Odin VS Thanos (In a Fist Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin VS Thanos (In a Fist Fight)

no prep. no energy projection or other powers allowed. bareknuckle Fist Fight.

who wins?

Batman-Prime
No amped punches, no shields? Odin gives Thanos the beating of his life.

Harbinger
"Odin giveth, Odin taketh away."

thanos-prime
Im not impressed with current odin but ill still give him the win.

Silent Master
Odin

Lord Feron
Odin Layath the samcketh downeth or something...

Hyperion Prime
Thanos takes this even without amped punches.

If they fight any other way Odin wins.

Diesldude
Without amps and shields, thanos is in the same class as The Thing. He dies when odin wants him to.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Diesldude
Without amps and shields, thanos is in the same class as The Thing. He dies when odin wants him to.

LOL.......whut????

carver9
Did Thanos receive some type of upgrade strength wise after his fight with Odin before? To my knowledge, Thanos hit Odin with a full fledge amped punch in the shoulder and Odin didn't even flinch or acknowledge it.

If he didn't receive some upgrades regarding his "strength", odin kills him.

Harbinger
Given that he's been upgraded overall (in terms of total power output) since their confrontation, I don't see why strength wouldn't have been included in that.

The issue with Thanos regarding raw strength is that he doesn't normally engage in fist fights, not when he can use energy blasts and the like. He seems to be like DS--who resorts to the Omega Beams over hand to fight combat--in that regard.

vince_slice
Current Odin doesn't seem as powerful as he use to be. Wasn't he recently brought to his knees when Thor hammer shot him? If Thor can do that, I'm sure Thanos can make Odin feel his punches this time. I'm still leaning toward Odin though.

Nihilist
Odin should win. And laughing out loud at Carvers usual bullshit view of event, Odin BLOCKED Thanos 1 and only punch and that was after Thanos had taken several attacks from Odin

carver9
Originally posted by Nihilist
Odin should win. And laughing out loud at Carvers usual bullshit view of event, Odin BLOCKED Thanos 1 and only punch and that was after Thanos had taken several attacks from Odin

I guess you are about to make a "Hulk vs" or "Gladiator vs" thread since I said that huh?

Nihilist
Why would I need too? You do a good enough job yourself of showing you're stupid by ignoring/not understanding anything on a regular basis.

celestialdemon
Pure physical with no amp at all? Thanos wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin destroys him.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5157/warlock2522.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5439/warlock2523.jpg

Looked like less Odin blocking and Thanos simply being unable to affect the All Father with a blow.

Silent Master
Yea......Odin wins.

bbrem123
odin isnt hurting thanos

Nihilist
Is Rage blind or just bias? Odin clearly has his arm raised to block the punch

Hyperion Prime

Yeah wouldn't that still be blocking if he has his arm raised up to well.......block. Even if it didn't hurt him his arm is blocking his face confused

Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin's arm was raised. That was never in contention. I'm just in doubt that it was raised with the intention of blocking the attack. Not when it was unable to budge his forearm. Most likely, it was happenstance. Imo. I think such a distinction is worth mentioning.

cdtm
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Pure physical with no amp at all? Thanos wins.

Yeah, Thanos doesn't get to amp, but neither does Odin.

Which means this is just Odin without the Odin-Force vs Thanos without his shields.

So, how strong is Odin without his powers? Because, we know Thanos without using shields is still pretty durable...

bbrem123
Originally posted by cdtm

Which means this is just Odin without the Odin-Force vs Thanos without his shields.

So, how strong is Odin without his powers? Because, we know Thanos without using shields is still pretty durable...

yea...there is no way odin is taking out thanos in just hand to hand

Batman-Prime
Odin should be as strong if not stronger then Thanos, he is the father of Thor after all. Speed should be equal, reactionspeed goes to Odin imho. Durability against physical attacks, well I think Odin takes it handily. H2H skill, Odin is a Warriorgod with thousands of years worth of experience. Thanos has trained Gamora, yeah but he is more the science Nerd. I think Odin has more fighting experience overall.

Odin 9-10/10

Don't make me explain again, Rage will do it for me big grin.

