Black Adam/Superman/Orion/captain Marvel vs Sentry/Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Sentry mind is stable for this fight... he is at full confidence. No shields for Thanos.

Who wins?

-Pr-
Sentry tries, but eventually becomes a smear on someone's fist while the others fight Thanos.

Dunno who wins...

Batman-Prime
Team 1

Nihilist
Thanos beats everyone to death using Sentry as a club

Prep-Man
I would buy that book.

Diesldude
Team 1. Why would you take away thanos' shields. He becomes purple play-doh.

wildernesss
team 1 because this is clearly spite. if void shows up, then team 2 stomps.

SquallX
Originally posted by wildernesss
team 1 because this is clearly spite. if void shows up, then team 2 stomps.

How bout no.

If i follow you're logic, i could say if Orion harness the full power of his Mother Box, and Astro force then he stomps.

quanchi112
Team Thanos wins.

Allankles
Why do people always put Thanos in these one sided fights? Team 1.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
Why do people always put Thanos in these one sided fights? Team 1. Because he's higher on the food chain than elite top tiers.

Allankles
He's higher on the food chain but that doesn't mean he packs the power to dispatch them in an efficient way.

His shields - the major reason I'd say he beats/overcomes most top tiers - aren't even in this thread. Pretty much he'll get hit... a lot.

Nihilist
The reason Thanos beats top tiers is because he uses his shields laughing out loud which top tiers did he use his shields ? You cleary don't have a clue about Thanos

Allankles
Off the top of my head SS, Fallen One, Thor. He's used some kind of shield defense against all three. The main point though is that these so called top tiers have:-
a) great durability against energy attacks - you'd have to show Thanos demonstrating the energetic output to dispatch characters of this level of durability with ease.
b) superior speed and reflexes, you'd have to show Thanos (without his shields) showing the capability to counter the speed of characters with the cqc speed of Superman, BA, CM, even Orion.

He has no energy attacks potent enough to dispatch these guys in one or two hits, after all, these are characters that have withstood disintegration beams, tesseracts opening in their brains, novas, solar system attacks, Orion can erect his own energy shields even. Basically while he's tuffer than any single top tier here, he's not powerful enough to breeze past them with any kind of ease.

You seriously underestimate these guys if you think Thanos will just knock their heads together or back hand them, this would be a real fight. If they're putting all their effort into the struggle (using their speed) he won't even touch them more often than not.

Uriel005
Adam orion and marvel deal with the pair while supes takes a good hour long sun dip even though 30 seconds-1 minute would suffice to take out thanos. Sentry isn't even an issue sans void.

JakeTheBank
Team > Duo

Bouboumaster
**** Sentry, Thanos kill most of team 1 by himself.

BattleMage
Originally posted by -Pr-
Sentry tries, but eventually becomes a smear on someone's fist while the others fight Thanos.

Dunno who wins... Really?

YoungGunna
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Team > Duo

-Pr-
Originally posted by BattleMage
Really?

Yes?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Off the top of my head SS, Fallen One, Thor. He's used some kind of shield defense against all three. The main point though is that these so called top tiers have:-
a) great durability against energy attacks - you'd have to show Thanos demonstrating the energetic output to dispatch characters of this level of durability with ease.
b) superior speed and reflexes, you'd have to show Thanos (without his shields) showing the capability to counter the speed of characters with the cqc speed of Superman, BA, CM, even Orion.

He has no energy attacks potent enough to dispatch these guys in one or two hits, after all, these are characters that have withstood disintegration beams, tesseracts opening in their brains, novas, solar system attacks, Orion can erect his own energy shields even. Basically while he's tuffer than any single top tier here, he's not powerful enough to breeze past them with any kind of ease.

You seriously underestimate these guys if you think Thanos will just knock their heads together or back hand them, this would be a real fight. If they're putting all their effort into the struggle (using their speed) he won't even touch them more often than not.

I honestly think you haven't read much Thanos at all.

