Odin VS Galactus (In a Fist Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss

galactus shrinks himself down to odin's height. no energy projection/amping. classic odin. galactus is fairly hungry. pure fist fight/boxing. ends upon a KO.

who wins?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by wildernesss
galactus shrinks himself down to odin's height. Much easier than Odin growing to Galactus height...

Hyperion Prime

galactus shrinks himself down to odin's height. no energy projection/amping. classic odin. galactus is somewhat hungry/unfed.
pure fist fight/boxing. ends upon a KO.

who wins?

Why handicap Galactus by making him hungry, unfed??? confused

wildernesss
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Why handicap Galactus by making him hungry, unfed??? confused

he's too powerful otherwise. i did say somewhat/fairly hungry. he isn't very hungry.

Hyperion Prime
he's too powerful otherwise. i did say somewhat/fairly hungry. he isn't very hungry.

To be honest with you I think in a fist fight Odin takes him even well fed. I have only seen Galactus fist fight once against the in-betweener. Also a beam from Thanos put Galactus on his ass. Odin wins in a fist fight and only in a fist fight.

Colossus-Big C
galactus also had a fist fight zeus

media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71666/1489543-untitled_super.jpg

wildernesss
this is no energy projection or amping, so i don't think a baseline strength odin is as strong as galactus. even shrunk down to odin's height, he would retain his strength. galactus is protected by a suit shielding his body/face & he is more durable than odin.

cdtm
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Sweet.

What story is that from?

Hyperion Prime
this is no energy projection or amping, so i don't think a baseline strength odin is as strong as galactus. even shrunk down to odin's height, he would retain his strength. galactus is protected by a suit shielding his body/face & he is more durable than odin.

Dude I think Odin takes him. I have never really seen a Galactus strength feat.

psycho gundam
he's too powerful otherwise. lol

wildernesss
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lol

im glad you see that there's truth in humor. a fully fed galactus would stomp odin.

Harbinger
lol at some of the inane responses in this thread.

wildernesss
Dude I think Odin takes him. I have never really seen a Galactus strength feat.

you may be right, but galactus probably wins 3 or 4 out of ten.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

lol....ya, but how did that end? i have a feeling galactus flicked him away 2 seconds after that scan.

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
Sweet.

What story is that from?

Never mind, I Google fued it.

So it's from Chaos War 3.. And Zeus not only tanks Galactus's best shot, but he put him down in a counter attack?

Sounds like Odin beating Big G may not be so far fetched after all...

Naija boy
Originally posted by cdtm
Never mind, I Google fued it.

So it's from Chaos War 3.. And Zeus not only tanks Galactus's best shot, but he put him down in a counter attack?

Sounds like Odin beating Big G may not be so far fetched after all...

zeus was posessed by the Chaos king and so was amped

cdtm
lol....ya, but how did that end? i have a feeling galactus flicked him away 2 seconds after that scan.

Not at all. He shot him with his eye beams, and Zeus came out like a DBZ character surviving a massive attack, covered in smoke but otherwise undamaged. Big G expresses amazement at a "mere skyfather" (His words) surviving his attack. Then Zeus calls down the mother of all lightning bolts, and Big G hits the floor.

He's up a few pages later though.

cdtm
Originally posted by Naija boy
zeus was posessed by the Chaos king and so was amped

Ah.

Never mind then.

Too bad, it was an awesome scene too...

cdtm
Saw more scans.

Yeah, Zeus was possessed. But Ares seemed pretty sure Zeus's regular power was a threat to Galactus. And Galactus was hungry, too..

Also, Herc laid out Surfer with a punch. I hope that doesn't mean Chaos War is one of those "Onslaught" type storylines, rampant in PIS and stuff.. I do plan on reading it.

Colossus-Big C
Herc was super amped in that story line

h1a8
To be honest with you I think in a fist fight Odin takes him even well fed. I have only seen Galactus fist fight once against the in-betweener. Also a beam from Thanos put Galactus on his ass. Odin wins in a fist fight and only in a fist fight.

Energy beam durability is not the same as blunt force durability.
Being fire resistant doesn't mean you are also bullet proof.
Also if the mighiest of all beings doesn't brace then they can be sent flying by the weakest person able to lift their weight. Spider man knock the Hulk very far away provided Hulk isn't bracing.

We seen when Galactus was prepared and not cheapshotted he withstood galaxy busting attacks with no problems.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by h1a8
Energy beam durability is not the same as blunt force durability.
Being fire resistant doesn't mean you are also bullet proof.
Also if the mighiest of all beings doesn't brace then they can be sent flying by the weakest person able to lift their weight. Spider man knock the Hulk very far away provided Hulk isn't bracing.

We seen when Galactus was prepared and not cheapshotted he withstood galaxy busting attacks with no problems.

Ehhh...I see your point. I still think Odin can take him in hand to hand though.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

cdtm
Doom with Big G's power did toy with Odin.

I know he had a Cosmic Cube too, but it was embedded in his armor as part of his power siphoning device. Usually, to use a cubes reality altering powers you hold it in your hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
After Thor tells Reed Richards that Galactus while formidable, is an opponent he managed to run off himself and claimed the power of Odin rivaled the World Devourer's, Reed Richards said something along the lines of: "If only we were facing the power of Galactus alone." and went on to list all the items of power he had acquired.

I'm so tired of that goddamn mini being brought up. I should have saved the post where I deconstructed some idiots pro Galactus argument after reading the entire thing.

The most amusing argument is the one which paints Galactus superior to the Cube in power. There's like maybe one line that hints at it, but we also have the Cube taking down a Galactus empowered entity twice I think and the Watcher IIRC stated that Cube > Galactus.

Anyways, we'll find out soon enough who'd win between Odin vs. Galactus.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
After Thor tells Reed Richards that Galactus while formidable, is an opponent he managed to run off himself and claimed the power of Odin rivaled the World Devourer's, Reed Richards said something along the lines of: "If only we were facing the power of Galactus alone." and went on to list all the items of power he had acquired.

I'm so tired of that goddamn mini being brought up. I should have saved the post where I deconstructed some idiots pro Galactus argument after reading the entire thing.

The most amusing argument is the one which paints Galactus superior to the Cube in power. There's like maybe one line that hints at it, but we also have the Cube taking down a Galactus empowered entity twice I think and the Watcher IIRC stated that Cube > Galactus.

Anyways, we'll find out soon enough who'd win between Odin vs. Galactus.

Good points about the other power items. He seemed to use the items for the express purpose of power jacking Big G though, as the CC and Cosmic Control Rod are usually in the users hand to access their powers. I suppose Doom, being Doom, could have rigged his suit up to tap into their powers though..

Completely agreed about the CC being below Big G arguments not matching up with what actually happened in the comic.

Looking forward to Big G vs Odin. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.