Hal Jordan vs WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
I don't see Hal being dumb enough to just hover there while taking a thunderclap...
Also this isn't moron Hulk, so there won't be any ridiculous trickery by Hal.

Gecko4lif
Hal throws him into space. GG.

psycho gundam
^ he'd have to

Stoic
BFR is Hal's only option.

Prep-Man
Hal has a bunch of other abilities like matter transmutation, etc... If he plays it smart, he can win, if not, Hulk wins.

leonidas
he'd need to be careful. bfr is a sure thing. if he gets exotic he'd take it. anything less and he'd probably lose.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hal has a bunch of other abilities like matter transmutation, etc... If he plays it smart, he can win, if not, Hulk wins. so can thor, doesn't mean it will happen.

Lord_Talron
How is he going to bfr hulk into space? This hulk is very smart and could break pretty much anything hal could make

BlackZero30x
hal could trap hulks head in an air tight vacuum. it wouldn't stop hulk but it would keep hulk at a distance long enough for hal to create a big cartoon mattress to bounce hulk into space.

Lord_Talron
Hulk can survive in space unaided

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
Hulk can survive in space unaided

but it's still a bfr.....

quanchi112
WW Hulk wins.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
but it's still a bfr..... Just saying that putting his head in a vacuum will do literally nothing

BlackZero30x
Just saying that putting his head in a vacuume will do literally nothing

the only reason i even mentioned it was because i figured hal would do it so hulk wouldn't notice his next move(the mattress) not to do anything else really. i mean it could have been just a dark green jar so hulk couldn't see. whatever it would take to distract him for a second but i guess he really doesn't even need a "jar" he could make constructs of other fighters or make copies of himself for hulk to attack....just as long as he's distracted.

Lord_Talron
I still don't see how he could trick this hulk like that

BlackZero30x
I still don't see how he could trick this hulk like that

you mean making a mattress under his feet and bouncing him into space or the extra fighters?

Lord_Talron
Any of it

BlackZero30x
Any of it

I see....give me a chance to wright up a summery of how i think it would work.

hal flys up high creates lets say 10 copies of himself....he has them charge. hulk attacks the constructs breaking them as he hits them(them blasting him with beams themselves making him angry) and as he is attacking them hal forms a very tightly compressed mattress under hulks feet and expands the mattress shooting him into outer space.

forming a mattress and expanding it would only take seconds considering how simple a construct it would be to make.

cdtm
Hal shrank the Shaggy Man.

Why couldn't he do the same to WWH?

Superherovandal
Couldn't he suck Hulk into the ring also. There's no way Hulk can get out of that right?

Slaanesh
Hal for majority..he's far more versatile than the Hulk..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Hal for majority..he's far more versatile than the Hulk.. Versatility doesn't always win the fight.

wildernesss
wtf? how does hal even have a chance? wwh was mowing through multiple top tier characters like they were nothing. his biggest feats during that arc were unlike anything standard gl-hal has ever accomplished. hulk would bust through any pathetic attempt to contain him with the ring like it was dental floss. not to mention that this hulk is smarter than hal.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Versatility doesn't always win the fight.

Didn't help much against Lobo.

But GL's also have options they didn't use in that fight..

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm

But GL's also have options they didn't use in that fight.. I always say if punching is more effective than using multiple powers then punch your way to victory.

Slaanesh

But GL's also have options they didn't use in that fight..

that wasn't even a serious fight..the lantern has others better things to do..and Lobo was hired by Atrocitus..we can't use that to indicate anything..

psycho gundam
Hal shrank the Shaggy Man.

Why couldn't he do the same to WWH? even if hal decides to use a decades old pre-crisis feat, hulk is resistant to molecular alterations

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/4379/49962530.th.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4240/11746362.th.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2576/86133374.th.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6342/82076345.th.jpg
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8144/19704169.th.jpg

"my stone power has never failed me. Not even against Thor!"

