Wolverine VS Spider-Man (Boxing Match)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss

no claws. both have all their current powers.

this is a bareknuckle cage match. contest ends when a fighter is KOed for 1 minute. No attacking allowed when one is knocked down/KOed.

how does it go??

long pig
12 rounds? Spiderman Until someone gets ko'd? Wolverine.

Bentley
If Logan lets himself fall to heal, I don't see how Pete can probably beat him outside decision.

DARTH POWER
Spidey will win on points. He can just close his eyes, trust his spider sense and not get hit by Logan at all, whilst still punching away at Logan himself.

That happened when they fought once, but though Logan was getting beat down, he was just smiling.

StiltmanFTW
Parker doesn't have spider sense anymore.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Damn it marvel is starting to suck. Anyway I am going with Peter, becuase of the huge strength advantage. If he can throw a whole bunch of combos then he may be able to stun Wolverine.

bupj
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Damn it marvel is starting to suck. Anyway I am going with Peter, becuase of the huge strength advantage. If he can throw a whole bunch of combos then he may be able to stun Wolverine.

or maybe you just hate wolverine... smile

Parmaniac
Damn it marvel is starting to suck. In 5 Amazing Spider-man issues it will be necessary cause of plot.

KuRuPT Thanosi
In befroe the Wolverine fanboys. Spidey wins

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by bupj
or maybe you just hate wolverine... smile

WTF are you talking about? Way to pull out the "Hate Wolverine Card" just because I think Spiderman will win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am sooo sorry. Wolverine 10/10 vs everybody.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
In 5 Amazing Spider-man issues it will be necessary cause of plot.

Oh I don't read Spiderman anymore, since they made him not married to Mary Jane anymore. That pissed me off mad

Thanks for the heads up.

srankmissingnin
Without his spider-sense Pete doesn't stand a chance, and with bare knuckles Wolverine can target nerve clusters for extra damage. Logan works the liver until he hits it just right vagus nerve puts out Spidy's lights.

AlmightyKfish
Spiderman's strength wins him this one, while Wolverine is far more skilled, every hit from Spidey can potentially do some serious internal damage, and while Wolverine is going to heal pretty quickly, with enough consecutive hits Pete can put him down for at least a minute.

CosmicComet
I don't agree.

I think a punch from Wolverine is going to do more to Peter than vice versa.

Bone density has a lot to do with hard punches, and Wolverine's bones are as dense as they come.

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I don't agree.

Bone density has a lot to do with hard punches, and Wolverine's bones are as dense as they come. Spiderman probably hits with like 20 tons of force.Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Parker doesn't have spider sense anymore. Marvel is really running out of ideas.

AlmightyKfish
I don't agree.

Bone density has a lot to do with hard punches, and Wolverine's bones are as dense as they come.

I imagine bone density would be more important if one of the combatents didn't have the ability to throw cars and bench 15 tons...

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I imagine bone density would be more important if one of the combatents didn't have the ability to throw cars and bench 15 tons... don't forget one of the combatants has insane HF

rotiart
Spider lost his sense? What how why!!

Before that I would have said Peter 7/10 or 8/10...
But without it I don't know... Peter would get tagged and that would be awful like 7 or 8-10 for wolverine

CosmicComet
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I imagine bone density would be more important if one of the combatents didn't have the ability to throw cars and bench 15 tons...

Yes, and Wolverine's HF >>>>>>>>>>> Peter's. The difference in healing factor is greater than the difference in strength.

Hence why I mentioned only Wolverine's advantage in bone density over Peter's physical power.

AlmightyKfish
Yes, and Wolverine's HF >>>>>>>>>>> Peter's. The difference in healing factor is greater than the difference in strength.

Hence why I mentioned only Wolverine's advantage in bone density over Peter's physical power.

Good point, although imo Spiderman will be able to do enough damage to put Logan down for the one minute minimum.

I guess the weeks Spidey's spent training with Shang Chi probably would help here as well, still nowhere hear Logan's level in skill, but could help a little.

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man would trash Wolverine, but at the end, Wolverine k,o, that boring, retconed ass, at the pleasure of everyone. The World rejoice and enter a new Golden Age, all because Logan whoop that whiner.

srankmissingnin
A dozen or so flush hits to Spidy's face and he is going to have a broken nose or orbital and his face will swell up like Mark Wahlberg (who already has a swollen mush face) after a botched botox. In a bare knuckles fight, Wolverine's Adamantium will bust up Parker's face and severely impair his vision and combat effectiveness.