He took a FULL BLAST from Surfer (his words) straight to the face and smiled and asked if he's done? He used NO shields. He took several blows from a PG Thor WITHOUT his shields and still smiled and sent thor crashing thor the floor. No shileds there and this was from an amped thor which is beyond ANY top tier.

Thanos in his weakest form TWO shot Thor with ease. That is before his upgrades he did that. Pre Upgrade... he ONE SHOT Warlock with ease.. who again is a top tier.. a top tier who also happened to have the soul gem at the time. Those are just TWO instances where he one or two shot top tiers WITH EASE and even killed one. Who me ANY top tier including superman ONE shot killing a top tier.. oooo that's right you won't find it. Yet you go.. thanos hasn't shown the firepower to put down top tiers quickly.. WTF. Need I also remind you of him putting down SS and almost killing hiim with a few punches. Blasting Galactus... who I might add has more durability than any top tier by miles... blasted him miles across the moon. Thor using a Godblast didn't even budge him. How about breaking out of quasar's construct with ease... Thor, Drax, Hulk and countless heroes were all trying to break out of it. Thanos laughs at them all and smiles and promptly ONE SHOTS it with ease. He certainly has the firepower to put down top tiers quickly and you really need to read more Thanos.

Can't react to speed... We've referened the FallenOne situation... which was reacting to a trans-lightster bull-rush with ease. We have him reacting to the maker point blank blast with ease. Same with reacting to thor's hammer shots with ease and stopping them mid-flight. We also have him teleporting out of the way of SS blasting him on two seperate occasions with ease. Surfer fires... Thanos dodges the blasts by teleportation. Point is, he can and has reacted to fast attacks from Top Tiers.

bbrem123
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly think you haven't read much Thanos at all.

He took a FULL BLAST from Surfer (his words) straight to the face and smiled and asked if he's done? He used NO shields. He took several blows from a PG Thor WITHOUT his shields and still smiled and sent thor crashing thor the floor. No shileds there and this was from an amped thor which is beyond ANY top tier.

Thanos in his weakest form TWO shot Thor with ease. That is before his upgrades he did that. Pre Upgrade... he ONE SHOT Warlock with ease.. who again is a top tier.. a top tier who also happened to have the soul gem at the time. Those are just TWO instances where he one or two shot top tiers WITH EASE and even killed one. Who me ANY top tier including superman ONE shot killing a top tier.. oooo that's right you won't find it. Yet you go.. thanos hasn't shown the firepower to put down top tiers quickly.. WTF. Need I also remind you of him putting down SS and almost killing hiim with a few punches. Blasting Galactus... who I might add has more durability than any top tier by miles... blasted him miles across the moon. Thor using a Godblast didn't even budge him. How about breaking out of quasar's construct with ease... Thor, Drax, Hulk and countless heroes were all trying to break out of it. Thanos laughs at them all and smiles and promptly ONE SHOTS it with ease. He certainly has the firepower to put down top tiers quickly and you really need to read more Thanos.

Can't react to speed... We've referened the FallenOne situation... which was reacting to a trans-lightster bull-rush with ease. We have him reacting to the maker point blank blast with ease. Same with reacting to thor's hammer shots with ease and stopping them mid-flight. We also have him teleporting out of the way of SS blasting him on two seperate occasions with ease. Surfer fires... Thanos dodges the blasts by teleportation. Point is, he can and has reacted to fast attacks from Top Tiers.

nice post thumb up

Brockalizer
If Thanos doesn't have his shields does he still get any of his tech, or the artifacts he's possesed like the Reality Gem, Cosmic, Cube, or HoTU. Even without them Thanos rips the Mother Box from Orions unconscious body and keeps it for himself.

quanchi112
He's higher on the food chain but that doesn't mean he packs the power to dispatch them in an efficient way.

His shields - the major reason I'd say he beats/overcomes most top tiers - aren't even in this thread. Pretty much he'll get hit... a lot. He doesn't use shields in most of his fights and has shown the power to easily beat the surfer down. He's also tanked blasts from the surfer like they were gusts of wind.

cdtm
Sentry and Thanos are telepaths, right?

