Checkmate VS Hellfire Club

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Round 1; Strongest incarnations of each organization are fighting.

Round 2; Weakest incarnations of each organization are fighting.

fights start in times square.
witless minions for everybody!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qWL2qwti2XU/TV9e8Dwgz3I/AAAAAAABm3Y/mgbEReC9gqU/s1600/chess.jpg

Prep-Man
Checkmate has Chimera (I believe he's still a member). Checkmate wins with ease.

JakeTheBank
Checkmate also had Alan Scott.

Prep-Man
Forgot about him. They also had Mr. Terrific, who is like hella smart.

JakeTheBank
On the flip side, though, Hellfire Club had Blackheart, Selene, and Madelyne Pryor for starters.

SevenShackles
yeah i seriously cant figure out who trumpts who... them both with their A game/roster or with their weaker line-ups. a winner escapes me and my comic knowledge lol.

Q99
Strongest Hellfire should be when they were manipulating Dark Phoenix to be a member smile

In general I'd think the Hellfire Club takes it, they often have at least one real powerhouse among their members like Magneto or Selene, and even when they don't like in more classic versions, they have strong people like Shaw and Emma. Only occasionally does Checkmate have a lot of meta power.

Though Checkmate does have many more mundane agents.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Checkmate has Chimera (I believe he's still a member). Checkmate wins with ease.

What can Chimera do? I've heard of him but don't know his abilities.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
Strongest Hellfire should be when they were manipulating Dark Phoenix to be a member smile

In general I'd think the Hellfire Club takes it, they often have at least one real powerhouse among their members like Magneto or Selene, and even when they don't like in more classic versions, they have strong people like Shaw and Emma. Only occasionally does Checkmate have a lot of meta power.

Though Checkmate does have many more mundane agents.

What can Chimera do? I've heard of him but don't know his abilities.

Been a while since I read it, but I remember him being a total beast in the last few issues of Checkmate. I think he can counter Dark Phoenix myself. He seemed to not have any limitations. Anyway, here is his link...

http://www.comicvine.com/chimera/29-32154/

ExodusCloak
He can counter Dark Phoenix? If many power mimics and power duplicators don't actually mimic or duplicate the real Phoenix Force what makes you think he can mimic it?

Prep-Man
Because that's his power. He takes the powers and uses it better than the actual user.

Glorificus
Hellfire Club takes it if it's the strongest.

Dark Phoenix + Magneto + Selene + Blackheart + Daimon Hellstrom + Goblin Queen = checkmate against Checkmate.

Weakest incarnation, Checkmate takes it I believe. The weakest Hellfire Club just had a bunch of rich humans with fetishes about the 18th century.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.