Monarch Vs. Depowered Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harbinger
Monarch that took on Prime.

Random encounter with no prep for either character. Who wins?

Sin I AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dHYKop80vsI/TLZqrbnI2WI/AAAAAAAAACA/jBqtAJA39Yg/s1600/vb_monarch.jpg

the monarch wins!!

YoungGunna
Monarch

iceman24567
Monarch

Prep-Man
Monarch.

carver9
Tyrant

Batman-Prime
Monarch

Slaanesh
Monarch

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Tyrant

based on what

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
based on what

Based on Tyrant being more power. Arena Monarch stands more of a chance.

iceman24567
Based on Tyrant being more power. Arena Monarch stands more of a chance. You do realize arena Monarch is less powerful the the version being used here right? Trick question

zeel
monarch wins, tyrant needs to be at full power to beat this dude. Especially in a fist fight.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
You do realize arena Monarch is less powerful the the version being used here right? Trick question

He didn't show it at all and he displayed more power during this time.

iceman24567
He didn't show it at all and he displayed more power during this time. Going up against amped Prime in pretty much a slugfest showed it

carver9
Going up against amped Prime in pretty much a slugfest showed it

I understand that but he didn't display close to the power he had during the arena... liiiiiiike, the blasting power he used on that city that was seen on the outskirts of the planet.

iceman24567
Well he didnt want to destroy his army now did he? The purpose of Arena was to build his army why wipe it out fighting a child?

Lord_Talron
isnt monarch *basically* a guy in a tech suit? isnt tyrants thing technopathy? just sayin...

Damborgson
You do realize arena Monarch is less powerful the the version being used here right? Trick question laughing out loud laughing out loud

iceman24567
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
isnt monarch *basically* a guy in a tech suit? isnt tyrants thing technopathy? just sayin... Originally posted by Lord_Talron
isnt monarch *basically* a guy in a tech suit? isnt tyrants thing technopathy? just sayin... Not sure about his containment suit but its likely Tyrant could use those powers if he got within arms reach

Prep-Man
carver just got served.

quanchi112
Tyrant stomps.

Prep-Man
No, he doesn't.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by quanchi112
Tyrant stomps.
What has Depowered Tyrant done to be put above Monarch NOTHING
Monarch was whooping SMP Half the time, he was just mocking Prime telling him he's just a kid in a man's body and all. The only reason he lost was cause of bad writing and his arrogance and might I add that was a guardian powered Prime. Monarch was greater than any of the Heralds put together and I can prove it
Full powered Tyrant would beat Monarch though but not depowered T

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrnat wins after a pretty good fight. There is NOBODY monarch beat that Tyrant would be just as easily. So this whole notion that what Monarch showed was greater than what Tryant would be capable of is plain silly. Furthermore, the people Tyrant beat were in fact, MORE impressive than the people Monarch beat and I'm not sure Monarch could beat the same people. Lastly, Monarch suit would just be manipulated by Tyrant anyways, and that pretty much does that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
No, he doesn't. Tears right into his armor. Nothing Monarch can do to prevent that.

Originally posted by YoungGunna
Monarch was whooping SMP Half the time, he was just mocking Prime telling him he's just a kid in a man's body and all. The only reason he lost was cause of bad writing and his arrogance and might I add that was a guardian powered Prime. Monarch was greater than any of the Heralds put together and I can prove it
Full powered Tyrant would beat Monarch though but not depowered T Tyrant was beating a well fed Galactus who was ready for him in his own ship that's what. Tyrant has only lost off panel basically to Gaalctus and on panel to the un.

Monarch had his armor ruptured by a gl and was flat out beaten by normal prime strength.

You can't excuse anything to bad writing it just gives fanboys passes to dismiss what they hate and play up what they like.

YoungGunna
Tears right into his armor. Nothing Monarch can do to prevent that.

Tyrant was beating a well fed Galactus who was ready for him in his own ship that's what. Tyrant has only lost off panel basically to Gaalctus and on panel to the un.

Monarch had his armor ruptured by a gl and was flat out beaten by normal prime strength.

You can't excuse anything to bad writing it just gives fanboys passes to dismiss what they hate and play up what they like.
1)Your the biggest fanboy in existence so lets just get that straight
2)Do some research that was that was a guardian amped Prime who fought Monarch and his arrogance was the only reason he loss that fight
3)Were talking about DEPOWERED Tyrant so start reading the OP

Naija boy
Monarch

Lord Feron
Question to anyone: The type of energy Monarch outputs does anyone believe Tyrant can synthesize it? Or absorb it some how?

Bentley
Full powered Tyrant would beat Monarch though but not depowered T

Prime was running out of gas, and Monarch couldn't kill him. Monarch did underestimate Prime, but the fact he lost probably points towards a fully-powered SMP winning.

Prime would kill Tyrant anyways.

Bentley
I understand that but he didn't display close to the power he had during the arena... liiiiiiike, the blasting power he used on that city that was seen on the outskirts of the planet.

Carver, it seems you've read all about Monarch but you're doing a hell of a misrepresentation: Monarch doesn't need to show the same abilities for him to have them, he fought Prime and Prime was just that powerful, there is no reason for us to think Monarch was depowered.

Omega Vision
Monarch.

I don't see Tyrant beating 50 Captain Atoms at once...let alone a guy who more or less one-shotted 50 Captain Atoms at once and then became vastly more powerful than that as a result of absorbing their power.

And for anyone who tries to lowball Monarch by saying he couldn't put down Prime...wtf? He was toying with Prime/underestimating him...and even then you'd have to be a salivating Marvel Zombie to think that Prime wouldn't be a match for DP Tyrant.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Question to anyone: The type of energy Monarch outputs does anyone believe Tyrant can synthesize it? Or absorb it some how?

Well... OMAC-Prime tried to absorb Captain Atom's powers and CA just absorb them back, generating even more power. Other than that, we'd need proof for Tyrant to synthetize those energies methinks.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by Bentley
Prime was running out of gas, and Monarch couldn't kill him. Monarch did underestimate Prime, but the fact he lost probably points towards a fully-powered SMP winning.

Most of the stuff Prime did in the countdown was bullshit like surviving a universe buster by Monarch, Monarch was more powerful

YoungGunna
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Monarch.

I don't see Tyrant beating 50 Captain Atoms at once...let alone a guy who more or less one-shotted 50 Captain Atoms at once and then became vastly more powerful than that as a result of absorbing their power.

And for anyone who tries to lowball Monarch by saying he couldn't put down Prime...wtf? He was toying with Prime/underestimating him...and even then you'd have to be a salivating Marvel Zombie to think that Prime wouldn't be a match for DP Tyrant.
THANK YOU, Monarch was mocking prime the whole time

celestialdemon
Monarch wins

carver9
Uuummm... Monarch fought alternate reality Atoms... not impressed at all since we really don't know their power level. With that said, I could see Tyrant doing the same thing.

YoungGunna
Uuummm... Monarch fought alternate reality Atoms... not impressed at all since we really don't know their power level. With that said, I could see Tyrant doing the same thing.
Who has Depowered Tyrant beat that was so impressive?

carver9
Who has Depowered Tyrant beat that was so impressive?

A group of high heralds. People that we know how powerful they are than some alternate reality beings that Monarch fought.

Omega Vision
Lulz. This coming from the guy who wanks King Hyperion.

YoungGunna
A group of high heralds. People that we know how powerful they are than some alternate reality beings that Monarch fought.
None of those heralds are on the level of a guardian amped Prime
Monarch killed numerous Supermans and Capitan Atoms and had a universe
THIS IS DEPOWERED TYRANT!!!

carver9
Lulz. This coming from the guy who wanks King Hyperion.

And that is the main reason I am saying what I am saying... I learned it from the best... you all. Things are only right when it aids you huh?

Like I said, he fought nothing but alternate reality beings.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Monarch.