Superman digs into his bag of plot device powers and uses T-Vo. evil face

Nihilist
Off the top of my head SS, Fallen One, Thor. He's used some kind of shield defense against all three. He used a shield against Surfer for 1 blast which means nothing as he has taken a full power blast from Surfer which did nothing and not to mention koing him in 2 punches and then continuing to punch him to death.
Thanos used a shield against POWER GEM Thor who was well above top tier.
Which he has against Ganymede, Jack of Hearts, Fallen One and Captain Marvell

koing Surfer in 2 punches, killing Adam Warlock in 1 blast(Warlock even had the soul gem at the time)He dropped Thor in 2 blasts and had him at his mercy and that was weaker pre res Thanos Thanos has plenty of space cheese feats like these aswell, but the fact is all characters go down to punches/blasts in the end. Where did i say he would breeze past them ?

And you are seriously underestimating Thanos if you think he doesnt have the means or knowledge of facing many foes at once

Brockalizer
It stands to reason that if Silver Surfer would be able to soundly handle the DC team, which he would, and if Thanos can easily make Surfer his ***** then it stands to reason that with Senty's help the DC team doesn't have a prayer.

Allankles

Oh the typical defense. Every time someone says Thanos will get speed blitzed we get these weak counter argument. Fallen One didn't speed blitz, he rushed at Thanos in a straight line. If you can't even force your opponent to move, beyond raising his hands, that's not a speedblitz. There's also the fact that there's no way to gauge how fast Fallen One was moving as the art didn't really make his speed look impressive, nor was there any narration on the speed level.

Reacting to Maker's blast doesn't demonstrate reflexes capable of reacting to a Superman level speedblitz, let alone reacting to at least 3 possible speedblitzes from different directions.

I've seen magicians like Zatanna, Fate and the like put up defenses against short range energy blasts, and we all know they don't have speedblitz reflexes. Hell I've seen the guys from the Flash rogues (people like Captain Cold) put up a defense against a predictable straight line bull rush from a speedster, doesn't make them capable of reacting to a bone a fide speedblitz.

The SS incident involved his chair. He doesn't have it here.

Have you ever actually seen a Superman level blitz?

He can dodge an energy blast from Thanos (especially after he gauges how powerful he is, he won't want to take too many blasts from him) then move so fast that he'd be standing behind Thanos in the blink of an eye. His speed is such that he could toy with Thanos.

Allankles
Originally posted by Nihilist
He used a shield against Surfer for 1 blast which means nothing as he has taken a full power blast from Surfer which did nothing and not to mention koing him in 2 punches and then continuing to punch him to death.
Thanos used a shield against POWER GEM Thor who was well above top tier.
Which he has against Ganymede, Jack of Hearts, Fallen One and Captain Marvell

koing Surfer in 2 punches, killing Adam Warlock in 1 blast(Warlock even had the soul gem at the time)He dropped Thor in 2 blasts and had him at his mercy and that was weaker pre res Thanos Thanos has plenty of space cheese feats like these aswell, but the fact is all characters go down to punches/blasts in the end. Where did i say he would breeze past them ?

And you are seriously underestimating Thanos if you think he doesnt have the means or knowledge of facing many foes at once

I don't underestimate Thanos, the simple fact that he can't put up a kinetic barrier to stop these guys from speeding through him is why I give him no chance.

Allankles
There's also another idea that doesn't make sense to me that keeps getting peddled by the Thanos camp. This idea that Thanos can just take everything that these guys will throw at him, almost indefinitely. Even to the point where he won't be moved by their punches.

Thanos weighs less than a ton, these guys can push planets out of orbit, do the math. Here's a guy who would be a statue against the cqc speed of a Supes, who's getting hit by guys who can crack planetoids with their fists. It's really a bad place to be if you don't have the right tools.

It's not a matter of average power levels, it's a matter of how they stack up against each other tactically. And in the long run, he's just getting hit way more than vice versa.

