Superman vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Superman is out in space searching for his home planet known as krypton like it was mentioned in Superman Returns.

Thor is currently in Jotunheim alongside the warriors three, Sif and Loki. He is out to seek glory and honor by defeating the frost giants.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110504130512/marvelmovies/images/a/aa/Thor-trailer-jotunheim.jpg

All of a sudden Superman's ship crash lands on Jotunheim.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/superman-returns/ZOOMPIC_Super_Krypton_CityFlyover.jpg

Out comes Superman, somewhat confused and a bit out of it. Thor thinks Kal-El is key to the frost giants army and attacks him. Superman defends himself and fights back.

Meanwhile a intrigued Odin watches and orders Heimdall not to send Superman back where he belongs. He can tell it is a powerful alien from Midgar and lets him stay for a while. Hopefully their fight can humble his arrogant son. However he does teleport the other asgardians and son back to Asgard.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/Cooler-99/Album%202/SupermanChristopherReeve.jpg
VS
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2010/03/chris-hemsworth-thor-costume-2.jpg

Scenario 1: Both are fighting In Character.
Scenario 2: Both combatants are bloodlusted and CIS is off.

Discuss.

ares834
1. Superman wins.
2. Superman rofl stomps.

Impediment
If you're talking about Christopher Reeve's Superman, then there is no fight, only epic stomp.

Reeve's Superman pushed the moon out of orbit to cause a solar eclipse and flew at light speeds to reverse the rotation of Earth.

Zack Fair
Wasn't that in Superman 3? For the sake of continuity I am leaving Superman 3 and 4 feats out of the fight because it isn't canon to Superman Returns. It is the same Superman so I guess it will be Superman 1, 2 & Returns.

Impediment
Okay, I'm confused.

Is it Reeve or Routh Superman? Or are you amalgamating both Superman characters for the thread?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Impediment
Okay, I'm confused.

Is it Reeve or Routh Superman? Or are you amalgamating both Superman characters for the thread?

LoL sorry if I'm not making myself clear. Routh Superman is supposed to be the same Superman as Reeve, so yeah it is both of them minus Superman 3/4 feats because those movies were ignored by Superman Returns.

Impediment
Okay.

Well, I still say that Thor gets a size 12 Kryptonian boot up his ass.

BruceSkywalker
Thor wins this jk.. jk.. jk...

reeves and routh both stomp

then they watch as portman and bosworh go all black swan big grin

YoungGunna
Originally posted by ares834
1. Superman wins.
2. Superman rofl stomps.

RE: Blaxican
Superman in Superman 1 moved so fast he turned back time...

Speed blitz, etc etc.

NemeBro
Mjolnir could be made of out solid Kryptonite and Superman would still win. Mother****er lifted a small country of the shit into space.

Impediment
I still maintain that the "small country/continent" that every cites is actually just a big ass island.

awermm

Robtard
Well, I still say that Thor gets a size 12 Kryptonian boot up his ass.

the ninjak
Thor hasn't shown any feats to do anything to movie Supes.
Maybe in Avengers we'll see a more uber Thor.

dadudemon
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thor hasn't shown any feats to do anything to movie Supes.
Maybe in Avengers we'll see a more uber Thor.

Yeah, I'd say that even if he "full speed" threw and flew right at Superman's head, it would just stop dead in it's tracks with Thor being "mad, bro."

Also, if we can pretend for a moment...Superman should have been able to easily lift the Hammer as he possessed the strength and character to do so. smile

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon

this has given me a thread idea which i will create later

NemeBro
I still maintain that the "small country/continent" that every cites is actually just a big ass island.

awermm You just described Australia, mate.

There is no difference.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this has given me a thread idea which i will create later

I was thinking about the enchantment Odin did to the hammer and anyone who had iron-clad resolve and was as close to selfless as possible...all they needed was the physical strength required to lift a very heavy hammer (from what I can remember, the hammer was forged inside of a star making me think it is a very dense, enchanted hammer. That would give it very dense weight even without "can't touch this" enchantments).

I'd be interested to read support and opposition to my theory on the movie version of the hammer.

Pwned
Smallest Country In The World: Vatican City. I think its a little over a mile wide at the widest. Thats a small country. Pretty sure he lifted more than the Vatican ;-)

BruceSkywalker
I was thinking about the enchantment Odin did to the hammer and anyone who had iron-clad resolve and was as close to selfless as possible...all they needed was the physical strength required to lift a very heavy hammer (from what I can remember, the hammer was forged inside of a star making me think it is a very dense, enchanted hammer. That would give it very dense weight even without "can't touch this" enchantments).

I'd be interested to read support and opposition to my theory on the movie version of the hammer.

yes it will, i will create my thread later on after i have some dinner

Zack Fair
I don't think Superman will not sell Thor throwing himself along with MJOLNIR at top speed, but if he does tank it without moving an inch , or even blink ala Superman Returns huge-mother-****ing-gun turret scene,Thor's face will probably be priceless while Superman looks at him all:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110419100726/callofduty/images/8/80/Troll-face-problem.jpg

About Superman being able to lift the hammer...I don't see why he could not. What did Thor do to become worthy?

