Thor's hammer vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Thor isn't in this fight. His hammer is acting independently, with instructions to destroy or otherwise defeat Thanos.

Assume it can use all of it's normal powers, and can act sentiently.

Can it eventually defeat Thanos? Or if not, can Thanos figure out a way to beat it?

Colossus-Big C
can thanos bfr?

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor isn't in this fight. His hammer is acting independently, with instructions to destroy or otherwise defeat Thanos.

Assume it can use all of it's normal powers, and can act sentiently.

Can it eventually defeat Thanos? Or if not, can Thanos figure out a way to beat it?

He could try.

But can't the hammer also teleport/warp?

long pig
Hammer wins. Time manip and reality control is too much for Thanos.

AsbestosFlaygon
Thanos eats it

long pig
He eats the hammer?

Batman-Prime
Thanos wins, after that he will use his tech to replace his missing Penis with this new and awesome toy,

Harbinger
Would a force block work?

Parmaniac
STOP!

HAMMER TIME!

Slaanesh
Thor with the hammer can't beat Thanos..the hammer alone ain't doing shit..

DarkOdin
The hammer wins easily.

Thanos can't hurt it by any means.

The power of Mjolnir incluse weather control, anti force blast energy absorbation soul drain, energy drain. and more

It can moves fast enough to touch the edge of the universe in less then 10 secs which means if Mjolnir hits thanos at the speed i see a one shot.

Not to mention the any force field used mjolnir can just absorb

Hyperion Prime
Hammer ain't doing shit to Thanos.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/773862-thanos_stops_mjouir_super.jpg

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Hammer ain't doing shit to Thanos.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/773862-thanos_stops_mjouir_super.jpg

So Thanos can block the hammer how is thatgoing to stop Mjolnir from winning. Mjolni can just absorb the froce field to absorb it.

Thanos doesn't have anything he could do to stop of hurt mjolnir acting on its own.

Black bolt z
I'm still gonna say thanos.

chomperx9
Originally posted by DarkOdin
So Thanos can block the hammer how is thatgoing to stop Mjolnir from winning. Mjolni can just absorb the froce field to absorb it.

Thanos doesn't have anything he could do to stop of hurt mjolnir acting on its own. He can keep blocking it all day.

dmills
Some peeps are going to be reluctant to say that the hammer wins if only because in their minds it'll be tantamount to saying Thor wins. Looking at the stips though I could see Mjolnir winning. That damn hammer would be like Michael Myers. Can't kill it, can't hurt it, and it'll follow you around everywhere you go lol.

tru-marvell
I too say "HAMMER TIME"!...does this mean Thor is the weak link?
I can see a writer running with this premise.....Mjolnir-"Too long have you held me back Thor, now is the time for me to destroy and rule!"-lol

Damborgson
Originally posted by tru-marvell
I too say "HAMMER TIME"!...does this mean Thor is the weak link?
I can see a writer running with this premise.....Mjolnir-"Too long have you held me back Thor, now is the time for me to destroy and rule!"-lol laughing out loud at this point i can see that story in the near future.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by chomperx9
He can keep blocking it all day. Thanos can't seeing as mjolnir can just absorb the FF and bash him

Rage.Of.Olympus
Seeing as how the hammer has no instances where it has obtained it's own sentience, I'm going to assume it's fighting to the best of it's abilities. smile

Mjolnir blitzes Thanos to death at speeds millions of times faster than light while teleporting sporadically and radiating with the raw power of a million Suns.

Technically speaking, Thor should be able to just sit back, and drink a cup of coffee while he mentally controls Mjolnir to do this to opponents but it's never going to happen. If nothing else other than the reason he also uses Mjolnir as a club 90% of the time.

dmills
^^^ It's in line with the stips so why not.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps.

Damborgson
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos stomps. http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/Srsly.jpg

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Seeing as how the hammer has no instances where it has obtained it's own sentience, I'm going to assume it's fighting to the best of it's abilities. smile

Mjolnir blitzes Thanos to death at speeds millions of times faster than light while teleporting sporadically and radiating with the raw power of a million Suns.

Technically speaking, Thor should be able to just sit back, and drink a cup of coffee while he mentally controls Mjolnir to do this to opponents but it's never going to happen. If nothing else other than the reason he also uses Mjolnir as a club 90% of the time. I'd like to see this happening no expression. I can see why you think mjolnir wis because I think its close, but no way is that happening.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/Srsly.jpg Abstracts like Thanos treat stupid hammers like mosquitoes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I'd like to see this happening no expression. I can see why you think mjolnir wis because I think its close, but no way is that happening.

I can show Mjolnir moving at those speeds, teleporting on it's own, and radiating with that amount of power.

Why exactly do you believe that there's no way the scenario I listed could happen?

cdtm
I can show Mjolnir moving at those speeds, teleporting on it's own, and radiating with that amount of power.