Rage.Of.Olympus

This is supposed to be a physical contest. Which means they brawl it out instead of using energy based attacks. I'm not really sure how removing the Odin Force would make sense. Might as well strip Thanos of his all his cosmic energy or Galactus of the Power Cosmic and place them in a vs. thread.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps. Looks at his recent manhandling of Marv while I also look at him barely fazing Surfer through a cheapshot after Thor attacked him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is supposed to be a physical contest. Which means they brawl it out instead of using energy based attacks. I'm not really sure how removing the Odin Force would make sense. Might as well strip Thanos of his all his cosmic energy or Galactus of the Power Cosmic and place them in a vs. thread.

The thread Op did say "no other powers allowed". If he uses the Odin Force to amp his physical stats, that's using a power, no?

If he isn't using the Odin Force to increase his strength or durability, he's effectively stripped of it, considering he can't tap it for the fight.

janus77
unamped Odin <<< Thanos (unamped), imo. So Thanos FTW.

Rage.Of.Olympus
For the record, this unamped crap stems from the handbooks. Odin doesn't have to consciously will himself to be stronger just to be beyond Thanos physically from what I remember. He walks around at that level.

The thread Op did say "no other powers allowed". If he uses the Odin Force to amp his physical stats, that's using a power, no?

If he isn't using the Odin Force to increase his strength or durability, he's effectively stripped of it, considering he can't tap it for the fight.

No other powers allowed more than likely refers to blasting, teleportation, matter manipulation and the like.

Removing the Odin Force from Odin is like removing the Power Cosmic from Galactus or Solar Energy from Superman. It leaves the character powerless. The Odin Force is the sum of Odin's power. It is Odin. It's his life blood. He can't even truly leave this plane of existence while it's still out there.

If you want to remove the Odin Force, let's remove the cosmic energy that empowers Thanos. I mean, that's what he taps into for his might isn't it?

quanchi112
@ Rage we've seen him physically beaten lately by far less. We also see he didn't really even hurt the Surfer or portrayed as beyond the Surfer like he has around the time of blood and thunder.

Thanos manhandled someone physically who treated the Surfer like a nobody while Odin and Thor failed to beat him with multiple attacks/cheapshots.

Thanos>Mar-vell>Odin.

Hyperion Prime
For the record, this unamped crap stems from the handbooks. Odin doesn't have to consciously will himself to be stronger just to be beyond Thanos physically. He walks around at that level.

No other powers allowed more than likely refers to blasting, teleportation, matter manipulation and the like.

Removing the Odin Force from Odin is like removing the Power Cosmic from Galactus or Solar Energy from Superman. It leaves the character powerless. The Odin Force is the sum of Odin's power. It is Odin. It's his life blood. He can't even truly leave this plane of existence while it's still out there.

If you want to remove the Odin Force, let's remove the cosmic energy that empowers Thanos. I mean, that's what he taps into for his might isn't it?

I know they don't count but the Handbooks have Odin at class 60

Edit: he must be amping to match these guys strength.

DarkOdin
Odin did just man-handle Thor twice with easy. It was pretty clear
Thor was totally out classed

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin did just man-handle Thor twice with easy. It was pretty clear
Thor was totally out classed

You could also say that Thor wasn't going all out against his oldman. That is his father and I am sure he cares about him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I know they don't count but the Handbooks have Odin at class 60

Edit: he must be amping to match these guys strength.

I want to see the evidence to support that entry.

Must he? Then why have Odin Force wielders been so powerful physical when not illustration any actual amping or even while weakened?

Originally posted by quanchi112
@ Rage we've seen him physically beaten lately by far less. We also see he didn't really even hurt the Surfer or portrayed as beyond the Surfer like he has around the time of blood and thunder.

Thanos manhandled someone physically who treated the Surfer like a nobody while Odin and Thor failed to beat him with multiple attacks/cheapshots.

Thanos>Mar-vell>Odin.

laughing out loud

Hyperion Prime

Must he? Then why have Odin Force wielders been so powerful physical when not illustration any actual amping or even while weakened?

I would think Thor would seem so strong, because he is already strong. I have never seen Odin do anything physically greater than what Thor has done without the odin force.

Granted the Odin force amps Thor, but it probably helps him alot less than it helps Odin at least physically.

quanchi112

laughing out loud Concession accepted.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Definitely.