Mindset
Spiderman oneshots Wolverine.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman oneshots Wolverine. First sane answer in this thread.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by rotiart
Spider lost his sense? What how why!! Scorpion was upgarded by Alistair Smythe and had a Spider Sense too Spider-man build a SS canceling bomb and cancelled his own SS in the process. Now Spidey tries to get used to it by buiolding new suits and taking MA lessons, he already was trained by Shang Chi for several weeks without powers (absolutely no powers, inhibitor collar) and probably gets trained soon by Iron Fist too.

rotiart
Scorpion was upgarded by Alistair Smythe and had a Spider Sense too Spider-man build a SS canceling bomb and cancelled his own SS in the process. Now Spidey tries to get used to it by buiolding new suits and taking MA lessons, he already was trained by Shang Chi for several weeks without powers (absolutely no powers, inhibitor collar) and probably gets trained soon by Iron Fist too.

I think my inner child just threw up.

Hyperion Prime
Spiderman oneshots Wolverine.

It's a possibility

Allankles

Spiderman is quicker, he can roll with the punches, negating Wolvie's greater density.

long pig
FINALLY people are thinking of another way to pick a winner other than ko or killed. Point fighting is a viable way to win here and most threads.

long pig
Question: How can any one Streetleveler ever legitimately lay a finger on a no CIS Spidey? He can dodge lightspeed attacks with ease, but Wolverine k.o's him? No way. I can only see someone who's a Flash level guy who blitzes him with like a carpet blitz. He wouldn't have anywhere to go. But Wolvie? No.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by long pig
Question: How can any one Streetleveler ever legitimately lay a finger on a no CIS Spidey? He can dodge lightspeed attacks with ease, but Wolverine k.o's him? No way. I can only see someone who's a Flash level guy who blitzes him with like a carpet blitz. He wouldn't have anywhere to go. But Wolvie? No. I agree that a CISless Spider-man is a beast in forum fights but the lightspeed dodging feats are either aim dodging or PIS (mostly aim doging imo), his Spider Sense helped him aswell lots of time in the past (going by the current writer even most of the time). It's his awesome agility/speed combo that keeps him in the game to dodge/avoid all these attacks.

Wolverine isn't slow though, he has pretty good speed feats and uses his speed on a relatively constant base.

long pig
I disagree completely. Spidy is one of the only characters who can legitimately dodge a light speed attack. Not because of his speed, but he's a precog. Even without the pre cog he's faster than most, including the runt. It should be impossible to hit him with any single attack. Now, carpet bombing him will work.....a punch won't. He'll infinitely know what you'll do next and counter punch you every single time. Imagine his counter punching ability. Remember what Mr X did to wolvie? Spider would do that x100.

long pig
Scorpion was upgarded by Alistair Smythe and had a Spider Sense too Spider-man build a SS canceling bomb and cancelled his own SS in the process. Now Spidey tries to get used to it by buiolding new suits and taking MA lessons, he already was trained by Shang Chi for several weeks without powers (absolutely no powers, inhibitor collar) and probably gets trained soon by Iron Fist too. Holy shit, dude. Are you lying? That's awesome. I hate SM, but this is intriguing. I've always wanted him to get some MA skills. You know he'll get his senses back, and when he does and has al l that skil he'll be unstoppable in his weight class. Thanks for the info. Got a link I can read about it?

Parmaniac
Spidy is one of the only characters who can legitimately dodge a light speed attack. Not because of his speed, but he's a precog. That's pretty much what I've said:
the lightspeed dodging feats are either aim dodging or PIS (mostly aim doging imo), his Spider Sense helped him aswell lots of time in the past (going by the current writer even most of the time). It's his awesome agility/speed combo that keeps him in the game to dodge/avoid all these attacks. He is not and I repeat NOT dodging Lightspeed attacks due to his speed alone, he is faster than the hand of the person shooting and therefore only moving faster than his hand and not lightspeed. The reason how he's doing it is either he's looking at his opponents hand or relying on his SS and on second thought I agree it's mostly if not always because of his SS.

