the final question.

Is movie Mjolnir metal enough for Mags to repel it? because if he can then he will bind Thor in metal in no time. This early Thor anyway.
Asgardians in the film prove to have insane durability.
Thor especially.

Impediment
Uru is Asgardian metal that looks like stone.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Magneto crushes Thor in his armor, then goes home and has a snack. /thread Thor's armour is relatively thin, doubt it can crush him.

Thor throws Mjolnir at Magneto, popping his skull. 131

/thread

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Uru is Asgardian metal that looks like stone.

But only Thor (and Odin) can wield it, so it stands to reason that Magneto won't be able to move it with his magnetism.

Either way, still think Thor gets crushed in is armor before he can belt out some phrase.

Impediment
Thor can throw Mjolnir harder/faster than Mags can rip out metal work from the subway, and Thor can throw with deadly accuracy. Dead mutant.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thor's armour is relatively thin, doubt it can crush him.

Thor throws Mjolnir at Magneto, popping his skull. 131

/thread

So in you're mind he'll just rip out of the armor while Magneto is holding his ass in a vice? Not sure Thor has the feats for this?

Again, can't throw a hammer when you can't move yer arms.

Impediment
So in you're mind he'll just rip out of the armor while Magneto is holding his ass in a vice? Not sure Thor has the feats for this?

Again, can't throw a hammer when you can't move yer arms.

Thor is a god. I'm reasonably sure that his mega god strength will allow him to overwhelm/overcome magnetic fields to throw Mjolnir at Magneto's skull.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Thor is a god. I'm reasonably sure that his mega god strength will allow him to overwhelm/overcome magnetic fields to throw Mjolnir at Magneto's skull.

In the film he's literally not divine, Asgardians were more portrayed as a highly advanced race; why the ancient Norse viewed them as gods.

Either way, god or no, where in the film did he show enough strength to overcome Magneto's magnetism, which was strong enough to rip out and float a large section of the Golden Gate Bridge?

the ninjak
But Magneto isn't worthy to hold Mjolnir.

Would this enchantment effect Magneto's control as well?
Or will his power negate the enchantment.
Mags lifted the Golden Gate Bridge.
But I rate the Mjolnir's enchantment "heavier" in regards to someone trying to lift it.

In regards to his enchanted armor which Odin states as something along the lines of his heritage. You would imagine that it is heavily enchanted as well.

dadudemon
Gotta stick to movie feats.

Magneto wins. Thor appears to be very much human. His armor may give him more durability but we do not know because we don't see it tested very well compared to his human form.

BruceSkywalker
Thor dons the belt of strength and says "I say thee nay" as he crushes Mags..

lol

YoungGunna
Thor wins

Evilbigfoot
Being that Thor and Odin are the only ones capable of using Mjolnir as a weapon I can't see Magneto's fields having any effect on it. Magneto doesn't have Thor's "strength" nor divine glowy.

0mega Spawn
i haven't seen thor but i doubt he could mags in grand central station metal is gonna be coming from every possible direction

Zack Fair
He can always move the fight someplace else. Thor fought really smart in the movie. He wasn't his usual "MJOLNIR slugout" brick people are used to in comics. I doubt Magneto will be able to manipulate MJOLNIR and even if he does manage to do that Thor can simply summon it back. Thor's flight speed and that accuracy with MJOLNIR will be a pain in the ass for Magnus. If Magneto goes wild with metal all around Thor counters with a storm of his own.

Thor.

Darth Martin
Thor is FAR too fast for Erik.

keiththegreat
Thor

juggerman
Magneto stomps

FrothByte
Thor stomps. Odin's magic >>>> Magento's mutant powers... which means Magneto won't be able to control Mjolnir.

For the people saying Magneto can crush Thor in his armor or hurl metal into him or whatever... Thor took multiple shots from Hulk and was still fine, I don't think Mags can generate enough force in his magnetism to match Hulk's strength, not movie Mags anyway.

Besides, Thor has shown very high durability in the movies. Surviving as I said multiple shots from Hulk, a repulsor to the face, and pretty much bulletproof if we go by Loki's showings.

Magneto has human durability, old man frailty at that. Thor can probably survive crushing metal attacks by magneto, but Magneto can NOT survive a hit from Thor.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor stomps. Odin's magic >>>> Magento's mutant powers... which means Magneto won't be able to control Mjolnir.

For the people saying Magneto can crush Thor in his armor or hurl metal into him or whatever... Thor took multiple shots from Hulk and was still fine, I don't think Mags can generate enough force in his magnetism to match Hulk's strength, not movie Mags anyway.

Besides, Thor has shown very high durability in the movies. Surviving as I said multiple shots from Hulk, a repulsor to the face, and pretty much bulletproof if we go by Loki's showings.

Magneto has human durability, old man frailty at that. Thor can probably survive crushing metal attacks by magneto, but Magneto can NOT survive a hit from Thor.

At the most, Thor showed to be around Hulk's strength; this is giving him leeway, imo. But for the sake of argument, Thor is as strong as the Hulk.

Magneto ripped out and then carried the Golden Gate Bridge with his powers; that's absurdly superior anything Hulk (TIH & Avgrs) has shown. An excess of 150,000+ tons he can exert with his powers using metal as a medium, not counting the amount of force it would take to do the ripping in the first place.

Newjak
At the most, Thor showed to be around Hulk's strength; this is giving him leeway, imo. But for the sake of argument, Thor is as strong as the Hulk.

Magneto ripped out and then carried the Golden Gate Bridge with his powers; that's absurdly superior anything Hulk (TIH & Avgrs) has shown. An excess of 150,000 tons, not counting the amount of force it would take to do the ripping in the first place. Thor was strong enough to break the bi-frost bridge stick out tongue

ares834
Ok... And that means what exactly? Not sure why it's such a great feat of strength.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
Thor was strong enough to break the bi-frost bridge stick out tongue

While true, it took him several hits and he more caused it to explode from its own energies than him destroying it via blunt force. Like hitting/damaging a battery or bomb until it explodes. Also, you'd need to quantify how durable that bridge was, could just be as strong as very thick glass, ie what it appeared to be.

IMO, that scene shows his insane durability more than his strength. Though it doesn't make sense considering we later see him being harmed by what appears to be much less force than the BF exploding. Hulk's punch; Loki's dagger.

Lord Lucien
If Thor was doing this without his metal armor, I'd say he'd be able to smash Magneto's head in before any piece of debris could be sent his way. But with that armor on... he's dead.

Newjak
While true, it took him several hits and he more caused it to explode from its own energies than him destroying it via blunt force. Like hitting/damaging a battery or bomb until it explodes. Also, you'd need to quantify how durable that bridge was, could just be as strong as very thick glass, ie what it appeared to be.

IMO, that scene shows his insane durability more than his strength. Though it doesn't make sense considering we later see him being harmed by what appears to be much less force than the BF exploding. Hulk's punch; Loki's dagger. Hulk's punch only caused a minor nose bleed.

