Mjolnir: Who is Worthy?(Group thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker

dadudemon

the ninjak
None of em. stick out tongue

Darth Martin
The most worthy is probably Po by the end of the film.

Zack Fair
Superman.

Being worthy of a Green Lantern does not equate to being worthy of MJOLNIR

dadudemon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Superman.

Being worthy of a Green Lantern does not equate to being worthy of MJOLNIR

Nah, I'd say that being worthy to be a Green Lantern directly implies being worthy of Mjolnir.

Impediment
Bana Hulk could pick up Mjolnir if he was mad enough.

Ultimate Hulk did it in the animated Ultimate Avengers film.

Darth Martin
That's not the way it works.

ares834
Originally posted by Impediment
Bana Hulk could pick up Mjolnir if he was mad enough.

Ultimate Hulk did it in the animated Ultimate Avengers film.

That was the stupidest shit ever.

Impediment
Originally posted by Darth Martin
That's not the way it works.

True, but I'm just mentioning for posterity.

Originally posted by ares834

Nah, I feel that it truly shows the level of Hulk's strength.

dadudemon

No, that shows that even an Odin-force enchantment cannot supersede a no-limits fallacy.

Impediment
Originally posted by dadudemon
No, that shows that even an Odin-force enchantment cannot supersede a no-limits fallacy.

It truly shows the level of Hulk's strength.

ares834

The problem, of course, is that Odin's enchantment is magic at least in the comics. It's not that the hammer weighs more if the person isn't worthy, they just simply can't lift it. It's not a question of strength at all, either you need to have the correct character or be powerful enough "magically".

Zack Fair
Well in the Ultimate Universe Thor was a whole lot weaker and, if I am not mistaken, his power was implied to depend on how much faith humans had on him. Hulk lifting the hammer was the most stupid shit ever meant to humiliate Thor. I mean he got knocked out by his own hammer. *Sigh*

Hulk won't lift it.

marwash22
that statement was so vague, we have no actual facts about what Odin's parameters are... Mjolnir responded to Thor after he was willing to sacrifice himself for humans, that's the only thing we have to go by.

Superman and Batman are the only ones that would qualify, i think.

Darth Martin
The problem, of course, is that Odin's enchantment is magic at least in the comics. It's not that the hammer weighs more if the person isn't worthy, they just simply can't lift it. It's not a question of strength at all, either you need to have the correct character or be powerful enough "magically". Exactly. Originally posted by Zack Fair
Hulk won't lift it. .

0mega Spawn
was thor ever not in possession of his hammer in the film?

marwash22
yeah... for like half the friggin movie. lol.

0mega Spawn
laughing out loud
so it is possible to lift his hammer?

marwash22
no, at least not that we see. Thor placed Mjolnir on Loki's chest, Loki couldn't move it so he was stuck on the ground. The Hammer was stuck in rock for most of the movie.

dadudemon
The problem, of course, is that Odin's enchantment is magic at least in the comics. It's not that the hammer weighs more if the person isn't worthy, they just simply can't lift it. It's not a question of strength at all, either you need to have the correct character or be powerful enough "magically".

My response to this is the exact same response I posted already: "that shows that even an Odin-force enchantment cannot supersede a no-limits fallacy."

There would have to be a limit to which the hammer would be able to be picked up. It would have to happen before the hammer would be destroyed by high enough forces. If you apply too much force, eventually, the hammer would be destroyed. His hammer has been destroyed, before (or at least cut/broken).

ares834
There would have to be a limit to which the hammer would be able to be picked up. It would have to happen before the hammer would be destroyed by high enough forces. If you apply too much force, eventually, the hammer would be destroyed. His hammer has been destroyed, before (or at least cut/broken).

That's true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.