If you think Spider-man can move FTL proof it.

the ninjak
Scorpion was upgarded by Alistair Smythe and had a Spider Sense too Spider-man build a SS canceling bomb and cancelled his own SS in the process. Now Spidey tries to get used to it by buiolding new suits and taking MA lessons, he already was trained by Shang Chi for several weeks without powers (absolutely no powers, inhibitor collar) and probably gets trained soon by Iron Fist too.

This is good for Spidey. A downgrade in order to obtain an upgrade. When he gets his SS back he'll be incredible.

long pig
Wait, what exactly do you think I'm saying? That he moves faster than light? Dude, no. I'm saying his SS allows him to dodge those attacks. NOT his actual speed. I think we agree on every point. I thought it was pretty clear. Are you trying to start shit or something?

long pig
Originally posted by the ninjak
This is good for Spidey. A downgrade in order to obtain an upgrade. When he gets his SS back he'll be incredible. My thoughts exactly. This could turn into something genius. I'm so interested in this story now. Now, about spider dodging due to hand speed.....sure. Of course he does. But he uses his SS more.

Juk3n
Even without the pre cog he's faster than most, including the runt. It should be impossible to hit him with any single attack.

no

1 reason

in a feat war you cannot pull a spiderman feat that Logan cannot match..

long pig
Originally posted by Juk3n
no

1 reason

in a feat war you cannot pull a spiderman feat that Logan cannot match.. Oh my ****ing God yes I can. If you're a quanchi of Wolverine, please just leave.

Parmaniac
Wait, what exactly do you think I'm saying? That he moves faster than light? Dude, no. I'm saying his SS allows him to dodge those attacks. NOT his actual speed. I think we agree on every point. I thought it was pretty clear. Are you trying to start shit or something?

I disagree completely. Then this was a typo? That's why I was a bit confused cause overall my points seemed to cover up with yours and the only thing that would have disagreed completely with what I wrote would be if he was at FTL speeds.

NVM then.

long pig
Jesus........I get it, wolvie is a brilliant character, but come on guy.

Parmaniac
Holy shit, dude. Are you lying? That's awesome. I hate SM, but this is intriguing. I've always wanted him to get some MA skills. You know he'll get his senses back, and when he does and has al l that skil he'll be unstoppable in his weight class. Thanks for the info. Got a link I can read about it?

I can give you the issue numbers:

Amazing Spider-man V1 654:
Alystair Smythe shows up (upgraded) and upgrades Scorpion (strength, speed, durability, spider-sense), Spider-man build a SS cancelling bomb to defeat Scorpion and cancels his own SS aswell in the process. After that in the following issues he builds different suits.

He recieved his first training lesson by Shang Chi in the "Free Comic Book Day 2011 Spider-man" Issue.

Amazing Spider-man V1 660 (Primary story):
Spider-man gets hit (cause of lack of SS) and thinks about his lost potential and how good he would be if he would recieve some decent trainig, then he thinks about asking Iron Fist training him (till now no lesson happened).

Amazing Spider-man V1 660 (Secondary story):
Jackal is doing an experiment on the entire city by spreading bugs that grant Spider-mans powers (strength, speed, spider-sense) after testing his bug on the first person he said "8 million to go". So Spider-mans new MA skills will be absolutely necessary to get out of that alive.

The event with a city full of Spider-man like individuals will be in Amazing Spider-man V1 666.

EDIT: Actually Spider-man already had MA training by Steve Rogers in Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man 01, after that he catched bullets with his bare hands, two were shot one was in his hand the other one went straight through his hand though.

long pig
But he still has all his other powers, right? I can't imagine a SM with that speed, agility, strength AND high end MA skills. If they'd give him a katana it'd be the coolest thing ever. If you think about it, there isn't really any MAists with his kind of physical abilities. If he gets it together, that'll smash the wolverine vs SM forever. I'm going to follow this closely.

Parmaniac
But he still has all his other powers, right? Yeas all except the SS, actually since Amazing Spider-man 600 they (Marvel) started to upgrade Spider-mans intellect (or better said showed some respect cause he already was on genius level intellect) and his villain roster pretty much all of his classic villains were upgraded in power and Doc Ock's intellect was also upgarded he is now portrayed to be in the same league as Hank Pym, Reed Richards and Tony Stark, at least that's how Marvel portrays him since the last 2 or 3 months and he already outwitted/schooled Stark and Richards once and Pym twice. I really like how the Sinister Six became a serious threat to the world not just bafoon spider-man villains.

long pig
That was always a problem with his rogues gallery. Most of them weren't near his league. And if they were, they were too stupid to know.

the ninjak
I wanna see Spidey with Chi amping punches and Chun Li'ing dudes out of the air.

