Clubber Lang vs. Ivan Drago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Both are in their primes and instead of Rocky flying to the Soviet Union it's Lang. Lang is still hungry to prove himself and Drago is still juiced up like an animal. Who wins ?

Rogue Jedi
Mmmmmmmm.....Clubber.

steverules_2
Are you high? Are you Dense? It's Ivan Drago!

Robtard
Clubber doesn't have what it takes to wear-down Drago before Drago punches his face in.

steverules_2
He'd probably kill Clubber Lang, I mean lets face it...Lang would just piss Drago right off

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
He'd probably kill Clubber Lang, I mean lets face it...Lang would just piss Drago right off

Lang never had a proper training or inner-insight montage that was common in 80's films and crucial for the protagonist in overcoming his/her great obstacle. Lang has zero chance here.

BruceSkywalker
if lang had the ability to get drago past the 3rd round he would win..

drago slaughters him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Lang never had a proper training or inner-insight montage that was common in 80's films and crucial for the protagonist in overcoming his/her great obstacle. Lang has zero chance here. Are you kidding me ? Drago was a lot of hype. The only guy he beat was an out of prime apollo creed. And correct me if I am wrong but lang beat rocky also.

the ninjak
I reckon Clubber would win this. Drago was all roids and no skill.
Clubber had the eye of the tiger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
I reckon Clubber would win this. Drago was all roids and no skill.
Clubber had the eye of the tiger. Plus people seem to think Lang went deep into a boxing match. he was a tyson fighter plain and simple. If you make it out of the first three rounds chances are he will gas but I don't see Drago making it out of the first three rounds.

juggerman
BUMP

I'm not sure Clubber would win since Drago has more skill imo but Clubber has much more punching power

Psychotron
No way, man. Drago's got a 2150 PSI punch. That's about 4 tons worth of force. In their rematch Rocky was eating Clubber's shots and asking for more.

Also, Rocky is significantly weaker than Drago, and dropped Clubber in 3 rounds, Ivan would destroy him in the 1st.

Robtard
Going by Rocky-ratings, Drago's punch is supposed to be about three times more powerful than other boxers.

Going by the films.

Lang beat an out of shape Rocky and killed an old man.

Drago killed a retired but still in great shape Creed.

Psychotron
Creed also had a friendly match with Rocky between Rocky III and IV and judging by Rocky's face in the beginning of Rocky IV Apollo was still good.

Robtard
People downplaying Creed in Rocky 4 is just clown tactics. The guy obviously wasn't in his prime, but he still had it.

Footwork and speed is still there:

oWuhdLVSQtY

He just doesn't have Rocky's superhuman ability to mitigate tons-of-force punches.

jinXed by JaNx
I personally don't see any argument to be made here. Lang did beat, Rocky but we were lead to believe, Rocky had become complacent and relatively out of shape. Once, Rocky employed a realistic and strategic fighting style other than brawling, he pretty much decimated, Lang.

Robtard
Rocky not being at fight-readiness and distracted in the first match was a major plot point of the film.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Psychotron
No way, man. Drago's got a 2150 PSI punch. That's about 4 tons worth of force. In their rematch Rocky was eating Clubber's shots and asking for more.

Also, Rocky is significantly weaker than Drago, and dropped Clubber in 3 rounds, Ivan would destroy him in the 1st.
1 ton is two thousand pounds. He punches just harder than 1 ton, unless were thinking of different measurements.

But yeah, Drago hits him like he's never been hit before. I lean towards the Russian on this one.

Stealth Moose
Drago crushes.

Lestov16
Originally posted by juggerman
Clubber has much more punching power

What? Did you miss the scene in Rocky 4 where he outright stated to have over twice the punching power of a normal human?

Anyways, how is Clubber getting any support here? Drago was an outright superhuman who killed a man (who in the previous film was training Rocky and was in clear great shape here) in the ring nigh-effortlessly.

Rocky rope-a-doped Clubber. Okay. that's a durability feat for Rocky....WTF did Clubber do to make him superior to Drago? Beat an earlier Rocky who was:
A) not taking his training seriously
B blatantly distracted by his loved one dying at that exact moment
What else besides that?

Drago's literally built up to be the ultimate fighting machine, akin to a pugilist Terminator. Clubber might arguably be quicker, but he will eventually get hit, and as soon as he does, he will at the very least get disoriented, and from there he gets Apollo-ed.

As far as putting him down, Clubber only lasted as long as he did because Rocky purposely wasn't fighting back to save his strength. Drago on the other hand was trading blows with Rocky for IIRC 15 rounds. I think he can hang with Clubber until he gets an Apollo hit in.

Stealth Moose
It was fifteen rounds, correct.

Psychotron
Originally posted by COG Veteran
1 ton is two thousand pounds. He punches just harder than 1 ton, unless were thinking of different measurements.

But yeah, Drago hits him like he's never been hit before. I lean towards the Russian on this one.

2150 pounds per square inch, not 2150 pounds in total.

juggerman

He was blocking the punches and asking for more. Watch it again. He threw his gloves up to protect his head. Something he did not have to do against Drago

juggerman
Going by Rocky-ratings, Drago's punch is supposed to be about three times more powerful than other boxers.

Going by the films.

Lang beat an out of shape Rocky and killed an old man.

Drago killed a retired but still in great shape Creed.

True but Lang was no normal boxer

You can't get around the fact that he absolutely could not take Langs hits but could take Dragos for 15 rounds

juggerman
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I personally don't see any argument to be made here. Lang did beat, Rocky but we were lead to believe, Rocky had become complacent and relatively out of shape. Once, Rocky employed a realistic and strategic fighting style other than brawling, he pretty much decimated, Lang.

Yes he out smarted Lang. He didn't need to do that against Drago sincemhe could take those punches

Lestov16
Drago's hits were literally sending Rocky flying across the ring. Clubber's hardest punches weren't that powerful

Also you seem to misunderstand the final R3 fight. Rocky was tanking Clubber's hardest punches to tire him out. He rarely blocked.

juggerman
Originally posted by Lestov16
What? Did you miss the scene in Rocky 4 where he outright stated to have over twice the punching power of a normal human?

Anyways, how is Clubber getting any support here? Drago was an outright superhuman who killed a man (who in the previous film was training Rocky and was in clear great shape here) in the ring nigh-effortlessly.

Rocky rope-a-doped Clubber. Okay. that's a durability feat for Rocky....WTF did Clubber do to make him superior to Drago? Beat an earlier Rocky who was:
A) not taking his training seriously
B blatantly distracted by his loved one dying at that exact moment
What else besides that?

Drago's literally built up to be the ultimate fighting machine, akin to a pugilist Terminator. Clubber might arguably be quicker, but he will eventually get hit, and as soon as he does, he will at the very least get disoriented, and from there he gets Apollo-ed.

As far as putting him down, Clubber only lasted as long as he did because Rocky purposely wasn't fighting back to save his strength. Drago on the other hand was trading blows with Rocky for IIRC 15 rounds. I think he can hang with Clubber until he gets an Apollo hit in.