Why exactly do you believe that there's no way the scenario I listed could happen?

Yeah, those things are all well established powers.

Black bolt z

Why exactly do you believe that there's no way the scenario I listed could happen? I know it can move that fast. But I haven't seen it ahve the ability to blitz the million times you said it would, and thanos has shown he can stop a flying mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know it can move that fast. But I haven't seen it ahve the ability to blitz the million times you said it would, and thanos has shown he can stop a flying mjolnir.

We know Mjolnir can move at the velocities I've mentioned, correct? Then why do you think it would be unable to accomplish the feat? Just picture this but directed at Thanos at noticeably faster speeds:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mjolnir124-1.jpg

So? And for the record, that was probably a clone.

Black bolt z
We know Mjolnir can move at the velocities I've mentioned, correct? Then why do you think it would be unable to accomplish the feat? Just picture this but directed at Thanos at noticeably faster speeds:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mjolnir124-1.jpg

So? And for the record, that was probably a clone. The hammer was ricocheting off the walls. Not flying back and forth at them.

And for the most part, all of his clones can do what he can do.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The hammer was ricocheting off the walls. Not flying back and forth at them.

And for the most part, all of his clones can do what he can do.

Who the f*ck cares? Mjolnir is alive and moving independently. It's like a sentient bullet. This is your thread right? What I showed was more than enough.

Okay then.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Harbinger
Abstracts like Thanos treat stupid hammers like mosquitoes. lmao at "stupid hammers." Nothing Thanos could to Mjolnir. Wait are u kidding? I actually cant tell. confused

Harbinger
Didn't see Mjolnir killing beings in the Cancerverse, but I damn sure saw Thanos doing it.

Thanos stomps. Without doubt.

Damborgson
Didn't see Mjolnir killing beings in the Cancerverse, but I damn sure saw Thanos doing it.

Thanos stomps. Without doubt. http://www.gifninja.com/animatedgifs/11020/hulk-face-palm.gif

lol please explain what Thanos would do to an uru hammer besides use his face to bloody it. smile

Harbinger
Force block it. Then, game over.

Also, since you haven't noticed it yet: I'm kidding. Hell, I thought the Cancerverse bit was a little over the top, tbh.

Damborgson
Force block it. Then, game over.

Also, since you haven't noticed it yet: I'm kidding. Hell, I thought the Cancerverse bit was a little over the top, tbh.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud sorry dude. Ive already read lot of crazy shit on here and since i dont know u to well i had a hard time knowing whether u were just kidding or deranged. Ur right though the cancerverse bit shouldve told me u werent serious. embarrasment

quanchi112
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/Srsly.jpg You've seen him treat it like a nonfactor before the hammer stands no chance.

Black bolt z
Who the f*ck cares? Mjolnir is alive and moving independently. It's like a sentient bullet. This is your thread right? What I showed was more than enough.

Okay then. Just saying that moving back and forth at high speeds is different than ricocheting. A bullet can ricochet at incredibly high speeds but it can really only move at its highest speeds in one direction.

I know mjolnir, being sentient won't have that disadvantage, I just don't see mjolnir "blitzing" thanos like you do.

And no this isn't my thread.

h1a8
I'm still gonna say thanos.

How would he win? Wouldn't it at least be a stalemate at best for him and a loss otherwise?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
How would he win? Wouldn't it at least be a stalemate at best for him and a loss otherwise? Because he doesn't have to destroy it(which he won't) to beat it. But likewise for mjolnir to thanos.

Neither is completely destroying the other.

h1a8
Because he doesn't have to destroy it(which he won't) to beat it. But likewise for mjolnir to thanos.

Neither is completely destroying the other.

Of course he needs to destroy it in order to win. How else would he beat it?
He can't bfr it or trap it since it can teleport and phase through barriers.

You got me curious as hell. Elucidate!

Kid Kurdy
You've seen him treat it like a nonfactor before the hammer stands no chance.
Mjolnir a non factor to Thanos ?

Sure. Whatever.

Damborgson
You've seen him treat it like a nonfactor before the hammer stands no chance. ok well i know U are serious at least. big grin Quanchi please explain what Thanos would do to Mjolnir as it blitzed him at light speed.

Hyperion Prime
ok well i know U are serious at least. big grin Quanchi please explain what Thanos would do to Mjolnir as it blitzed him at light speed.

Trap it in a force field and see if it's smart enough to warp its way out of it. We know it can't penetrate Thano's shields.

Damborgson
Trap it in a force field and see if it's smart enough to warp its way out of it. We know it can't penetrate Thano's shields. Maybe not by physical force but it could absorb the energy like it did against magneto. Mjolnir going at the best of its abilities will destroy thanos. smile

Hyperion Prime
Maybe not by physical force but it could absorb the energy like it did against magneto. Mjolnir going at the best of its abilities will destroy thanos. smile

Stalemate......Thanos just keeps putting up shields around it.

