Freddy vs. Jason (read details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This isn't a new battle between the two but instead I wanted to see how opinions viewed the titanic clash between two of horror's biggest villains. Who do you feel got the better of the other on screen ?

You can also weigh in on what you think the movie got wrong iyo based off of previous films.

thanos-prime
Freddy was whooping jason's ass all over that campus.

the ninjak
Well Freddy got resurrected and found a dumb golem he can raise to do it all over again if people forgot him. That golem being Jason.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well Freddy got resurrected and found a dumb golem he can raise to do it all over again if people forgot him. That golem being Jason. If you had to score their fight who would have won ?

thanos-prime
My biggest prob with this movie is that jason would have never made it to crystal lake he would have been dealt with when freddy put him to sleep they had to nurf freddy for this movie.

the ninjak
Originally posted by quanchi112
If you had to score their fight who would have won ?

Freddy for sure. Brains/Control over Brawn/Rage.

Freddy profitted. Jason just went for a walk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by thanos-prime
My biggest prob with this movie is that jason would have never made it to crystal lake he would have been dealt with when freddy put him to sleep they had to nurf freddy for this movie. But you have to admit Freddy does like torturing his victims so that's pretty spot on with Freddy. If the kids hadn't gotten involved he would have probably been drowned.

They really did play up Freddy's fighting skills in the real world.

thanos-prime
But you have to admit Freddy does like torturing his victims so that's pretty spot on with Freddy. If the kids hadn't gotten involved he would have probably been drowned.

They really did play up Freddy's fighting skills in the real world. After the first couple attacks he began actively trying to kill him which would have only take limb removal to put him down.

quanchi112
After the first couple attacks he began actively trying to kill him which would have only take limb removal to put him down. You mean when Freddy was fighting Jason in the dream world or when Jason was fighting freddy in the real world ?

thanos-prime
You mean when Freddy was fighting Jason in the dream world or when Jason was fighting freddy in the real world ? Dream world, would have been so much easier than they made it look.

quanchi112
Dream world, would have been so much easier than they made it look. Yeah, it was cool though because Freddy was going for the kill and Jason so far weathered the storm. Once he found out Jason's fear of water he couldn't resist torturing the scared young boy in Jason.

thanos-prime
Yeah, it was cool though because Freddy was going for the kill and Jason so far weathered the storm. Once he found out Jason's fear of water he couldn't resist torturing the scared young boy in Jason. OFc that in itself isn't consistent, jason as far as ive seen doesn't have a fear of water in any movie but that one.

the ninjak
OFc that in itself isn't consistent, jason as far as ive seen doesn't have a fear of water in any movie but that one.

Nah Jason has been trapped in lakes a couple of times. It seems to put him to sleep or trance state.

thanos-prime
Nah Jason has been trapped in lakes a couple of times. It seems to put him to sleep or trance state. Trapped=Afraid? No he has never hesitated to enter the lake and attack someone.

the ninjak
Trapped=Afraid? No he has never hesitated to enter the lake and attack someone.

In two or three films he has been wrapped in a chain and trapped at the bottom of Crystal Lake. He turned off and had to wait to be resurrected in the next film.

I agree though. He likes to hit the water. It's a contadiction and doesn't make sense.

quanchi112
OFc that in itself isn't consistent, jason as far as ive seen doesn't have a fear of water in any movie but that one. Yeah, Jason never seemed to have a real fear of water in the other ones. He had no problems charging in the lake after his victims before.

They really played it up I think because Freddy had problems with fire and Jason had problems with water. One drowned and one burned to death. Pretty cool actually that they were both at opposite ends of this spectrum.

thanos-prime
In two or three films he has been wrapped in a chain and trapped at the bottom of Crystal Lake. He turned off and had to wait to be resurrected in the next film.

I agree though. He likes to hit the water. It's a contadiction and doesn't make sense. Well yeah you know he was kinda trapped why wouldn't he sleep? this has nothing to do with the him being afraid of water point,why bring it up?

the ninjak
I never said it made him afraid. Just trances him out.

And it was just a chain that held Jason down. He could have escaped. It has something to do with it being the environment that he died in.

Jason is easily manipulated. He's a simple child. That's why Freddy fooled him so easily.

thanos-prime
I never said it made him afraid. Just trances him out.

And it was just a chain that held Jason down. He could have escaped. It has something to do with it being the environment that he died in.

Jason is easily manipulated. He's a simple child. That's why Freddy fooled him so easily. A chain and a big ass rock, and he was under water making it much harder to get out out the noose. I do agree that the water can make hi go into a trace state i just don't agree that that was all that kept him down there in jason lives.

the ninjak
In the one were the Telekinetic girl resurrected her father and he came out of the water with a chain was just absurd.

quanchi112
In the one were the Telekinetic girl resurrected her father and he came out of the water with a chain was just absurd. You are referring to part 7 he assumed you were talking about part 6. The whole father coming back from the dead to beat Jason was a little out there.

Par6 six is called Jason Lives

Part 7 is called New Blood.

thanos-prime
In the one were the Telekinetic girl resurrected her father and he came out of the water with a chain was just absurd. That's my favorite friday tho i don't quite remember the scene.

quanchi112
That's my favorite friday tho i don't quite remember the scene. It's the end of the movie right out on the dock after Jason shoves Tina's bf on the boat and is about to kill Tina. Her father comes from the lake and takes jason with him after he wraps like a wire around jason's neck and pulls him in.

the ninjak
Yeah it was 7. My favourite as well.
That's were I came to the conclusion that Jason just tranced out once in the lake a bound.
Sending him into a fearful flashback of his childhood.

Impediment
It can be said, without dispute, that Freddy beat the ever loving shit out of Jason in dream world.

In the real world, however, Freddy was the "quick scrapper" while Jason was the "lumbering powerhouse".

The many quick attacks Freddy landed hurt Jason, but the even fewer blows that Jason landed absolutely pummeled Freddy.

With no outside help from the kids, I feel that Jason would have persevered.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
It can be said, without dispute, that Freddy beat the ever loving shit out of Jason in dream world.

In the real world, however, Freddy was the "quick scrapper" while Jason was the "lumbering powerhouse".

The many quick attacks Freddy landed hurt Jason, but the even fewer blows that Jason landed absolutely pummeled Freddy.

With no outside help from the kids, I feel that Jason would have persevered. I dunno if he would have persevered. Mainly because I remember freddy having the upper hand before that chick screamed freddy's name. After that jason ripped off his arm.

Jason has a lot more damage soak and is far stronger than Freddy is but Freddy really beat the piss out of him. I was shocked to see freddy standing over him, talking smack, after a brutal fight thus far.

But yeah in the real world Jason has a huge advantage but the film to me showed Freddy get the better of him before the kids mucked everything all up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.