Metro man vs All-Star Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
Metro Man has gone rogue. Superman (from All-Star Superman) is the only one who can stop him. Does he succeed?

Fight takes place in Metro City.

Rogue Jedi
MM is red?

NemeBro
All-Star Superman could kill Metro Man by breathing hard.

This is not an exagerration. no expression

Rogue Jedi
MM is WAY faster.

NemeBro
Wait.

I feel stupid now.

I forgot there was an All-Star Superman movie. Never saw it. Nevermind.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
Wait.

I feel stupid now.

He has pretty much the same feats.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
MM is WAY faster.

Don't know about that. Supes flew from Earth to the Sun in mere seconds.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ares834
He has pretty much the same feats.

Don't know about that. Supes flew from Earth to the Sun in mere seconds. And when MM explained how he used his super speed to think his situation over at the beginning of the movie? Did you see all that he did?

Robtard

All Star Superman was silver-age Superman and then some. He could basically do anything he put his mind to.

ares834
And when MM explained how he used his super speed to think his situation over at the beginning of the movie? Did you see all that he did?
Yeah, but he didn't seem to go far faster than lightspeed. Superman went like 50 times as fast as lightspeed.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, but he didn't seem to go far faster than lightspeed. Superman went like 50 times as fast as lightspeed. You need to watch Megamind again. MMan was eating, flying a kite, reading novels and shit, and was still back before it was noticed that he was gone.

ares834
You need to watch Megamind again. MMan was eating, flying a kite, reading novels and shit, and was still back before it was noticed that he was gone.

Yeah, and that still doesn't mean he was going even ten times the speed of light.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, and that still doesn't mean he was going even ten times the speed of light. He was gone for at least an hour or so (his perception of time). He hung out in the park, had lunch, read several books in the library. And he was back instantly.

I don't have the patience to do the math.

ares834

Board Walker
One must keep in mind, Metro man opened the observatory door and left it open for his duration of his soul searching before coming back. No light entered through that door when he opened it, it stood still at the doors entrance, even though the sun was angled so that the light would be pouring in, it didnt even move past the doors shadow at the foot of it.

With this in mind, Metro man, opened the door so fast, spend a day soul searching, and returned, that the light did not even move, an inch.

When time returned to normal, even if an ounce of light came in, the viewes perceiving at normal speed would of seen the room brighten, which it didnt.

Impediment
Metro Man should have originated from the Speed Force, he was so fast.

Nephthys
It's pretty silly that MegaMind, and later Titan, apparantly didn't even know he could do that. Or if he did then his plans were even more terrible than I thought because he didn't even slightly account for his speed. Though since he literally walked out of that trap, he didn't account for his strength much either.

I mean, I know he subconsciously wanted to be caught, but c'mon. erm

Impediment
All Star Supes is nowhere near the level of Pre-Crisis Superman.

Still, we don't have a definitive list of Metro Man's TRUE powers and levels.

marwash22
Originally posted by marwash22
On the subject of his name... he actually spelled his name Tighten (Tightenville), 'cause he's an idiot.

errrr, lets relax for a second; Titan ain't Wally fast, but he does look to be faster than Supes (at least, the one we're using), dunno about durability though.

Titan wins. I was gonna say that we should use Superman from All-star Superman, but then that would be a complete raping.

no expression

lol. complete and utter spite.

Superman lifted a key that weighed 500k tons with no effort. The best feat in Megamind was tossing the top portion of a skyscraper.

juggerman
Mega Mind also was distracted before Metro Man left so he wasnt watching the screen when he left so its impossible to know if Metro Mans absence would have been noticed

KingD19
No, he wouldn't have noticed. He moved so fast that time essentially stopped.

