Dr. Doom vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RE: Blaxican
Doom with feats from la Fantastic Four crapfests vs. 2011 Thor.

Fight takes place in the capital wasteland.

NemeBro
Can't Doom take the heat of a supernova or something? Or was that hyperbole?

Zack Fair
He kind of did take it in the end of FF#1. If memory doesn't fail me Sue put a bubble around doom and then human torch went nova. I think he was still up when torch finished and then they used water to finish Doom off.

KingD19
In the 1st FF movie, Johnny's supernova was hypothesized by Reed to reach high enough levels to incinerate Earth's atmosphere. He also destroyed a unit designed specifically to contain said nova.

When they fought Doom, Sue made a huge forcefield with Johnny inside, then he went bang. It turned Doom into molten metal basically, but he seemed unharmed. Then they pounded him with water and the rapid change in temp made him turn to stone or something.

marwash22
Doom gets knocked around...

Is there a mercy rule for the cases where a person can't be put down permanently? Thor would wreck Doom, but going by the movie he's not likely to go down for good. So how long does Thor have to kick his ass to be deemed the winner?

FrothByte
I'm assuming this is Doom without the power cosmic yet? If so, then I agree with marwash22. Doom gets knocked around for the whole day. I mean, he's pretty strong on his own... but I'm not sure it's equal to thor.

It would be fun to see Doom zap Thor with electricity (I kinda remember him being able to do that in the movies) while Thor zaps him with lightning and let's see who can tank it more.

But Thor will still need to find a way to incapacitate him. Other than BFR, I don't see how.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Doom gets knocked around...

Is there a mercy rule for the cases where a person can't be put down permanently? Thor would wreck Doom, but going by the movie he's not likely to go down for good. So how long does Thor have to kick his ass to be deemed the winner?

Doom knocked around The Thing and the Thing had more impressive strength feats than Thor, iirc.

Doom would wreck Thor, more likely.

Nephthys
Doom's electricity has enough power to burn through a human torso. Thats alotta dakka. I'm bot sure Thor can take or dish out that kind of punishment. And as mentioned above, he can't reliably hurt Doom at all.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
Doom knocked around The Thing and the Thing had more impressive strength feats than Thor, iirc.

Doom would wreck Thor, more likely.

Thing can't fly.
Thing doesn't have weather manipulation.
Thing has no ranged attacks.
Thor one-shot a giant frost creature.
Thor one-shot the Destroyer and made it look easy.
Thor is a much better fighter if it does come to close quarters.
Thor > Thing.

Thor could simply place Mjolnir on Doom's chest. flirt

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nephthys
Doom's electricity has enough power to burn through a human torso. Thats alotta dakka. I'm bot sure Thor can take or dish out that kind of punishment. And as mentioned above, he can't reliably hurt Doom at all.

Thor's lightning decimated whole acres of frost giant territory... and that was just a single shot. I don't think Doom's electricity has that much damage output.

NemeBro
That was not lightning.

That was just him slamming his hammer down.

That hit would turn Thing into a collection of pebbles.

Just pointing out, if the Human Torch had actually put out the heat or a sun going super nova, it would have ignited the atmosphere or something.

So, I'm of the opinion that it was hyperbole.

Zack Fair
That is why Sue put the bubble around them. She even bled like a cocaine whore after a night at the club.

She put a bubble around the Earth's atmosphere?

ares834
No around the Torch and Doom.

K-Dog
Doom was able to capture electricity and use it to become stronger. I don't know if that will have a major effect on the battle, but I would assume he could absorb any lightning to his benefit.

Darth Martin
Thor is on another level.......

the ninjak
Would'nt Doom absorb Thor's lightning?

Wasn't he meant to be a human conduit of energy. Organic metal. Who could survive a Super Nova.

The hammer itself would smash Doom but Thor's wide burst attacks could leave Doom amped and ready to go.

Either way I'm still going with Thor here. He's just too offensive.

Badabing
Thor wins. A good hammer throw will BFR Doom. Not sure if the "magic" qualities of Thor's lightning will work for or against Doom. I am confident Doom's energy will be ineffective against Thor. Originally posted by the ninjak
Either way I'm still going with Thor here. He's just too offensive. Why does Thor offend you? sneer

durthor

marwash22
Originally posted by Badabing
Thor wins. A good hammer throw will BFR Doom. Not sure if the "magic" qualities of Thor's lightning will work for or against Doom. I am confident Doom's energy will be ineffective against Thor. Why does Thor offend you? sneer

durthor you don't belong here. sneer

Badabing
you don't belong here. sneer What, you gonna threaten me with another extinction level event? ahuh

See you in the CB vs forum. biscuits

marwash22
Originally posted by Badabing
What, you gonna threaten me with another extinction level event? ahuh

See you in the CB vs forum. biscuits ohno

Badabing
ohno stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.