DarkOdin
Stalemate......Thanos just keeps putting up shields around it. Eh what ever the source generating Thanos shield be it Tech or his own power Mjolnir can drain it useless

Damborgson
Stalemate......Thanos just keeps putting up shields around it. Would this be before of after Thanos was unconscious by multiple FTL shots from mjolnir? Thanos cant stop it. Mjolnir drains incredibly fast. His shields would be disabled then he would be beat into submission. Happy Dance

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just saying that moving back and forth at high speeds is different than ricocheting. A bullet can ricochet at incredibly high speeds but it can really only move at its highest speeds in one direction.

I know mjolnir, being sentient won't have that disadvantage, I just don't see mjolnir "blitzing" thanos like you do.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Mjolnir30.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mjolnir136.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mjolnir137.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsLoki4.jpg

Mjolnir has become sentient. It should be able to move as freely as the Wasp.

Why? I mean, it's not like you can argue it rarely does so as it's never been sentient on it's own.

Black bolt z
Would this be before of after Thanos was unconscious by multiple FTL shots from mjolnir? Thanos cant stop it. Mjolnir drains incredibly fast. His shields would be disabled then he would be beat into submission. Happy Dance I still haven't seen proof mjolnir can do this.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Mjolnir30.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mjolnir136.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/Mjolnir137.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsLoki4.jpg

Mjolnir has become sentient. It should be able to move as freely as the Wasp.

Why? I mean, it's not like you can argue it rarely does so as it's never been sentient on it's own. Its all good but none of it still somes close to the light speed blitzing you speak of.

Damborgson
I still haven't seen proof mjolnir can do this. We have seen it go FTL while pulling Thor and If we allow mjolnir to go unhinged and use its abilities to the max then there is no reason for it not 2 be able 2. Especially when not using self control like thor does.

Black bolt z
We have seen it go FTL while pulling Thor and If we allow mjolnir to go unhinged and use its abilities to the max then there is no reason for it not 2 be able 2. Especially when not using self control like thor does. Well we know it can move back and forth, and we know it can go light speed.

But that doesn't mean it can do a light speed blitz. Surfer can do both those things but I haven't seen him do or show the abilities capable of doing this million times light speed blitz you and rage speak of.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I still haven't seen proof mjolnir can do this. Its all good but none of it still somes close to the light speed blitzing you speak of.

We know Mjolnir can move at faster than light speeds, we know Mjolnir is sentient and can move in anyway it sees fit.

2+2=4

You have learned that by now haven't you?

Black bolt z
We know Mjolnir can move at faster than light speeds, we know Mjolnir is sentient and can move in anyway it sees fit.

2+2=4

You have learned that by now haven't you? But what your talking about is trying to make 2+2=5. It doesn't work like that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What the hell?

I claimed Mjolnir blitzes Thanos. I posted Mjolnir moving in every which way. We know at what speeds it can fly. This is without it having sentience. Yet you find it unlikely that it can blitz Thanos back and forth when it has gained consciousness?

Silly.

Black bolt z
What the hell?

I claimed Mjolnir blitzes Thanos. I posted Mjolnir moving in every which way. We know at what speeds it can fly. This is without it having sentience. Yet you find it unlikely that it can blitz Thanos back and forth when it has gained consciousness?

Silly. Not doubting it can blitz him. But saying that it can blitz him a million times at light speed is just ridiculous.

Damborgson
Well we know it can move back and forth, and we know it can go light speed.

But that doesn't mean it can do a light speed blitz. Surfer can do both those things but I haven't seen him do or show the abilities capable of doing this million times light speed blitz you and rage speak of.

Why not? U saw Rage's scans of when Thor threw it and was going all over the place at incredible speeds. Allowed to go to full capcacity whats to stop it from going FTL blitz? And i never said anything about surfer.... confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not doubting it can blitz him. But saying that it can blitz him a million times at light speed is just ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Based on all those times it has gained sentience and failed to do so?

Black bolt z
Why not? U saw Rage's scans of when Thor threw it and was going all over the place at incredible speeds. Allowed to go to full capcacity whats to stop it from going FTL blitz? And i never said anything about surfer.... confused Because just it can do two different things, doesn't mean it can put them together to do something totally different.

Damborgson
Because just it can do two different things, doesn't mean it can put them together to do something totally different. So u agree Mjolnir can blitz and go FTL....but not at the same time? Ah i see. Flawless logic.

Black bolt z
So u agree Mjolnir can blitz and go FTL....but not at the same time? Ah i see. Flawless logic. Surfer has shown to go back and forth as mjolnir has. He has been shown to go FTL too. But he has never been shown to blitz someone at FTL.