Then we'll get to see some Maximum Spider stuff. laughing out loud

long pig
I wonder what he'd look like in a Muay Thai stance.

the ninjak
He'll look freakin awesome.

Parmaniac
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8772/skilltraininglesson2sha.th.jpghttp://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8772/skilltraininglesson2sha.th.jpg

EDIT: He goes Jean Claude Van Damme on Hobgoblin
http://www.vandamme.ru/photos/movies/blood_sport/bloodsport45.jpg

the ninjak
Ahhh yes the Dim mak. Death touch. Massive stomp in spidey's favour!

God he has long arms at the bottom of the first page.

long pig
He beat the shit outta HG. And he's got a 90in reach or something.

godking
Originally posted by wildernesss

no claws. both have all their current powers.

this is a bareknuckle cage match. contest ends when a fighter is KOed for 1 minute. No attacking allowed when one is knocked down/KOed.

how does it go??
Spite thread .

Healing factor adamantium bones ?.

Wolverines powers cancel out anything parker can do under the stated rules.

If Logan wants to be a dick he can let park break his fists trying to KO him and take a 30 second rest went he wants too.

ankur29
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8772/skilltraininglesson2sha.th.jpghttp://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8772/skilltraininglesson2sha.th.jpg

what comic is that?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ankur29
what comic is that? Free Comic Book Day 2011 Spider-man issue.

Lord Feron

lol awesome!

long pig
Originally posted by godking
Spite thread .

Healing factor adamantium bones ?.

Wolverines powers cancel out anything parker can do under the stated rules.

If Logan wants to be a dick he can let park break his fists trying to KO him and take a 30 second rest went he wants too. no Spider man can win on points and he can ko wolvie. Body shots too.

Ize19
no Spider man can win on points and he can ko wolvie. Body shots too.

Lol, even with his current training upgrade, Spidey ain't landing more effective body shots than Wolverine will.

long pig
I'm not talking about upgrades. He doesn't need them to counter punch Wolverine into oblivion. He doesn't need to ko wolvie to win, dude. How the hell do you think Wolvie can hit someone who is faster and knows what he's going to do next? Mr X DESTROYED Wolvie, Spider man would do the same but worse.

long pig
Don't be that guy....

Ize19
I'm not talking about upgrades. He doesn't need them to counter punch Wolverine into oblivion. He doesn't need to ko wolvie to win, dude. How the hell do you think Wolvie can hit someone who is faster and knows what he's going to do next? Mr X DESTROYED Wolvie, Spider man would do the same but worse.

He might be faster, but not by much, Wolverine has the skill/experience advantage still, and no, Spiderman won't know what Wolverine's going to do next. Don't get ahead of yourself, he still has yet to recover his spider-sense.

long pig
Please, not by much my ass. The only time they are shown in the same league speed wise is when they fight. And WE ALL know when two heroes fight, they are always written as being close in power even though everyone knows the aren't. And We're not using that no SS version. At least no one seems to think we are. Either way, you agree that with the SS, wolvie loses?

Ize19
Please, not by much my ass. The only time they are shown in the same league speed wise is when they fight. And WE ALL know when two heroes fight, they are always written as being close in power even though everyone knows the aren't. And We're not using that no SS version. At least no one seems to think we are. Either way, you agree that with the SS, wolvie loses?

Lol, yeah, right. Sorry, but this has been done several times before, and the spidey fans have consistently been unable to prove that Spiderman operates on a different level of speed than Wolverine.

What do you mean we're not using the no SS version? The thread started specified "current powers" for a reason. And no one thinks we're using it? Then how do you explain this?

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Spidey will win on points. He can just close his eyes, trust his spider sense and not get hit by Logan at all, whilst still punching away at Logan himself.

That happened when they fought once, but though Logan was getting beat down, he was just smiling.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Without his spider-sense Pete doesn't stand a chance, and with bare knuckles Wolverine can target nerve clusters for extra damage. Logan works the liver until he hits it just right vagus nerve puts out Spidy's lights.

Originally posted by rotiart
Spider lost his sense? What how why!!

