The Unofficially Official POTC 4 Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaeh
Hi guys! I'm back. Yeah, I am. pretty much. I sadly disappeared due to waning interest because of potc 3 and because life was getting quite busy - college and stuff (almost graduating O.O).

But since Pirates 4 kinda climbed out into the sunshine and dazzled me with its awesomeness I climbed out of my hole too. big grin Man did I MISS this fandom.

So like, anything brought on by POTC 4 - news, dates, reviews, anger, sadness, happiness, etc. that cannot be expressed by one topic because it would be too small to put in a topic can be put here, I guess. I think.. you know, if you guys agree and all, lol.

PLEASE SPOILER-IZE your spoilers and PUT WARNINGS. thanks. smile

Anyway... Post already xD

----------------------------------------

i personally loved the fact that Jack's head and heart were shown more in this movie, especially when compared to Blackbeard and Barbossa. Jack really IS the nicest pirate captain anyone would probably ever meet. O.o

And I love Angelica. O.O She was awesome. I liked her better than Lizzie. I think Imma let go of the whole Sparrabeth shipping and just ship JackxPearl. I'm not sure I like Jack to be tied down by any shipping except for his Ship. big grin

And btw, does anyone know/remember whatever happened to Jack's hat? T.T

Tramps Lady
Well... (may be a spoiler?)

...He had it when fighting Angelica, and escaping from the king and what not, and when he was drugged and put on the Queen Anne's Revenge, he didnt have it...

Or so i recall..

Welcome back my Jaeh Muffin! XD

Jaeh
*bows* thank you!

oh, oh, on another forum I'm on, someone posted a good question:

and if so, I wonder how Gibbs survived...

Tramps Lady
mmm

Honestly, i dont know.

I think that if anything, they didnt survive, or they're not around... because Barbossa was the captain of the Pearl when it was taken by Blackbeard - and he survived. I think it's possible they were killed, but it's also possible that they could be trapped in the bottle, but I think that it's only possible for the monkey to remain in the bottle, because he's undead.

so yeah?

Jaeh
aww, i hope they're alive tho. T.T

we have certain wth moments on that website that i agree with, namely:

the awesomest question posted (for me at least):

potcfan2003
How do you spoilerize? I've forgotten sad For now I'll just have to be vague: I'm interested in that scene after the credits, and how that will effect the next movie. And did anyone else catch the "freedom" allusion to COTBP?

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by Jaeh
aww, i hope they're alive tho. T.T

with the mermaid question, well
no, she didn't have to give the chalices back, but she only gave them back when Angelica was poisoned, and she said "don't waste my tear", which would be, frankly, "give it to her, because Blackbeard's a d**k." So it was more as a "save a life" thing than "take it for yourself".

I guess that's a good explanation?

I don't know how to respond to the Teach question, I just assumed it was Flying Dutchmanny.

As for Jack and Gibbs
start a new pirate army for sure!

Originally posted by potcfan2003
How do you spoilerize? I've forgotten sad For now I'll just have to be vague: I'm interested in that scene after the credits, and how that will effect the next movie. And did anyone else catch the "freedom" allusion to COTBP?

1. text smile

I thought that scene was amaaaazing.
I just immediately thought that
jack will be going through a lot of pain
hehe

potcfan2003
Okay thank you smile And I can't wait to see his reaction when suddenly he feels pain and has no clue why :P I wonder how they'll get the ship out of the bottle... If Tia Dalma hadn't been set free I'd say they might take a trip to see her haha

Jaeh
I keep imagining that they'll break it on the hull of a ship. lol xD

"Augh! What - urgh - Gibbs! Where is that coming from do you see anything - *thud* argh."

Angelica: Bwahahahahaha *hits doll, hits doll, hits doll*

after a while...

"It stopped. It finally stopped."

Angelica: *whistling, gives away doll to a kid*

lol, OOC, but meh xD

oooh, i love the scene when the zombiefied guy threw the doll over the cliff xD I lol'd when Jack also felt it and screamed

Tramps Lady
That was one of my favourite scenes smile

Jaeh
oh yeah, and the part where jack kissed judi dench was cute lol. "that's it?" hahaha

potcfan2003
I know! Haha I was cracking up. And then it cuts to him with her earring in his mouth :P

siriuswriter
My god, I want to see this. Unfortunately, my funds do not cover extraneous activities, and we all know that if I somehow get my grubby hands on enough, I'll be seeing Harry Potter as much as I can.

Jaeh
you shooould sirius! it's awesome on screen! but if you really srsly couldn't you could do netflix instead. >.< it's just not the same tho sad

ibd4eva
WOAH HEY GUYS OK COOL IT'S BEEN A FREAKING LONG TIME.

oh and yes. pirates 4 was freaking amazing.

a-k-a-amber
Agreed. 4 pulled off its storyline so well. I freaking love these characters.

queeq
PIrates 4 was a serious disappointment. The first hour was a mere caricature of the others... I kinda picked up with the excellent mermaid scene. But slumped at the end.

Major mistakes: unconvincing opening with Sparrow as a judge, bringing back Barbossa in a rather obsolete role and the total NON-USE of the Spanish. Disappointing and the weakest of the four.

Jaeh
I thought that POTC 4 was at the very least, better than 3. I thought that one was a huge disappointment. At least this one, though weak, tied up lose ends (although not all and still left loads of questions) unlike POTC 3 which left gaping circles of doom.

Although, yeah, there was a definite disappointing lack of Spanish-y action. They could've used it more.

DethRose
I dunno this movie wasn't that good to me. I didn't like Angelica at all. Jack's true love will and always be the sea and adventure

richlaura7
I climbed out of my hole too. big grin Man did I MISS this fandom.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.