Snake Plissken versus Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Same scenario as "Escape from NY", Snake is to rescue the President. He flies Gulfstream glider into the prison and lands on top of the World Trade Center. He exits the glider, activates the elevator, and exits on the 50th floor.

Hauk tells him to sue the east stairwell. As Snake approaches the stairwell, Hauk radios him. "Plisskin, you ever heard of a bounty hunter named Jango Fett?"

Plisskin had. He had never met the man, but he knew of his reputation. "Yeah, why?" Plisskin replies.

"Well, he just entered the building. He's on the first floor, making his way up tp you. Just thought you should know."

Snake does the math. He had enemies all over the world, apparently one had hired Fett to apprehend him or kill him. Fett was the best bounty hunter in the business.

Battle to the death. Fett is in full armor with his jetpack, and is armed with his twin blasters. Snake is armed with all his weapons and gear.

Who wins?

RE: Blaxican
Voldemort

Rogue Jedi
Sssshhhhh...... *throws you a basketball*

Johnny Demonic
Battle of two cool dudes (cause Boba just looks cool, Jango is cool).

Jango gets 3 .357 slugs in the face.

Rogue Jedi
That, or a buncha 9mm's to the chest.

NowYouRemember
Dude, bad ass fight.

I'd actually love to see this in a movie. Good opening btw.

Let's see...

Regular plastoid armor used by Stormtroopers is actually resistant to all but high-caliber slugthower rounds. (machine guns)

Jango's armor is even higher-grade than that.

He's bullet-proof to whatever Snake throws at him, well, except for some exposed areas..

That, and he's got his own assortment of weaponry.

Two pistols that are armor-piercing and can connect faster than Snake's guns; a rocket-launcher and a flamethrower.

Snake would have to avoid his weapons somehow and get in close.

Even then, Jango has been known to kill several Jedi nearly at once with his bare hands.

So hand to hand, or with guns... Snake is in the fight of his life.

But he's tough and resourceful.

Gonna give this a 50/50.

Rogue Jedi
Bullets actually travel faster than blaster bolts.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Bullets actually travel faster than blaster bolts.

Really?

This is new to me, how do they travel faster?

(Seriously, first I've heard of that.)

Rogue Jedi
dadudemon broke it down once for us. Math, physics and shit.

RE: Blaxican
Bullets don't move faster than blaster bolts. Blaster bolts look like they movie slowly because they glow brightly like tracers. Tracer rounds look like they move slower than normal bullets for the same reason.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Bullets don't move faster than blaster bolts. Blaster bolts look like they movie slowly because they glow brightly like tracers. Tracer rounds look like they move slower than normal bullets for the same reason.

Right, that's the way I had understood it, too.

Anyway from what I've heard, modern science in general dictates that a laser does move faster than a bullet.

Jango's Westar pistols outclass Plisken's guns, unfortunately.

Psychotron
Jango should win.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Bullets don't move faster than blaster bolts. Blaster bolts look like they movie slowly because they glow brightly like tracers. Tracer rounds look like they move slower than normal bullets for the same reason. Wrong. It's all about the flight time. How long it takes from the moment the shooter shoots til the time it reaches the target.

DDM'll be on later, he'll explain it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.