*note, grey hulk > thor in matter manipulation resistance smile *

Prep-Man
Doesnt make Hulk immune to it, though.

psycho gundam
hal won't do it anyway *shrug*

draining or bfr. two things that are iffy unto themselves considering hal's track record.

Lord_Talron
Except wwh is on a completely different level than grey hulk...

thanos-prime
Short answer, Hulk wins.

iceman24567
Hal wrecks him

psycho gundam
^ but of coarse

carver9
that wasn't even a serious fight..the lantern has others better things to do..and Lobo was hired by Atrocitus..we can't use that to indicate anything..

What about his fight against Black Mary where she busted through all his constructs with her fist and koed him?

Mindset
Pretty sure that was Kyle, well, someone disguised as Kyle.

Diesldude
If it was any other Lanthern, i say Hulk wins, but this is Hal freaking Jordan.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Diesldude
If it was any other Lanthern, i say Hulk wins, but this is Hal freaking Jordan.

All of the earth ones can beat him. Except maybe guy. He is kinda stupid.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by carver9
What about his fight against Black Mary where she busted through all his constructs with her fist and koed him?

never read that fight..so i can't comment on it..

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty sure that was Kyle, well, someone disguised as Kyle.

It was Kyle and Kyle>Hal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty sure that was Kyle, well, someone disguised as Kyle. laughing out loud

Slaanesh
It was Kyle and Kyle>Hal.

no..Hal is the greatest lantern..

cdtm

No way, GUY is the greatest GL of all time.

Slaanesh
No way, GUY is the greatest GL of all time.

he just wore the pink ring..the sapphire..he can't be the greatest after that..

leonidas
wow, never thought i'd see the day where most would say hulk over hal--in ANY incarnation..... nice to see a little respect thrown banner's way. smile

Batman-Prime
Don't get me wrong WWH is uber and a Team wrecker but he can't do anything to even touch a GL especially Hal, in a Forum fight. Hal can stay out of range and destroy him from above, he can avoid any leaping attack (he is to fast) and if he wishes he could throw the whole freaking planet into the sun, damn!

carver9
Hal has to be extremely fast to avoid a leap from Hulk imo. When has he shown this type of speed outside of space flight?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Stoic

SuperiorTech
Hal makes a construct resembling Zeus and Hulk run's away.

AlmightyKfish

Nah, Kyle has been stated to be > Hal and has some pretty awesome feats iirc.

-Pr-
Hal has to be extremely fast to avoid a leap from Hulk imo. When has he shown this type of speed outside of space flight?

so dodging stuff in space doesn't count?

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Nah, Kyle has been stated to be > Hal and has some pretty awesome feats iirc.

where was it stated?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Hal makes a construct resembling Zeus and Hulk run's away.

i lol'd

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-

where was it stated? DC Comics.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Hal makes a construct resembling Zeus and Hulk run's away. laughing

Fifthchild
Originally posted by psycho gundam
even if hal decides to use a decades old pre-crisis feat, hulk is resistant to molecular alterations

"my stone power has never failed me. Not even against Thor!"

*note, grey hulk > thor in matter manipulation resistance smile *

Such a great issue - one of the first i ever bought as a kid. PAD was on a roll then.

Between his healing factor and his shapeshifting abilities its actually not a huge stretch that Hulk has resistance to these sorts of tactics.

JakeTheBank
Any competent Green Lantern should be able to beat WWH through BFR.

AlmightyKfish
so dodging stuff in space doesn't count?

where was it stated?

Dream outright told Kyle "You have surpassed your predecessor"

That being said, Johns probably doesn't agree seeing with his silver age love and all...

Solidus Black
Hal crushes Hulk in 50 square miles of earth and then hucks it into orbit

-Pr-
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Dream outright told Kyle "You have surpassed your predecessor"

That being said, Johns probably doesn't agree seeing with his silver age love and all...

That's an awfully ambiguous statement, and it was before Hal's resurrection, so I honestly dunno how much stock i'd put in it...