Just because he can do both does not mean he can do both at the same time.

Damborgson
Surfer has shown to go back and forth as mjolnir has. He has been shown to go FTL too. But he has never been shown to blitz someone at FTL.

Just because he can do both does not mean he can do both at the same time. Its already been seen that Mjolnir can maneuver and blitz. Thor chooses to not have it go FTL for the safety of others. At least on Earth. Mjolnir unhinged would go on an FTL Blitz. Not that hard to see. Your acting like its impossible or something just because Surfer hasnt done it? laughing out loud

Damborgson
So FTL+Blitz= FTL blitz? Im glad we agree. smile

Black bolt z
Its already been seen that Mjolnir can maneuver and blitz. Thor chooses to not have it go FTL for the safety of others. At least on Earth. Mjolnir unhinged would go on an FTL Blitz. Not that hard to see. Your acting like its impossible or something just because Surfer hasnt done it? laughing out loud Originally posted by Damborgson
So FTL+Blitz= FTL blitz? Im glad we agree. smile Prove it can do both at the same time. Some sort of rapid movement, while going FTL.

And all of this is before even arguing thanos's shields. I mean he has already shown he can block it.

Damborgson
Prove it can do both at the same time. Some sort of rapid movement, while going FTL.

And all of this is before even arguing thanos's shields. I mean he has already shown he can block it. Sure ill just pull out my scan of Mjolnir going unhinged and doing FTL blitzing. erm A story line like that hasnt happened. Doubt it ever will. Does that mean Mjolnir cant do this? No. This thread is going on the assumption that Mjolnir will do its best to kill/stop Thanos. Therefore FTL blitzing = Logical conclusion.

Okay lets say Thanos blocks it. Then what? Mjolnir can abosrb energy and disable Thanos' shields. Thanos gets pulped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is stupid. We know Mjolnir is incredibly maneuverable and fast without being sentient. As it is in this thread, it can blitz Thanos to paste. Something so powerful yet small, fast and maneuverable would be nigh impossible to mount a defense against.

And if you don't think Mjolnir has the raw power to break through Thanos' on hand shields -it can- Mjolnir could warp space to enter through them as Thanos has never shown a defense to that as far as I know.

Black bolt z
Keep thinking what you want, but it has still never shown that ability.

Biased fans are biased fans.

Hyperion Prime
This is stupid. We know Mjolnir is incredibly maneuverable and fast without being sentient. As it is in this thread, it can blitz Thanos to paste. Something so powerful yet small, fast and maneuverable would be nigh impossible to mount a defense against.

And if you don't think Mjolnir has the raw power to break through Thanos' on hand shields -it can- Mjolnir could warp space to enter through them as Thanos has never shown a defense to that as far as I know.

Wonder if Thanos pulls the shields close to his body? We know the Hammer dosen't have the strength to bust through the shield. Hell the hammer just gave up and fell to the ground. Maybe Thanos is using some kind of TK

Damborgson

Biased fans are biased fans. Prove me wrong and ill agree. Oh thats right ive debunked your arguments. big grin heheh sorry i shouldnt let my ego get caught up in this. embarrasment

say what u will nothing indicates im wrong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder if Thanos pulls the shields close to his body? We know the Hammer dosen't have the strength to bust through the shield. Hell the hammer just gave up and fell to the ground. Maybe Thanos is using some kind of TK

Thanos' shields are usually some sort of distance away from his body.

Mjolnir is powerful enough to bust through his on hand shields. I'm not sure what that clone did. I doubt it was telekinesis, at least the real Thanos has never shown that level of telekinesis as far as I know. It should be noted that whether or not that was a clone, said Thanos IIRC was capable of tapping into the reserves of his ship for amping.

Anansi
Surfer has shown to go back and forth as mjolnir has. He has been shown to go FTL too. But he has never been shown to blitz someone at FTL.

Just because he can do both does not mean he can do both at the same time.

I agree but the real problem is giving an object that doesn't move on its own sentience. All you can do is speculate what the hammer will do the hammer might just want to club thanos or it might have a sentience that is a great tactician and blitz ftl and teleport.

bbrem123
hammer breaks on thanos...end fight

Black bolt z
Prove me wrong and ill agree. Oh thats right ive debunked your arguments. big grin heheh sorry i shouldnt let my ego get caught up in this. embarrasment

say what u will nothing indicates im wrong. What argument? I haven't made in argument in my case and you haven't proven you argument in your case.

You have to prove it can do the things you said. I don't have to prove it can't. You haven't done anything lad.

Damborgson
What argument? I haven't made in argument in my case and you haven't proven you argument in your case.

You have to prove it can do the things you said. I don't have to prove it can't. You haven't done anything lad. So according to you these arnt arguments???confused Sure i have. with something as fast and maneuverable as mjolnir that has already proven blitzing and FTL capability its common sense to believe both can be done at the same time while the weapon is unrestricted by Thor.