Brockalizer
I don't underestimate Thanos, the simple fact that he can't put up a kinetic barrier to stop these guys from speeding through him is why I give him no chance.
He doesn't need the shields. He's taken out tougher opponents without them. There's a very good reason why he was the trump card in "Imperative" and the last and only hope in "Blood and Thunder" as well as in "The End".

ares834
Originally posted by Brockalizer
It stands to reason that if Silver Surfer would be able to soundly handle the DC team, which he would, and if Thanos can easily make Surfer his ***** then it stands to reason that with Senty's help the DC team doesn't have a prayer.

facepalm

Jesus Christ... You are claiming that Surfer can "soundly handle" this team? That is one of the most idiotic claims I have ever heard on this forum...

quanchi112
There's also another idea that doesn't make sense to me that keeps getting peddled by the Thanos camp. This idea that Thanos can just take everything that these guys will throw at him, almost indefinitely. Even to the point where he won't be moved by their punches.

Thanos weighs less than a ton, these guys can push planets out of orbit, do the math. Here's a guy who would be a statue against the cqc speed of a Supes, who's getting hit by guys who can crack planetoids with their fists. It's really a bad place to be if you don't have the right tools.

It's not a matter of average power levels, it's a matter of how they stack up against each other tactically. And in the long run, he's just getting hit way more than vice versa. By your logic someone like Gladiator could flick him off the planet but it doesn't work that way. we've seen Thanos tank attacks that have oneshotted the Surfer or laugh off Surfer blasts with no effect.

Surfer can also destroy planets wit his power yet it has no effect on him. You need proof to show Superman level power can rock or nearly best him. You don't have the proof you just continue to make false claims you cannot back up.

Shields negate anyone just wailing on Thanos.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by ares834
facepalm

Jesus Christ... You are claiming that Surfer can "soundly handle" this team? That is one of the most idiotic claims I have ever heard on this forum...
If he can take out Tenebrous and Aegis by himself there is no re reason to think that he couldn't take the team out as well.

Brockalizer

It's not a matter of average power levels, it's a matter of how they stack up against each other tactically. And in the long run, he's just getting hit way more than vice versa.
Using your logic Superman should have been able to launch Doomsday into orbit or vice versa. And if speed is such a key factor then why haven't significantly faster high herald opponents had much luck against him?

quanchi112
Using your logic Superman should have been able to launch Doomsday into orbit or vice versa. And if speed is such a key factor then why haven't significantly faster high herald opponents had much luck against him? Yeah, that was some of the worst logic I've ever heard and goes against practically all of their appearances.

iceman24567
Even without shields Thanos is durable enough to fight this team by himself ......until they unleash hell on his candy ass. Team wins

Hyperion Prime
Team wins this. Spite

-Pr-
If he can take out Tenebrous and Aegis by himself there is no re reason to think that he couldn't take the team out as well.

Except that he really didn't. He manipulated the crunch.

kgkg
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Team wins this. Spite Which team?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by kgkg
Which team?

Uhh yeah I need my head checked. Team 1

iceman24567
If he can take out Tenebrous and Aegis by himself there is no re reason to think that he couldn't take the team out as well. Nah this team would take turns waxing Surfers face with their fists he isn't "soundly" beating any top tier much less a team full of them

cdtm
Except that he really didn't. He manipulated the crunch.

Yeah.

It's still a tremendous durability feat.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah this team would take turns waxing Surfers face with their fists he isn't "soundly" beating any top tier much less a team full of them
Surfer just has to drain the energy from Superman, has already proven that he can kick Orion's ass, and wouldn't have much trouble with either Marvel or Adam. He can discharge just about any form of energy, a simple lightbolt shouldn't be much of a problem or simply create an illusion to trick them into saying the magic word.

JakeTheBank
Surfer isn't depowering or tricking Cap or Bladam into saying "Shazam".

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah.

It's still a tremendous durability feat.

I wasn't saying otherwise.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Surfer isn't depowering or tricking Cap or Bladam into saying "Shazam".
If Grandpa Marvel can do it without any powers, than Surfer could easily do it with them. It's all about creating the right illusion, which is also within his sphere of abilities.