Loki's daggers are asgardian in nature so them harming Thor isn't a low showing imo.

BruceSkywalker
forgot about this thread, anyways, Thor hits Erik upside the head for the victory

ares834
Hulk's punch only caused a minor nose bleed.

So someone who can rip up a massive chunk of the Golden Gate Bridge should be able to pop Thor's head like a grape.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ares834
So someone who can rip up a massive chunk of the Golden Gate Bridge should be able to pop Thor's head like a grape.

Yes but if all Magneto is going to use is metal against Thor, and normal human made metal doesn't seem to be able to pierce Thor's skin, then all the metal that Magneto hurls at Thor will just bend over him.

Even trying to crush him with his armor, the metal is the weak link between Magneto's power and Thor's durability. It's going to be like trying to stab someone with styrofoam.

ares834
Are you really suggesting that Thor's armor is less durable than himself? And, BTW, it's possible to crush someone with styrofoam.

The_Tempest
Is Magneto's showing with the Golden Gate Bridge still the highest in the Marvel-verse?

Mindset
Did Magneto have shields in the movies that could block non metal items?

If not, Thor throws mjolnir through his face or fries him with lightning.

NemeBro

Magneto ripped out and then carried the Golden Gate Bridge with his powers; that's absurdly superior anything Hulk (TIH & Avgrs) has shown. An excess of 150,000+ tons he can exert with his powers using metal as a medium, not counting the amount of force it would take to do the ripping in the first place.

Thor's Jotunheim smash far outstrips anything Erik did.

As does the Leviathan PAUNCH really.

FrothByte
I think it still all boils down to durability. Thor can (arguably) withstand Magneto's attacks and launch counter attacks of his own. Magneto can NOT withstand a hit from Thor.

Movie Magneto did not demonstrate any capacity to make shields.

Newjak
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Is Magneto's showing with the Golden Gate Bridge still the highest in the Marvel-verse? Surfer might have the highest being able to drill the massive holes he did and then destroying the Galactus cloud.

Thor's Jotunheim Buster is better than Magento's Bridge feat by far though.

The_Tempest
Ah. I don't remember the Jotunheim Buster.

BlackZero30x
Thor.

I saw talk about "thor getting crushed in his armor" but in what X-men movie did magneto show he had the strength in power to manipulate thors armor?

juggerman
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Thor.

I saw talk about "thor getting crushed in his armor" but in what X-men movie did magneto show he had the strength in power to manipulate thors armor?

1. Ripping iron out of a man's bloodstream and then wreaking havoc with said iron.

2. Easily stopping dozens of bullets/missles fired at ridiculous speeds with crazy amounts of force behind them without damaging them at all. Then turning them around and firing them back like a badass.

3. Lifting the Golden Gate Bridge (which weighs thousands and thousands of tons). Which btw includes ripping it free which would require much greater force than just free lifting it. Then carrying it easily (while still focusing on keeping himself airborne) and plopping it, gently enough to not rattle his allies, at the prison.

I would think he could manipulate Thor's armor quite easily. It's the hammer that's the real question.

Newjak
I don't think Thor will be crushed by Magneto. He was shown to be extremely durable through his movie and the Avengers.

The only things that have shown to cause him any kind of damage is Hulk's punch which is strong enough to stop a giant flying armored monster, and Loki's Asgardian Knife.

Never mind he took a Frost Giant hand to the head which can break Asgardian Metal. He took Odin's staff blast to the chest.

He also survived that ridiculously high fall, or insane crash which ever way you want to look at it.

All without injury.

We also know Asgardian Metal is bullet proof.

But even if Magneto can restrain Thor in his armor. Thor can still summon his Tornados and Lightning to the area without having to move. He summoned that massive tornado against the destroyer without having to whirl his hammer about.

juggerman
I don't think Mags can "crush" Thor with his own armor i just believe he could manipulate it. And iirc Thor was spinning the Hammer when he made the tornado.

Loki's knife was Asgardian but it didn't seem enchanted or special in any way which leads me to believe that Magneto could rip off a piece of Thor's armor and stab him with it. He might even be able to hold Thor in place or something similar.

I agree that Thor really only needs one clean hit and Mags is down. I also agree that Magneto has a hard time putting Thor down. I just think if he fights smart and uses his power correctly he can win this more often than not.

Newjak
Originally posted by juggerman
I don't think Mags can "crush" Thor with his own armor i just believe he could manipulate it. And iirc Thor was spinning the Hammer when he made the tornado.

Loki's knife was Asgardian but it didn't seem enchanted or special in any way which leads me to believe that Magneto could rip off a piece of Thor's armor and stab him with it. He might even be able to hold Thor in place or something similar.

I agree that Thor really only needs one clean hit and Mags is down. I also agree that Magneto has a hard time putting Thor down. I just think if he fights smart and uses his power correctly he can win this more often than not. He wasn't spinning the hammer when the tornado started.

We see him flying up as the tornado begins to form so he wasn't swinging his hammer when the tornado was forming.

He swings his hammer to seemingly intensify it, that's all.

juggerman
Hmmmm interesting. That tornado would mess Mags up in that case

Newjak
Hmmmm interesting. That tornado would mess Mags up in that case That's the way I remember. You may want to double check it though stick out tongue

Edit: Just watched it on my phone yeah Thor was just starting to take off the ground when the tornado was forming. He didn't swing his hammer at all.

juggerman
I'll look it up tho after you explained it i got the "damn he's right" feeling laughing

The only way i see Mags taking this now is to go for the quick kill right as the bell rings. The tornado took a few seconds to start up and Thor probably wouldn't go for it right away. Mags would have to hold Thor in place right away (assuming Thor isn't strong enough to just power out) and then rip of a piece of his armor and send it thru his head Sebastian Shaw style.

Yup Magneto 10/10 thumb up

EDIT: He probably wouldn't even need to hold Thor. Just the armor rip and the lobotomy should suffice. big grin

Newjak
While it true Loki's Dagger managed to hurt Thor it was a superficial wound at best as we see Thor go on to fight an entire battle without seemingly slowing down. The only time we see him effected by it is when he stumbles a bit afterwards. So either he healed from it or didn't effect him greatly.

Secondly Loki's Dagger had to peirce through Thor's armor so either it was of higher quality than Thor's armor or Loki was doing something extra to it.

We did see in Thor that when Loki was throwing those things they seemed to have an energy surrounding them. They glowing with a blueish-greenish type color.

So simply breaking off Thor's armor and using it, assuming Magneto can do that, may not be a quick win either.

juggerman
While it true Loki's Dagger managed to hurt Thor it was a superficial wound at best as we see Thor go on to fight an entire battle without seemingly slowing down. The only time we see him effected by it is when he stumbles a bit afterwards. So either he healed from it or didn't effect him greatly.

Agreed

Well armor like that is usually for protection from "glancing" blows and/or debris. A direct stab from very close would not have to mean the dagger was of some better quality.