I would think Thor would seem so strong, because he is already strong. I have never seen Odin do anything physically greater than what Thor has done without the odin force.

Granted the Odin force amps Thor, but it probably helps him alot less than it helps Odin at least physically.

How about Heimdall no selling attacks from Mjolnir, Odin holding up a very large weight, one shotting Ulik, withstanding attacks from an incredibly powerful entity etc.? Bear in mind these are all instances when the Odin Force is noticeably drained or weakened.

Hyperion Prime
Definitely.

How about Heimdall no selling attacks from Mjolnir, Odin holding up a very large weight, one shotting Ulik, withstanding attacks from an incredibly powerful entity etc.? Bear in mind these are all instances when the Odin Force is noticeably drained or weakened.

Then maybe....just maybe the Odin force does make you stronger without amping. I see your point, but I am on the fence with it.

Batman-Prime
The Odin Force is well the force of Odin, right? It's a part of him, bearing his name and all. I it makes him stronger it's fair, he just has to use h2h nothing more. IMHO

DarkOdin
You could also say that Thor wasn't going all out against his oldman. That is his father and I am sure he cares about him. Odin one handed slame Thro to the ground, granted Thor didn't fight bacl on that one however there 2nd scuffle it was clear Thor wanted a piece of Odin. Heck was about to unleash hell from Mjolnir on Odin. It more like Thor deosn't have to Hold back against he father Heck Look back To whenThr was fighting for the eternals Odin layed him out there too. No where did Odin show signs of amping

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then maybe....just maybe the Odin force does make you stronger without amping. I see your point, but I am on the fence with it.

I'm telling you how it is.

You're basing your info off of a handbook entry that I doubt was based off of a comic. They just make shit up for those entries at times.

Diesldude
Zeus without amps showed what an all father can do when he whopped the wwh.. I think Odin doesn't need his Odin force or other exotic powers to amp his strength levels. He is already far beyond thanos. Note: What he did to Thor in Fear Itself # 1

Nihilist
Odin's arm was raised. That was never in contention. I'm just in doubt that it was raised with the intention of blocking the attack. Not when it was unable to budge his forearm. Most likely, it was happenstance. Imo. I think such a distinction is worth mentioning. huh, Odin had energy surounding his forearm, thats the reason Thanos had no effect as Odins energy projection is greater than the Titans.

Its clear why he raised his arm covered in energy, to protect himself.

CosmicComet
^Indeed. The idea that Thanos isn't strong enough to simply budge an upraised arm of odin is ludicrous.

If that section of the fight meant what it is interpreted to mean, then there is no way, no way, that Thanos would have even given Odin a struggle while they were grappling over Gungnir.

It was a damn good fight. Not one-sided in the least, and before Gungnir was pulled out Thanos started to counter Odin's manuevers, cancelling each other out. And as exotic power based as it was for the majority, there was nothing that gave me the impression that Odin was physically above Thanos, in any meaningful capacity at least.

WhiteWitchKing
Odin is the stronger. People on this board is smoking some unhealthy garbage. When has Odin has problems out manning some with his streghth. They've fought and while amped thanos failed to even move Odin only to get back handed. Even? I guess drax and hulk are even with thanos too by that farfetched notion. Thanos claimed to they were even yet at no point did thanos do equal damage Odin was inflicting. A thanosi had to poison Odin before daring to invade asgard, remembering the defeat of thanos by the all father. This weak and poisoned Odin koed ulik in one punch. There was no fight. Odin knocked out a peer of Thor in one punch. When does anyone in the right mine think claiming thanos is physically stronger then Odin when a severly poisoned odin is able to generate that kind of force?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by CosmicComet
^Indeed. The idea that Thanos isn't strong enough to simply budge an upraised arm of odin is ludicrous.

If that section of the fight meant what it is interpreted to mean, then there is no way, no way, that Thanos would have even given Odin a struggle while they were grappling over Gungnir.

It was a damn good fight. Not one-sided in the least, and before Gungnir was pulled out Thanos started to counter Odin's manuevers, cancelling each other out. And as exotic power based as it was for the majority, there was nothing that gave me the impression that Odin was physically above Thanos, in any meaningful capacity at least.

