Odin & Thor VS Galactus & Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin & Thor VS Galactus & Silver Surfer

Odin & Thor get 24 hours prep. Galactus is at full power. battle is in Asgard.

who wins?

Rage.Of.Olympus
We'll find out soon enough.

Team 1 wins in scenario 2. If you can clarify the power level of a fully powered Galactus and it's above their capabilities, I might change my mind.

ares834
Galactus solos.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
We'll find out soon enough.

Team 1 wins in scenario 2. If you can clarify the power level of a fully powered Galactus and it's above their capabilities, I might change my mind.

hmm, basically a well fed galactus who could not absorb another drop of energy as he has reached full satiety.

Zack Fair
You mean the whole "Energy star-like being equal to Eternity?" or something like that

wildernesss
no, he's still in his purple suit. only he's been to the buffet & he's stuffed.

Harbinger
Scenario one: Galactus wins
Scenario two: Thor and Odin get the UN to the face

guy222
odin has the galactus seed remember friends

zopzop
Originally posted by guy222
odin has the galactus seed remember friends

Man I read that fast and thought you said something else :P

But on topic, I see Odin and Thor winning in both scenarios. Galactus can't one shot a high end Skyfather and would get weak eventually. Surfer has never had a good showing vs Thor. I see Thor beating the Surfer and then the two of them tag teaming Galactus.

With Odin providing a distraction, one of Thor's Godblasts to the head of Galactus and it could be lights out (he's shatter Exitar's skull with that thing).

Colossus-Big C
any one read the Zeus Vs Galactus Fight?

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
any one read the Zeus Vs Galactus Fight?

Which one? The Chaos War one? Where a CK possessed Zeus threw down with Galactus? You can't really use that to prove anything because CK was inside Zeus' body.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by zopzop
Man I read that fast and thought you said something else :P

But on topic, I see Odin and Thor winning in both scenarios. Galactus can't one shot a high end Skyfather and would get weak eventually. Surfer has never had a good showing vs Thor. I see Thor beating the Surfer and then the two of them tag teaming Galactus.

With Odin providing a distraction, one of Thor's Godblasts to the head of Galactus and it could be lights out (he's shatter Exitar's skull with that thing). The way i think it will go done is a little different. Thor and SS will go nack and forth for a while then Thor will get the upper hand being he is POED and on his home tuff to boot but then the wound he has will act up and SS we srain the beating on him. Odin and Galactus i can see them locking horns for a bit then Odin triggers some sort of weapon or somethign to gain the upper hand Destroyer powered by the seed or something to that effect

Bentley
What an uninformed discussion here, barring the one who said Galactus solos, because that's what he does.

guy222
even with odin possessing the seed?

quanchi112
Galactus and Surfer, hard.

Bentley
Originally posted by guy222
even with odin possessing the seed?

Has he done anything with the seed? I'd think Galactus at full power would easily opose Odin w prep, considering how he failed against the Celestials.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Bentley
Has he done anything with the seed? I'd think Galactus at full power would easily opose Odin w prep, considering how he failed against the Celestials. Celestials>>Galactus

janus77
Galactus solos ridiculously easily.

spite/bait thread, imo.

zopzop
@janus77 & Bentley

How the f--- does Galactus "solo" when Thor by himself cracked open one of, if not the, most powerful Celestial's skull with a Godblast. Odin is a high end skyfather that can amp various ways and has the Destroyer Armor around just in case things get ugly.

Galactus won't use the UN unless threatened with something truly catastrophic so that won't come into play.

Taking all that into consideration Thor and Odin win.

Mindset
Lol.

Galactus wins.

janus77
@janus77 & Bentley

How the f--- does Galactus "solo" when Thor by himself cracked open one of, if not the, most powerful Celestial's skull with a Godblast. Odin is a high end skyfather that can amp various ways and has the Destroyer Armor around just in case things get ugly.

Galactus won't use the UN unless threatened with something truly catastrophic so that won't come into play.

Taking all that into consideration Thor and Odin win.
Galactus consumes Asgard, absorbing the "Odin" Force into him, much as he threatened to do to Mephisto's realm.

oh and he does this whilst Odin pounds away at his shin.

This is clearly spite, Odin has no chance in hell (or Asgard for that matter) and Thor is of no consequence, Surfer'll just trap the hammer in a bubble and make Thor chase him round the universe for it.

Seriously, no chance whatsoever for Odin. This might as well be Odin versus Squirrel Girl, for all the good it'll do Odin.

zopzop
Originally posted by janus77
Galactus consumes Asgard, absorbing the "Odin" Force into him, much as he threatened to do to Mephisto's realm.

oh and he does this whilst Odin pounds away at his shin.

This is clearly spite, Odin has no chance in hell (or Asgard for that matter) and Thor is of no consequence, Surfer'll just trap the hammer in a bubble and make Thor chase him round the universe for it.

Seriously, no chance whatsoever for Odin. This might as well be Odin versus Squirrel Girl, for all the good it'll do Odin.

Thor, with no help from Odin, busted a Celestial's outer shell then went on to crush his skull. Show me any other high herald or even trans tier character that has done that.

Odin has busted galaxies and created a suit of armor that went up against EIGHT Celestials. Odin can amp in various ways, from the land of Asgard itself or from the lifeforces of the Asgardians. Show me any other skyfather level being that has Odin's feats or the reservoirs of power at Odin's command.

Thor is no ordinary "herald" level character just as Odin is no ordinary "skyfather" level character. Both have feats and other on panel evidence showing that they can operate on a much higher level of power than their peers.