He also could have angled the blade between the plates of armor to insure damage was done. You could stab thru armor with a kitchen knife that way

That could have just been the color of them and the light and whatnot. I'm not saying they aren't special in some way but i just don't know

Just an idea..

Newjak
Agreed

Well armor like that is usually for protection from "glancing" blows and/or debris. A direct stab from very close would not have to mean the dagger was of some better quality.

He also could have angled the blade between the plates of armor to insure damage was done. You could stab thru armor with a kitchen knife that way

That could have just been the color of them and the light and whatnot. I'm not saying they aren't special in some way but i just don't know

Just an idea.. Nah they were distinctly show with energy surrounding them. It wasn't the color or the light.

They even left glowing wounds if I recall right.

juggerman
Nah they were distinctly show with energy surrounding them. It wasn't the color or the light.

They even left glowing wounds if I recall right.

That energy was just kinetic energy. Loki's power just makes it visible . Everybody knows that stick out tongue

He rips Thor's iron out of his blood. And then sends it all thru Thor's skull for good measure

Newjak
That energy was just kinetic energy. Loki's power just makes it visible . Everybody knows that stick out tongue

He rips Thor's iron out of his blood. And then sends it all thru Thor's skull for good measure Magneto was only able to do that feat because Mystique injected a ton of metal into the security guards body. Without that extra Magneto was never shown to be able to do that, assuming Thor has Iron in his blood.

juggerman
Magneto was only able to do that feat because Mystique injected a ton of metal into the security guards body. Without that extra Magneto was never shown to be able to do that, assuming Thor has Iron in his blood.

Yup and she got to Thor under the guise of Natalie Portman before this fight.

Even still a shard of Thor's armor thru his brain is a show stopper

BlackZero30x
1. Ripping iron out of a man's bloodstream and then wreaking havoc with said iron.

2. Easily stopping dozens of bullets/missles fired at ridiculous speeds with crazy amounts of force behind them without damaging them at all. Then turning them around and firing them back like a badass.

3. Lifting the Golden Gate Bridge (which weighs thousands and thousands of tons). Which btw includes ripping it free which would require much greater force than just free lifting it. Then carrying it easily (while still focusing on keeping himself airborne) and plopping it, gently enough to not rattle his allies, at the prison.

I would think he could manipulate Thor's armor quite easily. It's the hammer that's the real question.

thats all true but as I recall in the avengers IM shot him with 400% power and it literally didn't even singe his armor. It shows pretty high durability. I mean it's cool mags did the bridge thing(the only real thing he has done with power) but I am in disbelief he can effect Thors armor. Bending adamantium was probably his greatest feat in the movie imo.

Also I would like to point out that Magneto from First class is not the same magneto as the rest of the movies. First class is considered a reboot.

Newjak
thats all true but as I recall in the avengers IM shot him with 400% power and it literally didn't even singe his armor. It shows pretty high durability. I mean it's cool mags did the bridge thing(the only real thing he has done with power) but I am in disbelief he can effect Thors armor. Bending adamantium was probably his greatest feat in the movie imo.

Also I would like to point out that Magneto from First class is not the same magneto as the rest of the movies. First class is considered a reboot. When did Magneto bend Adamantium?

I remember when he was controlling Wolverine's body in the first movie he caused the claws to stretch at the joints but I wouldn't call that bending it.

BlackZero30x
iirc in the 1st movie. The bus scene. When he he has wolverine floating there he makes his claws go from straight to "pulling" off into slants. The right claw points at an angle off to the right and the left claw points off to the left at an angle. No bending to a degree where it curls around itself or anything like that.

Newjak
iirc in the 1st movie. The bus scene. When he he has wolverine floating there he makes his claws go from straight to "pulling" off into slants. The right claw points at an angle off to the right and the left claw points off to the left at an angle. No bending to a degree where it curls around itself or anything like that. That's the scene I was mentioning.

I don't know if that scene portrays Magneto bending Adamantium. Those claws are attached to something bendable otherwise his hands would become locked in place every time he draws them out yet we see he can move them around.

I think Magneto was just stretching the claws where they meet the stretchy part they connect to inside of Wolverine's hands.

Robtard
Thor's Jotunheim smash far outstrips anything Erik did.

As does the Leviathan PAUNCH really.

It terms of powerful attacks, probably yes, that wasn't the issue though. The issue was could Magneto hurt Thor using metal as a medium, he's shown the power to.

LoL, no. Magneto could have stopped and crushed every Leviathan ship (iirc, 7 total were shown) with a thought, considering they were partially made of metal and their combined mass is likely no where near that of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Robtard
That's the scene I was mentioning.

I don't know if that scene portrays Magneto bending Adamantium. Those claws are attached to something bendable otherwise his hands would become locked in place every time he draws them out yet we see he can move them around.

I think Magneto was just stretching the claws where they meet the stretchy part they connect to inside of Wolverine's hands.

You see him flex the claws and it causes Wolverine pain, as there's bone underneath. Considering how durable adamantium is, it shows the kind of control/force Magneto can exert over metals.

There is no "stretchy part", when we see the x-ray in X-Men, Logan's skeleton is completely covered with adamantium.

the ninjak
Comic Mags can control Adamantium anyways. No surprise the Movie version could.

Question is, is Thor's armor as enchanted as Mjolnir is?

juggerman
Originally posted by the ninjak
Comic Mags can control Adamantium anyways. No surprise the Movie version could.

Question is, is Thor's armor as enchanted as Mjolnir is?

Never been stated so we says no

Newjak
You see him flex the claws and it causes Wolverine pain, as there's bone underneath. Considering how durable adamantium is, it shows the kind of control/force Magneto can exert over metals.

There is no "stretchy part", when we see the x-ray in X-Men, Logan's skeleton is completely covered with adamantium. Yeah his skeleton, what connects a skeleton together tendons and ligaments aka 'stretching things'.

Think about it.

Something has to allow Wolverine to retract and extend his claws. Some muscle, tendons, something.

To me all Mags did was move the claws around in Wolverine's hands. He didn't bend the actual admantium itself, just move the claws which obviously can move around. That's what caused him pain.

Robtard
Yeah his skeleton, what connects a skeleton together tendons and ligaments aka 'stretching things'.

Think about it.

Something has to allow Wolverine to retract and extend his claws. Some muscle, tendons, something.

To me all Mags did was move the claws around in Wolverine's hands. He didn't bend the actual admantium itself, just move the claws which obviously can move around. That's what caused him pain.

You see Magneto flex the claws, which we saw in Origins were straight bone. He even comments "what a remarkable metal" while doing it.

Think about that.

Newjak
You see Magneto flex the claws, which we saw in Origins were straight bone. He even comments "what a remarkable metal" while doing it.

Think about that. I am and it no way changes what I said.

Flexing the claws, How does one flex claws?

All we saw is Magento holding Wolverine up and then he causes the claws to stretch outward.

Think about it.