Brockalizer
If Grandpa Marvel can do it without any powers, than Surfer could easily do it with them. It's all about creating the right illusion, which is also within his sphere of abilities.
And even if that didn't work all it takes is a bolt of lightning, which being able to discharge nearly any form of energy is certainly well within his abilities, to change "Bladam" back to his mortal form.

JakeTheBank
Unfortunately, due to the Wisdom of Solomon/Zehuti, illusions are really not likely to make them blurt "Shazam!". It takes a telepath of the highest order for that happen and even then, it's not always successful. And when the Silver Surfer can replicate either the Power of Shazam or high end magic such as from the Spectre, he can think about forcibly depowering Cap and Adam.

Mundane lightning doesn't do the trick to them - that's Captain Marvel, Jr and occasionally Mary Marvel who gets depowered by regular lightning - and nothing Surfer has done even suggests he can force either of them back into their mortal form by somehow overcoming the Power of Shazam under his own power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oh the typical defense. Every time someone says Thanos will get speed blitzed we get these weak counter argument. Fallen One didn't speed blitz, he rushed at Thanos in a straight line. If you can't even force your opponent to move, beyond raising his hands, that's not a speedblitz. There's also the fact that there's no way to gauge how fast Fallen One was moving as the art didn't really make his speed look impressive, nor was there any narration on the speed level.

Reacting to Maker's blast doesn't demonstrate reflexes capable of reacting to a Superman level speedblitz, let alone reacting to at least 3 possible speedblitzes from different directions.

I've seen magicians like Zatanna, Fate and the like put up defenses against short range energy blasts, and we all know they don't have speedblitz reflexes. Hell I've seen the guys from the Flash rogues (people like Captain Cold) put up a defense against a predictable straight line bull rush from a speedster, doesn't make them capable of reacting to a bone a fide speedblitz.

The SS incident involved his chair. He doesn't have it here.

Have you ever actually seen a Superman level blitz?

He can dodge an energy blast from Thanos (especially after he gauges how powerful he is, he won't want to take too many blasts from him) then move so fast that he'd be standing behind Thanos in the blink of an eye. His speed is such that he could toy with Thanos.

Don't think I didn't notice you not even referencing the part of my post that talked about blasting power. You claimed Thanos didn't have the power to put down Top Tiers with blasts quiickly. After multiple times were referenced showing his blasting power... I can see you conceded this point, and you now must see he does have that kinda power.

In Re: Reflexes The fact is that Thanos has shown the ability to react to fast attacks coming at him, and that is all that needs to be shown. You said Thanos did that with his chair... he doesn't need his chair to teleport at all, he just prefers using Tech. So, he could very easily just continue to teleport.... omni blast (supes or anybody isn't dodging a blast radiating from all around his body)... teleport.. omni blast and repeat. If someone tries to bull-rush.. as you've conceded Thanos can and will react to that. If someone tries to get up close and personal... Thanos will put them down with punches. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it will be ease.. but this notion that the team just puts Thanos down with ease is laughable.

Did you just say... Thanos weighs less than a ton.. superman has pushed planets LOL. Are you really brining that space cheese into the argument LOL. I see times must be really desperate. What exactly would, if he even could, pushing or throwing Thanos away do? Give him more space to operate which is to the team disadvantage. How can you bfr somebody that can teleport? Futhermore, pushing planets hasn't seem to be able to do superman ANY good when he couldn't BFR people he was fighting directly and could've used such a useful technique. Wanna know why? Because space cheese and vs. fights are very different situations and are viewed as such by their respective companies.

Allankles
Don't think I didn't notice you not even referencing the part of my post that talked about blasting power. You claimed Thanos didn't have the power to put down Top Tiers with blasts quiickly. After multiple times were referenced showing his blasting power... I can see you conceded this point, and you now must see he does have that kinda power.