Did u ignore my earlier post? A story like this has never happened. This entire thread is on the assumption of mjolnir's best. This is its best. Makes sense just not to u i guess...

Damborgson
Anyways blackbolt if u want we can keep disagreeing for few more pages or we can call it a truce. Ive explained myself enough and u continue to question so agree to disagree??? http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/truce.jpg

Black bolt z
Anyways blackbolt if u want we can keep disagreeing for few more pages or we can call it a truce. Ive explained myself enough and u continue to question so agree to disagree??? http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/truce.jpg Only because DK looks cute in that pic stick out tongue

Damborgson
Only because DK looks cute in that pic stick out tongue lol k.

h1a8

Biased fans are biased fans. I would say you are the one bias as you pointed out that Thanos can win (not stalemate) with absolutely no explanation of how. He can't ko the hammer nor can he bfr it or trap it.

Black bolt z
I would say you are the one bias as you pointed out that Thanos can win (not stalemate) with absolutely no explanation of how. He can't ko the hammer nor can he bfr it or trap it. yeah, i'm biased towards thanos. But i'm not the one saying that thanos uber mega stomps the hammer.

Sr J-Bieb
This thread is awful

leonidas
laughing out loud

long pig
Awful as a fox!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not only is this thread aweful but the arguments in the thread are just as bad. So it goes like... we are going to make the hammer operate the the best of its abilities.. when that was never stated in the OP. Then they assume the hammer is A LOT smarter than Thor considering their answers. If the hammer could do all this stuff.. yet Thor never does.. so a sentient hammer has displayed vast more knowledge and skill than Thor over has or can hope to? Interesting the low-balling of Thor for the Hammers sake lol. What's worse, there are ZERO displays of such intelligence by the hammer alone which make me go WTF on how they are then making it exponentionally smarter than Thor. So Thor with the same hammer and him fighting with it gets wrecked by Thanos, which the people who are voting for the hammer have agreed with countless times. Yet, the hammer fighting alone is greater than thor wielding it? lol hilarious low-balling of Thor.. but I actually kinda like it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Not only is this thread aweful but the arguments in the thread are just as bad. So it goes like... we are going to make the hammer operate the the best of its abilities.. when that was never stated in the OP. Then they assume the hammer is A LOT smarter than Thor considering their answers. If the hammer could do all this stuff.. yet Thor never does.. so a sentient hammer has displayed vast more knowledge and skill than Thor over has or can hope to? Interesting the low-balling of Thor for the Hammers sake lol. What's worse, there are ZERO displays of such intelligence by the hammer alone which make me go WTF on how they are then making it exponentionally smarter than Thor. So Thor with the same hammer and him fighting with it gets wrecked by Thanos, which the people who are voting for the hammer have agreed with countless times. Yet, the hammer fighting alone is greater than thor wielding it? lol hilarious low-balling of Thor.. but I actually kinda like it. thumb up

Kid Kurdy
Not only is this thread aweful but the arguments in the thread are just as bad. So it goes like... we are going to make the hammer operate the the best of its abilities.. when that was never stated in the OP. Then they assume the hammer is A LOT smarter than Thor considering their answers. If the hammer could do all this stuff.. yet Thor never does.. so a sentient hammer has displayed vast more knowledge and skill than Thor over has or can hope to? Interesting the low-balling of Thor for the Hammers sake lol. What's worse, there are ZERO displays of such intelligence by the hammer alone which make me go WTF on how they are then making it exponentionally smarter than Thor. So Thor with the same hammer and him fighting with it gets wrecked by Thanos, which the people who are voting for the hammer have agreed with countless times. Yet, the hammer fighting alone is greater than thor wielding it? lol hilarious low-balling of Thor.. but I actually kinda like it.
How does Thanos beat Mjolnir again ? Hiding behind his shields and call it a victory ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where is the OP did it state the hammer was working at max capacity in every area of this fight?

What are the showings of the hammer on its own to justify all these crazy these people are saying the hammer will do?

So, Thor with the hammer has NEVER beaten Thanos one v one. Yet, his hammer will find a way to win and operate at higher levels than the God of Thunder can have it operate at.. So in essence you guys are saying Thor is inferior to his own hammer and it's better off without him?

To answer your question... All thanos needs is mere gestures.. whether it be a force block, TK and stopping it dead in its tracks, BFR with another gesture, Raise shields which without the PG its never penetrated. Now answer my questions

h1a8
Where is the OP did it state the hammer was working at max capacity in every area of this fight?

What are the showings of the hammer on its own to justify all these crazy these people are saying the hammer will do?

So, Thor with the hammer has NEVER beaten Thanos one v one. Yet, his hammer will find a way to win and operate at higher levels than the God of Thunder can have it operate at.. So in essence you guys are saying Thor is inferior to his own hammer and it's better off without him?

