Rots Anakin vs Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediMaster97
The grand master of the order who was considered to be the most powerful jedi of her time or the chosen one?

1.Sabers

2.Force

3.All out

Pwned
So, the most powerful jedi of her time, against THE most powerful jedi of ALL time? (In raw strength of course)

I would say Anakin in force if he overpowers her, though she definately has more refinement.

Idk Sateles saber feats.

Cant say.

Lucius
She has roughly 12.5%-6.25% of Revan's DNA so she's clearly on a galaxy spanning level of powaah.

Zampanó
Revan + Bastilla
= 0.50 Revans
+ {other}
= 0.25 Revan
+ {other}
= 0.125 Revans

But this assumes that the other partners are all (im)pure 0.00 Revan. That is unlikely; Revan (1.00 Revans) was merely the highest concentration of Bane!Zannah!Essence_Transfer recorded. It is very likely that all of the partners were at least 0.01 Revans strong with the Bane!Zannah!Essence, yielding a greater Revan score for Steele by at least a factor of two.

It is a quirk of the notation that the unit of measure is the Revan, but the name of the scale relates to adherents many generations removed from that great Force titan. This is because it was not clear until many years after the initial collections of Bane!Zannah!Essence measurements that the quality in question was best standardized and traced to Revan. By that point this (now obviously flawed) convention had become entrenched. Hopefully the new generation will learn a more intuitive system.

Lucius

Zampanó
Originally posted by Lucius
So, she's on a Local Group level of powaah.
Yes exactly. And see my edit.

truejedi
I don't even care. Revan's a chump.

Lucius
Originally posted by truejedi
I don't even care. Revan's a chump.

Just watch, it will turn out that Carth knocked Bastila up and Satele Shan is really descended from Carth.

truejedi
Is Karpshyn's story going to be a prequel to KOTOR, a rehash of KOTOR, or a sequel to Revan's doings AFTER KOTOR?

I would find the third option there the most appealing.

Lucius
Is Karpshyn's story going to be a prequel to KOTOR, a rehash of KOTOR, or a sequel to Revan's doings AFTER KOTOR?

I would find the third option there the most appealing.

After KOTOR. Taking place around the same time as KOTOR II... although apparently it covers five years of time.

truejedi
good deal. that will be worth reading. In all honestly THAT is what KOTOR II should have been about.

Slash_KMC
yep

Just like Mass Effect 2 is a clear sequel to Mass Effect 1, the same should've been done for Knights of the Old Republic. The plot could've been to discover why Revan and Malak were turned to the Dark Side in the unknown regions.

JediMaster97

Slash_KMC
Dude, Anakin has Force Speed too!

JediMaster97
But Satele ist still a better force user.

Nephthys
I don't recall anything Anakin's done (when not In teh Zone) that matches up with the MaSsIvE rock Satele blew up in that trailer thingy. Closest I think is his fight wit Ventress in the CWC.

truejedi
made the two force creatures do his bidding yo!

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't recall anything Anakin's done (when not In teh Zone) that matches up with the MaSsIvE rock Satele blew up in that trailer thingy. Closest I think is his fight wit Ventress in the CWC.

Slash_KMC
Why are you assuming this isn't Anakin "in teh zone"? The thread says RotS Anakin, not RotS Vader.

Nephthys
Becuase 'in teh zone' Anakin is not his usual incarnation. It's like the guys who go into the Avatar Force state. They're not usually that good.

axel_jovan

Nephthys
Not sure. But I think not, as Obi-Wan's like that throughout the entire book iirc. He probably just has an unusually strong connection to the Force. He is, imo, the epitomy of the Jedi.

axel_jovan
I concur.
Kenobi is guided by the force, listening to its will, letting it flow through him and so on. Epitome of Jedi indeed.

I wonder, was ZoNE Anakin in this Avatar state, or rather is was sth different, like a Chosen One thing or sth.