Did you miss the part in Rocky 3 when Rocky could not go punch for punch with Clubber? And then did you miss the part where he went punch for punch with Drago for the whole match? He used nothing but brawling against Drago and won. Clubber made him change it up

No one is saying Drago doesn't hit hard. Super ****ing harf in fact. Just not as hard as Lang. Creed would have survived Lang no doubt about it and that's because he would not have gotten up after the first few hits

Its simple. Rocky took Ivans hits without having to block them and avoid them. I never even brought up the first fight. In the rematch Rocky NEEDED to rope-a-dope Lang to survive. Lang was not the smartest guy. He also NEEDED to dodge and block to win. He did not with Drago

I understand Drago was hyped up and had super high punching power but lets take an honest look at how they both did against the same opponent. Rocky let Drago punch his face off for 15 rounds and was still able to win. He didn't need to change tactics or fight any differently than what he was used to. Against Clubber he had to block his head and wear him out.

Again im not saying Clubber would beat Drago. Drago has stamina and technique over Clubber and that would most likely be all he needs. But he cannot out punch Clubber

juggerman
Drago's hits were literally sending Rocky flying across the ring. Clubber's hardest punches weren't that powerful

Also you seem to misunderstand the final R3 fight. Rocky was tanking Clubber's hardest punches to tire him out. He rarely blocked.

Thats just untrue. He blocked and dodge almost all of of them. Only in the second round was he caught

I can post the fight if you want

Lestov16
You do realize that Clubber could only go 3 rounds with Rocky, whereas Drago went fifteen. And again, Drago was destroying Rocky in the first round, literally punching him off his feet. He was far more effective than Lang.

juggerman
You do realize that Clubber could only go 3 rounds with Rocky, whereas Drago went fifteen. And again, Drago was destroying Rocky in the first round, literally punching him off his feet. He was far more effective than Lang.

You know what that means right? Rocky could take his punches unaided for 15 rounds. He took Clubbers punches in half a round and had to change his approach to survive

Lestov16
Rock's tree-carrying, mountain-climbing training in R4 provided him far more durability than Apollo's R3 training. Rocky from R3 would have been crushed by Drago.

juggerman
Rock's tree-carrying, mountain-climbing training in R4 provided him far more durability than Apollo's R3 training. Rocky from R3 would have been crushed by Drago.

Well now you have to prove carrying trees and climbing mountains makes his head more durable to impact

Lestov16
Stronger muscles.

Are you really going to say that Clubber's couple of knockdown punches are more powerful than Drago's send-people-flying hits?

Psychotron
juggerman, you are ignoring what people are saying. Rocky did not block or dodge most of Lang's hits. He was eating most of his shots, and mocked him throughout the fight. Rocky was out of shape, unmotivated, and emotionally distraught in their first fight, that's the only reason he lost. And finally, Drago went for almost 15 rounds with Rocky before being KOed, Lang couldn't even last 3. And we all know Drago is much stronger than Rocky. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills Clubber in the first round.

juggerman
Stronger muscles.

Are you really going to say that Clubber's couple of knockdown punches are more powerful than Drago's send-people-flying hits?

So chopping down a tree gives you stronger head muscles?

He sent him flying in the first round while Rocky was completely off balance and trying to get up. Why is that impressive?

juggerman
juggerman, you are ignoring what people are saying. Rocky did not block or dodge most of Lang's hits. He was eating most of his shots, and mocked him throughout the fight. Rocky was out of shape, unmotivated, and emotionally distraught in their first fight, that's the only reason he lost. And finally, Drago went for almost 15 rounds with Rocky before being KOed, Lang couldn't even last 3. And we all know Drago is much stronger than Rocky. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills Clubber in the first round.

Watch the fight /watch?v=wM-lOVgoUqI

He blocks and dodges pretty much all of them

juggerman
I'd also like to point Clubber is gassed at this point in the fight so his hits are very likely to be much softer

juggerman
I can't find the 1st or second round on youtube so if someone could post them it would help

Silent Master
Drago hits much harder.

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master
Drago hits much harder.

Not according to screen feats

Silent Master
Nope, according to screen feats Drago >>> Clubber.

juggerman
Nah son. Clubber hits harder. Drago beats him in every other category tho

Psychotron
Nice job ignoring every other point made.

juggerman
Nice job ignoring every other point made.

What did I ignore

Lestov16
Not according to screen feats

You mean not according to your subjective standards. Drago was outright stated to have superhuman strength, hell, we're even given a computer visual, and was literally knocking Rocky off his feet. Your only stance for Clubber is that Rocky (arguably) blocked against him more than he did Drago. That one little detail does not supersede everything we're told and shown in the following films. Clubber outranking Drago in punching power is utterly ridiculous and actually contradicts the fourth film.

juggerman
You mean not according to your subjective standards. Drago was outright stated to have superhuman strength, hell, we're even given a computer visual, and was literally knocking Rocky off his feet. Your only stance for Clubber is that Rocky (arguably) blocked against him more than he did Drago. That one little detail does not supersede everything we're told and shown in the following films. Clubber outranking Drago in punching power is utterly ridiculous and actually contradicts the fourth film.

Him blocking and dodging more is outright fact. Him being able to take Dragos hits while he could not take Clubbers is also fact. Those are not "little details" at all.

Im not trying to take anything away from Drago. He was definitely superhuman due to the drugs. And he also has Clubber in every single category except punching power. It contradicts nothing as the forth film does not state he has superior punching power to everyone or that he is the hardest striker in the world. It says that he punches much much harder than the "average boxer". Clubber is not average

Lestov16
I'm certain you won't mind kindly explaining to me how the phuck any of Clubber's hits were as powerful as the one that launched Rocky into the air.

Silent Master
I'm certain you won't mind kindly explaining to me how the phuck any of Clubber's hits were as powerful as the one that launched Rocky into the air.

His argument is basically, "because Clubber is played by Mr T".

Lestov16
I pity the fool who says Lang hits harder than Drago

juggerman

If you're talking about the hit in the first round that sent Rocky flying then watch it again. Rocky was knocked down and was getting up when Drago hit him. He was off-balance and Drago's punch pushed him back. Want me to post it?

Darkstorm Zero
I'll chime in and say that I agree with the majority of the posters here. Sorry Jugs.

The reason being that Rocky was able to down Lang in under 3 rounds when focused. Lang didn't have the staying power, nor did he have Drago's raw punching power.

Rocky had to endure gruelling training to build up enough stamina to challenge Drago. Drago's far superior stamina, staying power, and raw strength made Rocky fight for a gruelling 15 rounds before the bigger guy began to tire and faulter.

The point is, Rocky was able to endure both, but had to undergo additional endurance training to survive the fight with Ivan, this is a testament to Rocky's durability, not Lang's punching power. If we were to compare every individual hit Lang landed on Rocky, and compare it to each individual hit Drago managed to land, you can see that Drago's actual impact force is considerably higher than Lang's.

Not to mention that Rocky sustained brain damage from the fight with Ivan.

juggerman
His argument is basically, "because Clubber is played by Mr T".

I've actually given evidence unlike yourself

juggerman
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I'll chime in and say that I agree with the majority of the posters here. Sorry Jugs.

The reason being that Rocky was able to down Lang in under 3 rounds when focused. Lang didn't have the staying power, nor did he have Drago's raw punching power.

Rocky had to endure gruelling training to build up enough stamina to challenge Drago. Drago's far superior stamina, staying power, and raw strength made Rocky fight for a gruelling 15 rounds before the bigger guy began to tire and faulter.