This is a joke right? Tyrant couldn't beat 50 atoms at once LOL LMAO. Monarch can one-shot them... but Tyrant... oo no... he'd struggle.. GTFO. Name me the strongest STONGEST person Monarch BEAT please. The strongest person Tyrant beat was Galactus...when you can name me someone more powerful then that, we can talk, until then all you have is 50 CA at once and go Tyrant couldn't beat them lulz

KuRuPT Thanosi

Prime would kill Tryant... bwahahaa... Prime would get tooled with gestures.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
This is a joke right? Tyrant couldn't beat 50 atoms at once LOL LMAO. Monarch can one-shot them... but Tyrant... oo no... he'd struggle.. GTFO. Name me the strongest STONGEST person Monarch BEAT please. The strongest person Tyrant beat was Galactus...when you can name me someone more powerful then that, we can talk, until then all you have is 50 CA at once and go Tyrant couldn't beat them lulz
Its Depowered Tyrant read OP before posting thanks

Omega Vision
There's context you're ignoring in the Galactus instance, whereas in basically all of Monarch's victories it was a straight up kill.

Who's the most powerful character DP Tyrant beat without a plot device?

quanchi112
1)Your the biggest fanboy in existence so lets just get that straight
2)Do some research that was that was a guardian amped Prime who fought Monarch and his arrogance was the only reason he loss that fight
3)Were talking about DEPOWERED Tyrant so start reading the OP 1)off topic rant
2)I read the fight he did fight guardian amped Prime but it was his regular strength after he shrunk back down which ripped his suit apart.

3)Depowered Tyrant was beating Galactus. I read the op and was correct with my assessment.

Monarch.

And for anyone who tries to lowball Monarch by saying he couldn't put down Prime...wtf? He was toying with Prime/underestimating him...and even then you'd have to be a salivating Marvel Zombie to think that Prime wouldn't be a match for DP Tyrant. I don't see Monarch beating Galactus either since this seems about the crux of your argument. Galactus>>50 atoms.

celestialdemon
The strongest person Tyrant beat was Galactus

Context.

Bentley
Prime would kill Tryant... bwahahaa... Prime would get tooled with gestures.

Pleeze, Tyrant couldn't kill a weakling like Thanos -a few upgrades ago-, with gestures. He'd get torn into pieces and thrown into space just like the Anti-Monitor, who by the way, is stronger than Tyrant too.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Its Depowered Tyrant read OP before posting thanks

I know. Try actually reading anything with DP Tyrant in it before posting

quanchi112
Pleeze, Tyrant couldn't kill a weakling like Thanos -a few upgrades ago-, with gestures. He'd get torn into pieces and thrown into space just like the Anti-Monitor, who by the way, is stronger than Tyrant too. Prime couldn't beat a guy like superboy by this sort of logic. Originally posted by celestialdemon
Context. Who beat Tyrant other than Galactus the first time they fought ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Context.

Really do elaborate further. I know all the narration that make it clear there was no context behind his victory.. even from the actions and mouth of Big G himself. So please, tell me, what context makes you think the victory doesn't count

YoungGunna
You guys lost I'm out

Bentley
Prime couldn't beat a guy like superboy by this sort of logic.

Except he killed Superboy. Also, kryptonians are more physically impressive than Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
There's context you're ignoring in the Galactus instance, whereas in basically all of Monarch's victories it was a straight up kill.

Who's the most powerful character DP Tyrant beat without a plot device?

Really? Just like I asked the others what CONTEXT are you referring to? I have narration after narration that says there was no context involved at all.. Tyrant was simply that powreful and Big G and even his own heralds know this. So please... elaborate.. what context.

I ask again, who is the STRONGEST charater Monarch beat.. actually beat please

celestialdemon
Who beat Tyrant other than Galactus the first time they fought ?

Who has Tyrant fought other than Galactus? A few heralds and Thanos whom he couldn't put down?

Bentley
Really? Just like I asked the others what CONTEXT are you referring to? I have narration after narration that says there was no context involved at all.. Tyrant was simply that powreful and Big G and even his own heralds know this. So please... elaborate.. what context.

I ask again, who is the STRONGEST charater Monarch beat.. actually beat please

Didn't Tyrant use Galactus tech against him? That tech is Korvac level.

bbrem123
This is a joke right? Tyrant couldn't beat 50 atoms at once LOL LMAO. Monarch can one-shot them... but Tyrant... oo no... he'd struggle.. GTFO. Name me the strongest STONGEST person Monarch BEAT please. The strongest person Tyrant beat was Galactus...when you can name me someone more powerful then that, we can talk, until then all you have is 50 CA at once and go Tyrant couldn't beat them lulz thumb up

quanchi112
Who has Tyrant fought other than Galactus? A few heralds and Thanos whom he couldn't put down? So beating down elite top tiers like children and hanging with Thanos while at the same time punking Galactus and taking his own heralds suggests he's weak sauce ? WTF.

celestialdemon
Really do elaborate further. I know all the narration that make it clear there was no context behind his victory.. even from the actions and mouth of Big G himself. So please, tell me, what context makes you think the victory doesn't count

Really? Then you must know that Tyrant wasn't doing crap to Galactus until for some idiotic reason Galactus decided to use tech to train Tyrant's power, which backfired. Nevermind that Galactus beat down the original full-powered Tyrant on his own before or that he didn't need tech to make Tyrant at the level he's at right now.

quanchi112
Really? Then you must know that Tyrant wasn't doing crap to Galactus until for some idiotic reason Galactus decided to use tech to train Tyrant's power, which backfired. Nevermind that Galactus beat down the original full-powered Tyrant on his own before or that he didn't need tech to make Tyrant at the level he's at right now. So by this logic is the lakers beat the mavericks one time they beat them every time. Wow.

Bentley
So by this logic is the lakers beat the mavericks one time they beat them every time. Wow.

Quan, Galactus tech built freaking Korvac, who in turn one-shotted a freaking Elder of the Universe. Tyrant didn't beat Galan under his own powers, the tech he uses likely has better feats than DP Tyrant himself erm

quanchi112
Quan, Galactus tech built freaking Korvac, who in turn one-shotted a freaking Elder of the Universe. Tyrant didn't beat Galan under his own powers, the tech he uses likely has better feats than DP Tyrant himself erm Galactus used his own tech on Tyrant further showing off how formidable Tyrant was since it wasn't Tyrant's move initially. Feats also don't undermine on panel comparisons. smile

You feat arguers make me chuckle. Hey that apperance doen't count because ten years ago this other writer had him crappin out feats left and right.

celestialdemon
So by this logic is the lakers beat the mavericks one time they beat them every time. Wow.

Wow. Horrible logic. My point is if Galactus could defeat and drain a more powerful version of Tyrant, what was the point of using a machine to drain a version that was doing nothing to him? Other than as a plot device?

quanchi112
Wow. Horrible logic. My point is if Galactus could defeat and drain a more powerful version of Tyrant, what was the point of using a machine to drain a version that was doing nothing to him? Other than as a plot device? That's like saying randy coutre lost against chuck liddell when he was younger and stronger so there's no way he can beat him in another fight older and weaker.

Galactus was desperate because his blasts were powering up Tyrant. Galactus obviously respected Tyrant's power hence every encounter he had with Tyrant heavily implied when these two throw down the ---- is going to hit the fan.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I will respond to both of you here.. This is the narration and context that is relevant....

1. When Galactus beat Tyrant the first time by no means was it easy... in fact, the battle destroyed Galaxies just from the collateral damage and it took a long long time. Which illustrates an obvious point... Just because Morales beat Pac the first time they fought.. didnt mean he wasn't worried about him the second time they fought. In fact, Pac won the 2nd and 3rd fight. Just because you win one, doesn't mean you win the second time.