Odin and Thor absolutely take this barring Galactus using the UN.

janus77
looks like this forum is due a "Squirrel Girl vs Odin and Thor" thread yes

Galactus wiped out the Proemial Gods. What are the Norse Gods in comparison?

ankur29
galactus everday

anything else is some thor odin wankage imo

zopzop
Originally posted by janus77
looks like this forum is due a "Squirrel Girl vs Odin and Thor" thread yes

Galactus wiped out the Proemial Gods. What are the Norse Gods in comparison?

What have the Proemial Gods done on panel that places them above Odin? Surfer beat them.

bbrem123
galactus wtf stomps them..spite thread

SasuOna
LOL at the people that think Odin can do shit to Galactus
I mean Galactus gets his ass kicked a lot but thats by people are obviously stronger then Odin or just fighting a weak galactus.

I mean he could literally attack Asgard and they wouldn't be able to stop him.

Zack Fair
lol@surfer handling Thor so easily

Sorry but I don't see that happening. Having said that Galactus stomps them.

What exactly is the Galactus seed?

Mindset
Sperm.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Mindset
Sperm.

agreed

cdtm

How the f--- does Galactus "solo" when Thor by himself cracked open one of, if not the, most powerful Celestial's skull with a Godblast.

Thor > skyfathers and Asgard empowered Asgardian Destroyer.. No matter how I try, I can't wrap my head around that one.

And I am a fan of Thor.

cdtm
And speaking of Destroyer, can they use it with their 24 hours prep?

Why not just bring Asgard empowered Destroyer, then? No way Galactus is taking that.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor > skyfathers and Asgard empowered Asgardian Destroyer.. No matter how I try, I can't wrap my head around that one.

And I am a fan of Thor.

Well Thor x's 4 held up the MULTIVERSE with the power of their Godblasts. Two Mjolnirs clanging together sent shockwaves across the entire universe. There's probably more I'm missing but you get my point.

Surfer has never done anything REMOTELY as impressive. Thor > Surfer and until proven wrong, Odin > Galactus.

King Kandy
Celestials>>Galactus
Based on what?

bbrem123
Well Thor x's 4 held up the MULTIVERSE with the power of their Godblasts. Two Mjolnirs clanging together sent shockwaves across the entire universe. There's probably more I'm missing but you get my point.

Surfer has never done anything REMOTELY as impressive. Thor > Surfer and until proven wrong, Odin > Galactus.

hahah wtf...u need to get off the crazy pills thumb up

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset
Sperm.

All father Odin...

what a sick old man puke

guy222
Originally posted by Zack Fair
lol@surfer handling Thor so easily

Sorry but I don't see that happening. Having said that Galactus stomps them.

What exactly is the Galactus seed?

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7451323_The_Mighty_Thor_2_012-13.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/7451325_The_Mighty_Thor_2_014-15.jpg

zeel
Celestials>>Galactus

certian celestials. Not all celestials.

h1a8
Thor, with no help from Odin, busted a Celestial's outer shell then went on to crush his skull. Show me any other high herald or even trans tier character that has done that.

Odin has busted galaxies and created a suit of armor that went up against EIGHT Celestials. Odin can amp in various ways, from the land of Asgard itself or from the lifeforces of the Asgardians. Show me any other skyfather level being that has Odin's feats or the reservoirs of power at Odin's command.

Thor is no ordinary "herald" level character just as Odin is no ordinary "skyfather" level character. Both have feats and other on panel evidence showing that they can operate on a much higher level of power than their peers.

Odin and Thor absolutely take this barring Galactus using the UN.

Remember physical blunt force is not the same as energy durability. Thor took a long ass time to build up enough speed for the hammer to gain enough power to do it. In a real battle no one is just going to sit there and let Thor take his time and whirl the hammer to sufficient speeds and slam down on them. Also, didn't he use the belt of strength and also the hammer broke in pieces?

The Destroyer was animated by all the skyfathers and not Odin alone. If Odin was the only one animating the Destroyer then it would have been a true insect to them and wiped out far faster than it was, in a blink of an eye.

All of Marvel's star heralds have feats outside of herald level. Even D.C. heralds do too.

The fact that Galactus fully fed is considered eternity's equal means that All the skyfathers combined would be mere insects to him.

Like Guy222 is trying to say while no one is listening is that the key to victory is in the Galactus seed (whatever the hell that is). Because without something like that then Odin and Thor have no chance in hell.

h1a8

Do you think Odin could beat a single Celestial by his lonesome?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
Remember physical blunt force is not the same as energy durability. Thor took a long ass time to build up enough speed for the hammer to gain enough power to do it. In a real battle no one is just going to sit there and let Thor take his time and whirl the hammer to sufficient speeds and slam down on them. Also, didn't he use the belt of strength and also the hammer broke in pieces?

no expression

What's your definition of a long time? Because it certainly isn't the same as my own. Thor span the hammer for a moment:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ShattersCelestialArmor1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ShattersCelestialArmor2.jpg

His strength was doubled but Mjolnir did not break. It broke when he used the God Blast to blast through the even more durable brain dome of Exitar:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome2.jpg

There's your energy durability.

The Destroyer was animated by all the skyfathers and not Odin alone. If Odin was the only one animating the Destroyer then it would have been a true insect to them and wiped out far faster than it was, in a blink of an eye.

That's a lie. Odin was the only Skyfather animating the Destroyer. He empowered it with the majority of the Odin Force.

I never understood why people placed Odin so far below Galactus simply because of the Celestial encounter. At the time, the Celestials were a power beyond the current Cosmic Entities -at least in the Thor books- and yes, that includes Galactus. Probably the reason why people argue an average Celestial is above Galactus to this day. Let's not forget that Odin was at his lowest consistent point since his creation at the time. Thomas depowered Odin, retconned Asgardian lore and so on for arguably no other than to introduce the Eternals as well as the Celestials into the Marvel history. Still pisses me off to this day that he sold out the Thor mythology for a bunch of space hippies and giant refrigerators. He was a good writer, but he tried to hard to have everything fit together like a puzzle.

