What combo would u rather have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Pick one combo and why?

Green Ring + Blue Ring

Mjolnir + Belt of Strength

TheLordofMurder
Mjolnir+Belt all day long...

If I get Mjolnir, I get Thors powerset...plus a x2 strength buff!?

There is no contest IMHO...

Q99
Rings. *Far* more flexible.

Though weather control + flight is pretty awesome.

Sin I AM
just give me the gem of cytorrak and call it a day

TheLordofMurder
Rings need to be recharged though; Mjolnir never needs something like this...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Rings need to be recharged though; Mjolnir never needs something like this... Blue ring automatically recharges the green ones and holds them on a power level above 100%

StiltmanFTW

There is no contest IMHO...

And what if you're not worthy? stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
just give me the gem of cytorrak and call it a day

pshh... wuts that gonna do...?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And what if you're not worthy? stick out tongue

for the sake of argument u are.. u have all the will in the world and you are as honorable as Steve Rogers.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Q99
Rings. *Far* more flexible.

Though weather control + flight is pretty awesome.

You wouldnt have weather control. That's Thor's power. He can control weather without the hammer.

I would want the hammer and belt of strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hammer and Belt.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Blue ring automatically recharges the green ones and holds them on a power level above 100%
Assuming you have enough hope. Im a realist. Combo 2 ftw.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
pshh... wuts that gonna do...?

it'll allowme 2 put on a strap on and skull fukc a ring bearer and some geek wilt a belt and fancy hammer

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
You wouldnt have weather control. That's Thor's power. He can control weather without the hammer.

I would want the hammer and belt of strength.

u a fool... u get the power of Thor..

"who so ever holds this hammer...if he be worthy..shall possess the power of you know who..."

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Assuming you have enough hope. Im a realist. Combo 2 ftw. Going by my own the blue ring would be totally useless laughing out loud thread starter specified though you have as mcuh as possible of will and hope for threads sake.

Batman-Prime
This is a hard one really. I think one would be more powerful with the Thor combo but you could do much more with the Rings, as much as your imagination and you will allows. In the end I think you could make the world better with the Ring combo.

StiltmanFTW
Big hammer. Wow. Can't even lift the damn thing.

Belt of strength, awesomeness. Doubles my absolutely non-superhuman strength.

But I get it's still better than trying and failing to use rings without proper training.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
it'll allowme 2 put on a strap on and skull fukc a ring bearer and some geek wilt a belt and fancy hammer

yo... u's gots some issues... u gotta relieve some of that inner anger..

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
This is a hard one really. I think one would be more powerful with the Thor combo but you could do much more with the Rings, as much as your imagination and you will allows. In the end I think you could make the world better with the Ring combo.

plus the blue ring amps the green rings like no other... it's a helluva combo..

embarrasment

Parmaniac

"who so ever holds this hammer...if he be worthy..shall possess the power of you know who..." http://i55.tinypic.com/e1c3zt.jpg

Damborgson
Mjolnir and Belt.

Hyperion Prime

"who so ever holds this hammer...if he be worthy..shall possess the power of you know who..."

That's only if you are worthy. Just being some bum on the street you get an Uru rock on a stick. OP didn't say you were worthy. big grin

Parmaniac

Q99
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Blue ring automatically recharges the green ones and holds them on a power level above 100%

Yea, as long as I have hope and will, I'm set.

Sin I AM
meh............they hammers great and all but honestly i wouldnt want to lug it around...and i dont care for lantern rings...there are so many more artifacts out there

Parmaniac
I'm humble just give me the heart of the universe or something...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
That's only if you are worthy. Just being some bum on the street you get an Uru rock on a stick. OP didn't say you were worthy. big grin

read one of the above posts.. I already said for the sake of argument u are worthy.. jeez.. ya'll dont ever know how to have some fun...

Batman-Prime
I would take Batmans utility belt and the Batmobile

TheLordofMurder

StiltmanFTW
I remember reading Black&White Batman issue in which it was theoretized that GL ring could do pretty much anything, including erasing all evil from existence.

Not sure if it was canon though.

celeyhyga17
Oh yeah...the exotic powers...the real "meat" of the win:

Soul Suck; very very few opponents can stand up to this...its almost a "win" button.
Dimensional Travel; being able to travel to whatever dimension I want is a nice bonus.
Anti-Force; one of Thors most devastating attacks...I think he took out Mangog with it.
Energy Absorption; Thor can absorb energy attacks projected against him, amplify it, and redirect it against his opponents...very uber.

Thats just off the top of my head; Thors powerset is very very uber...

I dont really like resorting to Wiki, but this is the easiest way...
Some of you may be selling the power ring combo short.
Many know the capabilities of a gl ring, but the synergy with a blue ring can make someone pretty uber...

Blue

Main article: Blue Lantern Corps

As the Sinestro Corps War ends, former Guardians of the Universe Ganthet and Sayd create the first blue power ring. The home planet of the Blue Lanterns and the Central Blue Power Battery is the planet Odym, an idyllic planet orbiting the star Polaris. Blue power rings are fueled by hope; they give their users the most power, but they must be near an active Green power ring to tap into their full potential. Otherwise, the blue rings are only capable of default abilities (flight and a protective aura). This is because hope requires willpower to enact it. Blue rings must be fueled by true hope in order to operate at their user's command.