2. Tyrant has been gaining power back for 1000's of years... that is what he's been doing is getting all his power back to challenge Galactus again. Which explains why Galactus feared him which I will get to. Point is, common sense tell us, if he's been gaining all his power back he's now once again a legit threat to Galactus, and has had years and years to get bettter with his power

3. Galactus BACKED DOWN from Tyrant the first time they met again. He backed down and let Tyrant take his herald from him with no fight. The reason HE cited... the collateral damage would again destroy galaxies. This is coming from a being who first is very arrogant and rarely views anybody as a challenge. Not ego, not in-betweener, mephisto in his realm etc etc. Not only is he arrogant but very much in touch with the universe and surely able to sense power levels very well. Surfer can do so, Galactus surely can and better

4. To build on 3... You don't backed down from somebody you are clearly stronger than. Does that sound logical to you? No it doesn't, but you would if you needed time to prepare because of how dangerous a foe is. Which brings up my next point... not only did he back down but he decided to prep AND FEED before his fight with Tyrant. How many times has Galactus SPECIFICALLY fed for a fight? Rarely if ever. Yet, he decided to do so (which by the way made Tyrant weaker) and fed on a planet ripe with nutrients and had him exclaim he hadn't felt this good in a long time. You don't back down, then feed and prep for somebody you are clearly above. He did so because he knew Tyrant was a legit threat to hiim, because afterall he was made in his own image.

5. Surfer who knows Galactus better than anybody and had felt BOTH of their power on seperate occasions.. said what... he must HURRY to the battle before THEY BOTH DESTROY EACH OTHER. Seems rather clear cut proof surfer even knew how powerful Tyrant was.

6. None of the narration and actions from the above were EVER said with the context or pretense that he is a threat.. because he can use Galactus own tech against him or absorb bse.. NOT ONCE. The actions and narration were directly about Tyrant's powerlevel and being a legit threat.

6. Tyrant fight with an AMPED THANOS who PREPPED for his battle with Tyrant... Thanos never prepped for Odin nor even wanted to fight Odin. Nor did he back down from Odin nor have any fear of dying when faciing Odin. Yet, a prepped and amped Thanos (after a decent fight back and forth) when Tyrant was about to get serious... admitted Tyrant would kill him if he stayed. Yet, never once, without prepping or an amp also felt Odin's power and never thought about leaving.

7. Lastly, the actual fight... Tyrant struck a blow against Galactus that did cause damage to Galactus which is clear to see by the noise he made the art. Galactus then, running out of options decides he needs to end the battle. He wasn't dominating the fight and then goes, ooo I'll try this... No, in fact, he was losing the battle and THEN decided to do that.

All of the above make it clear... there was no context. Tyrant was a LEGIT threat stated by numerous sources INCLUDING BIG G himself. Period. The fight played out just as the narration and actions of people prior to the fight... Tyrant was that powerful and clever

Bentley
Galactus used his own tech on Tyrant further showing off how formidable Tyrant was since it wasn't Tyrant's move initially. Feats also don't undermine on panel comparisons. smile

Yeah, Galactus threw him at his trash disposal and Tyrant seized the opportunity. Your faulty reasoning still ignores that Tyrant used Big G's tech, and as long as he used that incredibly powerful tech, it doesn't matter how Tyrant got there.

You feat arguers make me chuckle. Hey that apperance doen't count because ten years ago this other writer had him crappin out feats left and right.

Galactus's tech is more powerful than Tyrant, this has been stated countless time, including during Secret Wars and is a significant power up. Deal with it.

quanchi112
Yeah, Galactus threw him at his trash disposal and Tyrant seized the opportunity. Your faulty reasoning still ignores that Tyrant used Big G's tech, and as long as he used that incredibly powerful tech, it doesn't matter how Tyrant got there.

Galactus's tech is more powerful than Tyrant, this has been stated countless time, including during Secret Wars and is a significant power up. Deal with it. It doesn't matter if he used Galactus' tech he didn't use it in the first place Galactus did so all he did was counter an attack from galactus.

No, it isn't as it's never been stated as more powerful than Tyrant ever. Tyrant can bend the tech to his will anyways so all you are arguing is really that Tyrant can make this badass tech his badass *****.

Deal with the fact Gaalctus himself was weary of confronting Tyrant because he was uber powerful. Morg knew it, Galactus knew it, and the surfer knew it.

Tyrant easily breaks through Monarch's armor is Prime strength can do so.

Bentley
It doesn't matter if he used Galactus' tech

Beh, again with your denial. Honestly, I wanted to stop wasting my time as soon as I read this nonesense, but then again, I'll give it a few more rounds.

No, it isn't as it's never been stated as more powerful than Tyrant ever. Tyrant can bend the tech to his will anyways so all you are arguing is really that Tyrant can make this badass tech his badass *****.

Doom already controlled Galactus's tech. Hint: It's just tech, it can be used.

My argument is that Tyrant used that tech to level the battlefield, thanks to the incredible power of such tech. You're catching up.

Deal with the fact Gaalctus himself was weary of confronting Tyrant because he was uber powerful. Morg knew it, Galactus knew it, and the surfer knew it.

If he didn't need the tech, Tyrant could've just not-used the tech, and kicked Galactus, right? I love the fact you could write a psychology book about what Galactus felt and you completely ignore Tyrant's side of the coin. From the moment Tyrant started using Galactus's tech to attack him, we no longer care about his assumed "powerlevels".

Tyrant easily breaks through Monarch's armor is Prime strength can do so.

Oh, you're free to make an argument about that. Tyrant will just die in the following explosion.

quanchi112
Beh, again with your denial. Honestly, I wanted to stop wasting my time as soon as I read this nonesense, but then again, I'll give it a few more rounds.

Doom already controlled Galactus's tech. Hint: It's just tech, it can be used.

My argument is that Tyrant used that tech to level the battlefield, thanks to the incredible power of such tech. You're catching up.

If he didn't need the tech, Tyrant could've just not-used the tech, and kicked Galactus, right? I love the fact you could write a psychology book about what Galactus felt and you completely ignore Tyrant's side of the coin. From the moment Tyrant started using Galactus's tech to attack him, we no longer care about his assumed "powerlevels".

Oh, you're free to make an argument about that. Tyrant will just die in the following explosion. It doesn't matter since Galactus' own blasts were doing nothing. Galactus did so out of desperation.

Galactus initially used the tech to level the battlefield but Tyrant quickly countered. It's like saying oh you caught my kick and won the fight had I not attempted to kick you I would have won. You're like a football fan trying to argue if that guy didn't miss the tackle your team would have won. we argue based off what did happen.

Tyrant countered the attack. Why not use an advantage like so I mean Tyrant showed he can adapt to said tech it looks like Galactus can't and he was the fool who introduced it in the first place.

I disagree since the explosion is just a chain reactionary event that failed to even scratch a Monitor whose entire race was being beaten by top tiers.

Bentley
You know, you brought nothing new to the discussion, only a new way to lowball DC characters and refusal to aknowledge that tech matters.

quanchi112
You know, you brought nothing new to the discussion, only a new way to lowball DC characters and refusal to aknowledge that tech matters. This isn't a rebuttal I gave real life examples to further get my point across. I didn't make anything up so if a weaker character can survive this explosion why assume it destroys Tyrant ?

Bentley
This isn't a rebuttal I gave real life examples to further get my point across. I didn't make anything up so if a weaker character can survive this explosion why assume it destroys Tyrant ?

I agree it wasn't rebutal.

You've yet to prove Tyrant can pierce through the armor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I find it funny how Bentley avoided my post, but I know why... That IS THE CONTEXT before the fight that illustrated it was no fluke or luck Tyrant won the fight.

Thanks

Allankles
Your Morales analogy was off, since Morales got weaker between the first and second fights and weaker still before the 3rd fight while Pacquiao arguably got stronger between said fights.

Furthermore Tyrant was also weaker than he was originally when Galactus had first created him, which just further invalidates the comparison.

Bentley
I find it funny how Bentley avoided my post, but I know why... That IS THE CONTEXT before the fight that illustrated it was no fluke or luck Tyrant won the fight.

Thanks

I avoided your post because it was long. But also, you don't spend your free time lowballing DC characters which you don't read, or reading them out of spite. So let's say, for the sake of the argument, that I respect your opinion enough to let you express it without my intensive intrusion.

Only one question: Is Galactus's tech is uber, right?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I avoided your post because it was long. But also, you don't spend your free time lowballing DC characters which you don't read, or reading them out of spite. So let's say, for the sake of the argument, that I respect your opinion enough to let you express it without my intensive intrusion.

Only one question: Is Galactus's tech is uber, right?