The point is, Rocky was able to endure both, but had to undergo additional endurance training to survive the fight with Ivan, this is a testament to Rocky's durability, not Lang's punching power. If we were to compare every individual hit Lang landed on Rocky, and compare it to each individual hit Drago managed to land, you can see that Drago's actual impact force is considerably higher than Lang's.

Damn you DSZ I thought we were friends!

I agree he didn't have the stamina since he was gassed in the 3rd round. But Rocky never needed to dodge Drago as he did Lang

Again I agree Drago was the total package. Lang only had his strength to rely on

Rocky trained hard for Lang and had to adopt a whole new fighting style to win. With Drago he just brawled away and never had an issue taking his hits. Lets compare Rocky's reactions to their hits. 1st one he had to adjust his approach to8 avoid getting hit. 2nd one he just ate the punches without too much difficulty.

Yeah he got brain damage. Drago is a monster. But he could never engage Lang like he did Drago.

Silent Master

But but but but...Clubber was played by Mr T sad

juggerman
So you'll add nothing at all?

Darkstorm Zero
Damn you DSZ I thought we were friends!

I agree he didn't have the stamina since he was gassed in the 3rd round. But Rocky never needed to dodge Drago as he did Lang

Again I agree Drago was the total package. Lang only had his strength to rely on

Rocky trained hard for Lang and had to adopt a whole new fighting style to win. With Drago he just brawled away and never had an issue taking his hits. Lets compare Rocky's reactions to their hits. 1st one he had to adjust his approach to8 avoid getting hit. 2nd one he just ate the punches without too much difficulty.

Yeah he got brain damage. Drago is a monster. But he could never engage Lang like he did Drago.

The point being is that Rocky had to do another years worth of training to cope with Drago than he did with Lang.

Trust me when I say this, if you can build up your endurance and stamina the way Rocky did in 4, you could walk through Clubber, that was the point. The comparative between the two opponents was that Clubber Lang was a brawling Wildman, while Drago is a king hit machine. Drago's training is far more refined than Lang's, and it focused on endurance and punching power.

Drago had the overall superior skill set, along with a large body built for overwhelming offence in single moves, while Langs is more of a flurry of fast punches designed to break through defences. He had power, but not the single hit killshots Drago had access to.

The lynchpin of using Rocky as a comparison is simply flawed because Rocky got an extra years worth of training between the fight with Lang and the fight with Drago. The only other lynchpin that could be used is Apollo Creed, and we know who flattened him out more decisively.

Psychotron
What did I ignore

Things like Drago's vastly superior stamina and damage soak? Things like the fact that Rocky did tank Clubber's hits in their rematch far easier than Drago's? Things like the mitigating circumstances in Rocky's loss?

juggerman
The point being is that Rocky had to do another years worth of training to cope with Drago than he did with Lang.

Trust me when I say this, if you can build up your endurance and stamina the way Rocky did in 4, you could walk through Clubber, that was the point. The comparative between the two opponents was that Clubber Lang was a brawling Wildman, while Drago is a king hit machine. Drago's training is far more refined than Lang's, and it focused on endurance and punching power.

Drago had the overall superior skill set, along with a large body built for overwhelming offence in single moves, while Langs is more of a flurry of fast punches designed to break through defences. He had power, but the single hit killshots Drago had access to.

The lynchpin of using Rocky as a comparison is simply flawed because Rocky got an extra years worth of training between the fight with Lang and the fight with Drago. The only other lynchpin that could be used is Apollo Creed, and we know who flattened him out more decisively.

And he went back to his brawling nature.

It wasn't refined tho. He went from a technically sound fighter and reverted right back to a brawler. To a guy that blocks and dodges to a guy that seems to try to get punched in the face as much as possible.

This I agree with. As I said Drago was the total package

Well Clubber never fought Creed so we can't use him at all. Rocky is the only comparison we have. Rocky took Drago's hardest hits for 15 rounds and was fine enough to win. He couldn't take Clubber's for a single round before he needed to adjust his approach and tire Lang out. Rocky's head was not harder in 4 as far as I know so the only conclusion we have is that Drago, while he hits ridiculously hard, did not hit as hard as Lang

juggerman
Things like Drago's vastly superior stamina and damage soak? Things like the fact that Rocky did tank Clubber's hits in their rematch far easier than Drago's? Things like the mitigating circumstances in Rocky's loss?

I actually addressed all these things. If you're too lazy to go back and look here are the cliff notes:

1. I admitted Drago had superior stamina like 6 times. I didn't outright say he had more damage soak but I did say he has Clubber in ever other category.

2. That's just a lie and has been explained over and over again. He ate Drago's punches. He had to block and dodge Clubber's

3. I never brought up or even debated about the 1st fight where Rocky lost

Psychotron
2. That's just a lie and has been explained over and over again. He ate Drago's punches. He had to block and dodge Clubber's

3. I never brought up or even debated about the 1st fight where Rocky lost

Go and watch the second round of their fight. Rocky was tanking Lang's shots with his face. It's also worth pointing out that Rocky did a fair amount of bobbing and weaving against Drago too.

Well, it's pretty important. That's the only time Lang's hits actually effected Rocky.

Lestov16
s28vNyjOlbc
1SUzcDUERLo

When training for Lang, Apollo is teaching him speed and agility. When training for Drago, he is doing clear rigorous strength training, which is why he was much more durable in that fight and didn't need to block like he did with Lang.

juggerman
Go and watch the second round of their fight. Rocky was tanking Lang's shots with his face. It's also worth pointing out that Rocky did a fair amount of bobbing and weaving against Drago too.

Well, it's pretty important. That's the only time Lang's hits actually effected Rocky.

We must have a different opinion on what tanking is. He bobbed and weaved a whole lot less. In fact I was barely at all against Drago

The only time Rocky didn't block or dodge 90% of them too

juggerman
s28vNyjOlbc
1SUzcDUERLo

When training for Lang, Apollo is teaching him speed and agility. When training for Drago, he is doing clear rigorous strength training, which is why he was much more durable in that fight and didn't need to block like he did with Lang.

His punching strength has no bearing on his ability to take punches to the face

Psychotron
We must have a different opinion on what tanking is. He bobbed and weaved a whole lot less. In fact I was barely at all against Drago

The only time Rocky didn't block or dodge 90% of them too

No, he definitely tried to. It's just that Drago is far more skilled than Lang.

90%? No way. Even 50% would be too generous.

juggerman
No, he definitely tried to. It's just that Drago is far more skilled than Lang.

90%? No way. Even 50% would be too generous.

Yes he is more skilled but if you're being honest you know he barely tried to dodge at all. He went in head first like he normally does and took almost every shot to his head

50 is a falsehood. The entire first round he dodged every hit. In the second round for half of it he dodged until he was caught. Then at the end he was blocking. 3rd round it was a mixture where Clubber got maybe 6 good hits in

Lestov16
Watch the third round of the Clubber fight. Rocky takes several shots to the face and is fine.

juggerman
Watch the third round of the Clubber fight. Rocky takes several shots to the face and is fine.