Simbon
WWH is too weak and cowardly to accomplish anything in this fight. He is like whipped, crippled dog barking half-heartedly at a bull elephant in rut.

psycho gundam
^ you know you're on meth when....

zeel
Originally posted by Stoic

ya pretty much, most of hals constructs will just be destroyed by hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by Simbon
WWH is too weak and cowardly to accomplish anything in this fight. He is like whipped, crippled dog barking half-heartedly at a bull elephant in rut.

What's up with you and Hulk? Are you mad because he can beat your favorite characters?

HigH ScholaR
Hal has a bunch of other abilities like matter transmutation, etc... If he plays it smart, he can win, if not, Hulk wins.

Hulk has shown the ability to adapt to and counter Matter Manipulation in the past

lol Hulk throws Hal to the moon hows that for BFR. Obviously he just comes back.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by wildernesss
wtf? how does hal even have a chance? wwh was mowing through multiple top tier characters like they were nothing. his biggest feats during that arc were unlike anything standard gl-hal has ever accomplished. hulk would bust through any pathetic attempt to contain him with the ring like it was dental floss. not to mention that this hulk is smarter than hal.

Simbon
What's up with you and Hulk? Are you mad because he can beat your favorite characters?

I don't hate hulk. I love hulk. It's just that I love irritating hulk fanboys even more. I'm afraid the "getting mad because he can beat you favorite characters" thing is a case of projection, Carver.

But yeah, Hal beats WWH 10/10, and in each of those ten fights he'll beat him a different way. boxing

SumOfAllFear
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html

hal has way to many options to lose this fight

psycho gundam
trick is that you?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR Hulk has shown the ability to adapt to and counter Matter Manipulation in the past lol Hulk throws Hal to the moon hows that for BFR. Obviously he just comes back.

hal can adapt to beings/weapons that can adapt as well. stick out tongue

psycho gundam
how about a fist that shatters his facial bones?

edit* shatters the atoms making up his facial bones

Prep-Man
hals shields can be pretty strong. he was knocked through a planet before.

carver9
Hulk stomps.

psycho gundam
hals shields can be pretty strong. he was knocked through a planet before. hulk can put that planet back together

Prep-Man
Originally posted by psycho gundam hulk can put that planet back together

good for him. hal has had planetary feats before.

Mindset
Good for him; Hulk punches his face off.

Damborgson
Hulk stomps. how?

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
how?

By busting through his constructs, thunder clapping and getting ahold of him pounding him into submission like Grundy, Doomsday, along with numerous of other bricks have done. Or picking up mountain size objects tossing them at Hal distracting him long enough to get close and personal.

Without bfring, Hal isn't winning this, with it, he gets the majority.

Prep-Man
good thing hal has turned intangible. hal rips his heart out.

Superherovandal
By busting through his constructs, thunder clapping and getting ahold of him pounding him into submission like Grundy, Doomsday, along with numerous of other bricks have done. Or picking up mountain size objects tossing them at Hal distracting him long enough to get close and personal.

Without bfring, Hal isn't winning this, with it, he gets the majority. I honestly don't see WWH getting close enough to Hal. He's far quicker and more maneuverable than WWH and is the best flier in the corps. whilst GL has far more options than WWH does.

Simbon
Hal can gamma drain hulk, teleport hulk, stop time and decapitate hulk, go back in time and prevent hulk from being born, shrink hulk, turn the air in hulk's lungs into concrete, make a giant green cannon to shoot hulk into space, etc.. Or he can just turn around quickly and knock hulk out with his schlong -- Hulk has no counter.

More realistically, if CIS is on Hulk will win a couple due to Hal underestimating his opponent and letting him get on the inside, but the vast majority go to the GL -- WWH lacks versatility, and doesn't have any high-end feats that would enable him to overcome Hal's.

carver9
good thing hal has turned intangible. hal rips his heart out.