While within the proximity of a Green Lantern's ring, a blue ring can heal wounds, neutralize the corrupting effects of a red power ring, block the energy-stealing properties of orange rings, can drain the power from yellow power rings, and recharge a green power ring to twice its maximum power level. If a Blue Lantern wishes it, it can also dampen the hunger caused by the orange light. A noteworthy ability of blue rings is the power to scan a target's psyche and create illusions based on their hopes. A blue power ring is capable of feeding off the hope of other beings, eschewing constant recharging while still performing impressive feats, including reversing a dying sun's age. Blue rings can also grant precognitive visions to their wielders

just food for thought...

Lord Feron
Are we assuming the two ring won't ever run out of juice and we already know how to use them? Do we assume we know how to use the hammer and all of it's powers?

If I have full command of both options. I'm going for the rings. Fact is with those rings in the real world would be far more useful imo. I can build anything I want and I can do damn near anything if I have enough juice and will.

Parmaniac
The blue ring is retconned in the recent comic release week there was an issue showing a blue lantern creating a construct.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Are we assuming the two ring won't ever run out of juice and we already know how to use them? Do we assume we know how to use the hammer and all of it's powers?

If I have full command of both options. I'm going for the rings. Fact is with those rings in the real world would be far more useful imo. I can build anything I want and I can do damn near anything if I have enough juice and will.

u will still need charging from time to time... but the synergy b/n them will make charging a lot less often...

u will have to learn how to use the powers granted to you...

CosmicComet
The rings.

The hammer is too obvious looking, doesn't look all that cool anyway, and then it would suck having to carry it around.

But I agree with Sin that I would pick the gem of cytorrak over either combo. Biggest immediate pay off, with immense depths to explore.

Lord Feron
u will still need charging from time to time... but the synergy b/n them will make charging a lot less often...

u will have to learn how to use the powers granted to you...

Hmmm... In that case I think it's harder to use Thor's abilities if you don't know how to. Like how to summon magical energy and open portals and shoot magical energy out.

With the ring I think its easier, it's built for anyone to use and I'm sure there in itself has information that can help you. Right? Can't the ring guide you and help you use it? I thought it was also like a universal encyclopedia (am i crazy? lol)

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Hmmm... In that case I think it's harder to use Thor's abilities if you don't know how to. Like how to summon magical energy and open portals and shoot magical energy out.

With the ring I think its easier, it's built for anyone to use and I'm sure there in itself has information that can help you. Right? Can't the ring guide you and help you use it? I thought it was also like a universal encyclopedia (am i crazy? lol)

Didn't Green Arrow like nearly have a stroke trying to get a ring to make a...green arrow?

Yeah, confusing, I know.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Didn't Green Arrow like nearly have a stroke trying to get a ring to make a...green arrow?

Yeah, confusing, I know.

thats true, he was trying to distract sinestro. And he said it took alot out of him. So yeah idk. The ring offered no asistance then but then again he didn't really have time to get a crash course since he was about to get killed.

BattleMage

There is no contest IMHO... thumb up

Black bolt z
Assuming I can lift it? Mjolnir.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The rings.

The hammer is too obvious looking, doesn't look all that cool anyway, and then it would suck having to carry it around.

But I agree with Sin that I would pick the gem of cytorrak over either combo. Biggest immediate pay off, with immense depths to explore.

u sir are my new friend lol

h1a8
You can do far far more things with the ring, almost the same things the hammer can do but more.

With both rings you could move planets and other huge objects, create many other hands to assist you, you can create any type of construct (a home or mansion), shoot all types of energy (even lightning), teleportation, travel at instant speeds (speeds far far above light speed), become invisible (like Invisible Woman), time travel, have complete resistance against tp, allows users extra sensory abilities like seeing in other spectrums and diagnosing diseases, have telepathy, hypnosis, have the ability to put beings in suspended animation, able to phase through objects, accelerated healing and able to put parts of body back together (yours and others), instant cure from viruses and other diseases (in case you get aids from screwing that broad), able to absorb oneself into the ring and live in a world of your choosing indefinitely (if you want then you can be God in your own little virtual world), can shrink yourself and others to molecular size, animate non living matter and have complete control over it, could duplicate yourself into many of yourself and in which each being has the same powers as you, can extract any info from dead beings (things they use to know and such), can transmute matter, can alter yours and others dna to become any species (even Superman if his dna is known).

And more.

I would choose the rings just for the fact I don't have to worry about not being able to have my hands free all the time.

psycho gundam
sounds good until you factor in willpower as a fuel source

good luck with that

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
sounds good until you factor in willpower as a fuel source

good luck with that The OP said with the rings is unlimited will power. Although that's not practical it is what the OP stated.

StyleTime
In the real world, I opt for the rings hands down. I won't run into other superbeings and don't really have to worry about combat. I think I could get more practical usage from the rings.

Blair Wind
Most definitely the rings. Much more versatile.

illadelph12
Rings; real world or comic.

Slaanesh
Ring..it's just better..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
The OP said with the rings is unlimited will power. Although that's not practical it is what the OP stated.

I meant more that the wielder wont have will issues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.