In order for metal to bend it's has to bend at focal point. What was the focal point that Magento was bending them against.

We saw from the x-raw on Wolverine there isn't some solid Admantium base holding the claws in a fixed position. We also see that the claws are compacted when inside his forearms. Yet when he unsheathes them they naturally flair outward like this:

\|/ <-- out of forearms inside forearms |||

So they can move side to side otherwise Wolverine wouldn't be able to pop his claws if they stayed in one poistion or the other.

He also wouldn't be able to move his wrist at all if the claws base of the claws or where they attach to him weren't flexible somehow.

It's more reasonable he was simply causing the claws to stretch out even more causing Wolverine pain.

Also that's not what he says.

Magento says, "That remarkable metal doesn't run through your whole body does it?" or something like that.

Then he flings him backwards.

Robtard
I am and it no way changes what I said.

Flexing the claws, How does one flex claws?

All we saw is Magento holding Wolverine up and then he causes the claws to stretch outward.

Think about it.

In order for metal to bend it's has to bend at focal point. What was the focal point that Magento was bending them against.

We saw from the x-raw on Wolverine there isn't some solid Admantium base holding the claws in a fixed position. We also see that the claws are compacted when inside his forearms. Yet when he unsheathes them they naturally flair outward like this:

\|/ <-- out of forearms inside forearms |||

So they can move side to side otherwise Wolverine wouldn't be able to pop his claws if they stayed in one poistion or the other.

He also wouldn't be able to move his wrist at all if the claws base of the claws or where they attach to him weren't flexible somehow.

It's more reasonable he was simply causing the claws to stretch out even more causing Wolverine pain.

Also that's not what he says.

Magento says, "That remarkable metal doesn't run through your whole body does it?" or something like that.

Then he flings him backwards.

You can flex the blade of a knife without breaking or permanently altering it.

We see Magneto do the same.

Wolverine's adamantium would have been Magneto's "focal point".

Think about it.

Point was, he was commenting on the adamantium, which he was manipulating.

Considering we know Magneto in the comics can outright manipulate adamantium on a molecular level, it's silly to assume he's completely incapable of such a minor feat by comparison, as a little flexing, which we did see.

Newjak
You can flex the blade of a knife without breaking or permanently altering it.

We see Magneto do the same.

Wolverine's adamantium would have been Magneto's "focal point".

Think about it.

Point was, he was commenting on the adamantium, which he was manipulating.

Considering we know Magneto in the comics can outright manipulate adamantium on a molecular level, it's silly to assume he's completely incapable of such a minor feat by comparison, as a little flexing, which we did see. No offense but perhaps you should think about it.

Comic feats are not allowed for a movie character.

And I could see you point if we actually see the claws flex.

And no we don't see Magneto flex Wolverine's claws. The claws never bend in the middle. We just see the claws separate more than they normally do from each other.

Seriously think about.

When you get to the very beginning of the claw. There is something that is movable there. No matter which way you try to say it. There something that obviously allows the claws to move around. Otherwise his claws wouldn't spread out when they are unsheathed from his forearms.

All Magneto is doing is stretching them out further at that movable focal point. That's it there is no bending going on.

FrothByte
Just want to say that Loki's daggers, as far as we've seen in Thor the movie, are ALL enchanted daggers. I think it would be safe to assume that the dagger he stabbed Thor with was enchanted as well since we didn't exactly seem him draw the blade out but just seemed to be in his hand.

juggerman
So because he had the dagger at the ready means it was enchanted? You know how many times in movies people get stabbed/shot by weapons we never actually saw taken out?

EDIT: While we're at it we didn't see Elizabeth Swann actually grab the chain she handcuffed Jack Sparrow with in Dead Man's Chest. It just seemed to be in her hand. She's a witch!!!!

Newjak
So because he had the dagger at the ready means it was enchanted? You know how many times in movies people get stabbed/shot by weapons we never actually saw taken out?

EDIT: While we're at it we didn't see Elizabeth Swann actually grab the chain she handcuffed Jack Sparrow with in Dead Man's Chest. It just seemed to be in her hand. She's a witch!!!! He's saying that all of Loki's daggers were shown to be enchanted and powerful therefore the one he used was also.

Robtard
No offense but perhaps you should think about it.

Comic feats are not allowed for a movie character.

And I could see you point if we actually see the claws flex.

And no we don't see Magneto flex Wolverine's claws. The claws never bend in the middle. We just see the claws separate more than they normally do from each other.

Seriously think about.

When you get to the very beginning of the claw. There is something that is movable there. No matter which way you try to say it. There something that obviously allows the claws to move around. Otherwise his claws wouldn't spread out when they are unsheathed from his forearms.

All Magneto is doing is stretching them out further at that movable focal point. That's it there is no bending going on.

Obviously I'm not using comic feats, as Magneto has ripped out Logan's adamantium entirely and not some simple little flex.

I understand your angle saying that Magneto was flexing his tendons and didn't manipulate the adamantium claws at all, but again, that wouldn't make sense considering what we see Wolverine put his claws through. They would have ripped out in several scenarios through the films.

Think about that. Or are Wolverine's tendons super-duper insanely durable.

NemeBro
It terms of powerful attacks, probably yes, that wasn't the issue though. The issue was could Magneto hurt Thor using metal as a medium, he's shown the power to.

LoL, no. Magneto could have stopped and crushed every Leviathan ship (iirc, 7 total were shown) with a thought, considering they were partially made of metal and their combined mass is likely no where near that of the Golden Gate Bridge. Ah, but Thor and Hulk could take eachother's blows pretty well, giving Thor pretty gosh darn good durability.

Yeah... Magneto has never been portrayed as nearly that powerful in the movies. The Golden Gate Bridge feat was his best showing, and required his full effort and concentration to do. Also, the Leviathans were capable of sustained flight and Hulk had to stop their full momentum with that punch.

Also, fyi, the entirety of the Golden Gate Bridge's weight would be nearly nine hundred thousand tons. Magneto did not move all of that weight, but IIRC Thor and Hulk's strength have been quantified to be in the millions of tons in terms of strength.

Robtard
Ah, but Thor and Hulk could take eachother's blows pretty well, giving Thor pretty gosh darn good durability.

Yeah... Magneto has never been portrayed as nearly that powerful in the movies. The Golden Gate Bridge feat was his best showing, and required his full effort and concentration to do. Also, the Leviathans were capable of sustained flight and Hulk had to stop their full momentum with that punch.

Also, fyi, the entirety of the Golden Gate Bridge's weight would be nearly nine hundred thousand tons. Magneto did not move all of that weight, but IIRC Thor and Hulk's strength have been quantified to be in the millions of tons in terms of strength.

Not doubting Thor's durability.

He can fully concentrate on Thor here.

Golden Gate Bridge and pylons are said to be in the 150,000 ton range. Magneto tore it from the pylons (a feat of itself) while sustaining the bridge's weight and then carried the bridge and portion of the pylons. But if it's 900,000 tons, then it that's more impressive. Where was Hulk's/Thor's quantified to be in the millions of tons range? Because they would have caused a lot more damage if so.