So Hal has turned intagible during combat? Show me. That's like me saying "since Hulk has punched through dimension, he will punch through a dimension and bust Kyle in the back of the head".

carver9
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I honestly don't see WWH getting close enough to Hal. He's far quicker and more maneuverable than WWH and is the best flier in the corps. whilst GL has far more options than WWH does.

Hhhmmm... good point. Show me these quick moments Hal has had during combat... sounds interesting.

carver9
Hal can gamma drain hulk, teleport hulk, stop time and decapitate hulk, go back in time and prevent hulk from being born, shrink hulk, turn the air in hulk's lungs into concrete, make a giant green cannon to shoot hulk into space, etc.. Or he can just turn around quickly and knock hulk out with his schlong -- Hulk has no counter.

More realistically, if CIS is on Hulk will win a couple due to Hal underestimating his opponent and letting him get on the inside, but the vast majority go to the GL -- WWH lacks versatility, and doesn't have any high-end feats that would enable him to overcome Hal's.

Since Hal has done all of this during combat Hulk will adapt to everything Hal is doing and then thunder clap the dimension that they are fighting in to dust and while Hal body is falling, Hulk super speed jumps him with enough force capable of destroying a object twice the size of Earth.

-Pr-
Since Hal has done all of this during combat Hulk will adapt to everything Hal is doing and then thunder clap the dimension that they are fighting in to dust and while Hal body is falling, Hulk super speed jumps him with enough force capable of destroying a object twice the size of Earth.

That's not the same thing.

Simbon

Stop trying to steal feats from more powerful versions of Hulk.

carver9
Stop trying to steal feats from more powerful versions of Hulk.

WWH>>>Savage Hulk.

This Thunder Clap will either knock Hal off balance long enough to give Hulk enough time to tap that a** or disorient him long enough to get crushed.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/165/25795620zi2.jpg/

Prep-Man
hal turns hulks thunderclap around and kos hulk. sorry carver. laughing out loud

carver9
hal turns hulks thunderclap around and kos hulk. sorry carver. laughing out loud

mad

cdtm
Remember what Sinestro did to Mongul? No reason a bloodlusted Hal couldn't do the same thing to Hulk.

It probably wouldn't stop him, but it'd be pretty awesome. embarrasment

carver9
Remember what Sinestro did to Mongul? No reason a bloodlusted Hal couldn't do the same thing to Hulk.

It probably wouldn't stop him, but it'd be pretty awesome. embarrasment

That would probably make him go World Breaker mode.

Simbon
WWH>>>Savage Hulk.

If WWH is so much more powerful then why did you have to cite all those feats from OTHER hulks? The logic that makes WWH>Savage is the same logic that makes WWH>Grandmaster. Doesn't fly.

That thunderclap is beautifully drawn, but is otherwise not that impressive. Seriously dude, aside from some solid durability, WWH never did anything that was very impressive -- at least by high herald standards.

-Pr-
WWH>>>Savage Hulk.

This Thunder Clap will either knock Hal off balance long enough to give Hulk enough time to tap that a** or disorient him long enough to get crushed.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/165/25795620zi2.jpg/

No it wouldn't.

carver9
No it wouldn't.

laughing out loud laughing

I don't know how to respond to this.

carver9
If WWH is so much more powerful then why did you have to cite all those feats from OTHER hulks? The logic that makes WWH>Savage is the same logic that makes WWH>Grandmaster. Doesn't fly.

That thunderclap is beautifully drawn, but is otherwise not that impressive. Seriously dude, aside from some solid durability, WWH never did anything that was very impressive -- at least by high herald standards.

Is Captain Marvel impressive?

Simbon
Is Captain Marvel impressive?

Yes, Monica would beat WWH any day of the week. big grin

Simbon
laughing out loud laughing

I don't know how to respond to this.

Reading some comics could be a good start.

JakeTheBank
Yes, Monica would beat WWH any day of the week. big grin

As would Billy Batson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.