Superman gets a few minor upgrades

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Supes finally wises up, and gets a few teeny, insignificant upgrades.

1. He raids Luthors lab, and finds a cure for Kryptonite poisoning.

2. He has Dr. Fate give make him a magic cape that makes him immune to most effects spells like transmutation and such, and resistant to other magic attacks.

3. He forges a blue sun in his "Super Forge", and swallows it, making him immune to red solar radiation while also doubling his usual power level.

4. He takes up Hal's offer for an honorary GL ring, making him highly resistant to most TP and transmutation, in addition to other GL perks (Assume he's only an average user of the ring.)

5. He gets fully trained by Val Amorr, considerably amping his combat effectiveness. For example, now he can easily tear through Inertron, an equivalent of secondary adamantium (According to Val, the trouble Superboy had with the substance would have been solved with his skills.) Naturally, this makes Superman an insanely more effective fighter...

This is Pre Crisis Superman, btw. ^_^;

With these upgrades in mind, how much of a boost would the character get? Who could he beat or match that he previously couldn't, and who could still trash him?

Using some examples, what if he fought PC Mongul, Silver Surfer, or Thanos?

Or Thor with Warrior Madness and the belt of strength?

Or, The Runner?

Or, Odin?

Uriel005
You do realize that a PC supermans equals in a fist fight when he was at his best that are bellow high skyfather can basically be counted on the fingers of a man with no hands right...

ares834
Originally posted by cdtm
PC Mongul
Trashes.

Doesn't even need the upgrades...

Doesn't need upgrades...

Doesn't need upgrades.

Beats.

JakeTheBank
Odin wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Odin wins.

Agreed.

ares834
Odin wins.

How? PC Supes with twice the strength and immunity to magic and all of his other weaknesses... How is Odin going to win this?

Juntai
He doesn't. Superman could grab Asgard and whip it into the entropy at the end of time.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ares834
How? PC Supes with twice the strength and immunity to magic and all of his other weaknesses... How is Odin going to win this?

He won't be immune to magic; OP said the Cape will give him resistance to magic. Even so, Odin's power isn't just magic; it enables him to use vast amounts of cosmic energy as well as divine energy due to his status as a high end Skyfather. Odin's still more versatile to boot. Not to mention Odin still busts galaxies while weakened.

ares834
Where has he actually busted a galaxy? My knowledge on Odin is quite limited. I recall him shaking one but never busting one.

JakeTheBank
Where has he actually busted a galaxy? My knowledge on Odin is quite limited. I recall him shaking one but never busting one.

His fight with Seth. And his battle with Forsung, which went across the universe, created new suns in their wake. He shook every plane of reality in his fight with Seth, if that's what you thinking about, though.

Sin I AM
Supes finally wises up, and gets a few teeny, insignificant upgrades.

1. He raids Luthors lab, and finds a cure for Kryptonite poisoning.

2. He has Dr. Fate give make him a magic cape that makes him immune to most effects spells like transmutation and such, and resistant to other magic attacks.

3. He forges a blue sun in his "Super Forge", and swallows it, making him immune to red solar radiation while also doubling his usual power level.

4. He takes up Hal's offer for an honorary GL ring, making him highly resistant to most TP and transmutation, in addition to other GL perks (Assume he's only an average user of the ring.)

5. He gets fully trained by Val Amorr, considerably amping his combat effectiveness. For example, now he can easily tear through Inertron, an equivalent of secondary adamantium (According to Val, the trouble Superboy had with the substance would have been solved with his skills.) Naturally, this makes Superman an insanely more effective fighter...

This is Pre Crisis Superman, btw. ^_^;

With these upgrades in mind, how much of a boost would the character get? Who could he beat or match that he previously couldn't, and who could still trash him?

Using some examples, what if he fought PC Mongul, Silver Surfer, or Thanos?

Or Thor with Warrior Madness and the belt of strength?

Or, The Runner?

