Zeus versus Odin... parenting skills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
who's the daddy?

c'mon... who's the better parent, the better tutor and instructor and the better disciplinarian? confused

StiltmanFTW
I think Odin is worse... but that's just because he has more showings.

CosmicComet
Zeus is obviously the more prolific progenitor due to being the better looking all-father (maybe homo) and having more skills in this regard.

But how many of his baby mommas does he pay attention to?

Odin for responsible parenting--I guess. Zeus for winning.

illadelph12
Didn't Zeus turn himself into a swan in order to impregnate a woman? How is that setting a good example for Hercules?

What part of the game is that?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by illadelph12
Didn't Zeus turn himself into a swan in order to impregnate a woman? How is that setting a good example for Hercules?

Odin gets off beating the shit out of Thor, cursing him, raping and 100 other things.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin is a far superior parent and is much wiser than Zeus. F*ck Fraction and his ridiculous take on Odin. 50 years of continuity take precedence over this idiocy.

The Odin he writes is a raging lunatic. So out of character I don't want to even call him the All Father.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Odin gets off beating the shit out of Thor, cursing him, raping and 100 other things.

Fraction's writes Odin as an ******* but his never raped anyone unless you're referring to the For Asgard mini where he raped Gaea. But that's non cannon.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin is a far superior parent and is much wiser than Zeus. F*ck Fraction and his ridiculous take on Odin. 50 years of continuity take precedence over this idiocy.

The Odin he writes is a raging lunatic. So out of character I don't want to even call him the All Father.

I've actually thought of a possible explanation for his change in character

illadelph12
Only on KMC would you find a debate on the evils of fictional child abuse compared to fictional bestiality.

Only on KMC. laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I've actually thought of a possible explanation for his change in character

Unfortunately Fraction has never hinted at any problems and outright said he enjoys writing an angry Odin.

Endless Mike
Yeah but another writer could retcon it to something like that

Hyperion Prime
I think Zeus is the better father. Odin beats his kid like he was black or something. (Meaning both Thor and Odin). Talks down to him. Odin is a dick. chichihittinggoku

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah but another writer could retcon it to something like that

Possibly. But I wager Fraction will be writing Thor for a year or two more. Hopefully sales will drop significantly like they did during his last run and that will force Marvel to change writers.

After the Galactus/Surfer arc, I'm dropping Thor. I never thought I'd see the day when the incestuous idiot Zeus would be getting votes over Odin in regards to fatherhood.

janus77
So, the general feeling is that Zeus' talents lie more in impregnating the unsuspecting milk maidens, whilst Odin's one-eye is kept more focused on raising the runt he has?

What about Loki? that's a twisted piece of parenting no?

CosmicComet

After the Galactus/Surfer arc, I'm dropping Thor.

So it begins...

sad

Endless Mike
Possibly. But I wager Fraction will be writing Thor for a year or two more. Hopefully sales will drop significantly like they did during his last run and that will force Marvel to change writers.

After the Galactus/Surfer arc, I'm dropping Thor. I never thought I'd see the day when the incestuous idiot Zeus would be getting votes over Odin in regards to fatherhood.

There should be an arc where it is revealed that when Odin was resurrected he was possessed by some kind of evil spirit and Thor and his allies have to fight him in order to stop it.

JakeTheBank
Odin is the better father. All of his machinations ultimately resulted in Thor achieving the end of Ragnarok and saving Asgard from pointless death and rebirth. Though Zeus comes off as more stable currently mentally lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by janus77
So, the general feeling is that Zeus' talents lie more in impregnating the unsuspecting milk maidens, whilst Odin's one-eye is kept more focused on raising the runt he has?

What about Loki? that's a twisted piece of parenting no?

What about Loki? Odin tried his best, but Loki is twisted at his very core.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There should be an arc where it is revealed that when Odin was resurrected he was possessed by some kind of evil spirit and Thor and his allies have to fight him in order to stop it.

Something like that should be revealed but I doubt it.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
So it begins...

sad

I can't support a writer that butchers my favorite characters so.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Loki is a douche. There are some takes that play at "nature vs. nuture" but generally, Loki's douchebaggery is all a result of Loki himself.

janus77
So why doesn't Odin deal with him properly? Surely a good parent would know when to abort such a failed venture. Think how many innocents have died as a result of Loki's machinations.

Odin just has to clip him round the ear and all would be set aright yes

Also, Zeus comes from a troubled-home, he should be given some props for managing to not strangle Hercules at birth! c'mon, the guy's father castrated his grandfather, that shit's not right is it?

I think you're all far too judgemental about Zeus, he needs our understanding and respect for what he has achieved, in the way of parenthood.

JakeTheBank
Well, the general reason for it is that Loki is more or less "fated" to be who he is. Odin recognizes that and also recognizes Loki's role in the universe as it pertains to the Asgardians. Conversely, like in the "Loki" mini, Loki feels that Odin set him along the path of evil to further make Thor shine brighter by comparison. Loki's fairly important in the grand scheme of things as far as Ragnarok is concerned.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So why doesn't Odin deal with him properly? Surely a good parent would know when to abort such a failed venture. Think how many innocents have died as a result of Loki's machinations.

Odin just has to clip him round the ear and all would be set aright yes

Exactly how should Odin deal with him? Execute him? That can't happen. It's not their way weirdly enough and Odin understands the necessity of balance.

Odin loves Loki and has done his best to raise him, has given him every opportunity but it just doesn't work. The bastard is to evil and has trapped himself inside this circle of death. He's imprisoned him and made him pay for his terrible crimes with everything but his life.

