Runaways Vs Young Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anansi
Runaways Vs Young Avengers

Runaways
-Nico
-Chase
-Victor
-Molly

Young avengers
-Iron lad
-Wiccan
-Hulkling
-Stature

Who takes it?

YoungGunna
Im actually giving this one to the Runaways in a good match

Anansi
Originally posted by YoungGunna
Im actually giving this one to the Runaways in a good match
Who do you think contributes the most to their win.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by Anansi
Who do you think contributes the most to their win.

Victor and Molly

Bentley
This looks like Wiccan vs Nico. Next in the food chain is Iron-lad vs Mancha. The rest may as well go home -I thought Chase had no powers outside some random glove he carries?-.

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
This looks like Wiccan vs Nico. Next in the food chain is Iron-lad vs Mancha. The rest may as well go home -I thought Chase had no powers outside some random glove he carries?-.

The Fistigons, yea. They have lasers and such.

Later on he gains control of Old Lace.

Still, Molly's quite a bit stronger than Stature or Hulkling, making up for any lack on Chase's side.

Bentley
Originally posted by Q99
The Fistigons, yea. They have lasers and such.

Later on he gains control of Old Lace.

Still, Molly's quite a bit stronger than Stature or Hulkling, making up for any lack on Chase's side.

Well, the issue is that unrestricted Wiccan or Nico may solo the entire enemy team if they fight intelligent.

Q99
Well, the issue is that unrestricted Wiccan or Nico may solo the entire enemy team if they fight intelligent.

I'd think they'd largely be stalemating each other. If one of the other fights ended fast, then distracting the opposing mage gives their mage the win.

Bentley
Well, if it comes to distraction, Iron-Lad single handedly stalled Doom and Magneto at the same time, so he should be able to work something against a vastly less impressive Mancha until they overrun Nico.

Q99
Well, if it comes to distraction, Iron-Lad single handedly stalled Doom and Magneto at the same time, so he should be able to work something against a vastly less impressive Mancha until they overrun Nico.

Yea, IL has a very good chance of tipping it.

StyleTime
While I am a big fan of The Runaways, I don't follow Young Avengers much. Based on what I know of them, Chase would be a weak link against their lineup here. Xavin or Karolina would be good replacements for him.

I'm inclined to give the Young Avengers the win. The Runaways do have a shot, but it depends a lot on Nico executing one of her crazier spells from the early moments of the fight.

Q99
It's weird how the two independently-made teams ended up mirroring each other's capabilities so well and being some of the closer team-vs-team matchups.

Anansi
Originally posted by StyleTime
While I am a big fan of The Runaways, I don't follow Young Avengers much. Based on what I know of them, Chase would be a weak link against their lineup here. Xavin or Karolina would be good replacements for him.

I'm inclined to give the Young Avengers the win. The Runaways do have a shot, but it depends a lot on Nico executing one of her crazier spells from the early moments of the fight.
I totally agree that chase is the weak link but i wasnt sure if putting in xavin would make it a fair fight seeing as she has all the powers of the fantastic four. I also think the upgrades to chases fistigons would make him half decent in the fight. I was also thinking of nico amping chase with armor or something.

Konton
I'll give this to Nico. She's somewhat quicker on the draw and is more likely to incapacitate Wiccan and the others before anyone on the Young Avengers does anything - especially with the Witchbreaker upgrade. Aside from randomly blowing up or whatever, Wiccan hasn't really done anything that impressive.

Bentley
Originally posted by Konton
I'll give this to Nico. She's somewhat quicker on the draw and is more likely to incapacitate Wiccan and the others before anyone on the Young Avengers does anything - especially with the Witchbreaker upgrade. Aside from randomly blowing up or whatever, Wiccan hasn't really done anything that impressive.

He kind of held Doom for a second when they faced off in a no-prep, fight. That's powerful enough on the draw imo. Iron-Lad also restrained Doom who has magical abilities pretty quickly. I agree that Nico is more powerful than both in average though.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
It's weird how the two independently-made teams ended up mirroring each other's capabilities so well and being some of the closer team-vs-team matchups.
Yeah. They are similar in many ways. I guess that's why they got the crossovers with each other. Personally, I would rather see the Runaways crossover with the New Xmen(Surge's crew) though.
Originally posted by Anansi
I totally agree that chase is the weak link but i wasnt sure if putting in xavin would make it a fair fight seeing as she has all the powers of the fantastic four. I also think the upgrades to chases fistigons would make him half decent in the fight. I was also thinking of nico amping chase with armor or something.
Oh. I just figured Iron Lad could fight with Xavin. Maybe Karolina is a better fit. If Nico bothers with Chase, it would be too much of a waste; she's the key to victory for her team it seems.
Originally posted by Konton
I figured Nico could secure a victory, but I didn't know how reliably Wiccan could counter her. Nico can do some pretty broke stuff when she wants to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.