To answer your question... All thanos needs is mere gestures.. whether it be a force block, TK and stopping it dead in its tracks, BFR with another gesture, Raise shields which without the PG its never penetrated. Now answer my questions When Thor had the hammer the weakness was him. He was the one that can be koed or killed by Thanos. With Thor koed the hammer becomes useless and thus Thanos wins. Well in this fight there is no Thor to ko to win the fight. Thanos must ko the hammer in order to win, which is a hell of a lot different I would say so. Anyway, all sentient beings CAN LEARN. So even if the hammer doesn't start off fighting like people are saying then I see no reason of why it can't eventually (even after a year of fighting). Also the hammer can phase through barriers and travel trough dimensions so it can't be trapped nor bfred.

Also Thanos seems to be able to block stuff when he sees it coming (Thor telegraphed the throw and Thanos was expecting it). But the hammer could simply manuever around Thanos far faster than he can turn around. It can bust through Thanos shields (even after multiple blows to do it). Thor throwing the hammer, it becomes a projectile which is easy to stop (like catching a baseball). But a continuous force along with the great initial velocity and I don't see Thanos stopping the hammer, even if he sees it coming. For stopping a projectile is nowhere near the same as stopping a rocket. The rocket continues to press with the same force while a projectile doesn't.

So eventually the hammer wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Please show me these instances of the Hammer adapting to an opponent on its own?

Next please show me any showing where the hammer was using all the exotic abilities and powers on its own?

Lastly, you act like Thor's hammer has never been stopped by Thanos with EASE.. it has 2 times onpanel.. with mere gestures. You act like it hasn't been broken and is idestructable.. which it is not in fact.

As much as you guys love lowballing Thor.. I won't... The hammer with Thor is better than without...

DarkOdin
Please show me these instances of the Hammer adapting to an opponent on its own?

Next please show me any showing where the hammer was using all the exotic abilities and powers on its own?

Lastly, you act like Thor's hammer has never been stopped by Thanos with EASE.. it has 2 times onpanel.. with mere gestures. You act like it hasn't been broken and is idestructable.. which it is not in fact.

As much as you guys love lowballing Thor.. I won't... The hammer with Thor is better than without... Eh Powergem Thor took out thanos sheilds Mjolnir moving at full speed will do the same. The Thrad itself is Mjolnir at its best You asking to show the Hammer adapter on it owns it a poor debating since this Thread is IF MJOLNIR ACTED on its own roll eyes (sarcastic)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Please point out where it says Mjolnir at full capacity using all its abilities bloodlusted. I saw NO such thing ANYWHERE. Furthermore, you just stated the KEY difference there... Thor was in a quasi MW state AND had a significant amp via the PG. A huge huge difference from normal powered Thor or Mjolnir.

h1a8

As much as you guys love lowballing Thor.. I won't... The hammer with Thor is better than without...

The mere fact that sentient beings can learn shows that it will adapt.
Otherwise it wouldn't be a sentient being by definition.

And stopping a projectile is not the same as stopping a rocket.
A projectile has 0 force acting on it but only momentum and kinetic energy in the thrown direction. But a rocket/missile has force has not only momentum and kinetic energy but it has FORCE.
Thanos managed to stop a 0 force object 1 foot from hitting him. It took him 1 foot of distance to stop it. Now imagine the hammer going even faster and now applying a force. Thanos wouldn't be able to stop it then.

Diesldude
It Teleports on top of Thanos and crushes him to death.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
It Teleports on top of Thanos and crushes him to death. Based on what ?

chomperx9
Based on what ? allowing thor to teleport in the past and open up portals.

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
allowing thor to teleport in the past and open up portals. I get that part the hammer crushing Thanos part is just ridiculous though. He's waved down the hammer like it was a harmless prop in the past.

h1a8
Thanos head would be unworthy and thus would get crushed when the hammer perches on top of it.

DarkOdin
Please point out where it says Mjolnir at full capacity using all its abilities bloodlusted. I saw NO such thing ANYWHERE. Furthermore, you just stated the KEY difference there... Thor was in a quasi MW state AND had a significant amp via the PG. A huge huge difference from normal powered Thor or Mjolnir. THE WM was only driving Thor to be blood lust as for the power Gem it amping was only a small portion at the time but growing either way i Though see how Thor with does amps would hit as hard as Mjolnir going FTL

KuRuPT Thanosi
The mere fact that sentient beings can learn shows that it will adapt.
Otherwise it wouldn't be a sentient being by definition.

And stopping a projectile is not the same as stopping a rocket.
A projectile has 0 force acting on it but only momentum and kinetic energy in the thrown direction. But a rocket/missile has force has not only momentum and kinetic energy but it has FORCE.
Thanos managed to stop a 0 force object 1 foot from hitting him. It took him 1 foot of distance to stop it. Now imagine the hammer going even faster and now applying a force. Thanos wouldn't be able to stop it then.