Watch the beginning of the 3rd round. Clubber is gassed. His punches aren't nearly as powerful. He runs out of steam quickly

Psychotron
Yes he is more skilled but if you're being honest you know he barely tried to dodge at all. He went in head first like he normally does and took almost every shot to his head

50 is a falsehood. The entire first round he dodged every hit. In the second round for half of it he dodged until he was caught. Then at the end he was blocking. 3rd round it was a mixture where Clubber got maybe 6 good hits in

Nah, he def tried.

No way. Hell, Lang knocked Rocky down TWICE in the first round and that didn't even phase Rocky.

juggerman
Nah, he def tried.

No way. Hell, Lang knocked Rocky down TWICE in the first round and that didn't even phase Rocky.

Not at all. Post the fight and tell me where he was dodging ok?

Not in the second fight4 he didn't he only knocked him down in the second round

Robtard
True but Lang was no normal boxer

You can't get around the fact that he absolutely could not take Langs hits but could take Dragos for 15 rounds

No boxers in Rocky are normal, it's fiction. Rocky being the most cartoonish.

Which fight did you watch, bro? In their second match once Rocky had trained for a bit and focused himself, he was absorbing Lang's head-shots and ouright mocking Lang, which was a shout-out to Ali's style of mind-****ing his opponents with taunts.

wM-lOVgoUqI

From 1:33 to 1:50, Rocky absorbs at least 15 power-shots from Lang (most to the head/face) and then mocks Lang by asking for more.

2:01 he takes a power-shot to the head and doesn't bother trying to block or dodge. Rocky pulled the rope-a-dope like Ali did against Foreman (1974), except he used his body and not the ropes to absorb hit.

So Lang can only last 3 rounds against a decently trained Rocky, while Drago can go 15 rounds against a hardcore Spartan-style trained Rocky and you think Lang could take Drago?

Silent Master
That doesn't matter, because Clubber was played by Mr T. sad

Psychotron
Not at all. Post the fight and tell me where he was dodging ok?

Not in the second fight4 he didn't he only knocked him down in the second round

Mostly at the beginning really. After that the whole thing devolved into a slugfest.

No, it was twice.

Which fight did you watch, bro? In their second match once Rocky had trained for a bit and focused himself, he was absorbing Lang's head-shots and ouright mocking Lang, which was a shout-out to Ali's style of mind-****ing his opponents with taunts.

wM-lOVgoUqI

From 1:33 to 1:50, Rocky absorbs at least 15 power-shots from Lang (most to the head/face) and then mocks Lang by asking for more.

2:01 he takes a power-shot to the head and doesn't bother trying to block or dodge. Rocky pulled the rope-a-dope like Ali did against Foreman (1974), except he used his body and not the ropes to absorb hit.

So Lang can only last 3 rounds against a decently trained Rocky, while Drago can go 15 rounds against a hardcore Spartan-style trained Rocky and you think Lang could take Drago?

This should end the debate. Lang had multiple clean hits and Rocky kept coming back for more. For comparison Drago was tossing him around like a rag doll.

juggerman

wM-lOVgoUqI

Count them out. He took 4 before the camera panned away. For all we know he blocks the rest, which is highly likely since whem we see him again his hands are up. Then he blocks the rest. Watch it and tell me Lang got clean hits. Rocky had his gloves up to his head and Lang was hitting the gloves not Rocky's head. IOW he was blocking

At 2:01 Rocky blocked the shot just as I've been saying. That hit was not clean. Rocky is protecting his head with his glove

Again I never said Lang would beat Drago. Please look back at my actual stance and debate that instead of making up stances for me.

juggerman
Mostly at the beginning really. After that the whole thing devolved into a slugfest.

No, it was twice.

This should end the debate. Lang had multiple clean hits and Rocky kept coming back for more. For comparison Drago was tossing him around like a rag doll.

Negative. I can post it if you need me to

Wanna bet?

Wrong again. Those were not clean hits. Rocky was protecting his head. Maybe blocking isn't the word I should use exactly but he absorbs the impact with his gloves. He can't take clean shots like he can from Drago

Stealth Moose
Why post then if you agree Lang would lose?

juggerman
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Why post then if you agree Lang would lose?

The argument was about who hit harder

Psychotron
Negative. I can post it if you need me to

Wanna bet?

Wrong again. Those were not clean hits. Rocky was protecting his head. Maybe blocking isn't the word I should use exactly but he absorbs the impact with his gloves. He can't take clean shots like he can from Drago

Go ahead.

Yes.

You're clearly not counting all the body shots. Those hurt like hell.

juggerman
Go ahead.

Yes.

You're clearly not counting all the body shots. Those hurt like hell.

/watch?v=-1pGoHSz6rw

Please point out his attempts to dodge

/watch?v=2oCG8b0lIXw

Here's the fight. As you can clearly see Rocky only goes down in round two. You lose again

The body shots are a whole different animal

Psychotron
/watch?v=-1pGoHSz6rw

Please point out his attempts to dodge

/watch?v=2oCG8b0lIXw

Here's the fight. As you can clearly see Rocky only goes down in round two. You lose again

The body shots are a whole different animal

You can see Rocky trying to dodge right in first round. Not very successfully because of Drago's long reach.

Are you blind? Rocky goes down twice in round 2. The second time is like 30-40 seconds after the first one. And that clip has Rocky tank 15+ face shots from Lang without blocking, too.

Robtard
Count them out. He took 4 before the camera panned away. For all we know he blocks the rest, which is highly likely since whem we see him again his hands are up. Then he blocks the rest. Watch it and tell me Lang got clean hits. Rocky had his gloves up to his head and Lang was hitting the gloves not Rocky's head. IOW he was blocking

At 2:01 Rocky blocked the shot just as I've been saying. That hit was not clean. Rocky is protecting his head with his glove

Again I never said Lang would beat Drago. Please look back at my actual stance and debate that instead of making up stances for me.

WTF, dude. He's against the pillar just taking hits that are making his head bobble back and forth in an effort to enrage Lang and you think it's safer to assume he's suddenly dodging and blocking the ones we don't see but only hear?

At 2:01 Rocky has his left hand up and takes the hit to the right side of his head; that hit utterly rocked his head and his body over; it was not blocked.

I misread you then, apologies. Your argument that Lang hits harder is faulty, considering what we know of Drago and how he was specifically portrayed. But that's not the topic, so meh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I personally don't see any argument to be made here. Lang did beat, Rocky but we were lead to believe, Rocky had become complacent and relatively out of shape. Once, Rocky employed a realistic and strategic fighting style other than brawling, he pretty much decimated, Lang. Rocky's strategy tired him out. Rocky couldn't tank his punches hence the taunting block all his haymakers strategy. He tanked Drago's blows for fifteen rounds. Lang destroys Drago.

NemeBro
Rocky took 15 rounds to beat Dragon.

He KO'd Lang in 3.

Drago wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Rocky took 15 rounds to beat Dragon.

He KO'd Lang in 3.

Drago wins. Lang beat Rocky.

Drago never beat Rocky.

Lang wins.

Lestov16
Oh boy. This thread is getting Quanned?

Why am I the least bit surprised?

Psychotron
Originally posted by quanchi112
Rocky's strategy tired him out. Rocky couldn't tank his punches hence the taunting block all his haymakers strategy. He tanked Drago's blows for fifteen rounds. Lang destroys Drago.