In Re: Reflexes The fact is that Thanos has shown the ability to react to fast attacks coming at him, and that is all that needs to be shown. You said Thanos did that with his chair... he doesn't need his chair to teleport at all, he just prefers using Tech. So, he could very easily just continue to teleport.... omni blast (supes or anybody isn't dodging a blast radiating from all around his body)... teleport.. omni blast and repeat. If someone tries to bull-rush.. as you've conceded Thanos can and will react to that. If someone tries to get up close and personal... Thanos will put them down with punches. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it will be ease.. but this notion that the team just puts Thanos down with ease is laughable.

Did you just say... Thanos weighs less than a ton.. superman has pushed planets LOL. Are you really brining that space cheese into the argument LOL. I see times must be really desperate. What exactly would, if he even could, pushing or throwing Thanos away do? Give him more space to operate which is to the team disadvantage. How can you bfr somebody that can teleport? Futhermore, pushing planets hasn't seem to be able to do superman ANY good when he couldn't BFR people he was fighting directly and could've used such a useful technique. Wanna know why? Because space cheese and vs. fights are very different situations and are viewed as such by their respective companies.

Who was talking about BFR? I was talking about rocking his world with multiple punches, more punches than his Skrull-looking mug has ever been hit with before. I brought up his strength just to put this idea of Thanos being unmoved into perspective.

And pushing/pulling planets out of orbit the way Supes did it isn't exactly space cheese. It's not like he straight out physically pulled the planet, he had some kind of mystical or energy harness that maintained the integrity of the whole planet, allowing him to freely apply the necessary force to accomplish the task. If he'd pulled a Lobo-esque physical manipulation, yeah it would be space cheese, like breaking a planet with punches.

I didn't address the points you brought up about his energy output because they're not conclusive. He used his fists to beat SS and they were about 6 punches. I don't see h2h being the way to go for Thanos, which is why I didn't mention.

"Having Thor under his mercy" again isn't something I can disagree with or contend with without seeing the context. Basically you didn't even give me issue no.s or anything so that I can assess it for myself. So you have me at a disadvantage.

EDIT: Also the other stuff like Warlock (isn't on the same durability level as these guys). The Galactus suprise attack was just a concussive force against an unprepared Galactus. If you honestly think that blast would have dropped (as in KO'd or significantly hurt) a top tier on the level of these guys I don't what to tell you, except that you're putting too much emphasis on labels like "herald", "trans" and the like.

Orion for instance isn't a "herald" in his cosmic role, or place in the cosmic hierachy of his respective pantheon. We only put him there because of how he fares against other beings and how he compares to other characters given that label "herald". Stricly speaking the comics have addressed this issue as in New Gods V2. where Orion was differentiated from other superheroes and meta humans by showing him capable of breaking free of his typical corporeal form. Check out New Gods v2.by Evanier and Starlin.

Allankles
Even Superman isn't considered a "herald" in the cosmic hierachy of DC, certainly not in the way we interpret that label here. He can't warp reality or devolve an organism but there's plenty of guys who can't do that that are considered skyfathers. The point I'm making is that you have to look at what they can accomplish (especially physically), not just how they're categorized - for convenience- on the forum.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Who was talking about BFR? I was talking about rocking his world with multiple punches, more punches than his Skrull-looking mug has ever been hit with before. I brought up his strength just to put this idea of Thanos being unmoved into perspective.

And pushing/pulling planets out of orbit the way Supes did it isn't exactly space cheese. It's not like he straight out physically pulled the planet, he had some kind of mystical or energy harness that maintained the integrity of the whole planet, allowing him to freely apply the necessary force to accomplish the task. If he'd pulled a Lobo-esque physical manipulation, yeah it would be space cheese, like breaking a planet with punches.

I didn't address the points you brought up about his energy output because they're not conclusive. He used his fists to beat SS and they were about 6 punches. I don't see h2h being the way to go for Thanos, which is why I didn't mention.

"Having Thor under his mercy" again isn't something I can disagree with or contend with without seeing the context. Basically you didn't even give me issue no.s or anything so that I can assess it for myself. So you have me at a disadvantage.