So all that and you could even point me to ANY situation where the Hammer did anything like what you're talking about? Thought so.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by DarkOdin
THE WM was only driving Thor to be blood lust as for the power Gem it amping was only a small portion at the time but growing either way i Though see how Thor with does amps would hit as hard as Mjolnir going FTL

Really? You fail to see how a Quasi WM Bloodlusted Thor wielding an object of infinite power hits hard then a hammer just flying at FTL.. I don't see how that is hard to see at all, in fact, it's common sense.

quanchi112
Thanos head would be unworthy and thus would get crushed when the hammer perches on top of it. When has it ever crushed someone's head by falling on top of it let alone someone of Thanos' magnitude. Do you ever think before you post?

h1a8
When has it ever crushed someone's head by falling on top of it let alone someone of Thanos' magnitude. Do you ever think before you post? It was a joke. The hammer wouldn't crush anyone's head as the head is not a hand. The enchantment only works if someone is trying to lift it on purpose (specifically, but not exclusive, with their hands).

Thanos magnitude is garbage level if you ask me. I think he has lower physical blunt durability than Superman. I would say him and Thor is about tied in that aspect. His body is more softer and can't resist hard attacks (attacks from hardened materials) as well some others.

Nihilist
Thanos magnitude is garbage level if you ask me. I think he has lower physical blunt durability than Superman. I would say him and Thor is about tied in that aspect. His body is more softer and can't resist hard attacks (attacks from hardened materials) as well some others. Still waiting on you to post proof to back this bullshit up you constantly go around saying, yet still get corrected...oh thats right youre a troll.

psycho gundam
if you ask me. they already know what you're going to say

quanchi112
It was a joke. The hammer wouldn't crush anyone's head as the head is not a hand. The enchantment only works if someone is trying to lift it on purpose (specifically, but not exclusive, with their hands).

Thanos magnitude is garbage level if you ask me. I think he has lower physical blunt durability than Superman. I would say him and Thor is about tied in that aspect. His body is more softer and can't resist hard attacks (attacks from hardened materials) as well some others. But you don't read comics and most of your points are just thought out scenarios in your head. You also claimed Thor is more durable than Odin and don't even possess a basic knowledge of any of these characters or have a clue in the slightest in how they are portrayed.

Instead you see a few scans here or there and without reading an actual story get a false idea on how these characters are consistently portrayed all the while cruising respect threads without ever knowing the context behind anything because you don;'t read comics.

h1a8
But you don't read comics and most of your points are just thought out scenarios in your head. You also claimed Thor is more durable than Odin and don't even possess a basic knowledge of any of these characters or have a clue in the slightest in how they are portrayed.

Instead you see a few scans here or there and without reading an actual story get a false idea on how these characters are consistently portrayed all the while cruising respect threads without ever knowing the context behind anything because you don;'t read comics.

Well I tell you this. I have read over 50 Thor comics (I physically have more than 20 paper versions), and many others. Of course I don't read every comic (who does?). That is why we have scans and respect threads. They are there for a reason.

From everything I read on Thanos he never seemed 100% bulletproof.
That means until the Thanos Imperative I believed that Thanos could be penetrated by high calibur bullets (like from military fighter jets).
Even after I accepted that he is bulletproof but barely. Now against wider attacks (like fists) his durability goes up, almost like WW and Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So thanos still wins with ease... good.

quanchi112
Well I tell you this. I have read over 50 Thor comics (I physically have more than 20 paper versions), and many others. Of course I don't read every comic (who does?). That is why we have scans and respect threads. They are there for a reason.

From everything I read on Thanos he never seemed 100% bulletproof.
That means until the Thanos Imperative I believed that Thanos could be penetrated by high calibur bullets (like from military fighter jets).
Even after I accepted that he is bulletproof but barely. Now against wider attacks (like fists) his durability goes up, almost like WW and Thor. So you finally admit you really don't have a good fix on either character and for us to disregard your opinion on the matter. You admit current Thanos is bulletproof so you concede your entire point. Thanos wins. The whole bullet proof thing doesn't even apply to a thread in which it's Thor's hammer vs. Thanos anyways.

h1a8
So you finally admit you really don't have a good fix on either character and for us to disregard your opinion on the matter. You admit current Thanos is bulletproof so you concede your entire point. Thanos wins. The whole bullet proof thing doesn't even apply to a thread in which it's Thor's hammer vs. Thanos anyways. I believe I know the characters fairly well to debate. After all, the scans show the feats. Everything else is just talk and plot.

I said, "barely bulletproof" which implies there are levels. Superman is bulletproof on the highest level. Hulk is bulletproof on a mid level.
Thanos is bulletproof on a mid level.