Edit, you're right, the GGB is in the 900K ton range. Which means Thor is even more ****ed than previously thought. Source: http://goldengatebridge.org/research/factsGGBDesign.php

NemeBro
Fully concentrate on these.

*grabs crotch*

Newjak
Obviously I'm not using comic feats, as Magneto has ripped out Logan's adamantium entirely and not some simple little flex.

I understand your angle saying that Magneto was flexing his tendons and didn't manipulate the adamantium claws at all, but again, that wouldn't make sense considering what we see Wolverine put his claws through. They would have ripped out in several scenarios through the films.

Think about that. Or are Wolverine's tendons super-duper insanely durable. They are super sharp items that slice through everything.

It's give them better surface area pressure(if that makes sense) against other things.

I mean Wolverine can cut stuff without exerting any pressure at all and cause they cut things like butter they never have a ton of force exerted on them really.

Also Wolverine's tendons would be pretty strong considering also they would be constantly healing any damage done to them.

But think about this. Wolverine's entire body has endured some crazy attacks. We don't see him getting dislocated joints all the time, or losing limbs. So obviously something is holding him together that is both durable and flexible.

Lord Lucien
Fully concentrate on these.

*grabs crotch* EOOM4zRo0Dg

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
EOOM4zRo0Dg laughing out loud

Robtard
They are super sharp items that slice through everything.

It's give them better surface area pressure(if that makes sense) against other things.

I mean Wolverine can cut stuff without exerting any pressure at all and cause they cut things like butter they never have a ton of force exerted on them really.

Also Wolverine's tendons would be pretty strong considering also they would be constantly healing any damage done to them.

But think about this. Wolverine's entire body has endured some crazy attacks. We don't see him getting dislocated joints all the time, or losing limbs. So obviously something is holding him together that is both durable and flexible.

He cried like a little ***** when Sabretooth beat his ass in Origins, this was pre Adamantium.

Think about that.

Newjak
He cried like a little ***** when Sabretooth beat his ass in Origins, this was pre Adamantium.

Think about that. You mean when dropped logs on him no expression

As I said Wolverine is pretty durable something holds him together that is pretty tough. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if his bones were coated in Adamantium the joints wouldn't be strong enough to keep him from losing limbs.

Whether it is from the Admantium operation or not I don't care. The point is that Claws obviously move around and aren't fixated on something that is incapable of being moved.

Robtard
Point was, post adamantium, there was no ***** crying.

Adamantium hinges on his skeleton.

Mindset
Thor kills Mags with lightning 10/10.

Robtard
Thor needs to move Mjolnir to conjure lightning, just as he needs to swing Mjolnir in some fashion to fly.

He won't be able to move here at all. They'll be 600,000-800,000 tons of force against his armor and helm holding him in place and crushing him. He'll shit himself 10 out of 10 times.

Newjak
Thor needs to move Mjolnir to conjure lightning, just as he needs to swing Mjolnir in some fashion to fly.

He won't be able to move here at all. They'll be 600,000-800,000 tons of force against his armor and helm holding him in place and crushing him. He'll shit himself 10 out of 10 times. He can conjure a tornado, and technically he can remain airborne without using his Hammer to propel himself forward. As he did with the Destroyer he was flying while batting away the Destroyer's gazer beams stick out tongue

Robtard
He can conjure a tornado, and technically he can remain airborne without using his Hammer to propel himself forward. As he did with the Destroyer he was flying while batting away the Destroyer's gazer beams stick out tongue

The only thing he'll be conjuring will be a fart, just prior to shitting himself once Magneto begins to put on the pressure of hundreds of thousands of tons.

Also, iirc in Thor, he swung his hammer in a circular fashion while being at the center of it to get the tornado up to speed, before that is was little more than a mild wind.

ares834
He's saying that all of Loki's daggers were shown to be enchanted and powerful therefore the one he used was also.

Where are they shown to be enchanted? A clear picture would be nice.

Newjak
The only thing he'll be conjuring will be a fart, just prior to shitting himself once Magneto begins to put on the pressure of hundreds of thousands of tons.

Also, iirc in Thor, he swung his hammer in a circular fashion while being at the center of it to get the tornado up to speed, before that is was little more than a mild wind. You clearly see the funnel form before he gets away from the Destroyer. He used his hammer swing to intensify it yeah but than again it was the Destroyer and eric is just a frail old man.

Robtard
That early funnel won't do anything to Magneto, he's not THAT frail.

Thor is ****ed against someone like Magneto.

Newjak
IWzO3n50FEE

You can clearly see that the tornado grew big even before Thor reached the top of it to start swinging his hammer that debris was already getting swirled up into it.

Robtard
If Natalie Portman wasn't bothered too much, then a grown ass man with a helmet won't either.

Besides, I stand firmly on there being no tornado, only uncontrollable farts escaping Thor's ass while he's being crushed.

Newjak
If Natalie Portman wasn't bothered too much, then a grown ass man with a helmet won't either.

Besides, I stand firmly on there being no tornado, only uncontrollable farts escaping Thor's ass while he's being crushed. Yeah she was outside of it. Imagine that. Magneto won't be.

And I stand by my fact Thor is more than durable enough to take Eric's best while Mags doesn't have that luxury.

One Thor buster and it's all over, one lightning strike, one tornado, one hammer throw and that's all all folks.

Robtard
Yeah she was outside of it. Imagine that. Magneto won't be.

And I stand by my fact Thor is more than durable enough to take Eric's best while Mags doesn't have that luxury.

One Thor buster and it's all over, one lightning strike, one tornado, one hammer throw and that's all all folks.

And the Destroyer was at the eye of the tornado, which we know is far less volatile than the outskirts were Portman was. Imagine that. Early stages of Thor-tornado is nothing, unless you're a paper bag.

Thor's never shown the durability to withstand something like 800,000 tons of pressure/force.

Correct, Thor could easily one shot Magneto to hammer, lightning, fist or headbutt. He needs to be able to move first, he doesn't have that luxury here.

Mindset
And the Destroyer was at the eye of the tornado, which we know is far less volatile than the outskirts were Portman was. Imagine that. Early stages of Thor-tornado is nothing, unless you're a paper bag.

Thor's never shown the durability to withstand something like 800,000 tons of pressure/force.

Correct, Thor could easily one shot Magneto to hammer, lightning, fist or headbutt. He needs to be able to move first, he doesn't have that luxury here. How many tons of force would the explosion he was in cause?

I'm guessing 800,001.

juggerman
Well there were also several vehicles and people on the bridge so 800,001 tons should still be very do-able for the Master of Magnetism

DARTH POWER
Since Movie Magneto doesn't have shields and hasn't shown any kind of super reflexes or movement I have to give this to Thor 10/10.

But yes his manipulating of Thor's armour will cause him some trouble before Thor wins.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ares834
Where are they shown to be enchanted? A clear picture would be nice.