Anyways, despite all the factors, Odin had sufficient reserves of power to put up a fight against the Fourth Host.

How about we take a depiction of the All Father where simply using the full capabilities of his own inner reserves, he is a Cosmic God capable of annihilating Galaxies on a whim and so on? Then have that Odin augment his power many times by drawing on his other reserves and placing them in the Destroyer. At the same time, let's use Bran's favorite Pak Galactus.

All of Marvel's star heralds have feats outside of herald level. Even D.C. heralds do too.

The only hero that I know of who has multiple high end feats like Thor is Clark.

Like Guy222 is trying to say while no one is listening is that the key to victory is in the Galactus seed (whatever the hell that is). Because without something like that then Odin and Thor have no chance in hell.

We'll see.

JakeTheBank
I agree on Thomas' run of Thor. It was decent enough, but yeah, he retconned and introduce a lot purely for the sake of the Celestials, who at the time, were portrayed as being the top guys in the Marvel Universe. Odin felt that Galactus himself may have been a rogue Celestial, which is why he considered him a threat initially, iirc. Galactus has higher status than Odin, but feat-for-feat, Odin can contend with him.

Fraction's latest run will probably settle it one way or the other, though.

Colossus-Big C
the destroyer had a tiny fraction of each skyfathers power, either way as i said

some celestials>> galactus
the 4th host >>>>>Galactus

The arc when the skyfathers faced the celestials they were watered down to the point a full powered combined blast from Odin & Zeus was only enough to slightly shake the earth

Simbon

I never understood why people placed Odin so far below Galactus simply because of the Celestial encounter. At the time, the Celestials were a power beyond the current Cosmic Entities -at least in the Thor books- and yes, that includes Galactus. Probably the reason why people argue an average Celestial is above Galactus to this day. Let's not forget that Odin was at his lowest consistent point since his creation at the time. Thomas depowered Odin, retconned Asgardian lore and so on for arguably no other than to introduce the Eternals as well as the Celestials into the Marvel history.

I for one am glad -- the Celestials are the coolest thing there is in superhero comics.

And dude, don't bother arguing about the exitar thing. PIS, like evil, is real.

Simbon
1. Big G
2. Big G

American Dragon
I think Odin and Thor might win with prep

zopzop
The fact that Galactus fully fed is considered eternity's equal means that All the skyfathers combined would be mere insects to him.

When was this stated? Back in the day he was considered the balancing force between Death and Eternity but is that even true anymore?

@Colossus

Yup, every skyfather blessed it with a fraction of their power.

@h1a8

IMHO no. Nothing short of an abstract should pose a threat to a Celestial. But that's not how Marvel sees it. On panel feats by Odin dwarf anything the Celestials have ever done.

Hyperion Prime
Galactus >>> Odin

Thor > Surfer

All that dosen't matter though, Odin more than makes up for Surfer not being stronger than Thor.

Also whatever kind of energy SS encases Thor's hammer in, Thor can bust through it with repeated attacks.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Galactus >>> Odin

Thor > Surfer

All that dosen't matter though, Odin more than makes up for Surfer not being stronger than Thor.

Also whatever kind of energy SS encases Thor's hammer in, Thor can bust through it with repeated attacks.

i agree for the most part...but the thor and ss argument can go both ways....just a matter of opinion on that one

Sr J-Bieb
IMHO no. Nothing short of an abstract should pose a threat to a Celestial. But that's not how Marvel sees it. On panel feats by Odin dwarf anything the Celestials have ever done. Originally posted by bigbran
Odin, Vishnu, and Zeus arrive to beat Arishem.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9797/thor30015ns4.th.jpg

They attack him... and are unable to even get his attention.
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpg

So... they bow down. They also get the Destroyer, and bestow their might into him (the Skyfathers).
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3113/thor30017bh8.th.jpg

Too easy. You gotta stop wanking Skyfathers non stop and stop and think about things.

h1a8
no expression

What's your definition of a long time? Because it certainly isn't the same as my own. Thor span the hammer for a moment:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ShattersCelestialArmor1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ShattersCelestialArmor2.jpg

His strength was doubled but Mjolnir did not break. It broke when he used the God Blast to blast through the even more durable brain dome of Exitar:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DestroysCelestialBrainDome2.jpg

There's your energy durability.
I confused the two my fault. But the narration claimed that Thor was calling upon all his Godly strength. IMO, I would guess 5-10 seconds which seems fair to me. In battle, this is a long time.

Now Rage you know better. The story goes that all the Skyfathers were powering the Destroyer. That is why it grew so tall. Where you get this only Odin crap when you are the Thor guru here?
I agree. When I was a kid I regarded Odin as the supreme god of the universe, like the christian or muslim god. When I learned of Galactus and the Celestials (far later) I realized that Odin is not the supreme god after all. To be fair it is only right to have Galactus>>>Any Celestial or any Skyfather since he is the oldest living thing in the universe and is considered amongst the other abstract beings (at full power). Having Odin or anyone else under abstract level being greater or equal to Galactus makes the whole Marvel system go to hell.

A universal power (able to destroy the universe) is far greater than someone who can mess with galaxies.

I believe Sentry has a few and does the Surfer.

h1a8

IMHO no. Nothing short of an abstract should pose a threat to a Celestial. But that's not how Marvel sees it. On panel feats by Odin dwarf anything the Celestials have ever done. But they have the feats of making Odin and all the other skyfathers look like insects.

Most of Marvel's writers agree that Galactus at full power >>>>Any single Celestial.

Also, IMO, Odin or any other skyfather at best is supposed to be powerful enough to level a star system. Anything more than that is bad writing and PIS.

Heralds at best are supposed to level cities (or countries tops). Anything more than that is bad writing or PIS.

