Most formidable for these characters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Meaning which eras/creators wrote the most formidable
superman
thor
silver surfer
green lantern
flash
wonder man
quasar
wonder woman

dmills
Superman- Too many books
Thor- Simonson
silver surfer- Giffen/DnA
green lantern- which Lantern?
flash -which flash?
wonder man - Gerard Jones and co during "operation galactic storm"
quasar- Come on... Gruenwald
wonder woman confused

JakeTheBank
Superman: Pre-Crisis is an obvious choice. Barring that, Loeb's Superman was pretty impressive. Morrison's Superman was as well. James Robinson when he's not dicking around.

Thor: Lee/Kirby, Thomas, Simonson, Starlin, Jurgens, and Oeming all had Thor do some pretty crazy ass shit.

Silver Surfer: I don't read a whole lot of Surfer outside of supporting cameos, tbh. I like DnA's, though.

Green Lantern: Waid's GL had some pretty uber showings. And Geoff Johns of course has had Hal do some impressive things when he's not just using energy beams and constructs.

Flash: Geoff Johns for both Wally and Barry, imo.

Wonder Man: Busiek/Perez gave him more props. I guess Bendis to a degree.

Quasar: DnA's Quasar is pretty tough, imo, but I'm not authority on the character.

Wonder Woman: Probably between Perez, Rucka, and Simone.

Q99
Superman- Joe Kelly'd be my bet, mainly because he had him using his powers smarter and more than just about anyone else. Hm, Electric Superman is a contender too.

Wonder Woman- Simone. She took the formidable Rucka Diana, then added some minor advantages and had her fight big stuff more. Though some JLA versions likely are up there too.

Green Lantern- Kyle during the Winnick/Morrison eras. That's when he did the *really* big feats.

Flash- Geoff Johns.

Prep-Man
i would have said waid for flash. wally did some amazing things. also this is hal gl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.