Militant Jawa Order versus Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
500 Jawas with carbines versus Mace Windu. Setting is in the jungles of Hyrule.

Galan007
Mace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A07WNupEXk

truejedi
yeah, i'm gonna have to just echo galan.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Galan007
Mace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A07WNupEXk

I hate that cartoon. If all the Jedi could fight similar to this, the movie really let us down.

axel_jovan
Mace pwns.

Galan007
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

I hate that cartoon. If all the Jedi could fight similar to this, the movie really let us down. It's canon.

srug

truejedi
so the movie let us down. what else is new.

Borbarad
It's canon.

srug

Aside from the action, which was exaggerated.

Galan007
I'm not going to pick and choose which parts of a canon show, are canon. You fellas can do that. smile

Borbarad
I'm not going to pick and choose which parts of a canon show, are canon. You fellas can do that. smile

As the makers of the cartoon did pretty much state this, it's not "we fellas" doing this. The action in that series is simply beyond that of any other source, with the possible exception of some computer games and some comics.

Galan007
Originally posted by Borbarad
The action in that series is simply beyond that of any other source, with the possible exception of some computer games and some comics. Like I said, I'm not going to pick and choose which parts of a canon source are and aren't canon.

SIDIOUS 66
The makers of the cartoon actually said that is what the jedi were capable of if they used their powers to their full. This was mentioned in the commentary.

RagingBoner
S66
The makers of the cartoon actually said that is what the jedi were capable of if they used their powers to their full. This was mentioned in the commentary.

I believe Nai's said that before, but I haven't actually listened to the commentary.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by RagingBoner
I believe Nai's said that before, but I haven't actually listened to the commentary.

No, he is arguing that the makers said it was exaggerated.

RagingBoner
S66

I can't see his posts, so I'll take your word for it, but that's not what he said here:

But, like I said, I haven't heard the commentary myself.

Borbarad
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

Actually, the commentary on the first DVD of the series states that Lucas approved it as "his vision" of what Jedi can do when using their powers to the full extend. This was kind of revisited with the new animated series (and commentary on the second DVD) saying that the action as depicted in that cartoon was exaggerated to appeal to a younger audience.

The storyline, though, seems to be canon, with exception of a few records. So Mace did lose his lightsaber, fought off droids and managed to destroy the droid superweapon, just probably more akin to what we see in the new, T-Canon, animated series than what we previously saw in the cartoon.

Clear enough?

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Borbarad
Actually, the commentary on the first DVD of the series states that Lucas approved it as "his vision" of what Jedi can do when using their powers to the full extend. This was kind of revisited with the new animated series (and commentary on the second DVD) saying that the action as depicted in that cartoon was exaggerated to appeal to a younger audience.

The storyline, though, seems to be canon, with exception of a few records. So Mace did lose his lightsaber, fought off droids and managed to destroy the droid superweapon, just probably more akin to what we see in the new, T-Canon, animated series than what we previously saw in the cartoon.

Clear enough?

I remember you giving a link showing where Dave Filoni said the older cartoons were exaggerated, but I don't remember the commentary of the second DVD calling it exaggerated.

And Mace would have to use his powers with far more potency if he was without a saber and he was faced with hundreds of battle droids. A superweapon of that size would likely hold far more battle droids then the hand full he destroyed on Ryloth.

truejedi
sure, you can say the Jedi :"power" was exaggerated. However, what we saw onscreen, was still canon. Mace did kill all of those battle-droids, he did use force waves that utterly destroyed enemy formations, basically FLEW from a valley out to the outskirts of the battle.

Sure, it was exaggerated perhaps, but the feats weren't, because we literally saw them happen.

Black bolt z
Mace could do that all the time. But isn't he usually not in an open field with absolutely nothing to stop him letting loose?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Mace could do that all the time. But isn't he usually not in an open field with absolutely nothing to stop him letting loose?

Yeah apart from in AOTC, but that was probably just an off day for Mace.

Originally posted by truejedi
Sure, it was exaggerated perhaps, but the feats weren't, because we literally saw them happen.

Im not sure what this means. So what does being exaggerated mean to you exactly?

But fact is Mace is never gna display that kind of power again. Why? Because it was exaggearted. Meaning he cant do it outside of CWC. Canon or not, outside CWC he cant do it. Cant do it in the movies, cant even do it in the new animation. Cant do it. Thats just fact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.