EDIT: Also the other stuff like Warlock (isn't on the same durability level as these guys). The Galactus suprise attack was just a concussive force against an unprepared Galactus. If you honestly think that blast would have dropped (as in KO'd or significantly hurt) a top tier on the level of these guys I don't what to tell you, except that you're putting too much emphasis on labels like "herald", "trans" and the like.

Orion for instance isn't a "herald" in his cosmic role, or place in the cosmic hierachy of his respective pantheon. We only put him there because of how he fares against other beings and how he compares to other characters given that label "herald". Stricly speaking the comics have addressed this issue as in New Gods V2. where Orion was differentiated from other superheroes and meta humans by showing him capable of breaking free of his typical corporeal form. Check out New Gods v2.by Evanier and Starlin.

Let me ask you a very basic question Allan.... Do you feel like blasts in comics are meant to be fast moving attacks? I mean we know what the properites of blasts are and why we are able to view them... they should in theory be ftl. However, when totally viewing them that way.. we run into problems of some writers might not mean for them to be that fast or them not being stating to go that fast. However, you would agree, that in general they should be considered pretty fast moving attacks right?

Now, if thanos can react AFTER surfer has already shot his blast and teleport out of the way in time... doesn't that imply he has pretty good reaction speed. Why would a rush from superman be ANY faster than a blast from surfer? The answer is it would be. Shoot superman has never even been shown to go ftl. Regardless, the point is.. how do you figure superman can and would be significatly faster than a blast from surfer. How about a point blank blast from maker standing a foot away which is much closer than where superman and the team woudl start. Thor hammer throws have been stated on panel to be faster than light... now I'm not saying it always is.. but we must assume he can throw his hammer pretty fast.. Thanos has raised his hand AFTER it was thrown fast enough to stop it mid flight. The point is, do you concede these attacks in general should be considered pretty fast correct?

Furthermore, you keep on saying you didnt see the fast swiggly lines during the fallen one rush to indicate great speed. Since when is that the prerequisite for needing to be a fast attack anyways? Problem is, we DID see lines behind the fallen one when he rushed that has and usually always indicates fast moving speed. Furthermore, if you had read the comic in question you would've seen that this WAS HIS MOVE. He was stated to be translight.. which of course he is behing a herald of Galacuts. HIS MOVE was bullrushing really fast and destroying stuff.. he did so to Thanos ship and a planet. That is his move to fly really fast into things. Yet you wanna go... well I can't tell if he was moving really fast when he did that to Thanos... wtf. Come on Allan.

The blasting feats of Thanos have been referenced countless times.. you know them to be true. The weakest version of Thanos one shot thing.. and then promptly two shot thor with ease. There is zero context missing. That is just how powerful Thanos is, and that is the weakest verison of Thanos. Warlock doesn't have the durability of other top tiers... WHAT are you basing this on? He certainly does have good durability, but that isn't even the point, since you said he can't do that to top tiers which Warlock certainly is. Plus he had the soul gem which makes a huge difference and he was one shot KILLED. I love how you say he caught Galactus by surpirse with that attack.. lol.. Galactus was LOOKING RIGHT AT HIM. Before he attacked that said.. okay have it your way... and blasted him. Don't give me this crap about him being taken by surprise. We've never seen Galactus sent flying like that, and thus, it should be taken as a pretty strong blast. You forgot about my reference to the Quasar incident where multiple heralds couldn't break the construct.. including Thor tossing his hammer at it, hulk, drax etc etc smashing on it. Thanos smiles and one shots it. Lets not forget Thanos pretty much matching an abstracts blasting power in the in-betweener. Point is, Thanos has certainly demonstrated the blasting power to put down top tiers with relative ease.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Even Superman isn't considered a "herald" in the cosmic hierachy of DC, certainly not in the way we interpret that label here. He can't warp reality or devolve an organism but there's plenty of guys who can't do that that are considered skyfathers. The point I'm making is that you have to look at what they can accomplish (especially physically), not just how they're categorized - for convenience- on the forum.