Superman to Thor to SS are not supposed to possess planetary power. They are not written to be that powerful in over 99% of their appearances. I view a common Thor as struggling to lift an aircraft carrier or a small mountain. I view a common Superman as struggling to lift a small continent or mountain range. No one under abstract should be able to survive in the sun without some type of outside powered force field protecting them. No one under abstract should survive a black hole. I can go on and on. The only reason why you see dumb feats that go outside of what a character can possibly do is to contend with the other company. PC Superman did something crazy so Marvel writers is going to have Hulk or Thor do something crazy. Then D.C. writers see it and then they go even crazier. Then Marvel writers see that and they go even crazier. The philosophy is found in the movie, "Kung-Fu Hustle".

Hyperion Prime
Most of Marvel's writers agree that Galactus at full power >>>>Any single Celestial.

Where did you read that? Most Celestials are greater than Galactus.

h1a8
Where did you read that? Most Celestials are greater than Galactus. It was mentioned several times in canon comics that Galactus at full power is as powerful as Eternity and can destroy the universe 10x over (or something like that).

Any single celestial was never shown or hinted to have universal power (like Eternity).

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Too easy. You gotta stop wanking Skyfathers non stop and stop and think about things.

That's from one issue 20+ years ago. Thor, who is nowhere near as powerful as Odin, has gone on to smash Exitar's outer shell and crush his skull.

Show me a Celestial busting a galaxy or rocking the multiverse in one of their fights.

Odin's on panel feats >>>> Celestials on panel feats.

Colossus-Big C
why should anyone under abstract not be able to survive in the sun?

also by your post you are implying that it should be like this

Herald level- can lift mountain, a continent tops, can level a city , a continent tops
Skyfather- can destroy a planet, create a moon
Galactus- can destroy a galaxy

how many planets are in a galaxy? this would imply that not even 1 trillion Odins can tickle galactus with a combined blast

King Kandy
It was mentioned several times in canon comics that Galactus at full power is as powerful as Eternity and can destroy the universe 10x over (or something like that).

Any single celestial was never shown or hinted to have universal power (like Eternity).
no, that is not stated. i bet you can't find a single scan where that is said.

Batman-Prime
G is at the top of the food chain, though Odin isn't that far behind imho. Thor should wreck the Surfer.

Colossus-Big C
It was never stated, if it was i dare anyone to post a scan

the only reason people who say that is because galactus call eternity his relatives.

Galactus should be nowhere near eternity in power, eternity created all the celestials by merely meditating.

Ambient
The only one that comes close was when G transformed into his true form and was talking to eternity in equal terms however we only get a that hint of his power level during secret wars.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
G is at the top of the food chain no where near it

zopzop
Also, IMO, Odin or any other skyfather at best is supposed to be powerful enough to level a star system. Anything more than that is bad writing and PIS.

Heralds at best are supposed to level cities (or countries tops). Anything more than that is bad writing or PIS.

Superman to Thor to SS are not supposed to possess planetary power.

I hope you know I actually agree with you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000%, but Marvel doesn't. We have to go by what's on panel and on panel Odin has some stupendous feats under his belt. Thor too.

I've never seen anything under the HotU do what Thor did to a Celestial. Sure Invisible Woman cracked a Celestials shell, but the excuse was that her force fields are of the same energy field or whatever as their shells. Thor didn't need anything like that, he brute force destroyed Exitar's skull which was said to be even stronger than Exitar's outer shell.

Colossus-Big C
Thor>>>> Odin+Zeus+Vishnu

Sr J-Bieb
That's from one issue 20+ years ago. Thor, who is nowhere near as powerful as Odin, has gone on to smash Exitar's outer shell and crush his skull.

Show me a Celestial busting a galaxy or rocking the multiverse in one of their fights.

Odin's on panel feats >>>> Celestials on panel feats. You said Marvel thought Odin>Celestials, and I showed you the exact opposite. No need to try and save face.

Also, most of Odin's feats are over 20 years old...
And all that did was cause Exitar to pause for a second. He caused a slight hole with double his strength and destroyed his brainpiece with a godblast... and this did basically nothing to Exitar but make him pause. And then he saved Thor's life and recreated Mjolnir.

And Celestials>>>Odin on panel, fancy that. But let's follow your logic for a second...
Classic Drax destroyed a planetoid with a punch, ripped out the core of a small sun, and owned another planetoid... Thor has never done either of that, yet Thor was able to make Drax look like ass, and She Hulk even made Drax look like ass. BUT DRAX'S COLLATERAL DAMAGE IS WAY BETTER OMG!!! Classic Drax should be able to crush beings like Doomsday because Doomsday barely causes any damage in his fights!

That's your logic right thar. Isn't it lovely?

Also, no one can beat Superman because his feats are better, and any new introduced character that beats Superman doesn't count.

zopzop
You said Marvel thought Odin>Celestials, and I showed you the exact opposite. No need to try and save face.

You did jack. Showing a scan from 20+ years ago to prove a point is a joke seeing how Thor by himself did MORE damage to Exitar than 3 skyfathers did.

He managed to do MORE damage than 3 skyfathers combined. Also Thor's feat is more recent than the skyfathers vs Arshiem one, so either the skyfathers jobbed or the Celestials have been retconned to be weaker than they were earlier.

Yet Thor still has the better feats. Two Thors clanging hammers caused a shockwave that was felt throughtout the universe and the narrator compared it to the big bang. Show me Drax doing anything compared to what Thor did to being Exitar's level. Thor schooled Power Gem Drax. Thor's Godblast has stopped and reversed Juggernaut's forward momentum. I could go on but Thor's feats absolutely shxt all over Drax's.

Now while your at it, show me a Celestial destroying a galaxy like Odin has. Or creating a dimension like Odin has. Or rocking the multiverse in any of ther fights like Odin has. Or threatening the universe with destruction because you are fighting a rival god like Odin has.