Watch the Thor movie, they seem to be all enchanted. Granted, it's not a proven thing, but there's more proof of them being enchanted than there is that they aren't. The knives appear at will in his hand, they are surrounded by a blue colored charge. They disappear when they hit their targets. Now in the Avengers movie, Loki's dagger didn't disappear after Thor took it out of himself, but then if Loki's capable of making enchanted daggers, why would he carry around normal daggers?

Thor's hammer is enchanted. Odin's spear is enchanted. Sif's spear seems to have some magical properties (elongating at will). Hogun's mace seems to develop spikes without any mechanical means. Loki's staff is magical or at least cosmic.

And then you're gonna tell me that it's not plausible that his daggers aren't enchanted/magical/cosmic in nature as well?

Like I said, it's not 100% proven, but if you follow logic and what we've seen of Loki during the two movies then it would be silly to assume that they don't have any magical/enchanted properties.

FrothByte
IWzO3n50FEE

You can clearly see that the tornado grew big even before Thor reached the top of it to start swinging his hammer that debris was already getting swirled up into it.

Actually after watching that vid I'm reminded that Thor's armor actually IS enchanted, movie version anyway. You see how he can call on his armor whenever he has the power of mjolnir and it just magically appears on him? Well, no normal armor can do that.

And even if Mags could control his armor, what's to stop Thor from willing his armor to disappear? The metal parts anyway. His armor looks mostly built of leather. So all he needs to do is will his arm scale mail away which will make him look like he mostly did in the avengers.

BruceSkywalker
im surprised this thread is still going sad

juggerman
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
im surprised this thread is still going sad

Me too. How can so many seriously doubt Magneto's POWAH!!!!!?????

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Actually after watching that vid I'm reminded that Thor's armor actually IS enchanted, movie version anyway. You see how he can call on his armor whenever he has the power of mjolnir and it just magically appears on him? Well, no normal armor can do that.

And even if Mags could control his armor, what's to stop Thor from willing his armor to disappear? The metal parts anyway. His armor looks mostly built of leather. So all he needs to do is will his arm scale mail away which will make him look like he mostly did in the avengers.

Thor's never willed his armor to disappear. He lost his armor after his father declared him not worthy of Mjolnir and he regained it when he became worthy again and reclaimed Mjolnir.

So if you're going with "Thor can make his armor magically disappear", then I'm adding 'by making himself not worthy and losing his powers.' Magneto stomps harder.

Newjak
Thor's never willed his armor to disappear. He lost his armor after his father declared him not worthy of Mjolnir and he regained it when he became worthy again and reclaimed Mjolnir.

So if you're going with "Thor can make his armor magically disappear", then I'm adding 'by making himself not worthy and losing his powers.' Magneto stomps harder. He did summon his armor in the Avengers stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
indeed he can summon it. Plus I have to know this but are we just assmueing his armor is magnetic here?

juggerman
He did summon his armor in the Avengers stick out tongue

He never Un-summoned it stick out tongue stick out tongue

juggerman
indeed he can summon it. Plus I have to know this but are we just assmueing his armor is magnetic here?

Actually Magneto was never stated to only be able to control magnetic metals. Just that he can control metal.

You're tryna nerf him and i won't let you! mad

BlackZero30x
lol no I really just was wondering if it was just an assumption or if I missed it somewhere in one of the movies.

EDIT: but the fact he can make it float and what not makes me think his power is based on magnetism. I mean if I had control over chairs it doesn't necessarily mean I can make them defy gravity.

Robtard
His power is stated as being magnetism.

BlackZero30x
ahh ok....so then we are assuming thors suit is magnetic?

Newjak
ahh ok....so then we are assuming thors suit is magnetic? There's no way to know for sure. There hasn't been a metal Mags hasn't been able to effect but Asgardian stuff is weird and enchanted so it's hard to say one way or the other for me.

I think for the shake of discussion we are just kind of going with a he can for now, cause obviously if Mags can't he's toast stick out tongue

Robtard
ahh ok....so then we are assuming thors suit is magnetic?

By all accounts it's metal. Unless something was stated in Thor or Avengers?

BlackZero30x
There's no way to know for sure. There hasn't been a metal Mags hasn't been able to effect but Asgardian stuff is weird and enchanted so it's hard to say one way or the other for me.

I think for the shake of discussion we are just kind of going with a he can for now, cause obviously if Mags can't he's toast stick out tongue Indeed. I can get on board with that.

By all accounts it's metal. Unless something was stated in Thor or Avengers?

Not all metals are magnetic.

Robtard

Not all metals are magnetic.

Obviously.

Magneto (like in the comics) is beyond just controlling ferrous or magnetic metals, we see him control silver and gold.

BlackZero30x
I don't remember him controlling silver. Could you tell me about this?

Robtard
X-Men: First Class.

He controls the silver coin several times.

He rips out the banker's gold crown/tooth.

BlackZero30x
X-Men: First Class.

He controls the silver coin several times.

He rips out the banker's gold crown/tooth.

you do know that first class is considered a reboot right? Thats not the same magneto

Robtard
you do know that first class is considered a reboot right? Thats not the same magneto

no expression

X-Men: First Class is a 2011 American superhero film, based on the X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The fifth installment in the X-Men series, the film was directed by Matthew Vaughn and produced by Bryan Singer, and acts as a prequel to the original X-Men trilogy.

BlackZero30x
no expression

X-Men: First Class is a 2011 American superhero film, based on the X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The fifth installment in the X-Men series, the film was directed by Matthew Vaughn and produced by Bryan Singer, and acts as a prequel to the original X-Men trilogy.

Ok well if it's not a reboot then it is a VERY loose on it's continuity. Not to mention its plans for the second film involving characters that are only students by the time the last 3 come into things. Not to mention the wolverine origins reboot coming and having the same guy play wolverine it would be easy to still connect him to it. Anyways This is either a terrible series with very low regaurd for continuity or a reboot.

Robtard
Agreed, there were several slip ups, but continuity errors won't save Thor here. He's being crushed.

BlackZero30x
but it's just more then slip ups. The 2nd film plans to have this team.

Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Rouge, Angle, Colossus, jubilee, and Shadowcat.

Not to mention in the original films Mags help build cerebro. That's how he knows how to build it in x2. According to First Class he most certainly did not help build it. I mean some of these things are full scale changes that would directly affect the plots.

anyways assuming that this is still the same magneto and that he can manipulate Thors armor The most damage he's going to do is hold him in place. Thats not going to stop Thors wrist from moving to either throw or summon with his hammer.

-Pr-
no expression

Whoever wrote that is an idiot. no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Whoever wrote that is an idiot. no expression

While that was from Wiki, iirc, Vaughn has said it's tied in.

BruceSkywalker
but it's just more then slip ups. The 2nd film plans to have this team.

Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Rouge, Angle, Colossus, jubilee, and Shadowcat.

