Is he a codependent?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

catwingsmuther
This is from a friend of mine! What do you guys think?

So after being with my new boyfriend for 3 months, I have come to the realization that he might be a codependent person. I had never heard of the term until I met him. Can you give me your thoughts?

These are some of the reasons I feel that he is:
I feel like he is obsessed with my schedule.
He texts me and calls me all day long and I feel that it's because he wants to control me.
He gets upset when i don't text him right away or call him.
He has accused me of being up to something.
He's always afraid that i'm going to cheat on him.
He tries to make me feel guilty (indirectly) because he's home alone with nothing to do.
He's always talking about other people, most of the time he talks about what they are doing wrong.
He says he feels happier when I'm there with him.
I feel that he is just focused on making me happy instead of making himself happy.
He reacts compulsively sometimes.
I feel that he is nervous and afraid.
One time i did not reply to his text right away and he thought I was upset with him and he started sending me text after text literally begging me over and over to call him back.
He blames other's for his problems and sometimes he tries to put the blame on me (indirectly) when he feels upset.
All the things i mentioned above he has done in a sweet innocent way. You might even have thought o that's cute he really cares about me, but I sensed that they are not healthy behaviours. He is actually super sweet, he always wants to do everything for me and always reminds me over and over how beautiful i am and how lucky he is, but I feel that he says those things out of insecurity.

I'm about to break up with him and I've received advice to be 100% honest with him as to why I am. Should I mention the word "codependent" to him? I feel that if I do that he may be able to look it up and become aware of his behaviors and hopefully someday be free from this? I don't know.

muabesos
The putting your happiness above his own situation.....there are people who do this as a form of control. They end up silently resenting you for all they have done to help, even when you might not have asked for it. It's like giving a gift then getting mad when the person takes it. It leads to an exaggerated need for approval and recognition that can be emotionally draining on the other partner(you). I don't know if that sounds familiar at all, but that aspect is part of co-dependency.

Rogue Jedi
sockie

muabesos
again?

Rogue Jedi

muabesos
?

Rogue Jedi

muabesos
??

Rogue Jedi
I lol'd.

muabesos
i farted

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaaaahahahaaahaaaa

XvampX666
Im not and expert on co-dependency but blaming others for choices he made out of self sacrifice is definitely a sign of not only co-dependency but also blame-shifting, not taking accountability, and playing victim. If he does something wrong, it's because someone else made him. Or your actions dictate his actions. It's never accountability for his own decisions because he bases them on other people as a way to shirk responsibility for his own happiness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.