Before that I would have said Peter 7/10 or 8/10...
But without it I don't know... Peter would get tagged and that would be awful like 7 or 8-10 for wolverine

Anyways, with the SS, his chances go up, obviously. But, if we're giving him the SS, then I assume we're taking away the recent training he's received, which just makes the skill gap between him and Wolvie even bigger, which means that Wolverine keeps his edge on Spidey, imo.

long pig
What, am I supposed to read other people's posts? Not gonna happen. It's against my religion, dammit!

godking
no Spider man can win on points and he can ko wolvie. Body shots too.

this is a bareknuckle cage match. contest ends when a fighter is KOed for 1 minute.

Under these rules there is no way that spiderman wins.

Wolverine can take 30 seconds rests when he wants to and can let spiderman exhaust himself trying to punch him out

The rules of the fight greatly favor Logan.

long pig
I don't read rules, dammit. So stop it.

~The Wickerman~

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396885_hercspid1.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396889_hercspid2.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396892_hercspid3.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396896_hercspid4.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396902_hercspid5.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396882_hercspid6.jpg

I don't think Wolvie's best punch even comes close to Herc's when he's irked smile

Not saying Spiderman would win, as I have trouble seeing him overload Wolverine's HF, just saying if he can take 3 smacks to the face from a Herc who just found out his wife's cheating on him, he should be able to take quite a beating from Wolverine before he even notices him. smile

StiltmanFTW

Mr X destroyed Wolvie whose healing factor has been taxed by his soldiers and assassins.

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~

Going by those kind of showings, neither has what it takes to put down each other.

Wolverine tanking hits from bricks is pretty standard for him, btw. And he already laughed off Parker's barrage of punches.

Hyperion Prime
http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396885_hercspid1.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396889_hercspid2.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396892_hercspid3.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396896_hercspid4.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396902_hercspid5.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7396882_hercspid6.jpg

I don't think Wolvie's best punch even comes close to Herc's when he's irked smile

Not saying Spiderman would win, as I have trouble seeing him overload Wolverine's HF, just saying if he can take 3 smacks to the face from a Herc who just found out his wife's cheating on him, he should be able to take quite a beating from Wolverine before he even notices him. smile

Wolverine dosen't hit hard enough to hurt Spiderman. He is only a threat to Spiderman if he is using his Adamantium claws. Parker hits hard enough to hurt Wolverine, especially since he will be landing combos with his speed. If he dosen't knock him out he will win on points.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine dosen't hit hard enough to hurt Spiderman.

One-shot.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5236/astonishingspideywolvie.th.jpg http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4997/astonishingspideywolvieb.th.jpg

He is only a threat to Spiderman if he is using his Adamantium claws.

That hurt.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6981/mcp2wq8.th.jpg http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9273/mpc3gh8.th.jpg

Parker hits hard enough to hurt Wolverine, especially since he will be landing combos with his speed. If he dosen't knock him out he will win on points.

I can't get him to stop smiling.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2995/781531114956215oa1.th.jpg

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Spider-Man575023.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Spider-Man575024.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Spider-Man575025.jpg

Spider-man fans, you jelly?

Parmaniac
Not really
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6981/mcp2wq8.th.jpg

CosmicComet

Didn't post the rest of it, where Herc threatens to stop holding back.

Herc casually owned him.

Hyperion Prime
Didn't post the rest of it, where Herc threatens to stop holding back.

Herc casually owned him.

You can't say with the first punch that Herc was holding back. For all he knew this Peter Parker guy was a normal ass human. Yet he hit him hard enough to have killed a normal human. Herc was never "holding back" Herc was just talking to make himself look better, since he had not put his opponent down

thanos-prime
Spiderman

CosmicComet
You can't say with the first punch that Herc was holding back. For all he knew this Peter Parker guy was a normal ass human. Yet he hit him hard enough to have killed a normal human. Herc was never "holding back" Herc was just talking to make himself look better, since he had not put his opponent down

Lol no.

That's exactly why we know he was holding back.

He doesn't know who Parker is. He would naturally think of him as a normal human. And thus he would not use his full strength. You do see how he was NOT surprised to see that Parker got away right? AFTER the punch he laid on him? He's not going to expect a normal human to still be anything but powder if he actually gave it near a fraction of his best.

In such a case, it's actually a kind of a low showing on Peter's durability. He got his nose bloodied by a punch that Herc didn't even intend to outright kill a normal human with. stick out tongue

As for Herc simply talking himself up. You CANNOT be serious.

