What's better? SpidySense/DD's Radar/MN'ers Implant/Ravager's Precog etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
There are some others I couldn't fit in the title. Such as cosmic awareness or Wolvie's senses. Add more he you don't see your favorite. Anyway, which is the most useful "sense" for a hero? Not just for battle, but for being a superhero. What has the most drawbacks? I've always thought DD's radar is the best and worst sense in comics.

psycho gundam
spidey's saves him from dying the most i'd say

Mindset
Spider sense.

long pig
Yeah, but it's very limited. It can't tell him if someone is lying like DD'S radar or the best way to defeat an enemy like MNer's implant. I'd actually say, when she masters it, Ravager's pre cog would be vastly superior.

long pig
Well, calling it very limited is lowballing, but you know what I mean.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by long pig
Yeah, but it's very limited. It can't tell him if someone is lying like DD'S radar or the best way to defeat an enemy like MNer's implant. I'd actually say, when she masters it, Ravager's pre cog would be vastly superior.

Radar sense allows Matt to "see" what's around him.

Superhuman hearing and sense of smell make him able to detect lies.

~The Wickerman~
For me, it'd be a toss-up between Toph's vibration earth-sense (from avatar the last airbender) and DD's radar. Maybe a cool combination of the two.

Assuming I don't have to lose my eyesight to get'em though.

wildernesss
daredevil's radar sense was FAIL during the Infinity War opener. every major hero was called to a meeting at the FF's building to discuss the appearance of dopplegangers. it was a massive crisis, & out of everyone, Wolverine was the ONLY one who immediately knew reed richards & iron man were dopplegangers. it took daredevil time to catch up to what logan knew instantly. his ability to detect a lie is amazing and his olfactory senses & other senses are pure WIN. Wolverine takes this a easily as a slice of cake.

Scoobless
Guys like Magneto and Graviton have shown (occasionally) the ability to sense any movement or disturbance in their respective forces.

Graviton was able to track one individual girl on the other side of the world and kill her with a hurled stone.

Of course Heimdel (sp?) can pretty much see and hear everything, everywhere.

Sin I AM
fantomexs' misdirect is the bomb

Batman-Prime
Batmans omniscience.

SasuOna
Originally posted by wildernesss
daredevil's radar sense was FAIL during the Infinity War opener. every major hero was called to a meeting at the FF's building to discuss the appearance of dopplegangers. it was a massive crisis, & out of everyone, Wolverine was the ONLY one who immediately knew reed richards & iron man were dopplegangers. it took daredevil time to catch up to what logan knew instantly. his ability to detect a lie is amazing and his olfactory senses & other senses are pure WIN. Wolverine takes this a easily as a slice of cake.
Good thing they noted they were talking about their sense of smell and not DD's radar sense. In fact I'm pretty sure theres an annual were DD states the only person with a better sense of smell is then him is Wolverine.

DD can't use his radar sense to detect dopplegangers all he would see is their appearance as is.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmm.......pop quiz who was the only mainstream hero who could detect skrulls?

Lord_Talron
i thought none of them could?

tophs radar has the limitation of not being able to sense anything in the air. altho she can sometimes track things that are thrown.

anyways i think dd's radar is tha bomb

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmm.......pop quiz who was the only mainstream hero who could detect skrulls?

3D man? (AKA Triathlon)

batdude123
Originally posted by wildernesss

Which is PIS when you consider Matt's history.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Batmans omniscience.

This.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Scoobless
3D man? (AKA Triathlon)

u sir know you comic lore

Parmaniac
Ironically later pretty much everyone could detect Skrulls.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Ironically later pretty much everyone could detect Skrulls.

true but i loved the premise of the event..........

Parmaniac
true but i loved the premise of the event.......... Me too but I was disappointed with the extreme jobbing of all those Super Skrulls.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Scoobless
3D man? (AKA Triathlon) i thought triathlon wanst "mainstream" though..

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Me too but I was disappointed with the extreme jobbing of all those Super Skrulls.