All you got is ONE encounter 20+ years ago.

DC has Superman hanging with Abstracts so what's your point?

Hyperion Prime
It was mentioned several times in canon comics that Galactus at full power is as powerful as Eternity and can destroy the universe 10x over (or something like that).

Celestial >>>> Galactus. Any single one of them

cdtm
Thor>>>> Odin+Zeus+Vishnu+Asgard empowered Asgardian Destroyer

Fixed.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Fixed.

Or maybe the Celestials have been watered down since their early appearance. I mean Invisible Woman "killed" Exitar. Theoretically anyone capable of mimicking her force field energy can do the same.

Colossus-Big C
Celestial >>>> Galactus. Any single one of them is this why galactus felt fear when tiamut awoke?

tiamut or Exitar , or Scathan would make galactus there *****

Harbinger
is this why galactus felt fear when tiamut awoke?

tiamut or Exitar , or Scathan would make galactus there ***** You have no idea what inequality signs are, do you?

psycho gundam
neither do you since you used more than one like it meant something

Harbinger
????

Sr J-Bieb
You did jack. Showing a scan from 20+ years ago to prove a point is a joke seeing how Thor by himself did MORE damage to Exitar than 3 skyfathers did. Thor by himself did more damage than Super Destroyer powered by damn near everyone including Odin... He's Thor, he does stupid things.

I don't see how blatantly ignoring proof is you doing anything though... I did jack by showing you Marvel directly thinks Celestials>>>Odin though? Ya, that makes a world of sense.

BTW, giving people good feats isn't proof of a company's stance on a fight if you need a reminder... which you do.... even though it won't do anything because you got a really deluded mindset on this subject.

He managed to do MORE damage than 3 skyfathers combined. Also Thor's feat is more recent than the skyfathers vs Arshiem one, so either the skyfathers jobbed or the Celestials have been retconned to be weaker than they were earlier. Thor created a person sized hole with a full on swing while his powers were doubled and Exitar didn't even notice...
Hell, his Godblast only made him pause and destroyed his hammer in the meantime.

You want to talk about Godblasts though? How about the time Thor's godblast (that wasn't reinforced by the belt of strength) ripped a hole through Zelia powered by all the Dark Gods AND Odin? Thor's Godblast > Odin? And you know who took a Godblast that destroyed Mjolnir right next to their brain with only a slight pause? Exitar.

Retcon because someone caused them to pause, and made a person sized hole in you... what? In the same arc Arishem no sold super powered Thor's attack that he had to draw on the planet to fire against him... I'm glad out of your two options you never once mentioned that Thor could have had a super high feat...
Great show of desperation though. Round of applause.

Yet Thor still has the better feats. Two Thors clanging hammers caused a shockwave that was felt throughtout the universe and the narrator compared it to the big bang. Show me Drax doing anything compared to what Thor did to being Exitar's level. Thor schooled Power Gem Drax. Thor's Godblast has stopped and reversed Juggernaut's forward momentum. I could go on but Thor's feats absolutely shxt all over Drax's.

Now while your at it, show me a Celestial destroying a galaxy like Odin has. Or creating a dimension like Odin has. Or rocking the multiverse in any of ther fights like Odin has. Or threatening the universe with destruction because you are fighting a rival god like Odin has.

All you got is ONE encounter 20+ years ago.
Thor had none of those feats at the time of his encounter, the Power Gem Drax vs Thor doesn't count via your logic, his strength was doubled vs Exitar and it did the equivalent of nothing. Thor's Godblast isn't relevant to most if not all fights... especially when he doesn't use it in a comic. Also hyperbole on the first thing you said... that was easy.
Also, Thor didn't cause der Keratteral dermage dough OMG!!!
P.S. You missed She Hulk pounding Drax's ass in when She Hulk has no where near the collateral damage feats of Drax

"Now while you're at it, show some collateral damage feats while I ignore the on panel verification"
I like Rage's explanation for that better than the "IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE ODIN FEATS BRO!!!"
Also lol at you naming four different Odin feats, and 3 of them were from the same fight... that was 15 years ago. And Odin creating a dimension... I hope you're not talking about Asgard...

But even young Franklin Richards created a dimension, and at full power is said to be on par with a Celestial. That dimension was then housed inside a Celestial. And by created, I mean created instantly, not over the span of many years.

DC has Superman hanging with Abstracts so what's your point? This is what I want to see. Superman = abstracts, and any character who beats him is pis.
I'm glad you stand by your logic though. Odin fanboy logic extends to Superman logic. Superman vs Eternity is a good thread in your opinion?

Hyperion Prime
is this why galactus felt fear when tiamut awoke?

tiamut or Exitar , or Scathan would make galactus there *****

What the hell??? confused I said Celestials>>>> Galactus. In America that means the celestials are greater.

> means greater
< means less than

Slaanesh
Galactus should solo..

Sr J-Bieb
I fixed your post

On panel feats by Odin dwarf anything the Celestials have ever done. But that's not how Marvel sees it. Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Odin, Vishnu, and Zeus arrive to beat Arishem.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9797/thor30015ns4.th.jpghttp://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpghttp://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3113/thor30017bh8.th.jpg

zopzop
Thor by himself did more damage than Super Destroyer powered by damn near everyone including Odin... He's Thor, he does stupid things.

I don't see how blatantly ignoring proof is you doing anything though... I did jack by showing you Marvel directly thinks Celestials>>>Odin though? Ya, that makes a world of sense.

BTW, giving people good feats isn't proof of a company's stance on a fight if you need a reminder... which you do.... even though it won't do anything because you got a really deluded mindset on this subject.

Thor created a person sized hole with a full on swing while his powers were doubled and Exitar didn't even notice...
Hell, his Godblast only made him pause and destroyed his hammer in the meantime.