Parmaniac
Holding back or not, a normal human would have been killed by the first punch, Herc punched Parkers ass through a window and 2 doors that's a pretty long distance.

~The Wickerman~
Lol no.

He doesn't know who Parker is. He would naturally think of him as a normal human. And thus he would not use his full strength. You do see how he was NOT surprised to see that Parker got away right? AFTER the punch he laid on him? He's not going to expect a normal human to still be anything but powder if he actually gave it near a fraction of his best.

In such a case, it's actually a kind of a low showing on Peter's durability. He got his nose bloodied by a punch that Herc didn't even intend to outright kill a normal human with. stick out tongue

Umm....Herc doesn't really work that way. His "holding back" is not the same as other heroes holding back. While holding back he's put people through walls (literally impaling them in walls), fought WWH, etc. When he's really holding back, he uses a love tap, or a gentle slap, like he did to black widow to KO her (who was concerned if he hits her a little too hard he might take her face off).

Besides, he did put him through 2 very thick walls with one of those "holding back" punches, and in the end only beat him by tossing 10+ cars on top of him and trapping him underneath.

Either way, I'm not arguing one way or another, but you're trying to take away from Spiderman's durability shown in those scans and it's not right, because Herc's argument that he's "holding back" ain't exactly lowering the feat. smile

Going to finish with the most awesome scan in existence:

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/7406374_hercthor.jpg

long pig
You've gotta admit Spiderman's durability, on average, isn't that great.

Mindset
It's pretty good, taken hits from class 100 etc.

long pig
For his class, it's mediocre. He certainly can dish out more than he can take.

Hyperion Prime
Lol no.

no
Wrong he was never holding back. That would have killed a normal human!!! If he was holding back he would not have hit someone who may have been normal Human and knocked them through all of that shit.

Holding back or not, a normal human would have been killed by the first punch, Herc punched Parkers ass through a window and 2 doors that's a pretty long distance.

Exactly!!!!!

Umm....Herc doesn't really work that way. His "holding back" is not the same as other heroes holding back. While holding back he's put people through walls (literally impaling them in walls), fought WWH, etc. When he's really holding back, he uses a love tap, or a gentle slap, like he did to black widow to KO her (who was concerned if he hits her a little too hard he might take her face off).

Besides, he did put him through 2 very thick walls with one of those "holding back" punches, and in the end only beat him by tossing 10+ cars on top of him and trapping him underneath.

Either way, I'm not arguing one way or another, but you're trying to take away from Spiderman's durability shown in those scans and it's not right, because Herc's argument that he's "holding back" ain't exactly lowering the feat. smile

Going to finish with the most awesome scan in existence:

Correct

Mindset
For his class, it's mediocre. He certainly can dish out more than he can take. Who in his class has better durability?

Mindset

I can't get him to stop smiling.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2995/781531114956215oa1.th.jpg Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Spider-Man575023.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Spider-Man575024.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Spider-Man575025.jpg

Spider-man fans, you jelly? Cool, Hammerhead's bones > Wolverine's.

Hyperion Prime
Cool, Hammerhead's bones > Wolverine's.

Does Hammer Head have an adamantium plate in his head????

Mindset
Whatever he has it's much much stronger than Wolverine's bones.

One hit broke Spiderman's hand, but a barrage of hits on Wolverine didn't.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Ize19
Lol, yeah, right. Sorry, but this has been done several times before, and the spidey fans have consistently been unable to prove that Spiderman operates on a different level of speed than Wolverine.

What do you mean we're not using the no SS version? The thread started specified "current powers" for a reason. And no one thinks we're using it? Then how do you explain this?

Anyways, with the SS, his chances go up, obviously. But, if we're giving him the SS, then I assume we're taking away the recent training he's received, which just makes the skill gap between him and Wolvie even bigger, which means that Wolverine keeps his edge on Spidey, imo. Haha, you mean like Secret Wars? I made a thread on this speed issue and nobody has proven Wolverine on being the same level of speed. Only about 3 people argue that for crying out loud.

long pig
Bump that thread C Master.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Haha, you mean like Secret Wars? I made a thread on this speed issue and nobody has proven Wolverine on being the same level of speed. Only about 3 people argue that for crying out loud.
what about secret wars?

you have never proven once that spiderman operates on another level of speed.

and when did appealing to the masses make you right?

Dum Dum Dugan
Whatever he has it's much much stronger than Wolverine's bones.