That and the overall crapiness of the event.

srankmissingnin
The correct answer to the trivia question is Black Panther. Unlike 3D Man, Panther is actually a mainstream hero. The Panther god gave him a dues ex machina ability to see the "souls" of the Skrulls or some such nonsense. Boom! T'Challa knowing about the Skrull invasion, having means to detect it and still not telling anyone, is just one of many reasons why he is an *******.

And the correct answer to the OP would be Cosmic Awareness by far. Even the lower levels take a shit on everything else mentioned.

Lord_Talron
erm but doesnt cosmic awareness f*ck you up if you arent built to handle it?

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
erm but doesnt cosmic awareness f*ck you up if you arent built to handle it? I only recall that happening to Genis, and he probably has the best CA displays in comics.

cdtm
Can't Dream Girl see ten minutes into the future?

That's how she beat those Time Guards or whatever they are, who only see something like five minutes ahead.

Lord_Talron
how can you possibly function, constantly being able to see tem mins ahead in time?

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
And the correct answer to the OP would be Cosmic Awareness by far. Even the lower levels take a shit on everything else mentioned.

The problem with Cosmic Awareness, is it gives info on EVERY potential timeline. It's simply too much information to sift through.

Or that's how it seemed for Genis. And his Cosmic Awareness didn't exactly save him from getting hit or struggling in certain fights...

cdtm
how can you possibly function, constantly being able to see tem mins ahead in time?

Or maybe it's ten seconds. Been awhile since I read that story.

I know Dream Girl can actually see 72 hours ahead, but that's just her dreams.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
Can't Dream Girl see ten minutes into the future?

That's how she beat those Time Guards or whatever they are, who only see something like five minutes ahead.

She has longer visions that weren't constant, but also yea, she can focus on short term for combat usage. Not minutes, just seconds, but still.

Page

And these two had *just taken down Shadow Lass and Karate Kid*, but she was terrifying to them.

Threeboot Precog was an incredibly impressive precog talking either long or short term.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The correct answer to the trivia question is Black Panther. Unlike 3D Man, Panther is actually a mainstream hero. The Panther god gave him a dues ex machina ability to see the "souls" of the Skrulls or some such nonsense. Boom! T'Challa knowing about the Skrull invasion, having means to detect it and still not telling anyone, is just one of many reasons why he is an *******.

pffft, was t'challa even in SI i dont recall him being there....anyway i like 3-d man better he's mainstream in my world smokin'

StiltmanFTW
pffft, was t'challa even in SI i dont recall him being there....anyway i like 3-d man better he's mainstream in my world smokin'

He was, he was defending Wakanda from Skrulls.

SamZED
i thought none of them could?

tophs radar has the limitation of not being able to sense anything in the air. altho she can sometimes track things that are thrown.

anyways i think dd's radar is tha bomb That was at first i think. Sometimes she was shown sensing projectiles she had no buiseness sensing.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by SamZED
That was at first i think. Sometimes she was shown sensing projectiles she had no buiseness sensing.

Yeah but even so, sand = her kryptonite. What I meant to say in my post was that a Toph-like sensing ability, the ability to know where everything around you 360 degrees is, and what it's doing. Like DD, but I said Toph's cause I liked the animation of what it looks like stick out tongue (and cause Toph = win)

SamZED
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Yeah but even so, sand = her kryptonite. What I meant to say in my post was that a Toph-like sensing ability, the ability to know where everything around you 360 degrees is, and what it's doing. Like DD, but I said Toph's cause I liked the animation of what it looks like stick out tongue (and cause Toph = win) The Melon Lord > all

~The Wickerman~
The Melon Lord > all

The Melon Lord vs. Sparky Sparky Boom Man.

eek!

Scoobless
i thought triathlon wanst "mainstream" though..

He was in the Avengers for a decent length of time, and he got a lot of face time during the whole Initiative/Skrull thing.

Lord_Talron
That was at first i think. Sometimes she was shown sensing projectiles she had no buiseness sensing. she can predict projectiles because the people that threw them were on the ground. she can predict their arc from how they were thrown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.