You want to talk about Godblasts though? How about the time Thor's godblast (that wasn't reinforced by the belt of strength) ripped a hole through Zelia powered by all the Dark Gods AND Odin? Thor's Godblast > Odin? And you know who took a Godblast that destroyed Mjolnir right next to their brain with only a slight pause? Exitar.

Retcon because someone caused them to pause, and made a person sized hole in you... what? In the same arc Arishem no sold super powered Thor's attack that he had to draw on the planet to fire against him... I'm glad out of your two options you never once mentioned that Thor could have had a super high feat...
Great show of desperation though. Round of applause.

Thor had none of those feats at the time of his encounter, the Power Gem Drax vs Thor doesn't count via your logic, his strength was doubled vs Exitar and it did the equivalent of nothing. Thor's Godblast isn't relevant to most if not all fights... especially when he doesn't use it in a comic. Also hyperbole on the first thing you said... that was easy.
Also, Thor didn't cause der Keratteral dermage dough OMG!!!
P.S. You missed She Hulk pounding Drax's ass in when She Hulk has no where near the collateral damage feats of Drax

"Now while you're at it, show some collateral damage feats while I ignore the on panel verification"
I like Rage's explanation for that better than the "IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE ODIN FEATS BRO!!!"
Also lol at you naming four different Odin feats, and 3 of them were from the same fight... that was 15 years ago. And Odin creating a dimension... I hope you're not talking about Asgard...

But even young Franklin Richards created a dimension, and at full power is said to be on par with a Celestial. That dimension was then housed inside a Celestial. And by created, I mean created instantly, not over the span of many years.

This is what I want to see. Superman = abstracts, and any character who beats him is pis.
I'm glad you stand by your logic though. Odin fanboy logic extends to Superman logic. Superman vs Eternity is a good thread in your opinion?

And now you're just rambling. The point is Odin and the Skyfathers were humiliated by the Celestials 20+years ago. Since then FAR LESS than a skyfather has damaged them or outright destroyed them.

So either the skyfathers JOBBED or the Celestials have been watered down.

Add to the fact that Odin has better on panel feats of power than any Celestial and doubt starts growing.

Sr J-Bieb
And now you're just rambling. The point is Odin and the Skyfathers were humiliated by the Celestials 20+years ago. Since then FAR LESS than a skyfather has damaged them or outright destroyed them.

So either the skyfathers JOBBED or the Celestials have been watered down.

Add to the fact that Odin has better on panel feats of power than any Celestial and doubt starts growing. And now you're just ignoring everything you said previously, and everything I said. That isn't how you prove your case.

I win you lose. Concession accepted.

The point is Odin and the Skyfathers were humiliated by the Celestials 20+years ago.
The point is Odin and the Skyfathers were humiliated by the Celestials
Odin and the Skyfathers were humiliated by the Celestials
Great point though

zopzop
And now you're just ignoring everything you said previously, and everything I said. That isn't how you prove your case.

I win you lose. Concession accepted.

Great point though

Keep dreaming. I'm still waiting for the scans showing the Celestials operating on a higher level of power than Odin. I'm not just talking destruction or collateral damage feats.

Sr J-Bieb
Keep dreaming. I'm still waiting for the scans showing the Celestials operating on a higher level of power than Odin. I'm not just talking destruction or collateral damage feats. Sure thing

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9797/thor30015ns4.th.jpghttp://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpghttp://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3113/thor30017bh8.th.jpg

h1a8
I hope you know I actually agree with you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000%, but Marvel doesn't. We have to go by what's on panel and on panel Odin has some stupendous feats under his belt. Thor too.

I've never seen anything under the HotU do what Thor did to a Celestial. Sure Invisible Woman cracked a Celestials shell, but the excuse was that her force fields are of the same energy field or whatever as their shells. Thor didn't need anything like that, he brute force destroyed Exitar's skull which was said to be even stronger than Exitar's outer shell.
I hope you are not equating blunt force trauma with energy projection.

How do you know how strong a celestial's armor is against blunt force trauma? It may not be stronger than adamantium for all we know. It may be made out of a very durable material (not indestructible though) that can absorb and channel energy very well. Thor once used all of his strength to destroy adamantium and could only manage to put a very small dent in adamantium (the scan showed no dent though).

Thus we must conclude that adamantium is stronger. Also Thor was not only using the belt of strength (which doubles his strength) but he was using a FREAKING HAMMER. Try busting a diamond with your bare hands. With an ordinary sledge hammer it is easy peasy lemon squeezy. That means Thor's natural strength only contributed to less than 20% of the feat. Over 80% of the feat was due to the belt (doubling Thor's strength) and the FREAKING HAMMER.

zopzop
Sure thing

Fail, that's all you have. One issue from 20+years ago. Like I said a lot has changed since then. Thor cracked Exitar's outer shell and cranium. Invisible Woman outright KILLED Exitar.

Sr J-Bieb
Fail, that's all you have. One issue from 20+years ago. Like I said a lot has changed since then. Thor cracked Exitar's outer shell and cranium. Invisible Woman outright KILLED Exitar. That's the only time they have 'fought'... outside when super powered Destroy got turned into scrap metal. Don't ask me to prove something when it's directly proven and then act like it never happened.
"Hey bro, show me some scans where the Celestials are better than Odin"
*Scans of Arishem embarrassing Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu*
"Never happened, 20 years ago, that's all you have, ODIN DESTROYED GALAXIES BRO!!!"

Odin only has one noteworthy feat from inside 20 years IYO, and that's from the Seth fight. It's hilarious that you keep saying "20+years ago"

Thor made a person sized hole in Exitar's shell that did nothing.
Invisible Woman destroyed his shell because of her wavelength of energy. Is this how we debate? By bringing up weaknesses and overplaying absolutely nothing?