Read my post, respond to that context and I'll answer your question. You won't so it's all good. My points stand

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Allankles
Your Morales analogy was off, since Morales got weaker between the first and second fights and weaker still before the 3rd fight while Pacquiao arguably got stronger between said fights.

Furthermore Tyrant was also weaker than he was originally when Galactus had first created him, which just further invalidates the comparison.

Ummm no and no. First, what are you basing morales being weaker then 2nd time on exactly? The 3rd time I agree. I'm curious about the second. Would you have preferred Pac v. JMM the first n second time? How about Joe F vs. Ali... was he Joe not worried about Ali the second time they fought cause he won the first fight? How about DeJesus vs. Duran when they fought multiple times? How about Sweat Pea vs. McGirt? No matter which analogy you use.. the point stands.. just because you beat someone the first time doesn't mean you are assured of victory the second time, nor does it mean the winner of the first fight is unconcerned the second time they fight.

Bentley
Read my post, respond to that context and I'll answer your question. You won't so it's all good. My points stand

I'd offer you a battlezone, but who are we kidding?

Let's do this: I'll take a swipe at you some other day -late night in France-, you won't budge and I'll call you Quanchi.

Or: We can go our ways without name-calling and as friends, I'll do a scout handshake on it if you want to.

celestialdemon
I will respond to both of you here.. This is the narration and context that is relevant....

1. When Galactus beat Tyrant the first time by no means was it easy... in fact, the battle destroyed Galaxies just from the collateral damage and it took a long long time. Which illustrates an obvious point... Just because Morales beat Pac the first time they fought.. didnt mean he wasn't worried about him the second time they fought. In fact, Pac won the 2nd and 3rd fight. Just because you win one, doesn't mean you win the second time.

Correct, but doesn't change the fact that Galactus was able to depower Tyrant without the use of tech.

2. Tyrant has been gaining power back for 1000's of years... that is what he's been doing is getting all his power back to challenge Galactus again. Which explains why Galactus feared him which I will get to. Point is, common sense tell us, if he's been gaining all his power back he's now once again a legit threat to Galactus, and has had years and years to get bettter with his power

So after 1000's of years, he gains enough power to where he can't put down Thanos after a brutal fight, but in just a couple of years after that fight, he now has enough power to challenge Galactus?

3. Galactus BACKED DOWN from Tyrant the first time they met again. He backed down and let Tyrant take his herald from him with no fight. The reason HE cited... the collateral damage would again destroy galaxies. This is coming from a being who first is very arrogant and rarely views anybody as a challenge. Not ego, not in-betweener, mephisto in his realm etc etc. Not only is he arrogant but very much in touch with the universe and surely able to sense power levels very well. Surfer can do so, Galactus surely can and better

And yet during the actual fight, Galactus treats Tyrant like he's nothing. His exact words were "I destroyed more powerful foes than you before this universe was born."

4. To build on 3... You don't backed down from somebody you are clearly stronger than. Does that sound logical to you? No it doesn't, but you would if you needed time to prepare because of how dangerous a foe is. Which brings up my next point... not only did he back down but he decided to prep AND FEED before his fight with Tyrant. How many times has Galactus SPECIFICALLY fed for a fight? Rarely if ever. Yet, he decided to do so (which by the way made Tyrant weaker) and fed on a planet ripe with nutrients and had him exclaim he hadn't felt this good in a long time. You don't back down, then feed and prep for somebody you are clearly above. He did so because he knew Tyrant was a legit threat to hiim, because afterall he was made in his own image.

Yet it was Tyrant's original desire to catch Galactus with his guard down, and it was his decision to find Galactus after he had just been fed. He thought he was powerful enough to beat Galactus. Obviously he thought wrong, at least not without PIS.

5. Surfer who knows Galactus better than anybody and had felt BOTH of their power on seperate occasions.. said what... he must HURRY to the battle before THEY BOTH DESTROY EACH OTHER. Seems rather clear cut proof surfer even knew how powerful Tyrant was.

Surfer felt Galactus' fear. He didn't feel that until Morg showed up with the UN, which Galactus has always feared to begin with.

Surfer wasn't at the battle at all. If he were, then why would he be worried about them destroying each other when Galactus' power had already been drained and couldn't stop Tyrant?

6. None of the narration and actions from the above were EVER said with the context or pretense that he is a threat.. because he can use Galactus own tech against him or absorb bse.. NOT ONCE. The actions and narration were directly about Tyrant's powerlevel and being a legit threat.

Probably because before this fight, Tyrant had never used Galactus' own tech against him or absorbed bse. Both of those abilities were created for the sole purpose of allowing the battle to turn out the way it did.

6. Tyrant fight with an AMPED THANOS who PREPPED for his battle with Tyrant... Thanos never prepped for Odin nor even wanted to fight Odin. Nor did he back down from Odin nor have any fear of dying when faciing Odin. Yet, a prepped and amped Thanos (after a decent fight back and forth) when Tyrant was about to get serious... admitted Tyrant would kill him if he stayed. Yet, never once, without prepping or an amp also felt Odin's power and never thought about leaving.

Thanos was not amped. He had an orb with him but nowhere it is stated it amped him. Nowhere does it even show that. He uses it as a weapon, and mostly a physical one.

7. Lastly, the actual fight... Tyrant struck a blow against Galactus that did cause damage to Galactus which is clear to see by the noise he made the art. Galactus then, running out of options decides he needs to end the battle. He wasn't dominating the fight and then goes, ooo I'll try this... No, in fact, he was losing the battle and THEN decided to do that.

Caused him damage? What was that? A scratch on his finger? His initial blast right in Galactus' face didn't do anything. Thousands of years of building his power lead to that?

Running out of options? Galactus blasted Tyrant once (which hurt him enough to question his course of action) and grabbed his "hair" once. That's it. Are those all the options a being of Galactus' power has available to him?

All of the above make it clear... there was no context. Tyrant was a LEGIT threat stated by numerous sources INCLUDING BIG G himself. Period. The fight played out just as the narration and actions of people prior to the fight... Tyrant was that powerful and clever

The fight proved that Tyrant wasn't nearly the threat he was made out to be. He did nothing to Tyrant at all despite prepping for him for thousands of years. It wasn't until Galactus decided to use tech to drain Galactus (again, something he's been able to do without tech before) that Tyrant got the upper hand.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First, offer me a battlezone lol.. On what exactly lol?

Second, I haven't called you any names that I can recall, nor do I intend to. If you're respectful I will be, it's that simple for both parties it seems.

Bentley
First, offer me a battlezone lol.. On what exactly lol?

Second, I haven't called you any names that I can recall, nor do I intend to. If you're respectful I will be, it's that simple for both parties it seems.

Well, someone already stole my thunder, but I'll try to follow up tomorrow, see you around. thumb up

Allankles
Ummm no and no. First, what are you basing morales being weaker then 2nd time on exactly? The 3rd time I agree. I'm curious about the second. Would you have preferred Pac v. JMM the first n second time? How about Joe F vs. Ali... was he Joe not worried about Ali the second time they fought cause he won the first fight? How about DeJesus vs. Duran when they fought multiple times? How about Sweat Pea vs. McGirt? No matter which analogy you use.. the point stands.. just because you beat someone the first time doesn't mean you are assured of victory the second time, nor does it mean the winner of the first fight is unconcerned the second time they fight.

Before the second fight he had lost a one sided fight to the unheralded Rahim and looked awful. The second problem with that analogy and the rest of the boxing analogies is that Tyrant was weaker than he'd been before.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Correct, but doesn't change the fact that Galactus was able to depower Tyrant without the use of tech.

So after 1000's of years, he gains enough power to where he can't put down Thanos after a brutal fight, but in just a couple of years after that fight, he now has enough power to challenge Galactus?

And yet during the actual fight, Galactus treats Tyrant like he's nothing. His exact words were "I destroyed more powerful foes than you before this universe was born."

Yet it was Tyrant's original desire to catch Galactus with his guard down, and it was his decision to find Galactus after he had just been fed. He thought he was powerful enough to beat Galactus. Obviously he thought wrong, at least not without PIS.