Watch the clip juggerman posted, Rocky took 15+ hard shots to the face from Lang in just one instance. Did that KO Rocky? Nope.

quanchi112
Watch the clip juggerman posted, Rocky took 15+ hard shots to the face from Lang in just one instance. Did that KO Rocky? Nope. The point is he tanked a lot more than 15 punches from Drago. He didn't need to block them or tire him out.

Lang crushed him whereas Drago never beat him.

Darkstorm Zero
The point is he tanked a lot more than 15 punches from Drago. He didn't need to block them or tire him out.

The point is, you ignored the fact that Rocky had another years worth of training for Drago.

Rokcy with a years less training beat Lang in 3 rounds.

quanchi112
The point is, you ignored the fact that Rocky had another years worth of training for Drago.

Rokcy with a years less training beat Lang in 3 rounds. Rocky needed to develop speed aka Creed speed. He didn't need to do so against Drago. He just weathered that guys attacks for fifteen rounds and never once beat him.

Darkstorm Zero
Rocky needed to develop speed aka Creed speed. He didn't need to do so against Drago. He just weathered that guys attacks for fifteen rounds and never once beat him.

Rocky already had that speed for Drago, but needed additional stamina, endurance and strength for Drago than what he had against Lang.

You can't ignore a years worth of additional training. With less, he defeated Lang, with more than what he had against Lang, he defeated Drago in a much, MUCH longer match, 5 times the length.

Also, it has been pointed out that Rocky wasn't focused during his first match with Lang, if you are going to point at context, Rocky was more than a little distracted during that first fight. How can you even bring that up as a measuring bar?

Psychotron
The point is he tanked a lot more than 15 punches from Drago. He didn't need to block them or tire him out.

He didn't need to block a lot of Lang's punches either, and Rocky NEVER mocked Drago the way he did Lang.

He beat a weaker, unfocused Rocky.

juggerman
You can see Rocky trying to dodge right in first round. Not very successfully because of Drago's long reach.

Are you blind? Rocky goes down twice in round 2. The second time is like 30-40 seconds after the first one. And that clip has Rocky tank 15+ face shots from Lang without blocking, too.

He didn't try.

You said he went down twice in the first round

juggerman
WTF, dude. He's against the pillar just taking hits that are making his head bobble back and forth in an effort to enrage Lang and you think it's safer to assume he's suddenly dodging and blocking the ones we don't see but only hear?

At 2:01 Rocky has his left hand up and takes the hit to the right side of his head; that hit utterly rocked his head and his body over; it was not blocked.

I misread you then, apologies. Your argument that Lang hits harder is faulty, considering what we know of Drago and how he was specifically portrayed. But that's not the topic, so meh.

I said blocked not dodged. His hands were up when we see him next. That indicates blocking

His left hand is up on the close up but the far away shot shows both his hands up. That hit was absorbed by the glove

I agree he was "supposed" to be the hardest hitter but given the actual portrayals of both it honestly shows Clubber as the superior striker. We normally go off of feats and not hype here right?

juggerman
Watch the clip juggerman posted, Rocky took 15+ hard shots to the face from Lang in just one instance. Did that KO Rocky? Nope.

That's just plain untrue. He took 4 that we saw and then had his hands up blocking when we see him next. He took 4 at once not 15

juggerman
He didn't need to block a lot of Lang's punches either, and Rocky NEVER mocked Drago the way he did Lang.

He beat a weaker, unfocused Rocky.

Yes he did. That was the whole point of training with Creed. He needed to be able to dodge and block since he couldn't tank his hits. Something he didn't need to do with Drago

juggerman
Oh boy. This thread is getting Quanned?

Why am I the least bit surprised?

laughing out loud

It's his thread

focus4chumps
lang put no worse a beating on rocky than apollo creed.

drago, unlike the others, gave rocky brain damage.

source: rocky 5 opening scene.

juggerman
Originally posted by focus4chumps
lang put no worse a beating on rocky than apollo creed.

drago, unlike the others, gave rocky brain damage.

source: rocky 5 opening scene.

He took Creed's hits but could not take Lang's

That's true but Lang didn't get 15 rounds of pretty much uncontested head shots. He had to avoid Lang but charged Drago with his face. That alone shows who Rocky felt hit harder

Robtard
You need to stop ignoring that in their first match, Rocky was not in good figthing shape or mentallity and had spent the last decade fighting chumps.

Second match, Rocky took Lang's hits and mocked him for more. I posted the clip were Rocky litterally sticks his face forward and asked Lang to punch him.

focus4chumps
ffs rocky took lang's blows, head on, and walked away with superficial injuries.

with drago he walked away with irreparable brain damage.

no further evidence needed. now cease this retarded nonsense.

Psychotron
Yes he did. That was the whole point of training with Creed. He needed to be able to dodge and block since he couldn't tank his hits. Something he didn't need to do with Drago

He didn't need to do it because he already had those skills at that point. Rocky's training for Drago was all about strength and stamina.

He didn't try.

You said he went down twice in the first round

He sure did.

Okay, fine. It was the second round. It doesn't matter.

That's just plain untrue. He took 4 that we saw and then had his hands up blocking when we see him next. He took 4 at once not 15

That's bullshit. Watch the clip you posted. Starting at 3:00 Clubber wails on Rocky. Just in that instance I counted 26 unblocked hits to the face before Rocky falls down. Then he got right back up. Lang ain't shit.

Stealth Moose
ffs rocky took lang's blows, head on, and walked away with superficial injuries.

KuRuPT Thanosi
\

Obviously both of you don't know boxing.. Drago was the icing on the cake.. He had already taken a lot of damage in his career and Drago finished him off.. it wasn't the case of drago doing all of it and the people before did nothing.. Not so. This was further reinforced by the doctor who said YEARS of head trauma along with the clips of him and his past fights as he was first realizing the damage. It showed al lhis fights

focus4chumps
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
\

Obviously both of you don't know boxing.. Drago was the icing on the cake.. He had already taken a lot of damage in his career and Drago finished him off.. it wasn't the case of drago doing all of it and the people before did nothing.. Not so. This was further reinforced by the doctor who said YEARS of head trauma along with the clips of him and his past fights as he was first realizing the damage. It showed al lhis fights

it's just a huge coincidence that this head trauma started affecting him directly after the drago fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

not 10 years before.

not the day before.

not the morning of.

not even the week after.

but in the shower precisely after his fight with drago.

JUST A COINCIDENCE.

Lestov16
Rocky III and IV are on AMC right now for anyone who wants feats and hilarious 80's tropes

KuRuPT Thanosi
it's just a huge coincidence that this head trauma started affecting him directly after the drago fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

not 10 years before.

not the day before.

not the morning of.

not even the week after.

but in the shower precisely after his fight with drago.

JUST A COINCIDENCE.

Do you think football players have last concussion syndrome because of one hit or a SERIES of hits? It's a series of hits. The damn doctor in the movie SAYS IT WAS FROM YEARS OF HEAD TRAUMA and they proceed to show clips of all his fights. It could be anymore clear. this is the case in the real world and fiction. I most cases it's extended head trauma not just one incident.

Silent Master
Drago wins

juggerman
You need to stop ignoring that in their first match, Rocky was not in good figthing shape or mentallity and had spent the last decade fighting chumps.