Nephthys
Anakin is an incredibly messed up individual, and his own inner termoil holds him down alot. There are times when he is able to master his own abilities and do incredible things, I.E. The Dooku fight, the Chosen One thing of TJ's and maybe when he first beat Ventress in the CWC. The former is the best example because it outright says whats happenning, but all it takes is for Dooku to taunt him a little and he completely loses it, instantly starting to lose the fight because of it.

axel_jovan
Yeah, I agree with this. ZonE Anakin is the one not restraining himself anymore.

Stealth Moose
But he's not exactly directing himself wisely either. He's just an instinctive maelstrom of power and hate. This clouded his judgment and he got tooled.

axel_jovan
Correct.

truejedi
agreed on Kenobi. It is why i think the killing of Maul was NOT PIS. It was Kenobi's unusually strong affiliation to the force that allowed him to move faster than Maul could react.

Pwned
Originally posted by JediMaster97
THE most powerful jedi of ALL time???WTF? As I said, in pure, raw, undiluted strength in the force, Anakin is canonically themost powerful thing to ever exist, Luke shortly after, due to the "Son of the Force" thing or w/e

DARTH POWER
agreed on Kenobi. It is why i think the killing of Maul was NOT PIS. It was Kenobi's unusually strong affiliation to the force that allowed him to move faster than Maul could react.

Well it was PIS, because Darth Maul was being a moron not finishing Obi-Wan off with another Force Push.

The attack Obi-Wan made should not even have been possible as Maul had the complete vertical high ground.

So the only explanation to Obi-Wan pulling this off is that Maul was not expecting an attack, and had no idea Obi-Wan even had a weapon.

But I do agree Obi-Wan is the perfect Jedi, and Im sure he did make an exceptional connection to the force before he killed Darth Maul.

truejedi
it is noted in TPM novelization in fact.

Jinsoku Takai
it is noted in TPM novelization in fact.

I hate cute babies!

BTW - Satele Shan wins.

truejedi
you love it.

Lucius
Satele Shan is kind of a vain woman. Who wears full makeup into battle? I mean complete with exotic looking eye-shadow and pale blue lipstick?

Jinsoku Takai
Satele Shan is kind of a vain woman. Who wears full makeup into battle? I mean complete with exotic looking eye-shadow and pale blue lipstick?

She's badass.

Q99

Force users spend all kinds of way too much time on their appearances smile Sith especially.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Nephthys
Becuase 'in teh zone' Anakin is not his usual incarnation. It's like the guys who go into the Avatar Force state. They're not usually that good.

But obviously he's meant in that state in this thread, or else it wouldn't be ROTS Anakin. When else did he really fight before becoming Vader during ROTS?

chilled monkey

Darth Bane wears makeup including heavy eye-shadow all the time, including going into battle.

Farfalla was also a vain guy who spent more time choosing his clothes than planning strategy.

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
But obviously he's meant in that state in this thread, or else it wouldn't be ROTS Anakin. When else did he really fight before becoming Vader during ROTS?

Not necessarily. The ROTS means that this is Anakin after fighting the Clone Wars for three years, as opposed to say, his AotC self. By ROTS, his skills had increased greatly from his AotC self due to the experience he had gained.

Anyway, Satele wins here. Besides being very powerful in her own right, she's a lot more level-headed (meaning better control of her power) and probably more skilled too, having grown up in an era when Jedi and Sith fought all the time. True, Anakin has battled his share of enemy Force-users (Ventress, Tyrannus etc), but I'd say she still has an edge there.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Not necessarily. The ROTS means that this is Anakin after fighting the Clone Wars for three years, as opposed to say, his AotC self. By ROTS, his skills had increased greatly from his AotC self due to the experience he had gained.

He's saying you cant distinguish between ROTS Anakin and "Zone" Anakin, because the only time we see Anakin(Jedi) in a Lightsaber fight in ROTS is when he goes all uber. Therefore "Zone" Anakin = ROTS Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.