One hit broke Spiderman's hand, but a barrage of hits on Wolverine didn't.
that means almost nothing. It could be the way spiderman punched, not the durability of hammer compared to wolverine. You jumping to some conclusion based on very little.

I broken my hand on person face with a sinlge punch, but also punch some one over 10 times with out any such damage. It not the object durability alone, it how and were you hit the person.

KingD19
Strangely enough, I agree with Dum Dum. You could see a boxer dominate a match with haymakers, body blows, uppercuts, jabs...and never get hurt. But then in another match he could break his hand with one punch to the face.

long pig
Dum Dum knows what he's talking about from time to time.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
that means almost nothing. It could be the way spiderman punched, not the durability of hammer compared to wolverine. You jumping to some conclusion based on very little.

I broken my hand on person face with a sinlge punch, but also punch some one over 10 times with out any such damage. It not the object durability alone, it how and were you hit the person. Originally posted by KingD19
Strangely enough, I agree with Dum Dum. You could see a boxer dominate a match with haymakers, body blows, uppercuts, jabs...and never get hurt. But then in another match he could break his hand with one punch to the face. Except he broke his hand because of the hardness of his face, not how he punched him, hence the, "That wasn't bone. It wasn't even steel".

Concession accepted.

cdtm

Where's that from?

Tha C-Master
Bump that thread C Master. Dum Dum got it closed.

Here it is though.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=443877Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
what about secret wars?

you have never proven once that spiderman operates on another level of speed.

and when did appealing to the masses make you right?
He danced around them in that showing.
You haven't proven that Wolverine is faster. I'd take many objective people over 3 people who are fans of a character.

People are going to believe what they want anyways. By stats, bios, and feats, it favors him.

It's pretty much common knowledge he's faster anyways.

SamZED
IMO people are making too much of a big deal out of Parker not having Spider sense anymore. Not the first time he lost it. And although he needed some time to get used to not having it, he was already shown easily dodging bullets at close range and even a bomb that went off right next to him and while carrying someone. All that before the MA training. Now im not getting in the whole "he's an awesome MA fighter right now" as we havent seen much from him yet and since I feel its gonna be forgotten in like 2 months anyway. But this particular scenario takes away from Wolverine much more than it does from Spider-man, so I say Parker for a majority.

PS: The adamantium hammerhead fight - not the best example. He's got Luke Cage level strength easily. Not to mention in the next issue where Spider-man was no longer caught off guard by the upgrade he oneshotted him.

long pig
I just read the rules of the thread....wtf? This is retarded.

StiltmanFTW
Does Hammer Head have an adamantium plate in his head????

As far as I know, he's always had.

Now he has entire skeleton made out of adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
PS: The adamantium hammerhead fight - not the best example. He's got Luke Cage level strength easily. Not to mention in the next issue where Spider-man was no longer caught off guard by the upgrade he oneshotted him.

Different environment, webbing... and only the upper body skeleton is adamantium I just read (haven't really noticed before, it all makes sense now).

Anyway, Hammerhead doesn't need any upgrades in order to take down this dirty rat, as seen in TAS biscuits

SamZED
Different environment, webbing... and only the upper body skeleton is adamantium I just read (haven't really noticed before, it all makes sense now). Only upperbody? Was under the impression his whole skeleton is now adamantium, he's basically a cyborg. Wasnt he shown throwing cars in the recent FF books? Where did you get the info?

Anyway, Hammerhead doesn't need any upgrades in order to take down this dirty rat, as seen in TAS biscuits You make your judgment going by cartoons? That explain a lot.biscuits

But seriously, people are looking too much into this. His adamantium is no different than Logan's. The writer simply wanted to show that HH is tougher now than he used to be, dont think the writer cared that it's not the first time SM punches adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Only upperbody? Was under the impression his whole skeleton is now adamantium, he's basically a cyborg. Wasnt he shown throwing cars in the recent FF books? Where did you get the info?

Wikipedia. When I read the article, I remembered this panel:

http://www.comicvine.com/hammerhead/29-6817/all-images/108-203719/hammerhead031/105-1138086/

That explains why Spidey was able to dislocate his hip.

You make your judgment going by cartoons? That explain a lot.biscuits

But seriously, people are looking too much into this. His adamantium is no different than Logan's. The writer simply wanted to show that HH is tougher now than he used to be, dont think the writer cared that it's not the first time SM punches adamantium.