Surfer felt Galactus' fear. He didn't feel that until Morg showed up with the UN, which Galactus has always feared to begin with.

Surfer wasn't at the battle at all. If he were, then why would he be worried about them destroying each other when Galactus' power had already been drained and couldn't stop Tyrant?

Probably because before this fight, Tyrant had never used Galactus' own tech against him or absorbed bse. Both of those abilities were created for the sole purpose of allowing the battle to turn out the way it did.

Thanos was not amped. He had an orb with him but nowhere it is stated it amped him. Nowhere does it even show that. He uses it as a weapon, and mostly a physical one.

Caused him damage? What was that? A scratch on his finger? His initial blast right in Galactus' face didn't do anything. Thousands of years of building his power lead to that?

Running out of options? Galactus blasted Tyrant once (which hurt him enough to question his course of action) and grabbed his "hair" once. That's it. Are those all the options a being of Galactus' power has available to him?

The fight proved that Tyrant wasn't nearly the threat he was made out to be. He did nothing to Tyrant at all despite prepping for him for thousands of years. It wasn't until Galactus decided to use tech to drain Galactus (again, something he's been able to do without tech before) that Tyrant got the upper hand.

I'm curious, what disputes the fact that it was a long hard fought battle which lasted years before Galctus was finally able to win? Nothing. I'm curious though.. what are you basing him not needing tech to do something.

A brutal fight? What was brutal about it exactly? It lasted far fewer panels than the Odin vs. Thanos fight. Thanos PREPPED to fight Tyrant.. Didn't prep to fight Odin, shoot he didn't even want to fight Odin. He was amped which was made clear by the artwork that SHOWED IT GLOWING and RADIATING energy when he was firing blasts. When it wasn't used it was clear and lifeless.. like when they locked up in a test of strength. Then it was used.. when he blasted Tyrant it most certainly was via clear artwork in both situations. So a prepped and amped THanos admits Tyrant would kill him once he got serious and left. Yet, having also felt Odin's power nad not prepped nor amped and after a longer fight never once thought about leaving. That speaks volumes about who Thanos feared more and a clear indication of Tyrant's powerlevel

Treats him like nothing... you mean the part where Tyrant actually landed more attacks then Galactus did? Did you even read the fight?

Your logic is terrible, so now characters have to use all their abilites or the fight is null and void in your mind? Sorry but that goes against forum rules and logic. If we used your methodology we'd throw up 95% of all comic book fights. Just because Galactus didn't use other abilities doesn't mean we can say the fight was invalid. Galactus felt like he ran out of options and the writer conveyed that exact point.

You further proved my point, he caught galactus after he had just fed and after that even weakend him because he still knew he could take him... and that is EXACTLY what happeend.

Those aren't created powers... WHERE on God's green earth do you get that from. BOTH Galactus and Tyrant can absorb BSE energy.. period. Ya know since Tyrant is like is son/brother and MADE IN HIS IMAGE. The only difference is Tyrant is a better tecnopath than Galactus... That isn't a made up power... he's always had that power.

The fight proved EXACTLY what the narration and fear and build up was all about. They built up Tyrant to be a legit threat to galactus. Ya know because he was made in his image to be an equal.. and ya know cause Tyrant has been gaining all the power he had lost back and prepping to face Galactus.. Hmmm seems clear he would be a legit threat to Galactus and the battle played out just like that. You can't get around the fact that the actions and words of numerous characters make it clear Tyrant is powerful and a legit threat... guess what... the battle turned out to back up that fear.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Before the second fight he had lost a one sided fight to the unheralded Rahim and looked awful. The second problem with that analogy and the rest of the boxing analogies is that Tyrant was weaker than he'd been before.

Do I need to name all the times a fighter has taken an opponent lightly because they are a nobody.. only to turn around and win a big fight when they prepare for a solid foe?

Furthermore, Tyrant had been regaining all the power Galatus took from him for 1000's of years. That IS what he has been doing. Not only gaining it all back, but preparing to fight Galactus again, and one would assume getting better with his powers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well, someone already stole my thunder, but I'll try to follow up tomorrow, see you around. thumb up

Don't worry buddy he stole no thunder, they were even good responses. They basically were nut uh I didn't like the fight it was PIS.

quanchi112
I agree it wasn't rebutal.

You've yet to prove Tyrant can pierce through the armor. So you think a character with enough power to destroy galaxies in a fight with Galactus can't pierce the armor even though Prime did so at his normal strength. LOL.

Stoic
Tyrant would peel him out of that armor without much trouble, look at the damage that he did to Galactus' armor in their fight.

YoungGunna
You Guys keep talking about Full powered Tyrant this is Depowered T

KuRuPT Thanosi
:facepalm:

YoungGunna
Theres just no winning against fanboys

iceman24567
Monarch pummels him to death

Stoic
You Guys keep talking about Full powered Tyrant this is Depowered T

The thing here is that not only does Tyrant have a superior hide, but he can drain the energy from him.

Lord_Talron
so the consensus here is that tyrants technopathy is a non-issue?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Stoic
The thing here is that not only does Tyrant have a superior hide, but he can drain the energy from him. Tyrant can't drain Monarch erm

celestialdemon
I'm curious, what disputes the fact that it was a long hard fought battle which lasted years before Galctus was finally able to win? Nothing. I'm curious though.. what are you basing him not needing tech to do something.

On the actual artist depiction of the fight. When Thanos is explaining the story and says Galactus won and reduced Tyrant to is current state, it shows Galactus holding Tyrant in the palm of his hand and blasting him.

A brutal fight? What was brutal about it exactly? It lasted far fewer panels than the Odin vs. Thanos fight. Thanos PREPPED to fight Tyrant.. Didn't prep to fight Odin, shoot he didn't even want to fight Odin. He was amped which was made clear by the artwork that SHOWED IT GLOWING and RADIATING energy when he was firing blasts. When it wasn't used it was clear and lifeless.. like when they locked up in a test of strength. Then it was used.. when he blasted Tyrant it most certainly was via clear artwork in both situations. So a prepped and amped THanos admits Tyrant would kill him once he got serious and left. Yet, having also felt Odin's power nad not prepped nor amped and after a longer fight never once thought about leaving. That speaks volumes about who Thanos feared more and a clear indication of Tyrant's powerlevel

Thanos was there specifically to steal the orb and test himself against Tyrant. He succeeded and saw no further reason to continue. He even stated exactly that, saying that he won. With Odin, that wasn't the case. His goal was to subdue Odin in order to get him to help Thor. He was obviously failing to do that. In fact, Thanos did even less damage to Odin than he did to Tyrant.

So what if the orb was glowing. When Thanos shot Tyrant, Tyrant noted that Thanos was more powerful than the others had faced. Nothing about his strength being augmented in any way.

Treats him like nothing... you mean the part where Tyrant actually landed more attacks then Galactus did? Did you even read the fight?

I did. Post scans of where you think Tyrant was doing anything to Galactus other than annoying him.

Your logic is terrible, so now characters have to use all their abilites or the fight is null and void in your mind? Sorry but that goes against forum rules and logic. If we used your methodology we'd throw up 95% of all comic book fights. Just because Galactus didn't use other abilities doesn't mean we can say the fight was invalid. Galactus felt like he ran out of options and the writer conveyed that exact point.

No, they don't have to use all of their abilities in a fight. That's not what I'm saying. However, that's what you are implying. People don't run out of options unless they've tried everything they can. Galactus obviously hadn't.

You further proved my point, he caught galactus after he had just fed and after that even weakend him because he still knew he could take him... and that is EXACTLY what happeend.

No, he didn't know that. He felt like he could, but that doesn't mean he could.

Those aren't created powers... WHERE on God's green earth do you get that from. BOTH Galactus and Tyrant can absorb BSE energy.. period. Ya know since Tyrant is like is son/brother and MADE IN HIS IMAGE. The only difference is Tyrant is a better tecnopath than Galactus... That isn't a made up power... he's always had that power.

Really? Then what happened during their first fight when they hit each other with all kinds of energy blasts, yet neither one were absorbing them. Seems like those blasts were hurting each other pretty well.

