Bizarro vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YoungGunna
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/590718-19.jpg
VS
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/77966/1583181-804274_11_beta_ray_bill__godhunter_3.jpg
WHO WINS

cdtm
If you look at Beta Ray Bills highest feats, like in Stormbreaker, could Bizarro even hurt Bill?

Grappling with Stardust and taking an ongoing attack of Power Cosmic while doing so, taking a physical attack from Galactus, standing in the middle of exploding planets....

YoungGunna
Bizarro could do it when fighting Superman he stated that Bizarro was physically stronger than him Bizarro is ruthless

Batman-Prime
BRB wins with CIS on, else he will lose.

society619
Beta Ray Bill

Philosophía
Originally posted by cdtm
could Bizarro even hurt Bill? laughing out loud

Oh, this forum.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by YoungGunna
Bizarro could do it when fighting Superman he stated that Bizarro was physically stronger than him Bizarro is ruthless True, but Bizarro's lack of intelligence makes him a less dangerous opponent than a slightly less powerful, but exponentially more intelligent fighter like Superman. His ruthlessness doesn't overcome his predictability.

Philosophía
Superman isn't less powerful than Bizarro.

carver9
If you look at Beta Ray Bills highest feats, like in Stormbreaker, could Bizarro even hurt Bill?

Grappling with Stardust and taking an ongoing attack of Power Cosmic while doing so, taking a physical attack from Galactus, standing in the middle of exploding planets....

You forgot that he was sleeping in the heart of a supernova and didn't even feel it.

Philosophía
Lie.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
BRB wins with CIS on, else he will lose.

carver9

JakeTheBank
Bill wins.

leonidas

not serious methinks...?

Philosophía
First of all:Originally posted by carver9
he was sleeping in the heart of a supernova and didn't even feel it. =/=Originally posted by carver9
So he wasn't in the heart of a sun going Nova? Backtracking fits you, but I'm not the type to let it slide.

Second of all: it was stated he would have died, if the sun had gone supernova (1). And he also wasn't in the heart of the sun(2).

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/brb_durability3.jpg
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=brb_durability4.jpg

(1)."How fitting - his end will be as was his beginning. From an exploding sun "

(2).He's, at best, close to the surface of the sun - you can clearly see the sun behind him, and rocks around him.

Galan007
Second scan, fifth/last panel: definitely looks like he flew out of the sun.

Philosophía
There's literally every other panel, in both pages, that clearly show him outside the sun, with floating rocks around him for emphasis - including 4 panels in that same page.

That "boom" at the start of his trail could range from an effect of him high-speeding away from a standing position, to going through the one of the floating debris - but given everything else that's shown, he was definitely not inside the sun.

Galan007
Scan also said that he was "drifting into the fire ." In the last panel he seemed to, very clearly, fly out of it. Seems to me like he drifted into the sun(barely) before flying away.

Dunno why it's such a big deal. Enduring sun-level heat isn't beyond a herald's ability.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
Scan also said that he was "drifting into the fire ." In the last panel he seemed to, very clearly, fly out of it. Seems to me like he drifted into the sun(barely) before flying away.

Dunno why it's such a big deal. Enduring sun-level heat isn't beyond a herald's ability. He was drifting towards the sun, yes, but he wasn't in it (as the page in which that line is said clearly shows) - certainly not in its heart, like it has been said in this thread.

The scans blatantly show him outside the sun (including the scan before your two scans), and then slowly going towards it. He also, very clearly, wakes up before going inside of it (thus the rocks floating around him - and the sun being shown behind him no expression), flying away (with the explosion effect behind him).

I have no problem with him surviving the sun. But he didn't.

Galan007
Last two panels:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13096184_brb_durability4.jpg

Panel 1: No rocks floating behind him.
Panel 2: Definitely flies out of the sun. I don't even see how the art can be interpreted differently tbh, given the fact that it had been stated he was drifting into it. /shrug

Was he in the heart of the sun? No. Was the sun going nova? No (admittedly, I used to believe it was until the narration finally clicked.) Was he within the outer layers of the sun? Absolutely.

Philosophía
Galan, seriously? Cropping up the last two panels to make a point when seen in its entirety it paints a completely different picture?