I thought you already gave up? Why are you still acting like you know what you're talking about?

Omega Vision
This 'raw power feats trumps direct comparison and established hierarchy' is just plain idiotic.

C'mon Zopzop, enough is enough.

psycho gundam
stfu

how can you be so opinionated yet equally misinformed about the things you base your opinions on?

zopzop
That's the only time they have 'fought'... outside when super powered Destroy got turned into scrap metal. Don't ask me to prove something when it's directly proven and then act like it never happened.
"Hey bro, show me some scans where the Celestials are better than Odin"
*Scans of Arishem embarrassing Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu*
"Never happened, 20 years ago, that's all you have, ODIN DESTROYED GALAXIES BRO!!!"

Odin only has one noteworthy feat from inside 20 years IYO, and that's from the Seth fight. It's hilarious that you keep saying "20+years ago"

Thor made a person sized hole in Exitar's shell that did nothing.
Invisible Woman destroyed his shell because of her wavelength of energy. Is this how we debate? By bringing up weaknesses and overplaying absolutely nothing?

I thought you already gave up? Why are you still acting like you know what you're talking about?

Fact is, they are nowhere near as indestructible as they were when they first appeared. The IW one is especially embarrassing since anyone that can duplicate her energy can do the same to a Celestial.

Sr J-Bieb
Fact is, they are nowhere near as indestructible as they were when they first appeared. The IW one is especially embarrassing since anyone that can duplicate her energy can do the same to a Celestial. Fact is, you haven't even read the comic that Odin tried to attack them in.

Why do you make this so easy

And this is the second time you've given up. Third time's the charm?

zopzop
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This 'raw power feats trumps direct comparison and established hierarchy' is just plain idiotic.

C'mon Zopzop, enough is enough.

THey only fought ONCE 20+ years ago! Since then the Celestials have been damaged/destroyed by much less than a skyfather.

Omega Vision
THey only fought ONCE 20+ years ago! Since then the Celestials have been damaged/destroyed by much less than a skyfather.
Odin has destroyed a Galaxy ONCE 20+ years ago. Since then he has had plenty of battles where he didn't show nearly as much raw power.

See how this works?

Sr J-Bieb
THey only fought ONCE 20+ years ago! Since then the Celestials have been damaged/destroyed by much less than a skyfather. I don't think you want to play the low feat game with Odin...

zopzop
Fact is, you haven't even read the comic that Odin tried to attack them in.

Why do you make this so easy

And this is the second time you've given up. Third time's the charm?

Genius, I have the damn comic.

zopzop
I don't think you want to play the low feat game with Odin...

First let's play the high end game with the Celestials, then we'll move on to the Odin low end game.

zopzop
Odin has destroyed a Galaxy ONCE 20+ years ago. Since then he has had plenty of battles where he didn't show nearly as much raw power.

See how this works?

I think it's more times than that. At least twice or thrice. I'll have to check the respect thread again. Rage would know for sure.

psycho gundam
First let's play the high end game with the Celestials, then we'll move on to the Odin low end game.

thanos' clone's lackey tarakis slipped odin a date rape drug in his tea, putting him in a coma.

sorry, that was an odin low feat before a high celestial one

http://i54.tinypic.com/2wflaf8.gif

Sr J-Bieb
Genius, I have the damn comic. Then why would you say this?
Fact is, they are nowhere near as indestructible as they were when they first appeared.

First let's play the high end game with the Celestials, then we'll move on to the Odin low end game. Don't change subjects.
As Quan would say, ANTS! Dark Gods, getting his fingers almost bitten off, the Odin Force getting beat by Volstagg, getting brainwashed, Thor walking through his attack non chalant, Loki in Odin's body getting two pieced by Masterson Thor, Zelia with Odin's power getting a hole punched through it by a Godblast, getting pretty much one shotted by a Doom who had Galactus' power (Doom wasn't even aware that he had lost the Cube later, which leads me to believe he wasn't using it), I believe Mangog destroyed a bridge and this setback Odin, etc.

Also, you'd see this as a low feat:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor_291_17.jpg

Sr J-Bieb

C'mon Zopzop, enough is enough. thumb up

zopzop
Then why would you say this?

Because it's true? Otherwise how would Thor inflict more damage on Exitar than 3 skyfathers did vs Arshiem? How would the IW be able to destroy Exitar or any Celestial with her force fields?

Let's see the high end feats that trounce Odin's. You keep running your mo0uth and avoiding the subject because you know you don't have any.

psycho gundam
direct comparison and established hierarchy

Sr J-Bieb

Because it's true? Otherwise how would Thor inflict more damage on Exitar than 3 skyfathers did vs Arshiem? How would the IW be able to destroy Exitar or any Celestial with her force fields?

Let's see the high end feats that trounce Odin's. You keep running your mo0uth and avoiding the subject because you know you don't have any. You obviously never read the whole comic. I get it.

I never said Celestials have high end feats that trump Odin's, that's your Odin fanboy logic talking. I just said that Celestials are proven to be above Skyfathers on panel. Which was your first point. You've asked numerous times about where Celestials are shown above Odin, and I showed you... numerous times.
You then proceed to talk about some irrelevant shit while completely ignoring the possibility that Celestials are indeed above Odin... like what Marvel showed... on panel.

What you don't get is that I don't care about some high end feats when there's a direct comparison right thar. Hell, you went so far as to say Superman is on par with abstracts in DC because of his feats. Your logic is clearly retarded.

I'll be surprised if Rage comes to your rescue here (since you mentioned him saving you).

zopzop
You obviously never read the whole comic. I get it.

I never said Celestials have high end feats that trump Odin's, that's your Odin fanboy logic talking. I just said that Celestials are proven to be above Skyfathers on panel. Which was your first point. You've asked numerous times about where Celestials are shown above Odin, and I showed you... numerous times.
You then proceed to talk about some irrelevant shit while completely ignoring the possibility that Celestials are indeed above Odin... like what Marvel showed... on panel.