The fight proved EXACTLY what the narration and fear and build up was all about. They built up Tyrant to be a legit threat to galactus. Ya know because he was made in his image to be an equal.. and ya know cause Tyrant has been gaining all the power he had lost back and prepping to face Galactus.. Hmmm seems clear he would be a legit threat to Galactus and the battle played out just like that. You can't get around the fact that the actions and words of numerous characters make it clear Tyrant is powerful and a legit threat... guess what... the battle turned out to back up that fear.

The fight proved exactly the opposite of what the hype was all about. No galaxies were destroyed, and there was no serious collateral damage. Hell, Galactus didn't even look worse for wear until after the power drain happened.

YoungGunna
Tyrant can't drain Monarch erm
Theres no convincing these guys

Stoic
Theres no convincing these guys

Prove that he can't absorb Monarch's energy.

YoungGunna
Prove that he can't absorb Monarch's energy.
Already tried you guys don't listen I'm done with this thread

Allankles
Do I need to name all the times a fighter has taken an opponent lightly because they are a nobody.. only to turn around and win a big fight when they prepare for a solid foe?

Furthermore, Tyrant had been regaining all the power Galatus took from him for 1000's of years. That IS what he has been doing. Not only gaining it all back, but preparing to fight Galactus again, and one would assume getting better with his powers.

And where was I in error in stating that Tyrant was weaker than he'd been before? As Galactus' herald? That disqualifies all those boxing analogies.

Stoic
And where was I in error in stating that Tyrant was weaker than he'd been before? When he was Galactus' herald? That disqualifies all those boxing analogies.

Tyrant was never a Herald, he was created to be a peer to Galactus.

Allankles
Tyrant was never a Herald, he was created to be a peer to Galactus.

Right.

iceman24567
Prove that he can't absorb Monarch's energy. This doesn't even make sense...

Bentley
Well, IMO we cannot discard two things that happened in those fights: 1) Tyrant became -or was- capable of absorbing Galactus's energy, and 2) he used Galactus's technology which is quite uber.

Because otherwise we have Tyrant fighting Thanos and some heralds in levels well beyond anything Galactus has ever shown. I mean, we saw Thanos on his knees begging Galactus merci after several upgrades, while he declared he "won" against Tyrant.

It's crystal clear that we aren't to suppose Tyrant is Galactus level.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Right.

Read the comics in question before posting then. Tyrant was no herald, in fact, he would be considered a son or brother. Galactus wanted a being just like him so he wasn't alone in the universe... he made Tyrant in his image to be that person. Tyrant is no herald, he was made to be Galatus's equal

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well, IMO we cannot discard two things that happened in those fights: 1) Tyrant became -or was- capable of absorbing Galactus's energy, and 2) he used Galactus's technology which is quite uber.

Because otherwise we have Tyrant fighting Thanos and some heralds in levels well beyond anything Galactus has ever shown. I mean, we saw Thanos on his knees begging Galactus merci after several upgrades, while he declared he "won" against Tyrant.

It's crystal clear that we aren't to suppose Tyrant is Galactus level.

Huh Bentley? It's also crystal clear Galactus can absorb the same BSE at Tyrant, thus that isn't an advantage for either party. Tyrant being a better tecnopath is just that, him being a better tecnopath.

Lastly, your conclusion is contradicted by numerous narratoin and actions that the writer made clear throughout every appearance of Tyrant. I even listed the narration and actions which you avoided again. If you care to show the illustration and actions that show we aren't suppose to consider Tyrant a threat to Galactus and I'll show the stuff that does... you realize you'll lose that badly right?

iceman24567

It's crystal clear that we aren't to suppose Tyrant is Galactus level. thumb up

quanchi112

It's crystal clear that we aren't to suppose Tyrant is Galactus level. Did you ever read the Tyrant/Thanos fight ?

Bentley
Huh Bentley? It's also crystal clear Galactus can absorb the same BSE at Tyrant, thus that isn't an advantage for either party. Tyrant being a better tecnopath is just that, him being a better tecnopath.

Being a better technopath matters because of what happened, we cannot assume about the things that didn't happen, right? Galactus tech came into play, Tyrant being the better technopath tipped any scales that might have given Big G an advantage or an equalizer against Tyrant's abilities. Being a better technopath doesn't mean you're the more powerful character, Cyborg Superman is a better technopath than Darkseid, but that doesn't make him as powerful.

Also, whether or not Galactus could absorb energy doesn't matter because he didn't absorb it anyways, for all we know Tyrant devised a technique to change his energy output and affect Galactus, after all, he's the one who had a plan to take on Big G. There is also the fact that Galactus doesn't like to fight very much, he is a rather uncreative fighter and seeks to avoid conflict, so discussing he rarely uses his powerset in a impressive matter despite possessing incredible powers.

Those possibilities are excluded from our reasoning, because Galactus didn't even try to absord T's energies. Tyrant affected the tech and used it, that's what we know -and it mattered quite a lot-.

Lastly, your conclusion is contradicted by numerous narratoin and actions that the writer made clear throughout every appearance of Tyrant. I even listed the narration and actions which you avoided again. If you care to show the illustration and actions that show we aren't suppose to consider Tyrant a threat to Galactus and I'll show the stuff that does... you realize you'll lose that badly right?

Who is stating that Tyrant wasn't a threat to Galactus? Of course he was, that's the whole point of the story arc. What I'm arguing is much simpler: Tyrant ain't as powerful as Galactus.

You see, the Fallen One and Beta Ray Bill had been a threat to Galactus before, Hiro Kala too; this doesn't give abstract level power to any of them, it just proves that Galactus can be endangered by someone with enough power and focused in putting him down. Sure, Tyrant is powerful -more than those I just brought up-, but being a threat to Galactus doesn't bump him above just any character because there were special conditions in their face off.

Bring your statements if you want to, but they better say "Tyrant is more powerful than Galactus", because we already know he can threaten him. Nothing new here.

Bentley
Did you ever read the Tyrant/Thanos fight ?

Was he on his knees an begging? Did he not say he got what he wanted?

I don't see how my statement is false.

quanchi112
Was he on his knees an begging? Did he not say he got what he wanted?

I don't see how my statement is false. How Thanos determines a victory in his eyes by leaving the battlefield doesn't take away from Tyrant. Leaving after taking an orb and withstanding Tyrant level power is a testament to both. Thanos also didn't dispute Tyrant's power superiority or statement he'd probably kill him like he did against Odin.

Thanos also knocked Galactus a lot further with one blast than he did Tyrant. Galactus was also well nourished and is more powerful than Tyrant anyways just not more formidable. Being more powerful doesn't mean unbeatable.

Bentley
How Thanos determines a victory in his eyes by leaving the battlefield doesn't take away from Tyrant. Leaving after taking an orb and withstanding Tyrant level power is a testament to both. Thanos also didn't dispute Tyrant's power superiority or statement he'd probably kill him like he did against Odin.

Thanos also knocked Galactus a lot further with one blast than he did Tyrant. Galactus was also well nourished and is more powerful than Tyrant anyways just not more formidable. Being more powerful doesn't mean unbeatable.

We both know Thanos took Galactus by surprise, he also knew he couldn't win. I don't disagree that Galactus is more powerful, my point is, precisely, that since Galan is more powerful than Tyrant, we should look at the plot to judge exactly what happened. And since there were many circumstances, Tyrant vs Galactus is just not the best way to messure Tyrant's power.

All to say that "X loses because Tyrant defeated Galactus" is a moot statement in any serious debate. Heck, you can argue that it barely matters in a battle between Tyrant and Galactus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Being a better technopath matters because of what happened, we cannot assume about the things that didn't happen, right? Galactus tech came into play, Tyrant being the better technopath tipped any scales that might have given Big G an advantage or an equalizer against Tyrant's abilities. Being a better technopath doesn't mean you're the more powerful character, Cyborg Superman is a better technopath than Darkseid, but that doesn't make him as powerful.