Not to mention in the original films Mags help build cerebro. That's how he knows how to build it in x2. According to First Class he most certainly did not help build it. I mean some of these things are full scale changes that would directly affect the plots.

anyways assuming that this is still the same magneto and that he can manipulate Thors armor The most damage he's going to do is hold him in place. Thats not going to stop Thors wrist from moving to either throw or summon with his hammer.

Patrick Stewart might be in it as well

Robtard

So in your mind, Thor can output in excess the force it would take to rip out and carry the GGB?

Cos I can't recall him every showing anything close to that kind of strength.

BlackZero30x
in my mind magneto isn't even going to be able to bend his armor....

EDIT: not to mention he was taking hits from hulk. that should be more then enough proof after what he did to that leviathan....

Robtard
in my mind magneto isn't even going to be able to bend his armor....

EDIT: not to mention he was taking hits from hulk. that should be more then enough proof after what he did to that leviathan....

I'm not sure you're realizing that amount of force it would take to rip out and carry the Golden Gate Bridge. It's more than the Hulk has shown.

Newjak
I'm not sure you're realizing that amount of force it would take to rip out and carry the Golden Gate Bridge. It's more than the Hulk has shown. The Leviathon Armor was able to withstand an assault from Ironman, including those wrists lasers that cut those droids in IM2 in half.

I don't know how much force Ironman's armor can exert but I know it's quite a bit, and Hulk's punch was able to bend that same armor. So the Leviathan feat is pretty high.

I'm not sure it's on the same level as the Golden Gate Bridge feat but it's a pretty good one still.

Newjak
So in your mind, Thor can output in excess the force it would take to rip out and carry the GGB?

Cos I can't recall him every showing anything close to that kind of strength.
I think he meant Thor could still knock mags out if all he did was flick his wrist and toss his hammer at mags. Which is true stick out tongue

Mindship
I'm not sure you're realizing that amount of force it would take to rip out and carry the Golden Gate Bridge. It's more than the Hulk has shown. Indeed. That and pulling a submarine up out of the ocean; stopping and accurately reversing the flight path of scores of missiles...

These are possibly, by far, the most impressive power feats in the Marvel cinematic universe. The only thing I can think of at the moment that exceeds them comes from DC films: Superman lifting the edge of a continental plate to reverse an earthquake (Superman, 1978), and his lifting a whole, kryptonite-encrusted micro-continent (Superman Returns).

Movie Surfer taking out Galactus could be another candidate, but that's not as relatable (imo).

Movie Thor has got to perform on the scale of Superman and Surfer if he's to be considered Magneto's superior (feat-wise).

*Btw, Robtard, wouldn't Earth from far away look more like this ---> . Of course, really far away would make it look like this --->

Robtard
The Leviathon Armor was able to withstand an assault from Ironman, including those wrists lasers that cut those droids in IM2 in half.

I don't know how much force Ironman's armor can exert but I know it's quite a bit, and Hulk's punch was able to bend that same armor. So the Leviathan feat is pretty high.

I'm not sure it's on the same level as the Golden Gate Bridge feat but it's a pretty good one still.

Hulk's punching the leviathan and stopping it is superb, I don't think it's like ripping out and carrying the GGB though, it terms of power/force required.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindship
Indeed. That and pulling a submarine up out of the ocean; stopping and accurately reversing the flight path of scores of missiles...

These are possibly, by far, the most impressive power feats in the Marvel cinematic universe. The only thing I can think of at the moment that exceeds them comes from DC films: Superman lifting the edge of a continental plate to reverse an earthquake (Superman, 1978), and his lifting a whole, kryptonite-encrusted micro-continent (Superman Returns).

Movie Surfer taking out Galactus could be another candidate, but that's not as relatable (imo).

Movie Thor has got to perform on the scale of Superman and Surfer if he's to be considered Magneto's superior (feat-wise).

*Btw, Robtard, wouldn't Earth from far away look more like this ---> . Of course, really far away would make it look like this ---> Thor's Jottenheim Buster is by far better than any of Mags feats.

Plus Surfer was able to effortlessly drill through the planet, making whole big enough and wide enough to drain an entire river. I think that is also more impressive.

Newjak
Hulk's punching the leviathan and stopping it is superb, I don't think it's like ripping out and carrying the GGB though. My point was how powerful do you think IM's laser's are?

They couldn't even dent that armor. Hulk's punch managed to bend and rend that very same armor, and all that punch did to Thor was give him a very minor nosebleed.

juggerman
Thor's Jottenheim Buster is by far better than any of Mags feats.

Plus Surfer was able to effortlessly drill through the planet, making whole big enough and wide enough to drain an entire river. I think that is also more impressive.

Did we ever actually see him drill? It's been awhile but i don't recall it ever showing exactly how he made those holes

Robtard
My point was how powerful do you think IM's laser's are?

They couldn't even dent that armor. Hulk's punch managed to bend and rend that very same armor, and all that punch did to Thor was give him a very minor nosebleed.

They can easily cut and weld metal, iirc. So strong.

I'm not arguing that Hulk isn't immensely strong or that Thor isn't immensely strong and durable, they are.. I'm arguing that nothing Thor has shown dictates he could out power a force powerful enough to rip out and carry the GGB.

In your mind, could Thor rip out and carry the GGB? For the sake of argument, the bridge wouldn't break apart.

juggerman
They can cut and weld metal, iirc.

I'm not arguing that Hulk isn't immensely strong or that Thor isn't immensely strong and durable, they are.. I'm arguing that nothing Thor has shown dictates he could our power a force powerful enough to rip our and carry the GGB.

In your mind, could Thor rip out and carry the GGB? For the sake of argument, the bridge wouldn't break apart.

Plus several additional tons due to multiple vehicles and people being on said bridge

Mindship
Thor's Jottenheim Buster is by far better than any of Mags feats. H'm. I'd forgotten how that went so I youtubed it. Yeah, that is pretty impressive, so much so it was one of the complaints I had about the Thor film: seemed like Thor's best showings were done too early in the movie, and we haven't seen anything like it since. We need to see more of Thor operating on this scale, minimally.

Plus Surfer was able to effortlessly drill through the planet, making whole big enough and wide enough to drain an entire river. I think that is also more impressive. For some reason, that feat just doesn't do it for me, but yeah, I can see your point.

Newjak
Did we ever actually see him drill? It's been awhile but i don't recall it ever showing exactly how he made those holes I think we do see him do it once but I'm not certain.

All we really know is he did them under his own power, and did them incredibly quickly. So it doesn't matter how he did them, since it was with his own power. The point is he had the power to do them which is better than what Mags has done.

They can easily cut and weld metal, iirc. So strong.

I'm not arguing that Hulk isn't immensely strong or that Thor isn't immensely strong and durable, they are.. I'm arguing that nothing Thor has shown dictates he could our power a force powerful enough to rip out and carry the GGB.

