The Bride(Uma Thurman) vs Nameless hero(Jet Li)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://www.stockholmfilmfestival.se/imagecache/filmpreview/fileadmin/images/film_images/2003/kill_bill.jpg
VS
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rm_mwqtC4zg/TcvKW6nG22I/AAAAAAAAAOY/RQ9DiDbRNfE/s1600/JetLi_hero.jpg

Fight takes place in Conan's burial ground.

Fight to the death.

Rogue Jedi
Mamba dies.

Zack Fair
Care to explain why?

Rogue Jedi
No haermm

I will later, kinda busy now.

KingD19
She dies horribly. Nameless was running on water and fighting between rain drops and stuff...he's way too fast, and way too skilled for her. Basically she's grounded in reality, where he is not.

Zack Fair
crying

KingD19
Sorry bud....but the guy literally stopped himself from falling into a lake by thrusting his sword point first into the water, then he jumped back into the air...like some straight up Naruto gangsta ninja sh*t. This is his fight by a landslide.

Impediment
Holy lord.

Beatrix dies epic.

srankmissingnin
The Bride wins. Nameless Hero never actually did anything except get killed. We saw him tell a story which the Emperor didn't believe, and the rest was speculation of events form the Emperor. We don't actually know what he did or could do.

Impediment
It doesn't matter because it happened on screen. His fights are considered screen canon.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Impediment
It doesn't matter because it happened on screen. His fights are considered screen canon.

Yeah no. None of what we saw actually happened, they are just stories from an unreliable narrator that changed three times. The only "cannon" feats are him talking with the Emperor and then getting killed in the court yard. Which is why Hero sucked huge monkey balls.

BruceSkywalker
Holy lord.

Beatrix dies epic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. just having some fun Matt..

The Bride gets slaughtered

KingD19
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yeah no. None of what we saw actually happened, they are just stories from an unreliable narrator that changed three times. The only "cannon" feats are him talking with the Emperor and then getting killed in the court yard. Which is why Hero sucked huge monkey balls.

Regardless of what happened, he still had to prove himself to the three best warriors in the land, and was skilled enough to fight the emperor, who unlike European kings was a skilled warrior.

And like Tyrion the Imp(Game of Thrones reference, tee hee) said, it happened on screen, and is therefore canon, and therefore Beatrix gets her heart stabbed with surgical precision from like 10 feet away...without an entry or exit wound. smile

Impediment

You misspelled "canon".

Again, the fights we saw happened on screen. Period. They are canon.

Back to topic, please.

srankmissingnin
You misspelled "canon".

Again, the fights we saw happened on screen. Period. They are canon.

Back to topic, please.

Except the fights we saw on screen didn't happen and we have no idea of the capabilities the Nameless Hero. The whole movie was essentially a dream sequence, none of it was canon.

KingD19
You're gonna keep arguing, and Imp's gonna keep telling you that it happened on screen, so it's valid for vs purposes. Plus, like you said we have no idea what he can really do, he may be infinitely more powerful than portrayed.

Best thing to do is to let it go and know that Kiddo's getting destroyafied.

KingD19
And although you're not completely wrong about saying alot of that stuff didn't happen, you're not right either. The Death at Ten Paces technique was used on Long Sky and Flying Snow, and Nameless considered Broken Sword an equal, but not the others, proving that they did fight, but he didn't kill any of them. And Sword let Snow kill him to show he really did love her, then she committed suicide later.

Impediment
Except the fights we saw on screen didn't happen and we have no idea of the capabilities the Nameless Hero. The whole movie was essentially a dream sequence, none of it was canon.

This has gone on far enough. The fights stand as canon. No exceptions. The fights happened on screen.

Any more of this and warnings will be handed out.

the ninjak
Uma pulls a gun out while Hero is wire flying and blows the crap out of him.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Sorry bud....but the guy literally stopped himself from falling into a lake by thrusting his sword point first into the water, then he jumped back into the air...like some straight up Naruto gangsta ninja sh*t. This is his fight by a landslide. Word. Plus I am a Jet Li fanboy.

srankmissingnin
It doesn't mater that the "happened on screen," because in the context of the movie that isn't what actually happened... and that's what is important. Something happened, but it wasn't what we saw. What the Nameless Hero can do is pure speculation. He has no feats, he loses.