And what were All-Star Superman's feats in his movie.

juggerman
we cant say for sure if he would have noticed or not since he didnt get the chance

Superman could move from the earth to the moon in seconds, Kryptonite had no effect, he easily beat Atlas and Hercules(i think) in an arm wrestling match at the same time. Dont remember any others

KingD19
We can say for sure, as MegaMind didn't have any powers aside from heightened intelligence, and no one else noticed him. Light didn't even move a single inch from the time he left to the time he got back. So even if he was looking directly at him, he wouldn't have noticed he left.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
And what were All-Star Superman's feats in his movie. not much, he only lifted 200 quintillion tons over his head with one arm... nothing special.

KingD19
not much, he only lifted 200 quintillion tons over his head with one arm... nothing special.

I thought that was comic exclusive?

I wasn't calling any of his feats into doubt, just wondering what he'd done as I never saw the movie.

marwash22
no worries. just stressing how much spite this is.

the feat was in the movie. i'll see if it's on youtube.

marwash22
I5NGEu-QZxc

juggerman
No one was looking at Metro Man so of course no one saw. Megamind was the only one watching. If you watch it again the big monitor is only showing Megamind who is watching Metro Man and again he get distracted.

Im not saying he would have seen it but we just dont know

Nephthys
I5NGEu-QZxc

So basically what you're saying is that Superman punches Metroman and the solar system explodes?

KingD19
Originally posted by juggerman
No one was looking at Metro Man so of course no one saw. Megamind was the only one watching. If you watch it again the big monitor is only showing Megamind who is watching Metro Man and again he get distracted.

Im not saying he would have seen it but we just dont know

Lol, you don't get it. When he left the dome, he went out into the city. He got lunch(people were there). Read in the library(people were there). Flew a kite(people were there). He was moving so fast that time was literally at a standstill and the people he walked by were frozen in that moment. Megamind would be one of the people frozen.

If Magamind had been watching the Monitor, he wouldn't have seen anything as he moved fast enough to be back within less than what seemed like 1/10th of a second. Watch the scene. No one could have noticed him, he was just too fast. He may as well have stopped time.

I doubt Supes would be able to hit him after that speed feat.

marwash22
Originally posted by Nephthys
So basically what you're saying is that Superman punches Metroman and the solar system explodes? nah, I'm saying that Superman looks in Metro Man's general direction and the hand of God manifests to slap the shit of the person who created this thread.

juggerman
i do get it all i was saying was Megamind didnt have the opportunity to notice. i never said he would have but people were making claims like he was just staring at the screen and didnt see it

juggerman
Metro Man would lose. Even if he is WAY faster than Supes which i doubt there is nothing showing that he could hurt Superman in the slightest way. While one hit from Superman might kill MM.

Nephthys
nah, I'm saying that Superman looks in Metro Man's general direction and the hand of God manifests to slap the shit of the person who created this thread.

laughing

Nuff said!

KingD19
What speed feats does Superman have on par with MM's lounging around at hyperspeed feat?

juggerman
Superman going from the sun to Earth and vice versa in a matter of seconds.

That feat puts him at several times lightspeed as well which means people would look just as frozen. Id say their speed is very comparable

KingD19
Cool. I still give the speed edge to MM though, because he was gone for an hour in his perception, and light still hadn't even trickled into the observatory. That's far above the speed of light.

marwash22
an hour? they gave a time table for how long Metro Man was pondering?

Nephthys
From his perspective it would have been way more than an hour imo.

KingD19
True. I don't know why I threw that random number out there, but yeah he was gone more than an hour now that I think about it.

juggerman
Mertoman has no strength feats to put him anywhere near Supermans league. He may be faster (big maybe here since we cant really tell how fast either of them were going) but he couldnt hurt Superman at all imo while Supes would just have to land one glancing blow

KingD19
Metroman was so fast that he walked around the city, dicking around for a couple of hours(in his perspective), then came back to the observatory and no light had entered at all. Also, people and objects were frozen in time to the point where he could grab them, then put them back and they'd get stuck again. He also not only flew to Megamind(he was stuck in time as well), but came back to the observatory, closed the doors, then continued the conversation.