Second match, Rocky took Lang's hits and mocked him for more. I posted the clip were Rocky litterally sticks his face forward and asked Lang to punch him.

I'm ignoring nothing. Again I am not talking about the first fight at all. Why you and others want to bring it up like you're refuting a point of mine makes no sense

He blocked them with his glove on the side of his head. He took Dragos hits raw and unprotected

juggerman

If he didn't need to dodge and block Langs hits and Lang got 15 rounds to just smash Rocky then you'd have a point

juggerman
He didn't need to do it because he already had those skills at that point. Rocky's training for Drago was all about strength and stamina.

He sure did.

Okay, fine. It was the second round. It doesn't matter.

That's bullshit. Watch the clip you posted. Starting at 3:00 Clubber wails on Rocky. Just in that instance I counted 26 unblocked hits to the face before Rocky falls down. Then he got right back up. Lang ain't shit.

He had the skills but didn't use them. That's the point

Negative

It does tho

Rocky putting his hands up to his head and Clubber hitting those gloves opposed to him just hitting Rockys unprotected head is him blocking

Stealth Moose
Dude, I just watched Rocky IV again last night. Ivan Drago had him on the floor rapidly in the first round, and it wasn't until a few rounds later that Rocky even got in some hits. Drago is just a friggin' beast. Before the 15th round, a Politburo guy pisses him off and he one-hand neck lifts the guy with his gloved hand. I mean, really.

This is the same guy who beat Apollo Creed into Action Jackson pudding and then mauled a ridiculously ripped and well trained Rocky for the first part of the match.

quanchi112
Dude, I just watched Rocky IV again last night. Ivan Drago had him on the floor rapidly in the first round, and it wasn't until a few rounds later that Rocky even got in some hits. Drago is just a friggin' beast. Before the 15th round, a Politburo guy pisses him off and he one-hand neck lifts the guy with his gloved hand. I mean, really.

This is the same guy who beat Apollo Creed into Action Jackson pudding and then mauled a ridiculously ripped and well trained Rocky for the first part of the match. You're so biased it sickens me. You're leaving out Apollo was five years out of his prime, it was an exhibition match, and he hit him a lot after the bell.

Drago also hit Rocky after the bell multiple times. Rocky took everything this softie threw at him. His own supporters called him a disgrace. Drago lost the support of an entire nation.

laughing out loud

He lost the support of an entire country and unlike Lang never beat Rocky once.

Stealth Moose
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2364/trollchi.jpg

http://copypasterepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/no-frog.jpg

quanchi112
http://copypasterepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/no-frog.jpg Keep ignoring the film facts.

Psychotron
He had the skills but didn't use them. That's the point

Negative

It does tho

Rocky putting his hands up to his head and Clubber hitting those gloves opposed to him just hitting Rockys unprotected head is him blocking

He didn't use them much against Lang either.

Affirmative.

Why?

No. Watch the clip you posted. Skip to 3:00. Rocky takes an assload of hits to the head without covering up. Lang was impotent in their rematch.

juggerman

This is the same guy who beat Apollo Creed into Action Jackson pudding and then mauled a ridiculously ripped and well trained Rocky for the first part of the match.

Because Drago was the better boxer. No one is disputing this

juggerman
He didn't use them much against Lang either.

Affirmative.

Why?

No. Watch the clip you posted. Skip to 3:00. Rocky takes an assload of hits to the head without covering up. Lang was impotent in their rematch.

That's all he used against Lang. His whole strategy was to evade and block so he took as few hits as he could. He didn't have a problem Taking Drago's hits

No

Because it shows what his plan was going in(what he did the entire first round) then it shows how he had to change it up due to his original plan not working(when Clubber caught him and thrashed him in round 2). He had to immediately switch gears to survive. He had no trouble taking hits from Drago for 15 rounds without needing to come upwith a plan on the fly.

I did and you're wrong. Rocky's hands block his head

juggerman

Wait which video?

Psychotron
Wait which video?

That's all he used against Lang. His whole strategy was to evade and block so he took as few hits as he could. He didn't have a problem Taking Drago's hits

No

Because it shows what his plan was going in(what he did the entire first round) then it shows how he had to change it up due to his original plan not working(when Clubber caught him and thrashed him in round 2). He had to immediately switch gears to survive. He had no trouble taking hits from Drago for 15 rounds without needing to come upwith a plan on the fly.

I did and you're wrong. Rocky's hands block his head

Just wacth this video. From 3:00 until he gets knocked down Rocky tanks a shitload of hits to the face from Clubber. No strategy, no dodging, no blocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oCG8b0lIXw

juggerman
Just wacth this video. From 3:00 until he gets knocked down Rocky tanks a shitload of hits to the face from Clubber. No strategy, no dodging, no blocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oCG8b0lIXw

Ok:

1. He did have a strategy. He implemented the entire first round and the beginning of the second. You're pointing out where Clubber broke thru Rocky's defense and trying to act as if Rocky was never trying to avoid him to begin with.

2. Yes he took an ass load of shots from Clubber there but far less than the 15 rounds worth he took from Drago. And again after taking those hits from Lang he NEEDED to change his strategy an avoid taking so many hits. With Drago he did just fine taking all those head shots and never needed to block and dodge like he did with Lang

quanchi112
Lang wins. Rocky could and did tank Drago's punches and illegal after the round punches as well. We saw what happened in the first fight when Rocky took Lang's punches.

Psychotron
Ok:

1. He did have a strategy. He implemented the entire first round and the beginning of the second. You're pointing out where Clubber broke thru Rocky's defense and trying to act as if Rocky was never trying to avoid him to begin with.

2. Yes he took an ass load of shots from Clubber there but far less than the 15 rounds worth he took from Drago. And again after taking those hits from Lang he NEEDED to change his strategy an avoid taking so many hits. With Drago he did just fine taking all those head shots and never needed to block and dodge like he did with Lang

His strategy was to mock Lang, and make him tire himself out. He did that by punching Rocky in the face a whole lot.

Rocky went 15 rounds with Drago because he knocked out Lang in 3. It's that simple. Rocky easily took Lang's shots and mocked him. There's no doubt he could have fought him for another 12 rounds or more.

juggerman
His strategy was to mock Lang, and make him tire himself out. He did that by punching Rocky in the face a whole lot.

Rocky went 15 rounds with Drago because he knocked out Lang in 3. It's that simple. Rocky easily took Lang's shots and mocked him. There's no doubt he could have fought him for another 12 rounds or more.

That was his strategy AFTER his first plan failed. Just watch the first round to see what his plan was. Once that didn't work he moved on to a different plan which involved a lot of blocking and taunting.

You've avoided the point again. He allowed Drago to punch him in the head for 15 rounds. He never had to avoid his hits. He couldn't even take Clubber's hits for a full round before deciding he needed to block and tire him out. He would not have been able to take Clubber's hits as well as he took Drago's and that's proven by his need to avoid them

Psychotron
That was his strategy AFTER his first plan failed. Just watch the first round to see what his plan was. Once that didn't work he moved on to a different plan which involved a lot of blocking and taunting.