I totally agree.. and thus you HAVE to agree that Thanos is ALWAYS portrayed as being above high heralds and in another league right? Since we are talking about portrayals here... isn't Thanos considered to be well above heralds and a team wrecker?

quanchi112
Even Superman isn't considered a "herald" in the cosmic hierachy of DC, certainly not in the way we interpret that label here. He can't warp reality or devolve an organism but there's plenty of guys who can't do that that are considered skyfathers. The point I'm making is that you have to look at what they can accomplish (especially physically), not just how they're categorized - for convenience- on the forum. The reason certain characters are placed into categories is based off of how they are portrayed in the comics. Superman has been portrayed as an equal to Orion, Captain Marvel, more or less Black Adam, etc. If you want to argue over a slight edge in any event it doesn't change the fact these guys are all in the same level of power basically they can ko each other/about as strong as each other, etc.

Now when you get to Thanos these guys have never beaten him, ko'd him at his optimum power levels. He's a big time foe that treats guys on this level as minor irritants and even when Thor had the power gem and was himself a team wrecker Thanos took him on just the same and still contained him despite an entire team which had help from the likes of Strange fall short.

Brockalizer
Superman pulling a planet out of orbit has no bearing whatsoever on how he would do in a fight. It's simple physics, with a harness and the proper leverage he was able to accomplish his feat. I've seen Marius Pudzianowski as well as several others pull a 747 applying the same technique. I've also seen Marius get his ass handed to him by a man not nearly as strong. Strength and fighting ability are not mutually inclusive.

quanchi112
Superman pulling a planet out of orbit has no bearing whatsoever on how he would do in a fight. It's simple physics, with a harness and the proper leverage he was able to accomplish his feat. I've seen Marius Pudzianowski as well as several others pull a 747 applying the same technique. I've also seen Marius get his ass handed to him by a man not nearly as strong. Strength and fighting ability are not mutually inclusive. Bingo.

-Pr-
Except that Superman with that harness was fighting against a villain who was pushing against him the entire time. So it's not the same thing.

It's still a strength feat, especially when you take in to account gravitational forces...

Brockalizer
Except that Superman with that harness was fighting against a villain who was pushing against him the entire time. So it's not the same thing.

It's still a strength feat, especially when you take in to account gravitational forces...
You're missing the point. What I'm saying is that strength feats have no bearing on fighting ability. If it did Batman wouldn't have been able to beat Bane. It was superior fighting skills, not strength that determined the winner. It's the same with Wolverine and Sabertooth. Sabertooth is physically stronger but Wolverine is the superior fighter.

-Pr-
You're missing the point. What I'm saying is that strength feats have no bearing on fighting ability. If it did Batman wouldn't have been able to beat Bane. It was superior fighting skills, not strength that determined the winner. It's the same with Wolverine and Sabertooth. Sabertooth is physically stronger but Wolverine is the superior fighter.

I never said they did. My comments were about strength alone. Why bring it up, though? It's common sense.

Brockalizer
I never said they did. My comments were about strength alone. Why bring it up, though? It's common sense.
The only reason I bring it up is because in a battle featuring so many powerful and durable figures, albeit some more so than others, overall fighting ability will be the key to success.

-Pr-
The only reason I bring it up is because in a battle featuring so many powerful and durable figures, albeit some more so than others, overall fighting ability will be the key to success.

Agreed.

Brockalizer
I'm wondering if a clear minded Sentry would still tear apart Black Adam and Captain Marvel. I could definatly see Thanos f*ck with his head enough to bring on the Void.

iceman24567
I'm wondering if a clear minded Sentry would still tear apart Black Adam and Captain Marvel. I could definatly see Thanos f*ck with his head enough to bring on the Void. Both are stronger and more durable than Ares

-Pr-
I'm wondering if a clear minded Sentry would still tear apart Black Adam and Captain Marvel. I could definatly see Thanos f*ck with his head enough to bring on the Void.

I don't see how.

Also, the Void isn't allowed in this matchup...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.