Even? Here I thought thanos was just a really hard roach to kill while alll thanos did was annoy the all father.

Thanos punches Odin who doesn't flinch. Odin reteliates and thanos is knocked back. Odin 1
thanos puts Odin in a force block that held wm thor. The same Thor that was physically stalemating thanos blow for blow yet he lacked the strength to break free. Odin physically cracks it in a matter of seconds. Odin 2

At no time did thanos even mov

cdtm
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Odin 1
thanos puts Odin in a force block that held wm thor. The same Thor that was physically stalemating thanos blow for blow yet he lacked the strength to break free. Odin physically cracks it in a matter of seconds. Odin 2

It couldn't be the same force block. It looks the same, but Thanos used an experimental, one use gun to create it the first time.

Nihilist
WWK post is nonsense here as Odin was beating Thanos using energy blasts, not once did he down Thanos with a punch, he knocked him back with a energy back hand.

This fight is no amp or energy

Kid Kurdy

Did Odin even feel Thanos' attacks ?

Nihilist
Yeah he did, he blocked a double handed energy shot from Thanos using both arms to protect himself, the blast started to knock Odin of balance

Kid Kurdy
Yeah he did, he blocked a double handed energy shot from Thanos using both arms to protect himself, the blast started to knock Odin of balance
"it started to knock Odin of balance..."

Are you sure you aren't, you know, stretching a bit ?

Harbinger
IIRC, when Thanos blasts Odin, Odin crosses his arms to block the attack. It puts him back on his heels a bit, but a I wouldn't characterize that as starting to knock him off balance.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
"it started to knock Odin of balance..."

Are you sure you aren't, you know, stretching a bit ? No,what I said was spot on. Thanos blast STARTED to knock Odin off balance, not completely knocked him off balance.

You should know this if you'd actually read the comic.

CosmicComet
Nihilist is right.

Odin tanked only ONE of Thanos' blasts. (Thanos tanked Odin's first blast too) And a later one after that made Odin reel back some.

carver9
Has Thanos ever affected anyone on Odins level with a punch?

Scans please.

Nihilist
Yes Tyrant, without using the orb,I'll post them when I get home from work

carver9
Yes Tyrant, without using the orb,I'll post them when I get home from work

I could have sworn that the only physical fight they had, Thanos and Tyrant was only in a arm lock and Thanos was using the Orb to do this.

Nihilist
You're wrong then, as Thanos wasn't using the orb in the lock up(as every time Thanos used the orb it was glowing/radiating with energy and during the lock up it was dull and lifeless) Thanos punched Tyrant once and also smashed him with the orb as a weapon

Omega Vision

Eh. It was pretty one-sided.

WhiteWitchKing
WWK post is nonsense here as Odin was beating Thanos using energy blasts, not once did he down Thanos with a punch, he knocked him back with a energy back hand.

This fight is no amp or energy

Been a while since I look at the fight. No amping, Odin would still beat him. He floored Ulik with one punch while poisoned by a Thanosi. Even Thor has yet to KO Ulik in one shot. Thanos, did I miss something, but has yet to K.O. Surfer, Thor, Drax, or even Hulk in one shot.

If Thanos at his normal can't accomplish one shot punches of top tiers, how is it that anyone can think Odin at his normal levels couldn't match or exceed Thanos in a physical confrontation? Other than a handbook, what feats in comic prove Odin is weaker than Thanos?

Nihilist is right.

Odin tanked only ONE of Thanos' blasts. (Thanos tanked Odin's first blast too) And a later one after that made Odin reel back some.

Thanos was off balance. Odin wasn't. Odin knocked Thanos back in another as well. Then Odin broke through an imprisonment that he stated held his son but will not hold the father. The same son with warrior madness and Power Gem that gave Thanos a stalemate in their fight.

Also, when was the last time Thanos one shotted anyone top tiers? He beats them sure but oneshot? I count atleast 4 for Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Even? Here I thought thanos was just a really hard roach to kill while alll thanos did was annoy the all father.

Thanos punches Odin who doesn't flinch. Odin reteliates and thanos is knocked back. Odin 1

At no time did thanos even mov The dialogue from odin states otherwise. Seriously, you're wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.