In your mind, could Thor rip out and carry the GGB? For the sake of argument, the bridge wouldn't break apart. No your point at one time was that Mags was gonna crush Thor like a grape which considering how durable Thor is won't happen.

Mags may very well be able to hold Thor still, if Thor's armor is able to be controlled by Mags to begin with, but he won't crush him. Thor has already survived some crazy powerful things.

Blackzero also raises a good point in that Thor will still be able to move is wrists around and could therefore still summon lightning to shoot at mags or throw his hammer at mags.

As to your question I think Thor could via flight produce the same outcome Mags did with GGB if it didn't break apart. Although I'd admit you probably won't find a feat to back that claim up, but Mags definitely isn't crushing Thor.

Robtard

No your point at one time was that Mags was gonna crush Thor like a grape which considering how durable Thor is won't happen.

Mags may very well be able to hold Thor still, if Thor's armor is able to be controlled by Mags to begin with, but he won't crush him. Thor has already survived some crazy powerful things.

Blackzero also raises a good point in that Thor will still be able to move is wrists around and could therefore still summon lightning to shoot at mags or throw his hammer at mags.

As to your question I think Thor could via flight produce the same outcome Mags did with GGB if it didn't break apart. Although I'd admit you probably won't find a feat to back that claim up, but Mags definitely isn't crushing Thor.

My point is that Thor will both he held like a statue and crushed. It's never changed.

Thor's bleeding from Hulk's punch and being say an excess of 800,000 tons of force will **** him up. Why was he so desperate to escape the falling cell if he could tank it?

Thor's armor extents to his wrist.

Thor's not shown the strength to do what Magneto did to the GGB.

BlackZero30x
I'm not sure you're realizing that amount of force it would take to rip out and carry the Golden Gate Bridge. It's more than the Hulk has shown. So hulk punching (from a standstill) the leviathan causing it to halt in its tracks is not a great strength feat? News to me.

EDIT: but even if what you are saying is true. Lets say Thor could get crushed like this. You are saying Magneto is going to resort to an attack that took his full power and consecration right off the bat? It would only take thor one punch and metal being flung at him isn't even gonna slow him down.

I think he meant Thor could still knock mags out if all he did was flick his wrist and toss his hammer at mags. Which is true stick out tongue

Indeed it tis what I meant.

Newjak
My point is that Thor will both he held like a statue and crushed. It's never changed. And I say he won't be crushed because he has already taken

Punch's from Hulk, The Bi-Frost Explosion, crashed in the ground at incredible speeds. Survived the touch of a frost giant which can shatter Asgardian armor.

Survived being blasted by Odin's spear.

He isn't being crushed.

Mindship
Movie Thor isn't being crushed. But he better not fight like a brick if he intends to win. I could see Magneto launching a multidirectional attack combined with sheer power, which Thor would need Mjolnir to counter, lest he eventually be worn down.

FrothByte
From all the arguments given, it seems that Mag's only chance at this is IF he can hold Thor in his armor. What if the armor that Thor wears is the sleeveless one he wore in The Avengers? What then? Thor's costume is mostly composed of boiled/stiff leather.

What happens if Thor just rips his shirt off when Mags starts controlling him? Remember that Thor is very strong, and although I do think Mag's can exert more magnetic force than Thor can via physical force, Mags is still going to have to fight for it.

Like I said before, I'm giving this to Thor on the simple fact that Thor has a chance of fighting back and surviving Mag's most powerful attacks... whereas Mag's has no way of surviving Thor's attacks. The whole strategy of Mag's would fall on whether or not he can manipulate whatever metal is in Thor's armor to stop and maybe crush him.

BlackZero30x
even if mags holds him in place Thor can still flick his wrist with enough force to throw the hammer for a KO.

Robtard
So hulk punching (from a standstill) the leviathan causing it to halt in its tracks is not a great strength feat? News to me.

EDIT: but even if what you are saying is true. Lets say Thor could get crushed like this. You are saying Magneto is going to resort to an attack that took his full power and consecration right off the bat? It would only take thor one punch and metal being flung at him isn't even gonna slow him down.

In your mind, could Hulk rip out and carry the GGB? For the sake of argument, the bridge wouldn't break apart.

He's facing Thor and he's shown not to be a moron, of course he'd first try to lock Thor down instead of flinging some bit of metal at him.

Mindset
Thor hits him with lightning 10/10.

Robtard
Nope.

BlackZero30x
In your mind, could Hulk rip out and carry the GGB? For the sake of argument, the bridge wouldn't break apart.

He's facing Thor and he's shown not to be a moron, of course he'd first try to lock Thor down instead of flinging some bit of metal at him.

In my mind yes and no.

Kind of like sheet cake. Of course I can pick it up one handed no problem but that doesn't mean it wont collapse because my hand isn't big enough to support the structure. The leviathan was huge and moving towards him. Hulk punched from a standstill and was only pushed back 6-7 feet at the most. Anyways even if im wrong it wont matter. Thor can still throw his hammer and or summon lighting to hit mags also. See idk if you are trying to say thor would be crushed instantaneously or what not but he wouldn't. Even if magneto could squeeze him till he's juiced he would not be able to just be like "crush" its over. As much effort as he would have to put into it he would be KO'ed before he really did that much damage.

EDIT: also your telling me magneto is going to see some guy with a hammer that calls himself thor and just be like "ok I accept you are a Norris God and I need to end it immediately"?

Mindset
Nope. 11/10

Robtard
In my mind yes and no.

Kind of like sheet cake. Of course I can pick it up one handed no problem but that doesn't mean it wont collapse because my hand isn't big enough to support the structure. The leviathan was huge and moving towards him. Hulk punched from a standstill and was only pushed back 6-7 feet at the most. Anyways even if im wrong it wont matter. Thor can still throw his hammer and or summon lighting to hit mags also. See idk if you are trying to say thor would be crushed instantaneously or what not but he wouldn't. Even if magneto could squeeze him till he's juiced he would not be able to just be like "crush" its over. As much effort as he would have to put into it he would be KO'ed before he really did that much damage.

EDIT: also your telling me magneto is going to see some guy with a hammer that calls himself thor and just be like "ok I accept you are a Norris God and I need to end it immediately"?

Why I said "the bridge won't break apart".

You people are crazy thinking Thor and Hulk have shown the strength to rip out and carry the GGB. Crazy mother****ers I say.

To your edit: Per the MVF rules, unless otherwise dictated, the players are basic knowledge of each other. So Magneto would know Thor's a powerhouse and can shoot lightning with his hammer.

BlackZero30x
I miss read it when I first posted. I thought it said "In your mind, could Hulk rip out and carry the GGB? and the bridge wouldn't break apart?"

Then upon re-reading I noticed my mistake. I figured you would get my point though.

anyways like I said before.....even if I submit and say he would "juice" Thor how would it hinder his wrist movement? As long as he can move his wrists he can still throw and most likely shoot his lighting.

Robtard
If I pin your wrist to the side of your upper hip and hand you a hammer, you're not tossing that hammer.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>