You've avoided the point again. He allowed Drago to punch him in the head for 15 rounds. He never had to avoid his hits. He couldn't even take Clubber's hits for a full round before deciding he needed to block and tire him out. He would not have been able to take Clubber's hits as well as he took Drago's and that's proven by his need to avoid them

So what are you saying? Rocky's was plan was originally to dodge and out-fight Lang, but decided that it was easier to just block his fists with his face? Because that's what happened. Rocky did block and dodge some of Clubber's hits, but he still tanked an overwhelming amount with his face and body.

I'm not dodging anything. He let Drago punch him, and he let Lang punch him. I don't what you saw, but what I saw was 26 hard punches to the head in the span of 90 or so seconds. Didn't even slow Rocky down. Compare that to Drago sending Rocky flying with a single punch, or literally killing Creed.

juggerman
So what are you saying? Rocky's was plan was originally to dodge and out-fight Lang, but decided that it was easier to just block his fists with his face? Because that's what happened. Rocky did block and dodge some of Clubber's hits, but he still tanked an overwhelming amount with his face and body.

I'm not dodging anything. He let Drago punch him, and he let Lang punch him. I don't what you saw, but what I saw was 26 hard punches to the head in the span of 90 or so seconds. Didn't even slow Rocky down. Compare that to Drago sending Rocky flying with a single punch, or literally killing Creed.

That's not what happened. He tried to avoid all the hits and then got caught. He was beaten for awhile and then switched tactics by baiting Clubber and then blocking and dodging.

He did not let Lang punch him. He tried to avoid Lang. Then Lang caught him and ruined his plan so he made up a new one on the spot. He never needed Drago to miss him cuz he could take those hits easier than Lang's.

His hits didn't slow Rocky down? They almost KO'd him. Did you even watch the fight? And Drago sent him flying off a cheap shot as he was trying to get up. He never sent him flying while he was on balance.

Psychotron
That's not what happened. He tried to avoid all the hits and then got caught. He was beaten for awhile and then switched tactics by baiting Clubber and then blocking and dodging.

He did not let Lang punch him. He tried to avoid Lang. Then Lang caught him and ruined his plan so he made up a new one on the spot. He never needed Drago to miss him cuz he could take those hits easier than Lang's.

His hits didn't slow Rocky down? They almost KO'd him. Did you even watch the fight? And Drago sent him flying off a cheap shot as he was trying to get up. He never sent him flying while he was on balance.

The movie proved that Rocky could take Lang's best hits. It's irrelevant if Rocky felt or didn't feel he could, because we have on-screen proof that he can. In the real world just those 26 unguarded hits would land you in the hospital or in the morgue, and yet Rocky tanked them and kept going.

They did not. He knocked Rocky down, but Rocky got back almost instantly, and mocked Lang. Cheap, or not it still takes a massive amount of force to move someone like that.

Epicurus
Lang wins. Rocky could and did tank Drago's punches and illegal after the round punches as well. We saw what happened in the first fight when Rocky took Lang's punches.
Untrained and unmotivated Rocky. Context. Rocky easily tanked his hits in the 2nd fight and finished him off after 2 rounds. Drago beat Apollo to death, and Apollo was trained by Rocky prior to the fight and was commented upon being fit and in shape as well.

Epicurus
Anyways, this dupe thread needs to be closed.

juggerman
The movie proved that Rocky could take Lang's best hits. It's irrelevant if Rocky felt or didn't feel he could, because we have on-screen proof that he can. In the real world just those 26 unguarded hits would land you in the hospital or in the morgue, and yet Rocky tanked them and kept going.

They did not. He knocked Rocky down, but Rocky got back almost instantly, and mocked Lang. Cheap, or not it still takes a massive amount of force to move someone like that.

Go thing this isn't the real world we are talking about. Rocky's durability is the stuff of super humans. But it matters a great deal what Rocky thought since we can judge whose hits were more of a worry to him. He could not take Lang's and decided his best course of action was to avoid them at all costs. He had no trouble taking Ivan's tho.

They did. He did not get up instantly. And it doesn't take a massive amount of energy to send someone backwards like that when they are totally off balance and leaning backwards and to basically take a running start and punch them. Pretty much anyone could have done that

juggerman
Originally posted by Epicurus
Rocky easily tanked his hits in the 2nd fight

Well that's just a lie

Psychotron
Go thing this isn't the real world we are talking about. Rocky's durability is the stuff of super humans. But it matters a great deal what Rocky thought since we can judge whose hits were more of a worry to him. He could not take Lang's and decided his best course of action was to avoid them at all costs. He had no trouble taking Ivan's tho.

They did. He did not get up instantly. And it doesn't take a massive amount of energy to send someone backwards like that when they are totally off balance and leaning backwards and to basically take a running start and punch them. Pretty much anyone could have done that

Rocky may have initially thought he couldn't go toe to toe with Clubber, but he did and that's all that matters. Clubber hit him with all he had and couldn't knock him out.

No they didn't. They didn't even stagger him for more than 5 seconds. And it happened twice. Rocky annihilated Lang like no one else he ever fought. Creed, Drago, Gunn, Mayson all lasted a lot longer. Drago would absolutely rape Lang. He'd probably kill him in 30 seconds.

juggerman
Rocky may have initially thought he couldn't go toe to toe with Clubber, but he did and that's all that matters. Clubber hit him with all he had and couldn't knock him out.

No they didn't. They didn't even stagger him for more than 5 seconds. And it happened twice. Rocky annihilated Lang like no one else he ever fought. Creed, Drago, Gunn, Mayson all lasted a lot longer. Drago would absolutely rape Lang. He'd probably kill him in 30 seconds.

Same for Drago. Difference is Rocky could not take Clubber's shot and had to avoid them. He took Drago's hits without needing to block or dodge

Again i don't think Lang would beat Drago. Drago is the better boxer and has loads more stamina. Lang just hits harder

Psychotron
Same for Drago. Difference is Rocky could not take Clubber's shot and had to avoid them. He took Drago's hits without needing to block or dodge

Again i don't think Lang would beat Drago. Drago is the better boxer and has loads more stamina. Lang just hits harder

No. Stop acting like Rocky didn't take any hits from Clubber. He did, he took a lot of them. And don't ignore the fact that Rocky was stronger and tougher in his fight with Drago.

Based on what? Lang's only decent accomplishment is beating an out of shape, emotionally distraught, distracted Rocky. Drago had legit superhuman strength and killed Creed in 2 rounds. He's far more impressive.

juggerman
No. Stop acting like Rocky didn't take any hits from Clubber. He did, he took a lot of them. And don't ignore the fact that Rocky was stronger and tougher in his fight with Drago.

Based on what? Lang's only decent accomplishment is beating an out of shape, emotionally distraught, distracted Rocky. Drago had legit superhuman strength and killed Creed in 2 rounds. He's far more impressive.