Impediment
I told you that if you continued to troll like this that you'd receive a warning, didn't I? Well, there you go.

Your attitude is something that needs tweaking. After reading your warning history, it's obvious that you tend to come off like this.

Here in this forum, what happens on screen is canon. Your intepretations don't change the fact that the fights are seen on screen and are viable for the thread.

Any more of this, and more warnings will follow.

Back to topic.

Rogue Jedi
MVF rules are posted for a reason.

srankmissingnin
I told you that if you continued to troll like this that you'd receive a warning, didn't I? Well, there you go.

Your attitude is something that needs tweaking. After reading your warning history, it's obvious that you tend to come off like this.

Here in this forum, what happens on screen is canon. Your intepretations don't change the fact that the fights are seen on screen and are viable for the thread.

Any more of this, and more warnings will follow.

Back to topic.

Frankly you are being childish and abusing your power as a moderator. The rule says on screen feats are canon, but do you really want me to believe for a second that extents to what is essentially a dream sequence? So I guess as far as you are concerned on this forum Jack Black in Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny can fly (and is the son of a Sasquatch), and The Big Lebowski can also fly, because they did so on screen in drug induced hallucinations and dream sequences? I know what the rules say, but are you really telling be that the context of the movie is irrelevant? REALLY? If that is really the case, amend the rules and write that in there.

Rogue Jedi
Frankly you are being childish and abusing your power as a moderator. The rule says on screen feats are canon, but do you really want me to believe for a second that extents to what is essentially a dream sequence? So I guess as far as you are concerned on this forum Jack Black in Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny can fly (and is the son of a Sasquatch), and The Big Lebowski can also fly, because they did so on screen in drug induced hallucinations and dream sequences? I know what the rules say, but are you really telling be that the context of the movie is irrelevant? REALLY? If that is really the case, amend the rules and right that in there. Are you serious? Really? Tell me this is a joke. Please.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Are you serious? Really? Tell me this is a joke. Please.

Of course I'm serious. In the context of the movie nothing we saw actually happened, how can that possibly be irrelevant to a discussion on the character? But whatever, if we are going to pretend that Nameless Hero's feats actually took place then he stomps.

Ushgarak
The moderator told you the way it was, srankmissingnin. Next time you don't listen to that you get a ban.

KingD19

Zack Fair

You are right.

===

Thurman pops Jet Li's eyes out 131

Impediment
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You are right.

===

Thurman pops Jet Li's eyes out 131

Now don't you start!

stick out tongue

dadudemon

YoungGunna
Hero wins

steverules_2
Uma wins, she rips open her top and distracts him with her bewbs before stabbing him to death 131

srankmissingnin

dadudemon
I've already conceded to the mods ruling, but that isn't how the OP set up this thread. There was no clarification that all the scenes were considered valid in spite of the context of the film, all he did was name the characters... hell, the OP even agreed with my assessment (because I'm right). It's just a very odd rule, if I was on the KMC Comic Versus Forums citing hallucinations or dream sequences over and over and ignoring the context of the feats... I'd get a warning... here I get a warning for the opposite. My mistake, I assumed there was inherent consistency across the various Versus Forums on KMC, which clearly isn't the case. I assumed that the "On screen feats are canon" rule was the same as the Comic Versus Forum rule "On Panel Feats are canon," but only with in the context they were provided... but I was wrong, so we can all move on now.

I don't believe there is any rule against making two characters fight based on a dream sequence in the comic book vs. forum, either. If they had a dream and their powers were defined or set, you could make a versus thread using that version of the character, as well. In fact, I'd say that due to the immense amount of "versions" to choose from, it would be impossible to have any reasonable versus discussion without first specifying the version or at least time frame of character you want in your OP.

So, no, it's not the opposite in comic book vs. forum: the rules are the same. It's still up to the thread starter to specify the thread conditions.

In the case of this thread, he did not need to specify which version of the character. If no version is specified, all powers and abilities seen in the films can be used. That means every single version. Contrast this with a Harry Potter versus thread in which no year is specified for HP: that means all powers, abilities, and feats from all of his films count and can be used.

Badabing
Originally posted by steverules_2
Uma wins, she rips open her top and distracts him with her bewbs before stabbing him to death 131 I think if she flashed me her boobs that I'd "stab" her. mmm

Rogue Jedi
You think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.