Shaman X-Man Vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Prep-Man
Nobody? Come one. Shaman is the flavor of the week.

Lord Feron
I think its a really tough call to be honest. imo its a complete coin toss. These are two people will overwhelming versatility. I am not sure in loki past he was ever mentally affected.

"Id"
I have X-Man out gunning Loki. Who wants to take me on this? Rage?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, why not. What is Nate Grey's status currently? Does he have his body back or is he still psychic energy made manifest?

The one notable area I'm not confident in is telepathic resistance. Loki is usually the one playing the mind games and I'm not sure if his withstood psychic attacks from an Xavier level plus entity.

leonidas
i wondered the same thing. didn't he go against strange once though? and i'd be interested in seeing how loki's magic would work. a simple transmutation spell would be the end of nate unless he's got some defense. this is a wide-open battle imo. both have a lot of abilities to call upon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has encountered Strange on more than one occasion, and on both, he was noticeably superior. For what it's worth, recently Loki was mind raping Sandu, and using his magic, accelerated his X-gene and amped him greatly. Based on Xavier's statement, Sandu after the encounter was unimaginably powerful even in comparison to the Professor.

I'm not sure Nate has ever encountered magic. At least, I can't think of any instance.

It would be an interesting battle to see. There is a gap in raw power -in Loki's favor- from what I've seen but power alone doesn't always win battlese. If Nate still had his body, Loki would get my vote -Nate should have no defense against being turned into a frog or some such- but I'm not sure how being psychic energy would affect Loki's magic. Personally, I don't think it would make a difference but I'm giving Nate the benefit of the doubt.

Prep-Man
Hasn't Loki affected intangible beings anyway?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Loki has ever affected anyone intangible. On the other hand, he has turned intangible and once turned himself into mist so I'm guessing it should not be a problem. Loki's power set is like a mini Cosmic Cube to be honest. He can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants up until a certain scale/level of power.

psycho gundam
x-man went up against the great beasts once iirc

mungi and/or id should have the full story, cause i can barely remember the details

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh, good one, completely forgot abut it. I think he battle field removed manifestations of them with gravity or something. I assume Nate's telekinesis/telepathy can affect Loki, it's how Nate can stand up to Loki's magic that's the real question.

"Id"
If Loki power is like a mini Cosmic Cube, than Nate is a Phoenix Lite considering how extensive he uses his psi powers.

Endless Mike
Can Nate survive if his mother is killed before he's born?

"Id"

Bouboumaster
Loki murder him

inimalist
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Can Nate survive if his mother is killed before he's born?

sinister made xman in a test tube...

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He has encountered Strange on more than one occasion, and on both, he was noticeably superior. For what it's worth, recently Loki was mind raping Sandu, and using his magic, accelerated his X-gene and amped him greatly. Based on Xavier's statement, Sandu after the encounter was unimaginably powerful even in comparison to the Professor.

I'm not sure Nate has ever encountered magic. At least, I can't think of any instance.

It would be an interesting battle to see. There is a gap in raw power -in Loki's favor- from what I've seen but power alone doesn't always win battlese. If Nate still had his body, Loki would get my vote -Nate should have no defense against being turned into a frog or some such- but I'm not sure how being psychic energy would affect Loki's magic. Personally, I don't think it would make a difference but I'm giving Nate the benefit of the doubt.

didn't loki grant sandu his powers though, like, forever ago? loki is known for amping people as well. always wondered why if he could amp so well HE wasn't more powerful.

as for the power gap--i don't think it's very great at all. just very different. both could accomplish things the other couldn't. what they can BOTH do, they can do for different reasons. i don't think nate could take him out mentally though. he'd need tk. loki however could take him out MORE easily i think, though i'd think nate's shields--which are pretty uber--would keep him from being transmuted. loki would need need something else. i'd give this to loki, but not by much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
didn't loki grant sandu his powers though, like, forever ago? loki is known for amping people as well. always wondered why if he could amp so well HE wasn't more powerful.

as for the power gap--i don't think it's very great at all. just very different. both could accomplish things the other couldn't. what they can BOTH do, they can do for different reasons. i don't think nate could take him out mentally though. he'd need tk. loki however could take him out MORE easily i think, though i'd think nate's shields--which are pretty uber--would keep him from being transmuted. loki would need need something else. i'd give this to loki, but not by much.

Yup. He said he would use his might to augment Sandu's mental powers and pointed out that Sandu would still be less powerful than himself. In the retelling, IIRC it was pointed out that Loki was beyond Sandu, the next step, or something similar.

Loki is ridiculously powerful. Unfortunately he usually fights Thor and loses but if I were to list his feats, he has some pretty high end shit.

I didn't say it was very large, but in terms of raw power, Loki is superior from what I've seen. For example, Loki unleashed a planet shattering level attack once, has briefly held his own against the pantheon amped Seth in his own dimension etc. Nate wouldn't be able to replicate that type of shit from what I've seen. A while back Moira compared him to Phoenix I think but that's about it from what I know. Of course, if Id has any feats to prove me wrong, he's welcome to post them.

I'm more inclined to believe that Loki's mental powers are enough to shield him from a mental attack than Nate being able to counter Loki's magic. At least we have a rough idea of how powerful a level -in terms of mental based powers- Loki can operate on. He's not beating Nate etc. but I don't think he's going to be casually mind-raped or anything.

leonidas
in defense of nate, he's easily survived planet-killing blasts and used his tp to gather a psyche scattered across the MULTIVERSE.

the seth feat was pretty impressive by loki, no doubt. could nate survive as long? hard to say. again, sorta apples and oranges. i guess it would depend on how long his shielding lasted. nate also has planet-destroying power at this level. at least it was insinuated he did and shown he did in a vision, i think. not clear evidence, but still, something. i think loki has a slight edge in versatility. raw power? hmmm, not sure i buy that. loki is also a lot trickier. hence the reasons i give him the slight edge here. id may have other more pertinent examples. i used nate in a tourney and was pretty surprised at just how uber he was after a little research. great character imo.

YoungGunna
X-Man

"Id"

"Id"

Rage.Of.Olympus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.