Also, whether or not Galactus could absorb energy doesn't matter because he didn't absorb it anyways, for all we know Tyrant devised a technique to change his energy output and affect Galactus, after all, he's the one who had a plan to take on Big G. There is also the fact that Galactus doesn't like to fight very much, he is a rather uncreative fighter and seeks to avoid conflict, so discussing he rarely uses his powerset in a impressive matter despite possessing incredible powers.

Those possibilities are excluded from our reasoning, because Galactus didn't even try to absord T's energies. Tyrant affected the tech and used it, that's what we know -and it mattered quite a lot-.

Who is stating that Tyrant wasn't a threat to Galactus? Of course he was, that's the whole point of the story arc. What I'm arguing is much simpler: Tyrant ain't as powerful as Galactus.

You see, the Fallen One and Beta Ray Bill had been a threat to Galactus before, Hiro Kala too; this doesn't give abstract level power to any of them, it just proves that Galactus can be endangered by someone with enough power and focused in putting him down. Sure, Tyrant is powerful -more than those I just brought up-, but being a threat to Galactus doesn't bump him above just any character because there were special conditions in their face off.

Bring your statements if you want to, but they better say "Tyrant is more powerful than Galactus", because we already know he can threaten him. Nothing new here.

Think about what you're saying for a moment bentley. Advantages determine winners of fights in the VAST majority of comic book fights. That is a common theme. Think about it.. that is like saying Superman is stronger or hits harder... and that determined who won the fight.. but doesn't make him more powerful.... wtf.. Do you see how silly that looks. Abilities and advantages determine fights in real life and comic books. Those variables certainly determine how powerful and formidable you are, not the opposite like you're trying to imply. Just because Tryant is a better tecnopath and used that to his advantage doesnt in anyway take away from the victory or make him any less powerful then Galactus.

You're missing a key part of the puzzle bentley. He is WAY more powerful than the people you named so that comparison is really lacking. You're not getting that Tyrant was MADE IN GALACTUS IMAGE to be his equal. That right there mean he is really really powerful and RIVALS him in power. Yes he lost the first time, but as proven earlier, just because you win one fight doesn't mean you win the second or can't lose. Tyrant was depowerd BUT BUT was regaining ALL his power back in the thousands of years since. He's be gaining it back and preparing to one day confront big g. So yes, that certainly makes him as powerful as Galactus not just a threat when you look at all the information and use common sense.

Allankles
His point seems to have flown right over your head. Atom was a threat to Darkseid in Rock of Ages, but we know he was nowehere near as powerful. Based on what we saw of Tyrant he was just about a little more powerful than Thanos who was a Trans tier guy at the time. Making him a low skyfather at best.

Dr. Doom was a threat to Galactus, that doesn't mean he's anywhere near as powerful. Superman and Ultraman were a threat to Mandrakk. I could do this all day. The point being, Tyrant wasn't as powerful as Galactus. The simple example given to demonstrate this power differential was how Thanos has done against both.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Allan man, you don't really have a clue what you're talking about. You thought Tyrant was a herald of Galactus. So really, you're not really versed in these characters at all. If you were, you would understand that being made in Galactus image TO BE HIS EQUAL means exactly that, he is around as powerful as Galactus. That simple facts proves that point beyond a shadow of a doubt. Well that, and the first fight lasting many years determine a winner which further proves they were around the same level. If you read the comics that point would be crystal clear

Allankles
Which is kind of besides the point. So I called him a herald, instead of a companion bot... It still doesn't eliminate the point that was made by Bentley, that being a threat to Galactus doesn't equate to being equal in power.

And to emphasize that this isn't just a generalization we have their encounters with Thanos as clear comparison of their respective power levels.

celestialdemon
Allan man, you don't really have a clue what you're talking about. You thought Tyrant was a herald of Galactus. So really, you're not really versed in these characters at all. If you were, you would understand that being made in Galactus image TO BE HIS EQUAL means exactly that, he is around as powerful as Galactus. That simple facts proves that point beyond a shadow of a doubt. Well that, and the first fight lasting many years determine a winner which further proves they were around the same level. If you read the comics that point would be crystal clear

Where does it say that the original fight lastest many years? We only know that it destroyed galaxies.

While yes, Tyrant was created to be more of a companion to Galactus rather than a herald, Galactus depowered him since then.

And yes, I know he's been building his power base for thousands of years, but that doesn't mean he's back to his original level by any means. Look at it like this. After all those thousands of years, Tyrant couldn't even put Thanos down after multiple attacks. Yet Galactus was able to put down an even stronger version of Thanos who was shielded with just one shot.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where does it say that the original fight lastest many years? We only know that it destroyed galaxies.

While yes, Tyrant was created to be more of a companion to Galactus rather than a herald, Galactus depowered him since then.

And yes, I know he's been building his power base for thousands of years, but that doesn't mean he's back to his original level by any means. Look at it like this. After all those thousands of years, Tyrant couldn't even put Thanos down after multiple attacks. Yet Galactus was able to put down an even stronger version of Thanos who was shielded with just one shot.

You keep on under playing the EXACT terminology used.. it wasn't a companion bot.. it was.. MADE IN HIS IMAGE.. it was... TO HAVE ANOTHER BEING IN THE UNIVERSE JUST LIKE HIM. Those lines prove my exact point that you guys can't get around, while your terminology makes it sound like he was just some robot buddy.

YOu do realize their actual fight PROVES he has at least gained all his power back and if not more right? He won the second fight, while lost the first fight. Of course it makes sense because Tyrant has been around MUCH longer regaining his power then he lived before Galactus depowered him. Thus, if you've been around longer, one would think with common sense (and exponential PC) that you'd be getter better with your powers.. even developing new ones to be an even bigger threat. Ooo wait.. that is EXACTLY what the writers at Marvel were trying to convey, and EXACTLY how it played out lol. Furthermore, are you forgetting that THanos blasted Galactus miles bouncing on a planet.. an amped and prepped Thanos could barely send Tyrant a few feet. Are you also forgetting that while Galactus did have Thanos on his knees and beat... it took a concentrated blasts and depleted Galactus of VITAL nutrients and he needed to feed again. It did so just by having to pierce a shield like he's never had to pierce before.

celestialdemon
You keep on under playing the EXACT terminology used.. it wasn't a companion bot.. it was.. MADE IN HIS IMAGE.. it was... TO HAVE ANOTHER BEING IN THE UNIVERSE JUST LIKE HIM. Those lines prove my exact point that you guys can't get around, while your terminology makes it sound like he was just some robot buddy.

Who cares? His image? Companion? Slave? It doesn't matter what the term is. We've already acknowledged he was created to be on Galactus' level. And he lost and was depowered. THAT'S what's important!

YOu do realize their actual fight PROVES he has at least gained all his power back and if not more right? He won the second fight, while lost the first fight. Of course it makes sense because Tyrant has been around MUCH longer regaining his power then he lived before Galactus depowered him. Thus, if you've been around longer, one would think with common sense (and exponential PC) that you'd be getter better with your powers.. even developing new ones to be an even bigger threat. Ooo wait.. that is EXACTLY what the writers at Marvel were trying to convey, and EXACTLY how it played out lol. Furthermore, are you forgetting that THanos blasted Galactus miles bouncing on a planet.. an amped and prepped Thanos could barely send Tyrant a few feet. Are you also forgetting that while Galactus did have Thanos on his knees and beat... it took a concentrated blasts and depleted Galactus of VITAL nutrients and he needed to feed again. It did so just by having to pierce a shield like he's never had to pierce before.

No, it didn't prove that at all. None of Tyrant's blast did anwhere near the damage they did during their first fight. In the original, Galactus actually looked ragged and battered. He was barely scratched in the second. How does that prove he was just as powerful if not moreso?

As for Thanos, he was stronger than he was during the Tyrant fight and blasted Galactus when he was unprepared. The only prep Thanos did for Tyrant was learn his origin and get the orb. And he attacked Tyrant when he was ready.