What you don't get is that I don't care about some high end feats when there's a direct comparison right thar. Hell, you went so far as to say Superman is on par with abstracts in DC because of his feats. Your logic is clearly retarded.

I'll be surprised if Rage comes to your rescue here (since you mentioned him saving you).

You showed ONE scene for over 20 years ago. Things change in comics. In that very same comic, 3 skyfathers and an Odin and all Asgard (except Thor) powered Destroyer couldn't phase them.

15 or so years later, Thor, by himself, busts a hole in Exitar's shell and then crushes his skull (which was said to be harder than his outer shell) and caused Exitar to flinch.

7 or so years later, the IW KILLED A CELESTIAL. Before you ***** and moan about her being their kryptonite, keep in mind any being capable of duplicating her powers energy signature (hyperspace) can do the same to a Celestial (since this event hasn't been retconned away).

There was an incident with Superman going up against Imperiex (or someone harnessing Impreiex's power) and actually pushing him back as he resisted. Imperiex was an abstract no?

psycho gundam
^ actually, when thor showed up after the asgardian destroyer got melted and odin killed, thor threw the overword (odin sword) through iirc arishem's torso knocking him down.

thor did better than the destroyer filled with every asgardian in asgard (save thor and hela) with odin in control of it, weilding the oversword.

Sr J-Bieb
You showed ONE scene for over 20 years ago. Things change in comics. In that very same comic, 3 skyfathers and an Odin and all Asgard (except Thor) powered Destroyer couldn't phase them.

15 or so years later, Thor, by himself, busts a hole in Exitar's shell and then crushes his skull (which was said to be harder than his outer shell) and caused Exitar to flinch.

7 or so years later, the IW KILLED A CELESTIAL. Before you ***** and moan about her being their kryptonite, keep in mind any being capable of duplicating her powers energy signature (hyperspace) can do the same to a Celestial (since this event hasn't been retconned away).

There was an incident with Superman going up against Imperiex (or someone harnessing Impreiex's power) and actually pushing him back as he resisted. Imperiex was an abstract no? Well, at least PG read the comic.

Try 8 years.
Are you still seriously trying to use Thor using his most powerful attack backed by the belt of strength directed right beside Exitar's brain and it only causing him to flinch as a proof of his power being lower? EL OH EL
If you're going to try and start back up the argument that you previously backed down from, then at least try and take into consideration what I said earlier... otherwise it makes you look like you're a massive dodger.
Take for example, a Godblast being used against a being who had Odin's power, and multiple other powers... which tore right through her. Oh ya, I've already said this twice, and you dodged the shit out of it twice.

People who have been said to use Hyperspace in comics besides the Celestials:
2?

Also, what's your point? It's still his weakness, capable of being replicated or not.
"It might be a weakness, and Odin can't replicate it, but someone can... somewhere..."

Powered up Superman and it was Brainiac. Another EL OH EL at you trying to back up your Odin fanboy logic for Superman. I'm glad we had this 'debate'. Good times were had by all

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ actually, when thor showed up after the asgardian destroyer got melted and odin killed, thor threw the overword (odin sword) through iirc arishem's torso knocking him down.

thor did better than the destroyer filled with every asgardian in asgard (save thor and hela) with odin in control of it, weilding the oversword.

Actually, Arshiem ALLOWED the sword to pass into and through him to better examine it's nature. It was stated on panel.

zopzop
Well, at least PG read the comic.

Try 8 years.
Are you still seriously trying to use Thor using his most powerful attack backed by the belt of strength directed right beside Exitar's brain and it only causing him to flinch as a proof of his power being lower? EL OH EL
If you're going to try and start back up the argument that you previously backed down from, then at least try and take into consideration what I said earlier... otherwise it makes you look like you're a massive dodger.
Take for example, a Godblast being used against a being who had Odin's power, and multiple other powers... which tore right through her. Oh ya, I've already said this twice, and you dodged the shit out of it twice.

People who have been said to use Hyperspace in comics besides the Celestials:
2?

Also, what's your point? It's still his weakness, capable of being replicated or not.
"It might be a weakness, and Odin can't replicate it, but someone can... somewhere..."

Powered up Superman and it was Brainiac. Another EL OH EL at you trying to back up your Odin fanboy logic for Superman. I'm glad we had this 'debate'. Good times were had by all

The Belt of Strength did NOTHING to amp the blast, it was to brace Mjolnir so it wouldn't shatter but it did anyway. It's even stated on panel.

What about Hyperstorm and Super Skrull? I'm sure there's others if I cared to look. Fact is, anyone that can replicate her powers can kill a Celestial. Who said Odin cant' replicate it? I mean Skrull technology did it.

Brianiac tapping Imperiex's power no?

Sr J-Bieb
The Belt of Strength did NOTHING to amp the blast, it was to brace Mjolnir so it wouldn't shatter but it did anyway. It's even stated on panel.

What about Hyperstorm and Super Skrull? I'm sure there's others if I cared to look. Fact is, anyone that can replicate her powers can kill a Celestial. Who said Odin cant' replicate it? I mean Skrull technology did it.

Brianiac tapping Imperiex's power no? Way to dodge quite a few points. Classic zopzop
I don't care if it amped him or not, the amount of power flowing through it destroyed his hammer, and it only caused him to flinch. How in the shit is that supposed to lower his status?

3, that makes it so much more open.
Odin has called upon the power of hyperspace on panel and he knows of the Celestial's weakness?

Yes, and amped Superman...
I hope to see you try and prove to me that Superman is an abstract though, so I'm curious about how this goes.

I'm going to bed though. Impress me, hell, anyone at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.