The Atom vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
palmer doesn't get much respect or luv in the forum, and he is always hard to place in vs match-ups. could he conceiveably take out thor if he blood-lusted and utterly bent on killing the god of thunder? battle takes place on a deserted island. smile

Harbinger
Don't know much about the Atom, but couldn't he just do to Thor what he did to Pratt during BN?

leonidas
kinda curious about that myself.....

cdtm
If he slips in Thor's ear or something, he could win. If he tries simply slugging it out, while remaining too tiny to hit (He can control his mass so that his diminutive form throws full grown punches), Thor wins it with an area attack.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
If he slips in Thor's ear or something, he could win. If he tries simply slugging it out, while remaining too tiny to hit (He can control his mass so that his diminutive form throws full grown punches), Thor wins it with an area attack.

that's sorta what i was thinking....

Prep-Man
Tough one. Atom can also outsmart Thor easily. Or just build something to take him out.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
that's sorta what i was thinking....

what if Thor omni's, but shoots himself with his lightning first?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Entering the body of a Thunder God might not be the smartest tactic:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesDestructionStormGiants2.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/OmniLightning5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/OmniLightning6.jpg

Thor wins.

leonidas
if he's subatomic, i don't see a lightning-charged thor being an issue. he can shrink small enough that the electrons flooding thor wouldn't matter. he's travelled uber-powered-cables in the past easily as well as phone cables. he could always simply travel WITH them if he needed to, or perhaps rearrange the subatomic particles. he's done something similar to clark in the past.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Atom shrinks down enough to become subatomic, what kind of damage would he be able to do by being inside of Thor? I'm not sure how the process would work in a comic. The last time I saw Atom try this kind of tactic, he was large enough to interact with the physical parts of the victim.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If Atom shrinks down enough to become subatomic, what kind of damage would he be able to do by being inside of Thor? I'm not sure how the process would work in a comic. The last time I saw Atom try this kind of tactic, he was large enough to interact with the physical parts of the victim.

if he's subatomic, (which he doesn't always do for reasons similar to the reasons flash doesn't always fight at top speed or thor doesn't have his hammer do all the work for him while he mentally controls it) he can interact with the subatomic particles in the body of the person he resides in. he could conceiveably do..... pretty well anything with said particles. restructure them in whatever way he knows of--and palmer is uber smart. he also retains his own mass and strength as i'm sure you know. or he could be subatomic and then grow full size in an instant and literally blow thor up from the inside out....

atom's a beast.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Well, Rock of Ages Palmer did kill Darkseid by lasering his brain.

Without a laser, he should still be able to cause major damage to other body parts. Say, by navigating to his circulatory system, and grow big enough to plug a major artery. Shrinking Violet did that to one of Darkseids minions in The Great Darkness Saga, and it's nothing Ray can't replicate, nor wouldn't be able to think of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.