A Magnaguard vs. Darth Nihilus (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan
Saber-only fight.

Who takes this, a Magnaguard or supposedly the most powerful Sith Lord evah?

Setting: Mos Eisley Cantina

Discuss.

EDIT:
Whops, wrong forum. ;-) It's going to Versus forum right away.

RE: Blaxican
Well, Asouka managed to destroy two magnaguards by herself in a saber fight.

Obviously that has no bearing on this scenario though since Asouka is vastly more powerful than Nihlius.

Oh wai-

axel_jovan
Yeah, wait...
What are N.'s saber feats again?

truejedi
oh, in this, saber only, i would pick the magnaguard. We have no idea what N. is capable of with a lightsaber, and the Magnaguards recieve pretty high praise from several sectors.

Why do Magnagaurds recieve high praise when a youngling with three days of combat experience killed two (or was it 3) by herself and Shaak Ti took on twenty or so by herself and was unharmed? They're worse then regular droids.

truejedi
We just have no idea if nihilus has any ability at all with a lightsaber. Why would he anyway? What use would someone that powerful have with a lightsaber? If he can TK pwn,and force drain everyone, why would he spend 2 seconds working with his lightsaber? I say Magnadroid wins this. I don't think i really have to prove they are impressive to make that true.

So you think that Boba Fett with a lightsaber can defeat Nihlius in a lightsaber duel? That 8 year old who died on-screen during Order 66? Any tom dick or harry who picks up a lightsaber is superior to Darth Nihlius?

Lucius
Nihilus destroys the droid. A significant aspect of saber fighting is directly related to a character's strength in the Force.

Black bolt z
Nihilus stomps his metal ass.

Q99
They are a threat, but, like, in numbers. No-one expects them to beat Jedi one on one, that's why they're always deployed in groups.

truejedi
Didn't Boba Fett with a lightsaber beat Jaina, AND as a child stale-mate Windu? I would say it is HIGHLY likely that Boba with a lightsaber can beat an unknown.

RagingBoner
tj
AND as a child stale-mate Windu?

That shit must be all kinds of non-canon.

It actually is not.

RagingBoner
Blax
It actually is not.

We shall see. I will make it legalnon-canon.

Lucius
Wait... what?

RagingBoner
Blax
It actually is not.

Your dark powers are present, but not quite as potent tonight. I happened to stumble upon another podcast involving Dave Filoni discussing Mace Windu vs. Boba Fett (specifically in TCW's season two's final arc) here.

At the 42:20 mark: "Now, bottom line: Boba can't fight Mace directly" and explains that is why George wanted Boba to use bombs and traps in Lethal Trackdown to overcome the fact that Windu's a superior warrior.

RB
We shall see. I will make it legalnon-canon.

Power! Unlimited power!!!!!!

Zampanó
Originally posted by truejedi
We just have no idea if nihilus has any ability at all with a lightsaber. Why would he anyway? What use would someone that powerful have with a lightsaber? If he can TK pwn,and force drain everyone, why would he spend 2 seconds working with his lightsaber? I say Magnadroid wins this. I don't think i really have to prove they are impressive to make that true.

Let me give you an analogous situation.

Two soccer teams are facing off, let's say Manchester United and Galaxy. If I were to tell you that Manchester United has a terrific defense, say 27 average steals by the defense per game (this is where I reveal how little I know about sports) and that they have perfected a 1/3/0 defense, and that their offense has had only one offsides call this season and that they have a relatively good average of points scored vs. shots taken, who would you say wins the match?

If your answer is anything other than "I don't know" then you're doing it wrong. The answer to an unknown match is "I don't know."

Unknowns don't automatically lose.

truejedi

Jinsoku Takai
This is true. So we could say the thread is pointless. Or, we could say that statistically speaking, if I told you that a team was better than 80 percent of known teams, and we know nothing about the other team, there is a strong statistical chance that the known team would be better than the unknown team.

For instance, if you said, the 98' Bulls are playing an unknown team, the unknown team is going to lose, every time.

Bad logic TJ. The '98 Bulls lost 20 regular season games. See how that works?

Stealth Moose
I agree with Z. Assuming unknowns are automatically inferior to knowns is a huge problem here. Better to say it cannot be decided than to violate the Razor and just conclude they lose horribly.

RagingBoner
SM
I agree with Z.

Hey, you sneaky bastard! It was I who gave him that name; it's copyrighted.

truejedi
Z? You copyrighted using the initials of someone's SN? Really?

Lord Lucien
Z? You copyrighted using the initials of someone's SN? Really? G sure did, TJ. J infringed on that copyright and is going to have to hire DS to perform some Joo powers and get him out of this. Hopefully B(NF) will agree to lead his defense in court, on account of his amazing arguabilities. Z can be assistant and provide analogies. L(V) can ponder the philosophical meanings behind copyright, N(DE) can distract the court with gay anime, and you, S, and I can watch it all on close-circuit camera from the comfort of the local bar.

RagingBoner
Indeed.

You have witnessed the firepowerpolitical and legal skills of this fully armed and operational battle stationthis outrageously sexy and charismatic poster. Through a sheer act of will, I am able to locate sources that transform canon as I see fit.

Copyrighting a mere letter is child's play.

truejedi
G, you really truly love this forum the most. I vote we give it to you for a present.

RagingBoner
tj
G, you really truly love this forum the most. I vote we give it to you for a present.

It is mine already. I've taken it through sheer strength of will and size of penis. excellent

Lord Lucien
We must be a pretty small forum then.

RagingBoner
Lucien
We must be a pretty small forum then.

If that was an implication that my penis is small, I don't get it. no expression

Lord Lucien
Neither did she.

Eminence
Who is B/NF S?

okie never mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.