I'm not. He did hit him. But stop ignoring the fact that he tried to avoid those hits and only got hit when Clubber broke his defense. With Drago he never needed that defense

Based on Rocky's own actions. He could takes Drago's hits without issue and used his head as a target for Drago while he tried to get inside. With Lang that wasn't an option. Him needing to avoid Lang but him easily absorbing Drago is the proof. You just ignore it

Psychotron
I'm not. He did hit him. But stop ignoring the fact that he tried to avoid those hits and only got hit when Clubber broke his defense. With Drago he never needed that defense

Based on Rocky's own actions. He could takes Drago's hits without issue and used his head as a target for Drago while he tried to get inside. With Lang that wasn't an option. Him needing to avoid Lang but him easily absorbing Drago is the proof. You just ignore it

It's natural to try to avoid hits. But the fact is Rocky tanked everything Clubber threw at him, thus Clubber's punching power was not greater than Drago's. Let's also not ignore that he did try to dodge some of Drago's hits, but couldn't because of Drago's superior reach. Rocky tanked Drago's hits in order to get inside, something he didn't have to do against Lang.

He didn't need to avoid Lang, he simply chose to. There is a difference. If he really needed to he wouldn't be able to take 26 shots from Lang in about minute.

juggerman
It's natural to try to avoid hits. But the fact is Rocky tanked everything Clubber threw at him, thus Clubber's punching power was not greater than Drago's. Let's also not ignore that he did try to dodge some of Drago's hits, but couldn't because of Drago's superior reach. Rocky tanked Drago's hits in order to get inside, something he didn't have to do against Lang.

He didn't need to avoid Lang, he simply chose to. There is a difference. If he really needed to he wouldn't be able to take 26 shots from Lang in about minute.

It's not natural for Rocky. His fighting style revolves around hit tanking shots until he gets an opening. That's how he fought Creed, that's how he fought Drago and that's how he fought Lang the first time. The difference is that there was only one man that forced Rocky to change tactics. And that wasn't Drago

He did. Lang hit too hard for him to continuously take the hits. I'm not saying Clubber could one shot Rocky since no matter how you slice it Rocky's durability is extremely high. But he still needed to do something other than go blow for blow like he does with everyone else.

He relies heavily on his ability to take the opponents hits and basically outlast them. Look and his fights with Apollo. Creed hit Rocky WAY more than Rocky hit Creed. Same with Drago. He never had to stray from this until Lang. And then afterwards nobody has been able to get him to stray from it again. If it ain't broke..... Clubber Lang was the exception. He broke it

Silent Master
Drago took Rocky's punches for 15 rounds, Clubber didn't even last 3.

Drago wins.

juggerman
We know

Psychotron
It's not natural for Rocky. His fighting style revolves around hit tanking shots until he gets an opening. That's how he fought Creed, that's how he fought Drago and that's how he fought Lang the first time. The difference is that there was only one man that forced Rocky to change tactics. And that wasn't Drago

He did. Lang hit too hard for him to continuously take the hits. I'm not saying Clubber could one shot Rocky since no matter how you slice it Rocky's durability is extremely high. But he still needed to do something other than go blow for blow like he does with everyone else.

He relies heavily on his ability to take the opponents hits and basically outlast them. Look and his fights with Apollo. Creed hit Rocky WAY more than Rocky hit Creed. Same with Drago. He never had to stray from this until Lang. And then afterwards nobody has been able to get him to stray from it again. If it ain't broke..... Clubber Lang was the exception. He broke it

Your entire argument is based on the fact that Rocky dodged or blocked a few of Lang's hits. That doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove Rocky can't take Lang's hits, because we see Lang unload on Rocky a few times, and Rocky takes it just fine. You'd have some kind of argument if Rocky was seriously staggered or injured, but this never happens in their rematch. Instead Rocky actively mocks Lang throughout the fight. Rocky tried out the techniques Apollo taught him and that's all it is. He reverted back to his own style when he faced Drago, as it suits him better. Your simply over-analyzing things.

quanchi112
Drago took Rocky's punches for 15 rounds, Clubber didn't even last 3.

Drago wins. Clubber won the first fight. Drago never made it to a second.

smile

Darkstorm Zero
Clubber won the first fight. Drago never made it to a second.

smile

Drago lasted longer than both of Lang's fights combined.

Context. Plus, you can't use the first fight as a measuring stick, because Rocky was distracted.

quanchi112
Drago lasted longer than both of Lang's fights combined.

Context. Plus, you can't use the first fight as a measuring stick, because Rocky was distracted. Lang won Drago didn't.

In sport people don't dismiss wins and losses if you show up not at your best. What planet are you from ?

Lang decimated Rocky whereas Drago did not.

Darkstorm Zero
Lang won Drago didn't.

In sport people don't dismiss wins and losses if you show up not at your best. What planet are you from ?

Lang decimated Rocky whereas Drago did not.

Pathetic excuses to lowball.

quanchi112
Pathetic excuses to lowball. No, I recite the facts. You want to ignore them. Sickening.

Darkstorm Zero
No, I recite the facts. You want to ignore them. Sickening.

Quoting records without context is lowballing, your denial of this is irrelevant.

quanchi112
Quoting records without context is lowballing, your denial of this is irrelevant. Drago never bested Rocky whereas Lang had before. 1-1 against Lang whereas he was 1-0 against Drago.

Your logic is as awful as your skills with the ladies.

Darkstorm Zero
Drago never bested Rocky whereas Lang had before. 1-1 against Lang whereas he was 1-0 against Drago.

Your logic is as awful as your skills with the ladies.

Again, quoting record without context. You've proven my point superbly.

juggerman
Your entire argument is based on the fact that Rocky dodged or blocked a few of Lang's hits. That doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove Rocky can't take Lang's hits, because we see Lang unload on Rocky a few times, and Rocky takes it just fine. You'd have some kind of argument if Rocky was seriously staggered or injured, but this never happens in their rematch. Instead Rocky actively mocks Lang throughout the fight. Rocky tried out the techniques Apollo taught him and that's all it is. He reverted back to his own style when he faced Drago, as it suits him better. Your simply over-analyzing things.

It wasn't "a few" and it means a lot. We can say "well i think ABC while you think XYZ" but in this case we can clearly see what the actual character thought. That carries a ton of weight. He was staggered and injured. Enough so that he changed tactics mid fight, something he has never done or ever did again. He only mocked him as a part of the strategy and it was even stated by the announcer(just in case the viewer couldn't figure out what was happening). He did "try out" the techniques, he heavily relied upon them. He reverted against Drago because he could. He didn't need to avoid his softer hits like he had to with Lang

quanchi112
Again, quoting record without context. You've proven my point superbly. In sports we don't discount losses due to injuries or anything. Both fighters were healthy and one won and one lost.

I'd love to hear sports center according to your girly brain. This teams top wideout was injured so the receiving yards suffered thus they beat the team not at their best. laughing out loud

juggerman
Context. Plus, you can't use the first fight as a measuring stick, because Rocky was distracted.

While it's true there was context involved it really wouldn't have made a difference since Rocky needed to adopt a whole new style to contend with Lang. Had Mick not died Rocky would have still gone in leading with his face as he normally does and Lang would have KO'd him just the same. The whole point of the training was to teach Balboa how to stick and move which is what he needed to do in order to win

Darkstorm Zero
In sports we don't discount losses due to injuries or anything. Both fighters were healthy and one won and one lost.

And here I thought we were discussing a vs match on a debating forum.

I'd love to hear sports center according to your girly brain. This teams top wideout was injured so the receiving yards suffered thus they beat the team not at their best. laughing out loud

Again, there is a Worlds difference between a theoretical vs match, and an actual boxing match. This debate is about actual ability, not sporting statistics you simple chimp.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>