Oh, it is different... Wolverine has adamantium beta stick out tongue But yeah, it's indestructible all the same.

Mindset wasn't serious anyway.

Parmaniac
Only upperbody? Was under the impression his whole skeleton is now adamantium, he's basically a cyborg. Wasnt he shown throwing cars in the recent FF books? Where did you get the info? http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4563/hammerhead1month2live05.th.jpg
(1 month 2 lifes)

Hyperion Prime
As far as I know, he's always had.

Now he has entire skeleton made out of adamantium.

No, I checked. It used to be an unknown metal-alloy. Later it was replaced by Adamantium.

EDIT: Then his whole body was replaced by Adamantium. This I didn't know and had to look up. The first part I remeber reading back in the day.

SamZED
Wikipedia. When I read the article, I remembered this panel:

http://www.comicvine.com/hammerhead/29-6817/all-images/108-203719/hammerhead031/105-1138086/

That explains why Spidey was able to dislocate his hip.
Hmm.. always thought that panel simply showed a part of his skeleton. That pic is probably what wiki based its article on. Still think its the whole thing or he'd never be able to support such weight with his legs, let alone toss cars. IMO nothing wrong with what Spider-man did, he only dislocated the bones, not the metal itself ofcourse.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4563/hammerhead1month2live05.th.jpg
(1 month 2 lifes) Yep. That's the one I was talking about. Thanks.

StiltmanFTW
Hmm.. always thought that panel simply showed a part of his skeleton. That pic is probably what wiki based its article on. Still think its the whole thing or he'd never be able to support such weight with his legs, let alone toss cars. IMO nothing wrong with what Spider-man did, he only dislocated the bones, not the metal itself ofcourse.

Yep. That's the one I was talking about. Thanks.

I don't buy it, Sam. Firstly, it's a cyborg skeleton... action figure-esque... Spidey ain't dislocating shit.

Secondly, if the lower skeleton were like the rest, HH wouldn't feel any pain... maybe discomfort, that's all. And pain was the main reason he got put down.

Do you happen to have HH's newest bio maybe?

SamZED
I don't buy it, Sam. Firstly, it's a cyborg skeleton... action figure-esque... Spidey ain't dislocating shit.

Secondly, if the lower skeleton were like the rest, HH wouldn't feel any pain... maybe discomfort, that's all. And pain was the main reason he got put down.

Do you happen to have HH's newest bio maybe? I dont have a bio. But how do you explain him tossing cars and more importantly Luke Cage around? With his below peak human leg muscles?

The bones arent fuced to each other with adamantium, they still have to follow a normal skeleton structure and can be moved. Or HH would've been turned into a statue.

Spider-man knew his skeleton was reinforced with a metal he cant break and yet was confident he can dislocate his hip. Only two possible explanations here. HH's lower body isnt reinforced and SM somehow knew that which he didnt. Or it was reinforced but SM knew he can dislocate it anyway. Make one little cyborg bone slightly pierce the skin and job is done. Anatomy FTW.

Mindset
The joints are probably kevlar like his throat is.

StiltmanFTW
I dont. But how do you explain him tossing cars and more importantly Luke Cage around? With his below peak human leg muscles?

The bones arent fuced to each other with adamantium, they still pretty much follow normal skeleton structure and can be moved or HH would've been turned into a statue.

Spider-man knew his skeleton was reinforced with a metal he cant break and yet was confident he can dislocate his hip. Only two possible explanations here. HH's lower body isnt reinforced and SM somehow knew that which he didnt. Or it was reinforced but SM knew he can dislocate it anyway. Make one little cyborg bone slightly pierce the skin and job is done. Anatomy FTW.

Can explain it with one word - comics. And there is always a possibility that his upper skeleton works like Misty Knight's bionic arm.

Correct, they aren't fused... but it doesn't work like a normal joint. Nowhere close. No joint capsule, no synovial fluid. These metal bone replicas are actually connected with each other... the best way to illustrate that is an advanced action figure or a damn robot.

Spiderman only knew about the skull and hands. Again, no human joint mechanism here - skin tearing wouldn't hurt enough to immobilize Hammerhead. What taken him out was a regular hip dislocation and extruciating pain that comes along with it, that was made pretty clear in that story.

Anyway, check your PM box soon.

StiltmanFTW
StiltmanFTW 1:0 SamZED

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2043/img028wo.th.jpg

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.