You still have yet to prove definitely that the orb amped Thanos in any way. Not even Tyrant acknowledged an amp. I know exactly what Galactus did. He brought Thanos to his knees in one shot. Doesn't matter how much energy he expended to do it. He was able to when Tyrant failed on a weaker Thanos.

quanchi112
We both know Thanos took Galactus by surprise, he also knew he couldn't win. I don't disagree that Galactus is more powerful, my point is, precisely, that since Galan is more powerful than Tyrant, we should look at the plot to judge exactly what happened. And since there were many circumstances, Tyrant vs Galactus is just not the best way to messure Tyrant's power.

All to say that "X loses because Tyrant defeated Galactus" is a moot statement in any serious debate. Heck, you can argue that it barely matters in a battle between Tyrant and Galactus. No, Galactus was aware of Thanos and the fact he was going to try and destroy Thanos so Thanos acted first. Galactus was also looking right at him. You can't be more aware than making your intentions known while staring at someone.

Galactus is more powerful but Tyrant has the power to defeat him when you look at his formidability as well.

It isn't moot since Galactus avoided a confrontation between Tyrant because of his power. Tyrant has no low marks on his resume and his only two defeats were to Galactus and the un. He's mopping the floor with someone who was beaten at Prime's level.

Bentley
Ok, I'll try to address both Quanchi and Kurupt without quoting to make my post slimmer.

@Quanchi: Tyrant most certainly had no "low showings" per se, but from his battle against heralds and Thanos, we get a very different idea of his powerlevel than from his "victory" against Galactus. We need to reconcile both ideas in a fashion that doesn't dismiss one or the other as bad writing, imo, the Galactus showing is the exception and the rest of the fights are the average.

I already explained how I came up with this conclusion: Tyrant showed two abilities which played a special part into his "beating Galactus", absorbing energy and controling tech. Those two things cannot probably happen against someone other than Galactus, since they didn't happen in any of his other combats, not even his first fight against Galan. What change? The fact that Tyrant was planning to overthrow Galactus fully knowing that Big G was more powerful, he had a plan of action, countermesures and power to back it up. It worked.

This doesn't make Tyrant a weakling in any sort, but it leads towards not basing all our data on his highest showing. Tyrant would be somewhere above Thanos and under Galactus, we should assume that not abyssmaly above Thanos given their fight. That's my entire point.

@Kurupt: Tyrant's technopathy was uber, but we should consider that it worked partly because Galactus tech is incredibly uber itself, if Tyrant had technocontroled Iron Man's armor, his ability would be pointless. Considering such circumstances, the technopathy showing isn't a good mesure to use Tyrant in a forum fight. Most of the time, without uber tech around, Tyrant won't get any advantage from his very powerful ability. That's why this case isn't at all as Superman's strength: Tyrant is so powerful that he needs incredibly uber technology for his technopathy to be useful (in the comic we're discussing it was the case).

I would also believe Tyrant to be incredibly uber if he had shown absorption abilities that worked in someone else aside from Galactus, but all the energy blasts he received didn't seem absorbed nor manipulated in any ways. Hence, we have to assume his ability to absorbe BSE energy is a perfect foil against Galan, and thus, cannot be considered useful to judge his combat against other characters. IF Tyrant was capable of absorbing energy from anyone, up to Galactus's strongest blasts, I'd be the first to admit his incredible power, but this isn't backed up by comics.

For the two reasons mentioned above, which I think are very true to Tyrant's character and to the arc in which he appeared, I cannot focus solely on his fight with Galactus as a mesure of power. I'm not saying we should dismiss it either, of course, technopathy and BSE absoption are abilities that Tyrant posseses to an extremely high level. But his battle with Thanos and the heralds are more similar to the fights he's likely to have in a random forum combat, and thus, the better mesuring stick.

quanchi112
@Bentley

Galactus has been frightened for his life against Thor so acting like Tyrant who is far more powerful than Thor and a rival of Galactus showing he has the power to beat him is indeed accurate.

Tyrant already had the power necessary to stall Galactus so his power already was enough to make Galactus give pause.

Well being at Tyrant's level of power I think there's no doubt he has the power necessary to breach his armor.

Bentley
Thor was a threat to Galactus because of the circumstances. Tyrant too, even if the circumstances were less restrained, the highest powers he showed were tailor made for his situation against Galactus, which helped his propose of resisting him.

Now, I think you can actually argue about Tyrant breaking the armor, it may not be that much of a stretch actually. The two things to prove are (imo), whether if the armor is technology based -Tyrant's technopathy being high level-, or whether Tyrant has enough power output to surpass those Monarch faced before. This, can be discussed more freely imo -I'm going ahead to say I don't know that much about Monarch to actually respond to this query, the only thing I know is that his showing against heralds are very impressive, and that I read his fight with Prime-.

Then we have the matter of the following explosion, which deserves a little attention. Since Tyrant is powerful, those arguments can be made. Personally I'd need to read arena to properly continue in those directions.

quanchi112
Thor was a threat to Galactus because of the circumstances. Tyrant too, even if the circumstances were less restrained, the highest powers he showed were tailor made for his situation against Galactus, which helped his propose of resisting him.

Now, I think you can actually argue about Tyrant breaking the armor, it may not be that much of a stretch actually. The two things to prove are (imo), whether if the armor is technology based -Tyrant's technopathy being high level-, or whether Tyrant has enough power output to surpass those Monarch faced before. This, can be discussed more freely imo -I'm going ahead to say I don't know that much about Monarch to actually respond to this query, the only thing I know is that his showing against heralds are very impressive, and that I read his fight with Prime-.

Then we have the matter of the following explosion, which deserves a little attention. Since Tyrant is powerful, those arguments can be made. Personally I'd need to read arena to properly continue in those directions. Yes, Thor was but his power level is far less than Tyrant's so it makes sense that a less powerful character can defeat Galactus like Tyrant.

Well if you read his fight with Prime then you know enough since neither character has even been challenged by a herald or group of heralds.

The following explosion didn't harm a Monitor or his shield.

Prep-Man
This doesn't even make sense...

I know, plus the same can be said about Monarch.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Bentley that was a good response, while I don't agree with some of it, it was a good response and those are appreciated.

I think you're missing two key points though Bentley...

First, Tyrant IS a threat to Galactus NOT because of his Tecnopath abilities nor his absorption. Those are abilities he has that makes him a formiidable opponent, but not THE reason he was a threat to Galactus. The reason he was and this was made clear in narration after narration about his orgin and later narration which continued to make the point. He was made in Galactus's IMAGE. He was meant to be an EQUAL of Galactus. You keep on glancing over this point, but it's the MAIN reason he is a threat. Think about it this way... I PAC made a clone of himself to be just as powerful as himself.. Would he be a threat because of his viscious left hand or speed or would the MAIN OVERALL reason he is a threat be because he was made in HIS IMAGE TO BE ON HIS LEVEL. No matter how you try and make it about certain abilities can never ever replace the fact that it comes down to his origin. This is why Galactus feared confronting him and took the actions he did. Never ONCE was it stated he did so because he was a tecnopath or because he could absorb BSE.. Never once. He was a threat because of his orgin AND powerlevel. The fact that he had been regaining all his power back and likely getting better with his powers or developing new ones made him even more formidable.

The next point you're missing is that EVERY comic book character is a threat because of their abilities. This is NOTHING new or exclusive to Tyrant. Is Superman a threat to DS because of his speed, strength and h2h skills? YES. Is sabertooth a threat to wolverine because of his strength and h2h skills. YES. However, that doesn't mitigate them from being a overall threat just because you name ways in which they are. That only reinforces the point.

The facts that can never be gotten around are these... narration and action after action make it clear Tyrant was a threat to Galactus and he feared a confrontation with him. He backed down.. he prepped.. he had morg get the UN just in case... All these things make it clear beyond a shadow of a doubt it was because of his orgin and thus by default how powerful he was. Never ONCE was it stated it was because he was a tecnopath or can absorb BSE. If it did, you may have a point, but even then it wouldn't be much of one considering that is true for every comic book character. It doesn't matter which abilities were used and which weren't. That is irrelevant to powerlevels and being a threat. If superman use h2h to beat DS.. we don't go he only won because of h2h.... well duh.. that is what he does... that is what makes him a threat.. that doesn't minimize nor take away the win because he won that way. Same with Tyrant. It really couldn't be more clear than that

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.