Or, Odin?

is this a bait thread? and how r these upgrades minor?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Bingo wink

cdtm

But they ARE minor!

At least, compared to some of the upgrades you see, like the belt of strength with warriors madness, or the Power Gem...

All I did was remove most of his weaknesses, and give him a power bump.

I was actually going to make it a yellow sun though, and changed my mind to a blue sun at the last minute... On that, I admit maybe it's a little unnecessary...

Zack Fair

thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumb up

Switch the blue sun with a yellow sun, then.

Same power level, just without the weaknesses.

I made this thread to see how Supes would stand up without weakness exploitation.

cdtm
And for those calling this a "bait thread":

Who, exactly, am I baiting against? I left this open ended for a reason.

If I put PC Superman sans weaknesses against, say, current Thor, you may have a point... (And yes, I did suggest some characters, but as a way of getting the ball rolling... Suggest whomever you want.)

Uriel005
His fight with Seth. And his battle with Forsung, which went across the universe, created new suns in their wake. He shook every plane of reality in his fight with Seth, if that's what you thinking about, though. that feat is nearly a one time thing and is like saying that superman is a cosmic being because a sneeze destroyed a solar system. Odin put effort into fighting seth and destroyed a galaxy with their combined powers coming into conflict. Superman sneezed a solar system has halted threats with galaxy busting powers (i.e. warworld on crack w/ entropy piloted by braniac) so yeah... if you wanna use feats that are high end for one character be prepared to throw down against the opponents high end feats and Superman has a lot more feats of higher caliber simply due to the amount of material available.

TheTyrant
Thanos beats him to death.

Sin I AM
Switch the blue sun with a yellow sun, then.

Same power level, just without the weaknesses.

I made this thread to see how Supes would stand up without weakness exploitation.

then y not create a thread with plain ole supes without k-nite weakness/ whats with all these god awful amps....

lemme ask u a question, who do u think could beat him under their own power?

cdtm
then y not create a thread with plain ole supes without k-nite weakness/ whats with all these god awful amps....

lemme ask u a question, who do u think could beat him under their own power?

Lots of characters.

Odin, Validus, Surtur, Blood and Thunder Thor with Power Gem.

Who do YOU think could beat him?

And how much of a power bump is he getting from these things, really? The magic cape is probably the most significant upgrade.. Green K and Red Sunlight don't even normally come into a standard fight. That's just something so humans or lesser characters with prep could give him problems, like Luthor..

Sin I AM
Lots of characters.

Odin, Validus, Surtur, Blood and Thunder Thor with Power Gem.

Who do YOU think could beat him?

And how much of a power bump is he getting from these things, really? The magic cape is probably the most significant upgrade.. Green K and Red Sunlight don't even normally come into a standard fight. That's just something so humans or lesser characters with prep could give him problems, like Luthor..

dude you put a blue sun inside pre-crisis supeman, if you think B&T Thor can stand a chance your fukcing high

rotiart
Current Odin shoved a egg of incredible power into the destroyer armor or some such right?

Juntai
lol @! people crying about upgrades.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Uriel005
that feat is nearly a one time thing and is like saying that superman is a cosmic being because a sneeze destroyed a solar system. Odin put effort into fighting seth and destroyed a galaxy with their combined powers coming into conflict. Superman sneezed a solar system has halted threats with galaxy busting powers (i.e. warworld on crack w/ entropy piloted by braniac) so yeah... if you wanna use feats that are high end for one character be prepared to throw down against the opponents high end feats and Superman has a lot more feats of higher caliber simply due to the amount of material available.

No, it's not the same. Superman sneezing planets away is one of the most mis-used arguments for PC Superman being uber, and most people don't recall the circumstances behind it. Odin was also severely weakened while fighting Seth, and he also has many other feats suggesting him to be in the "galaxy effecting" range of powers.

It has nothing to do with high end feats only.