Placidity
Metro Man and Superman are actually the same person.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mind-blown.gif

juggerman
Yes he was uber fast but so was Supes as stated earlier he moved at several times lightspeed so their speed is atleast comparable. What im saying is even if MM is faster he really doesnt have any strength feats showing he would stand a chance against the monsterly amped Kryptonian

KingD19
I never argued that Metro Man had strength feats that put him in Supes league. I actually said that he probably couldn't take a full hit from Supes.

juggerman
oh well then disregard plz

marwash22
I never argued that Metro Man had strength feats that put him in Supes league. I actually said that he probably couldn't take a full hit from Supes. then, what's your point?

also, it's a known fact that all of Superman's powers are proportionate to to each other... we can't quantify his speed using that knowledge, but it's pretty damn certain that if his strength is godly, then so is his speed.

NemeBro
Well it's FTL.

Regardless though, AS Superman can't be harmed by Metro Man.

Does AS Supes still have the feat where he hits a planetary monster so hard that it runs away crying?

marwash22
Solaris?

KingD19
then, what's your point?

also, it's a known fact that all of Superman's powers are proportionate to to each other... we can't quantify his speed using that knowledge, but it's pretty damn certain that if his strength is godly, then so is his speed.

My point has always been that I consider Metro Man to hold the speed edge between them. I never had any doubts that Clark was stronger. And his powers aren't always directly proportionate. Like he held up the book of infinity, but he can't beat Flash in a race.

marwash22
kind of a bad example seeing as Flash is a literal conduit for speed in that universe.

what i meant is that, what's your point regarding the outcome of this fight? If you don't think Metro Man can harm Superman, why continue to make the supposed gap in speed an issue?

KingD19
I was trying to explain my point that Metro Man was faster to Jugg; that's basically all it was. And if the speed edge truly goes to him, which I believe it does. Supes will have a hard time laying a hand on him, as movement speed does not necessarily = combat/reaction/interation speed. We saw Clark fly from Earth to Sun in a few seconds, but he that was in a straight line and I'm assuming he still saw everything in a normal time frame. MM on the other hand saw everything at a literal stand still and actually plucked objects stuck in time into his speed.

And while his strength isn't on the same level, a hit from Metro Man at his hyper speeds could do damage. Similar to Flash hurting super durable folks with his hyper speed punches.

marwash22
i see.

All-Star Superman didn't focus on speed feats and failed to focus on how Superman perceives things when he uses his speed; because of this, you assume he so much slower... well, it looks like this is turning into a matter of opinion, in which case, I'm removing myself.

Robtard
I was trying to explain my point that Metro Man was faster to Jugg; that's basically all it was. And if the speed edge truly goes to him, which I believe it does. Supes will have a hard time laying a hand on him, as movement speed does not necessarily = combat/reaction/interation speed. We saw Clark fly from Earth to Sun in a few seconds, but he that was in a straight line and I'm assuming he still saw everything in a normal time frame. MM on the other hand saw everything at a literal stand still and actually plucked objects stuck in time into his speed.

And while his strength isn't on the same level, a hit from Metro Man at his hyper speeds could do damage. Similar to Flash hurting super durable folks with his hyper speed punches.

It takes about 8mins for light to travel from the Sun to the Earth.

Superman traveled to the Sun and back to Earth in under a minute, right?

If he's traveling at multitudes the speed of light, everything around him would appear to be standing still, or possibly moving backwards in time if Einstein is correct.

Stop being silly.

Nephthys
To be fair, flight speed rarely translates into combat speed. Or at least, it doesn't automatically.

Robtard
To be fair, flight speed rarely translates into combat speed. Or at least, it doesn't automatically.

Point was about perception. Superman's senses are obviously heightened with his speed, otherwise he'd not know when to stop and would be either missing the Sun or crashing into the Earth and obliterating it.

NemeBro
Superman can perceive individual radio signals in the comic, can he in the movie?

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
If he's traveling at multitudes the speed of light, everything around him would appear to be standing still, .