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/brb_durability4.jpg

He wakes up in the second panel and starts talking (rocks around him, the sun behind)
He continues talking in the 3rd panel (rocks around him, sun behind him)
Comes the final 4th panel, where he continues the same monologue, with a close-up of his face (where, obviously, there aren't big rocks floating about, but the sun can still be clearly seen behind)

Are you trying to say that between the 3rd and 4th panel he got drifted inside the sun - eventough he was now awake, and eventough these 2 panels contain the same monologue with virtually no time passed between the sentences - just because you can't see rocks floating in a close-up?

Am I still talking to Galan right now?

pym-ftw
Or the artist put said rocks in the sun, because in panel 5 he is flying out of the sun

Galan007
You are the one who put emphasis on "floaty rocks". In the 4th panel, there are no "floaty rocks" behind Bill. Not one. This implies that he was VERY close to the sun at that point(if not already IN the sun.) In the 5th panel he CLEARLY flies out of of the sun. Clearly, as in, not debatable.

Crikey, look how far away from the sun he was in the first scan:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13096235_1.jpg

Cut to the second scan, and he is now extremely close to it:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13096236_2.jpg

He was drifting toward the sun quite rapidly. Dunno why you think it's such a stretch to think he ultimately drifted inside it..?

Philosophía
You are the one who put emphasis on "floaty rocks". In the 4th panel, there are no "floaty rocks" behind Bill. Not one. This implies that he was VERY close to the sun at that point. In the 5th panel he CLEARLY flies out of of the sun. Clearly, as in, not debatable.

Crikey, look how far away from the sun he was in the first scan:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13096235_1.jpg

Cut to the second scan, and he is now extremely close to it:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13096236_2.jpg

He was drifting toward the sun quite rapidly. Dunno why you think it's such a stretch to think he ultimately drifted inside it..? The fourth panel is a close-up of Bill's face, which comes literally a second at worst after the 3rd panel, where he's surrounded by fragments. Just because you can't see rocks behind him in this considerably different perception and visual field, doesn't mean he went from being outside the sun, to inside of it, in the time it took him to go from "Who is there?" to "A signal!".

In the first scan he is away from the sun, and then closer in the second, because he was unconscious, and drifting towards it. In the second panel of the second scan he regains consciousness, starts monologuing, and has no reason to keep drifting towards it - and the art between the remaining panels don't depict otherwise. I'm not sure why you need me to explain this to you, when it's obvious.

Golgo13
Yeah, it doesn't look like he was in the sun.

Galan007
^ So you are assuming he stopped drifting toward the sun despite based on what, exactly? I saw no art, nor did I read any narration, that was indicative of such.

All that's obvious is what I've been pointing out:
-It was stated that Bill was drifting toward the sun.
-Between the first and second scans, he covered a LOT of distance between he and the sun. A. LOT.
-Bill obviously never stopped floating toward the sun. Regaining consciousness is meaningless. Bill is a herald-leveler. He can endure sun-level heat. Why would he be scared of drifting into the sun? You think Thor would be killed by the sun?
-Bill CLEARLY flew out of the sun. This is absolutely unarguable, and moreover, supports my interpretation. You are ignoring that panel entirely.

Batman-Prime
He wasn't IN the sun, in close proximity but that doesn't mean he couldn't go inside and survive it.

Branlor Swift
Bill taking off usually looks like he comes out of a sun.

Dildosophia knows what I'm talking about

psycho gundam
thor has fought an elder god (killer) in the heart of one, and korbanites are supposed to be better suited for heat *shrug*

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Dildosophia knows what I'm talking about

laughing out loud

Galan007

Dildosophia knows what I'm talking about Apparently that's the only time in Bill's career energy+a sound effect, has exploded from around him when he took off.

Srsly, I don't get how such blatant art can be argued, but w/e. It's par for the course nowadays.

Philosophía
^ So you are assuming he stopped drifting toward the sun despite based on what, exactly? I saw no art, nor did I read any narration, that was indicative of such.

All that's obvious is what I've been pointing out:
-It was stated that Bill was drifting toward the sun.
-Between the first and second scans, he covered a LOT of distance between he and the sun. A. LOT.
-Bill obviously never stopped floating toward the sun. Regaining consciousness is meaningless. Bill is a herald-leveler. He can endure sun-level heat. Why would he be scared of drifting into the sun? You think Thor would be killed by the sun?
-Bill CLEARLY flew out of the sun. This is absolutely unarguable, and moreover, supports my interpretation. You are ignoring that panel entirely. He covered a lot of distance between the first and second scan because he was out. He stopped drifting towards the sun because the reason for doing so - him being unconscious, was no longer present. He regained his senses, and started monologuing - while on the outskirts of the sun, surrounded by pieces of floating rock.