It does apply to this thread because one's bulletproof level is an indication of how much blunt force they can take. But it doesn't go the other way around.

bbrem123
wow to this thread and some of the arguments here

quanchi112
I believe I know the characters fairly well to debate. After all, the scans show the feats. Everything else is just talk and plot.

I said, "barely bulletproof" which implies there are levels. Superman is bulletproof on the highest level. Hulk is bulletproof on a mid level.
Thanos is bulletproof on a mid level.

It does apply to this thread because one's bulletproof level is an indication of how much blunt force they can take. But it doesn't go the other way around. How is Thanos bulletproof on a mid level ? You need to cite evidence to at least explain your rankings here you just don't debate by citing opinions alone. You new here ?

h1a8
How is Thanos bulletproof on a mid level ? You need to cite evidence to at least explain your rankings here you just don't debate by citing opinions alone. You new here ? Bulletproof on a high level suggests that the most powerful bullets (from aircraft mostly) bounce off (ricochet) at full speed. But if the bullets hits and slightly dents in the person's chest while merely falling to the ground afterwards (not ricocheting at full speed) then the person is barely bulletproof (on a mid-level if they can withstand the strongest bullets in this way).

Sr J-Bieb
I gotta stop clicking h1's posts...

psycho gundam
Bulletproof on a high level suggests that the most powerful bullets (from aircraft mostly) bounce off (ricochet) at full speed. But if the bullets hits and slightly dents in the person's chest while merely falling to the ground afterwards (not ricocheting at full speed) then the person is barely bulletproof (on a mid-level if they can withstand the strongest bullets in this way). http://i51.tinypic.com/kd737k.gif...i.. i''m speechless...

SuperiorTech
Bulletproof on a high level suggests that the most powerful bullets (from aircraft mostly) bounce off (ricochet) at full speed. But if the bullets hits and slightly dents in the person's chest while merely falling to the ground afterwards (not ricocheting at full speed) then the person is barely bulletproof (on a mid-level if they can withstand the strongest bullets in this way).

I was under the impression that you are either bulletproof or your not I didn't know they were levels.You learn something everyday.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I was under the impression that you are either bulletproof or your not I didn't know they were levels.You learn something everyday. Please don't learn anything from that post

h1a8
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I was under the impression that you are either bulletproof or your not I didn't know they were levels.You learn something everyday. Kevlar is bulletproof but on a low level as high caliber bullets can still penetrate. Tank armor is bulletproof but on a higher level (almost mid level). So yes there are levels of bulletproof.

rotiart
Kevlar is bulletproof but on a low level as high caliber bullets can still penetrate. Tank armor is bulletproof but on a higher level (almost mid level). So yes there are levels of bulletproof.

I never thought there would be a day I would agree with anything hia8 said... But I get his point...

Luke cage has bulletproof armor level skin But I'm willing to bet a bullet fired at the speed of light would still pierce him...

Comments are relative...

It's like wolverine stating es the best there is at what he does... When all he does is simply suck... shifty

Hyperion Prime
Bulletproof on a high level suggests that the most powerful bullets (from aircraft mostly) bounce off (ricochet) at full speed. But if the bullets hits and slightly dents in the person's chest while merely falling to the ground afterwards (not ricocheting at full speed) then the person is barely bulletproof (on a mid-level if they can withstand the strongest bullets in this way).

That' didn't make any sense at all.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/imagesqtbnANd9GcRfX9pBDN90k5l-oAj55gv2TUI3WXQGk-MjFhqebbU2Uf2JxCBY6wt1.jpg

Batman-Prime
Kevlar is bulletproof but on a low level as high caliber bullets can still penetrate. Tank armor is bulletproof but on a higher level (almost mid level). So yes there are levels of bulletproof.
Actually that makes sense...

Rage.Of.Olympus
What's the point of contention? That there are different levels of artillery resistance? That's obvious. Certain characters can only withstand small caliber weapons while others can withstand everything up to tank shells. Hell, Thor had it backwards. The higher the caliber, the higher his resistance back in the day. He would strap on a Nuke in one issue and flee from bullets in the next.

Uriel005
Thor uses Mjolnir like a retard... hardly ever pulls out it's more awesome powers against awesome villains cause it would be broken but toss out the wrecking crew or some crap like that then he starts turning reality into play-doh with Mjolnir.... I just don't get it.

JakeTheBank

Technically speaking, Thor should be able to just sit back, and drink a cup of coffee while he mentally controls Mjolnir to do this to opponents but it's never going to happen. If nothing else other than the reason he also uses Mjolnir as a club 90% of the time.

The funny thing, as absolutely insane as this would be to actually picture, let alone put in a comic, to say nothing of its likelihood, Mjolnir has displayed the capability to do those things.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.