I thought it was the other way around. When you go nearly the speed of light your perception of time slows down. So if you were moving very fast then one second for you would be a minute in "regular" time. So going light speed should feel like instantaneous travel.

NemeBro
That's what he just said.

That said, IRL physics in this case are not applicable. At the speed of light, time doesn't slow down. It stops. Whether Superman were to travel a hundred miles or a hundred lightyears at lightspeed, it would appear to take no time at all, and also appear to take no distance.

Robtard
Superman can perceive individual radio signals in the comic, can he in the movie?

I've not watched All Star since it came out, since I didn't care too much for it. But they guy was basically Superman on super-steroids as far as his powers were concerned. From strength to intellect.

ares834
Nah. He has it backwards. If a single second for me is a minute for you then you would seem to be moving 60 times faster than normal.

Robtard
Nah. He has it backwards. If a single second for me is a minute for you then you would seem to be moving 60 times faster than normal.

You're basically saying the same thing I said, just in different lingo. I said "time standing still"; you said "instantaneous travel".

To an outsider affected normally by the flow of time it would appear as Superman instantly traveled.

ares834
No other way. To Superman it would feel like he instantly traveled, to a person in normal time it would feel like he was simply going light speed. Afterall, light for us doesn't seem like it instantly traveled.

Robtard
LoL, same thing. We're talking about faster than light-speed.

But are you telling me when you turn on a flashlight and it hits the wall it doesn't feel like it's instant? You can perceive the flow of the light leaving the bulb, as it leaves the bulb? I don't think so, buddy, not even if you're Australian.

ares834
How is it the same thing? You are saying in Superman's perceptions everything would be slowed down right? I'm saying everything would be sped up in his perceptions. Complete opposite.

In the case of a flashflight the distances are to small to notice. But I certainly notice it with the sun.

Nephthys
What? Why would everything be sped up? He's moving faster in relation to the world, not the other way around.

ares834
Because a second for him would be more than a second for us. So, shouldn't we seem sped up to him?

Addmitedly, I could be thinking about it in the wrong way.

marwash22
you are.

Nephthys
No, a second would go by faster for him than it would for us. He experiences a full minute while we just get a few seconds.

Look at the scene with MetroMan's speed. He's moving so fast that people seem like statues to him. His perception of time has been greatly sped up.

ares834
No, a second would go by faster for him than it would for us. He experiences a full minute while we just get a few seconds.

Hmm... You sure? I looked for the equation online but got a bunch of conflicting results. However, the common example of time dilation would seem to imply otherwise. Lets say I go on a speeding rocket for ten years. When I return I have only aged one year and only expirenced one year, yet everyone sle on the world would have expirenced and aged ten years.

Edit: My bad on the equation. It appears in some T0 is the statinary object's time reference and in others the moving.

T0/T= ^(1/2)

T= stationary object's time
T0= Moving object's time
v=velocity
c as usual is speed of light

Robtard
How is it the same thing? You are saying in Superman's perceptions everything would be slowed down right? I'm saying everything would be sped up in his perceptions. Complete opposite.

In the case of a flashflight the distances are to small to notice. But I certainly notice it with the sun.

In that case, you're wrong and have it backwards.

You notice sunlight traveling? Come on, dude.

ares834
In that case, you're wrong and have it backwards.

It's what the equation says. The moving object expirences less time than a stationary one.

You notice sunlight traveling? Come on, dude.

erm It takes over 8 minutes for light to traverse from the Sun to Earth. That's very noticable. Plus the fact that light has a measurable velocity in reference to us shows it's not instantaneous.

Edit: Thinking about it some more for Superman it shoudln't appear sped up like I claimed but slowed down. As when he flies past the earth in his frame of reference he is stationary and the Earth is flying past him. However, for an observer on Earth Superman should also appear slowed down (not his flight speed but his breathing, heart beat, etc..) as Supes is flying past him in his FoR.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.