Omega Vision
No, it's not the same. Superman sneezing planets away is one of the most mis-used arguments for PC Superman being uber, and most people don't recall the circumstances behind it. Odin was also severely weakened while fighting Seth, and he also has many other feats suggesting him to be in the "galaxy effecting" range of powers.

It has nothing to do with high end feats only.
What were the circumstances?

I recall it being Mxy using magic sneezing powder, but I don't think that the powder itself amped him at all, it was just a catalyst type deal.

JakeTheBank
Mxy's magic dust is a pretty wild variable, I feel, especially considering how much magic played an effect on Pre-Crisis Superman. He certainly didn't exhibit power on a regular basis to clear away galaxies, which is what people seem to think PC Superman is all about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC Mxy's magic power had a normal man sneeze down a wall or something else that uber.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Juntai
lol @! people crying about upgrades.

u dont agree

Omega Vision
Mxy's magic dust is a pretty wild variable, I feel, especially considering how much magic played an effect on Pre-Crisis Superman. He certainly didn't exhibit power on a regular basis to clear away galaxies, which is what people seem to think PC Superman is all about.
*shrug*

Superman seemed to think that the mere act of him sneezing was a concern that required him to relocate to a dead Solar System. Hell he even called it a "Super-Sneeze" IIRC, as if it was just another one of his powers. There's the implication that he expected it to be a solar system busting attack whether Mxy's magic dust had caused it or not.

I can see you arguing that the presence of the magic powder makes the feat ambiguous or that it's just good old fashioned Silver Age stupidity (though if you're going that way then it becomes incredibly difficult to even argue PC Superman), but from my perspective there's little evidence that Mxy's power was amping him.

I think it was more like Mxy needing to use magic dust to coax a sneeze because at that time in comics the only way you could generally effect Superman was with magic, red sun radiation, or kryptonite.

Batman-Prime
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/truestrength/pc1dc4.jpg
yeah it's Superboy but blowing requires control, a sneeze is quite unpredictable for PC Kryptonians wink.

cdtm
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/truestrength/pc1dc4.jpg
yeah it's Superboy but blowing requires control, a sneeze is quite unpredictable for PC Kryptonians wink.

....he just created a gust of wind strong enough to push the Earth... Wouldn't that be an extinction level event?

At least wipe out a few continents?

Endless Mike
Yes but he's obviously using super-make-no-extinctions-or-damage-happen-vision along with it

zeel
these superman threads giving supes immunity to magic then placeing him against skyfathers that are 95% based magic. Dont get any more faggoty then that.

Hey heres one, in this thread all of supermans oponents are impervious to speed blitzing and physical damge.

with theses rediculous massive upgrades supes beast everyone minus odin. not sure on the odin fight.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zeel
these superman threads giving supes immunity to magic then placeing him against skyfathers that are 95% based magic. Dont get any more faggoty then that.

Hey heres one, in this thread all of supermans oponents are impervious to speed blitzing and physical damge.

with theses rediculous massive upgrades supes beast everyone minus odin. not sure on the odin fight.

big grin what he said

Black bolt z

Doesn't even need the upgrades...

Doesn't need upgrades...

Doesn't need upgrades.

laughing out loud

Uriel005
Oh I don't disagree that Superman needs weaknesses. I just dislike the fact that people love to argue that he's not at the least mid trans at PC levels and would in fact probably be higher were it not for his weaknesses. I mean look at the villains he used to punk when he got serious.

Given he has his low showings which are down right abysmal but if you want to talk about the absolute limits of his strength and speed no other kryptonian comes close. No other hero has the number of top tier opponents under their belt in the DC universe that Superman does. Just the way it is with him being THE flagship hero of all of DC. Just going by mainstream popularity if people want to name an iconic hero 9/10 Superman is going to be it.

So of course Superman is going to be ridiculously overpowered especially when people who've never even picked up a comic basically says Superman is the epitome of heroes.

ares834
Originally posted by Black bolt z
laughing out loud

You don't think PC Supes can beat Thor, SS, and Thanos... confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.