1. Learned human humility --- CHECK
2. Willingless to sacrifice himself --- CHECK
3. Protector of Earth realm --- CHECK

dadudemon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I don't think Superman will not sell Thor throwing himself along with MJOLNIR at top speed, but if he does tank it without moving an inch , or even blink ala Superman Returns huge-mother-****ing-gun turret scene,Thor's face will probably be priceless while Superman looks at him all:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110419100726/callofduty/images/8/80/Troll-face-problem.jpg

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Originally posted by Zack Fair
About Superman being able to lift the hammer...I don't see why he could not. What did Thor do to become worthy?

1. Learned human humility --- CHECK
2. Willingless to sacrifice himself --- CHECK
3. Protector of Earth realm --- CHECK

Yeah, that's pretty much my logic. I think there is a #4 that both of us forgot about: treasuring a life far and above a cause to go to war. Odin is a Hippy, fo sho.

jaden101
enchanted hammer.

Well thanks to KMC I now have a new name for my penis.

Although I might put "gristle" as the middle name.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Well thanks to KMC I now have a new name for my penis.

Although I might put "gristle" as the middle name.

"enchanted mallet" sounds better.

jaden101
Hammer sounds better in a Scottish accent what with the way we really pronounce the R's.

FrothByte
For all of superman's prowess in the movies, he continuously get's punked by a puny human - lex luthor. And movie lex isn't quite as hardcore as comic book lex.

thor wins from simple brains. I mean, how smart could a guy be if he thinks a pair of eyeglasses is enough to hide his identity?

LOL. But seriously, Reeve's superman is too powered amped. If it was just brandon's superman then that should be a good fight.

FrankieatLA
After some meditation, I am sure Superman (the one Christopher Reeves performed) will win.

Why?
1. Superman's incredible powers made him act always as if everything was made of cardboard he doesn't want to hurt people and that's why he doesn't use all his power. While Thor is always aggresive and looking to fight and depends on MJOLNIR and other "gods" to fight.
2. Superman is one of the survivors (because different stories show there are more than him and Supergirl, and the ones on Phantom Zone) of Krypton, a planet ruled by wise guys (well between wiseness and politics, politics wins and people gets hurt, that's why Krypton was destroyed) that gathered the intelligence and knowledge from the 29 known galaxies (from the galactic neighborhood), something like the Green Lantern Corporation, except that Kryptonians were warriors before living peacefully and the Green Lanterns were supposed to be peaceful guys who wanted to control all (as the jews, arabs and hindus), which also make us part of their breed (after all, they explored all the galaxies around and knew of our existence). Meanwhile the self-called "God of Thunder", from the Asgardians, only knew 9 planets with life, and us the Midgardians are known and "protected" by them.
3. Superman was thought by the Holograms of his father and mother on all the knowledge about the Universe Physics and dimensions and that allows him to travel at light speed and do teleportation (at least on small distances). Meanwhile, Thor depends on a big black guy (Heimdall, at least on this movie version, we need to check who shot the film) that is shepherding him, taking him in and out of hard situations (as jews do, so, who shot the film?), even his brother Loki knows how to go in and out of Asgard, which makes Thor very illiterate and naive.
4. Superman controls how much strenght he shows (somehow as Goku, from Dragon Ball, does when he changes from one power stage to another from Saiyayin to SuperSaiyayin, etc; but Superman does it continuosly), because he just doesn't want to destroy all around and he wants to be understandable to other beings, that's why he speaks to a low pace. Meanwhile, Thor wants to show his powers and mumbles and there is always someone behind him protecting him, after all, the so called god, is part of a royal family at Asgard and will inherit it one day.
5. Superman can create thunders, generating friction with the air, just flying or waving his hands. Thor depends on MJOLNIR to create them.
6. Superman can defy gravity, Thor can thrust himself with his hammer.
7. Superman, doesn't need someone to tell him he is worthy, he is a good guy always, well until he gets ill by red kryptonite. Thor is a brawler most of the time noly because the other being is different or ugly or doesn't talk on his terms.
8. Superman can get killed only with kryptonite, but can come back to life if kryptonite is taken away, Thor can be killed by an Ice Giant or an Asgardian robot and needs MJOLNIR or his family and friends assistance to get back to life.
9. Superman can vaporize the whole planet with his laser sight or freeze it with his breath. Thor has problems to fight a bunch of Ice Giants with his hammer.
10. Superman can buy you a beer and carry you back safe home, Thor too, but you have to pay beers for both and all the jars he breaks.

So... please read guys... Superman always wins, he just wants to make people smarter because it is hard to have human feelings and stay so lonely (no matter that you have a Lonely Fortress), that's why he'll never kill Lex Luthor, Lex is just a toy to keep playing with. Because Lex wants to be a superman and his hate doesn't make him understand that once you become superman, life becomes too lonely.

Thor is the god of thunder, but any god want you to pray and beg for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.