Team vs Borg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Xavier has been captured by the Borg onboard their cube ship. A team has been dispatched to bring him back. Once onboard the team quickly discovers that the Professor has been assimilated already and that their trip was pointless. Still, here they stand on a Borg Cube alone and now fend for their very lives. How do they do?

Rescue Team
*Captain America (Ultimate Avengers)
*Data armed with a phaser rifle, tri-corder, and hand-phaser
*Iron Man (Mark V - "Suitcase Armor"wink
*T-800 (feats from films 1, 2, and 4) armed with only a Winchester 1887 with plenty of ammunition to spare
*Wolverine (Hulk vs.)
*Nomak

Things to Consider
*Captain America is leading the team and everyone will follow his commands.
*Nomak has just fed off fresh blood and is at full strength.
*The Borg are just as they are seen in the films and movies. No energy or projectile weapons allowed here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c&feature=related

Impediment
Resistance is futile.

jaden101

BruceSkywalker
team causes some damage early on, however as soon as the borg adapt it is over for them

K-Dog
Can xavier use his powers against them? If so, Cap and Wolverine and Iron Man are out.
If they can stay in it, the team may have a chance. In the Star Trek TNG series, the borg could be immune to phaser fire unless it was continually being fired on altered frequencies, and even that didn't last long. If they have any such defense against Data's phasers and/or IronMan's weaponry, the team has no chance.
They (Borg)did move pretty slow, so if the team can be shooting bullets/phasers/energy weapons while being back-to-back they should be able to last a very long time. Wolverine could slash and protect a reloading terminator and Cap could help with that too.

Team wins if Xavier can't mind-screw them and if Borg are vulnerable to energy weapons. Otherwise no. They will need Hulk!

jinXed by JaNx
Nothing can withstand Wolverines adamantium rage. His claws pwn the borg.

Darth Martin
Xavier isn't in the fight per say. Just know he's been assimilated. Telepathy isn't an issue here.

How do you think Iron Man will fare? He's in the weaker suit here.

dadudemon
Since the Borg can transport them...

There was never a chance because of that.

BruceSkywalker
the only chance Prof. Picard has would be if he is able to "put them to sleep", however the borg win due to sheer numbers alone, certainly some drones will be destroyed however the borg will eventually adapt and assimilate

Darth Martin
Adapt to what? Bullets, superhuman strength, adamntium claws, etc.?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Adapt to what? Bullets, superhuman strength, adamntium claws, etc.?

I find it very hard to believe that adamantium claws and super human strength can get through shields.

You cannot cut an energy shield with some really really sharp, no matter how sharp.

steverules_2
Would wolverine's healing factor fight the nanobites that the borg use to assimilate species? If so then I could actually see wolverine taking them down...he's a beast...he'd slice through all of them with ease I doubt I can use the Star Trek next generation/X-men crossover as an example here.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by dadudemon
I find it very hard to believe that adamantium claws and super human strength can get through shields.

You cannot cut an energy shield with some really really sharp, no matter how sharp. facepalm

Someone needs to re-watch First Contact.

BruceSkywalker
besides all the knowledge Xavier has will make this fight end very quick way before it even starts

Darth Martin
Xavier is not in the fight. He's just the reason they're on the ship.

jaden101
Originally posted by steverules_2
Would wolverine's healing factor fight the nanobites that the borg use to assimilate species? If so then I could actually see wolverine taking them down...he's a beast...he'd slice through all of them with ease I doubt I can use the Star Trek next generation/X-men crossover as an example here.

Species 8472's immune system was able to destroy the nanobites so I'm guessing they probably could. Again though, he'd just get transported out into the space. The end.

Darth Martin
Have the Borg ever showed any ranged capabilities besides what they showed in the Season 6 storyline?

Impediment
Technically we have to go with movie feats only, so Star Trek: First Contact is going to have to be the canon source.

Robtard
facepalm

I've though about that scene; the Thompson Gun Picard fired was a hologram as were the bullets that came out of it. So likely what Picard killed the Borg drones with in the halodeck were tiny modified force-fields and not actual bullets. IIRC, Picard does command the computer to turn off the safely protocals.

dadudemon
facepalm

I know: get to watchin', son.

While you're at it, you need to watch all of TNG.

When you find an example of a REALLY sharp blade cutting through shields (forcefields, like in the brig), then I'll be wrong.

Since I am definitely right, don't bother because you'll waste your time looking. Still watch it thought because it's good stuff.

Darth Martin
The force fields on the Borg drones and the ones on the Enterprise are completely different. The ones on the Borg drones are strictly energy based AFTER they've adapted to that particular energy. Physical objects such as bullets, swords, etc. can harm them. How do I know this? Because we've seen Borg susceptible to gunfire, melee attacks, H2H combat, etc.

Sir, I believe I'm right, thank you very much.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dadudemon

You cannot cut an energy shield with some really really sharp, no matter how sharp.

worf did it.

though borg shields don't work like normal forcefields, so it doesn't really matter etc...

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
worf did it.

though borg shields don't work like normal forcefields, so it doesn't really matter etc...

But wasn't that "adapated" to and not simply overloading to force field with blunt force? (Meaning, the borg were being retards and their shields were not setup for blunt force, at that point.) I was referring to federation shielding like the brig.

Robtard
I don't think there's an example of the Borg drone shields stopping kinetic energy such as blades and fist. Which is lame though, as the Borg are aware of Star Fleet shielding, just be a matter of adapting them onto the drones.

Doesn't really matter though, the team can only kill drones; they can't win this fight in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.