Bill doesn't need to say "dear reader, now that I have regained my consciousness, my limb body drifting towards the sun is no longer a problem" in order to reach the logical conclusion - supported by the actual art (ie. look at all of the 4 panels on the second page, as he woke up, and you won't see any difference in his distance from the sun).

Your interpretation is that Bill went from noticeable distance from the sun, to inside of it, between "Who is there?" and "A signal!", while conscious, and you used the fact that there were no visible rocks in a complete change of panel perspective - a close up, to support your argument. I'm sorry, but that was atrocious.

The last panel, as said, doesn't have to mean that he got out of the sun. If that were true, it wouldn't make sense with everything presented beforehand.

Ultimately, I don't care if Bill's buttocks touched the edge of the sun for a second before he flew off. But your interpretation of the events is wrong.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
He wasn't IN the sun, in close proximity but that doesn't mean he couldn't go inside and survive it. I'd like to put an emphasis on that, because some might think that I have something against Bill, here.

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor has fought an elder god (killer) in the heart of one, and korbanites are supposed to be better suited for heat *shrug* Eh, don't get me started on that one.

Galan007

leonidas
So he wasn't flying out of the sun in the 5th panel? You're saying that energy(the SAME color as the sun, mind you) bursts from around him, accompanied by a "THOOOM!!" sound effect, every time he flies somewhere?

Lol, nice. thumb up

you've been a busy little bee today. your just pissing everyone off. laughing out loud

Philosophía
Well, at least you've given up trying to make it look like your position is valid from any other angle other than "the last panel made it look like he got out of the sun, and I don't care it contradicts everything else". Not that I don't support Bill shooting sunshine out of his as*hole as an argument, but the 'trail' was the same when he was just flying into space, pages later:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/billasshole.png

That's just me being an ass, but seriously now, taken by its lonesome, that last panel's superficial interpretation is that he flew out of the sun; but literally everything else taken into consideration, it doesn't make sense in what was depicted beforehand, and might aswell just been an effect of Bill simply flying out of the surface of the sun.
I'm not going to change your mind, and I really spent more time on this inconsequential matter than I, or any sane person should have.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor has fought an elder god (killer) in the heart of one, and korbanites are supposed to be better suited for heat *shrug*

This.

Branlor Swift

JakeTheBank
lol

carver9

laughing out loud laughing

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
you've been a busy little bee today. your just pissing everyone off. laughing out loud It never ceases to amaze how seriously people take this.

Pretty much.

The scene is clear. Don't need to beat a dead horse to death.

Philosophía
I fell off a horse once, when a fireman sprayed me with water. Never looked at them with anything but anger since.

ColossusGrundy
Bill wins by strategy, NOT by overpowering him.

Bizarro is stronger, faster, more durable, but dumb as a fence post.

Bill would be able to out-think him easily and win.

these thinking Bizarro couldn't hurt Bill are insane.

Galan007

leonidas

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Bill wins by strategy, NOT by overpowering him.

Bizarro is stronger, faster, more durable, but dumb as a fence post.

Bill would be able to out-think him easily and win.

these thinking Bizarro couldn't hurt Bill are insane.

You don't think that Bill could beat Bizarro straight up?

Considering his power output and versatility and the fact that his own physical attributes are nothing to sneer at, I really don't think Bill has to employ any strategy outside of "beat this guy's face in with Stormbreaker and shoot energy blasts".

Brockalizer
It seems that most people are going with Bill. Admittedly i only have casual familiarity with Bizarro. I was wondering though, ofher than rhetoric or vailed references is there anything on panel of hanging with someone in Bills league in terms of power output and damage. When he fights Superman are entire cities or planets threatened with destruction? Does he have the ability to take out heralds and then humble an abstract? Admittedly Bill had a little help but his feats were still pretty impressive.

Batman-Prime
Physically Bizarro should be easily at Bills levels, speedwise above, strength and invulnerability maybe even to, slightly. It's the mental part that will get Bill the win. 6-7/10.

MrMind
bizarro is just the insane version of superman
EJ created bizarro specifically = superman, with the same physical stats and with reverse vision and breath powers
that mean his physical stats outclasses bill

-Pr-
I think Bizarro is stronger/faster than Bill, but it's not to the extent that Bill can't compete, and Bizarro's intelligence deficiency is going to seriously hinder him in this fight. Doesn't mean he isn't dangerous though.

Bill 6/7 out of 10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.