Also, Zeus comes from a troubled-home, he should be given some props for managing to not strangle Hercules at birth! c'mon, the guy's father castrated his grandfather, that shit's not right is it?

I think you're all far too judgemental about Zeus, he needs our understanding and respect for what he has achieved, in the way of parenthood.

What has Zeus achieved as a parent? His only good deed as far as I can remember was making Hercules a full on immortal.

Speaking about troubled sons, how about Ares? Zeus sure showed some excellent parenting skills there.

How about Zeus' work with Ares? The Olympian is simply a poor father.

janus77
Ares is a fine upstanding soldier, what's your problem with him?

Loki is a menace to humanity and only became so as a result of Odin's actions in raising him.

Odin seems to view Loki in a sort of utilitarian fashion, something I think Loki long ago picked up on.

Zeus gave Hercules room to grow and make mistakes, Odin just bosses Thor about and demands constant expressions of loyalty and fealty.

Also, Zeus has the better beard! (I win!)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ares is a fine upstanding soldier, what's your problem with him?

Lol? Ares is a homicidal maniac. F*cker enjoys death more than Loki does. His body count is in the billions. We literally got an estimate that was over 6 billion.

We're debating parenting skills and Zeus method for handling Ares? Ignore him. Lawlz.

Loki is a menace to humanity and only became so as a result of Odin's actions in raising him.

What? You don't know what you're talking about. Odin tried his best to raise Loki, he loved the little bastard, but Loki is Loki. It's in his nature to be mischievous and eventually evil.

Odin seems to view Loki in a sort of utilitarian fashion, something I think Loki long ago picked up on.

Elaborate.

Zeus gave Hercules room to grow and make mistakes, Odin just bosses Thor about and demands constant expressions of loyalty and fealty.

Also, Zeus has the better beard! (I win!)

Lol? You don't know what you're talking about.

quanchi112
Odin's the better pop. He knew to protect Thor from the all powerful silver surfer. Someone like Zeus would have just let Thor stand on his own two feet.

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin's the better pop. He knew to protect Thor from the all powerful silver surfer. Someone like Zeus would have just let Thor stand on his own two feet.
yes because Thor isn't Zeus' son and because Zeus would probably see a good ass-kicking as educative for Thor (or even Hercules).

Ok, who imparted the more wisdom to their off-springs?
who has done the more to build good character in them?

who has taught their male off-spring how to properly grow a man's beard?

important questions to consider!

JakeTheBank

important questions to consider!

Odin, no contest.

Odin, no contest.

Zeus, no contest.

quanchi112
yes because Thor isn't Zeus' son and because Zeus would probably see a good ass-kicking as educative for Thor (or even Hercules).

important questions to consider! Odin, Odin, and Zeus.

Colossus-Big C
depends who is writing zeus, zeus from marvel the end would have won

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
depends who is writing zeus, zeus from marvel the end would have won This is a parenting skills thread. You can't be serious I think this is an act of yours.

Colossus-Big C
yes, zeus from marvel the end would have won this contest based on how he was portrayed

Igniz
How about Zeus' work with Ares? The Olympian is simply a poor father.

And the Ares Mini-series supports Rage's argument about Zeus not being a Good Parent.The fact Ares won a battle for the Olympians against Hades and Zeus instead listened to what the people of Olympus are saying about Ares.So what did Ares do?Leave Olympus to start a new life on Earth.And when trouble arrives on Olympus, Zeus ordered that Alexander be kidnapped so Ares would come to Olympus's aid against Amatsu-Mikaboshi.Odin win this.

quanchi112
yes, zeus from marvel the end would have won this contest based on how he was portrayed Then tell me what he did in that story.

Simbon

Zeus is the most prolific rapist in history -- he's turned into a swan, a bull, a golden mist, and many other things, all in the name of rape.

That said, it could be argued he's the better parent, at least from mythology. He tends to look out for his little bastards, whereas Odin has deliberately humiliated Thor just to dick around with him. Comics Odin is less full of mischief, though, and there is actually some purpose to his dicking around with Thor.

Colossus-Big C
didnt odin and zeus both minrape there sons after the olympus asgard war?

Uriel005
Zeus ate Athena.... that's pretty damn bad. Also chucking Hephaestus out of olympus for having a club foot. Odin at least generally has a reason for the crap he heaps on Thor. Zeus just does it cause hes an irresponsible prick a lot of the time with a bad temper

Simbon
Originally posted by Uriel005
Zeus ate Athena.... that's pretty damn bad. Also chucking Hephaestus out of olympus for having a club foot. Odin at least generally has a reason for the crap he heaps on Thor. Zeus just does it cause hes an irresponsible prick a lot of the time with a bad temper

Kids crave discipline. Seriously, though, Zeus had been wronged by Hera, and Hephaestus took the wrong side of the argument. Bad temper was involved, but it wasn't a purely dick move.

Badabing
Odin isn't afraid to beat and imprison his son. Odin gets my vote.

Simbon
Originally posted by Uriel005
Zeus ate Athena....

I'd eat Athena. shifty

Uriel005
Originally posted by Simbon
I'd eat Athena. shifty sry I don't drink juice with more than 95% b itch content

quanchi112
didnt odin and zeus both minrape there sons after the olympus asgard war? Are you going to answer my question ?

Colossus-Big C
Are you going to answer my question ? King Thor came to him for wisdom and knowledge

quanchi112
King Thor came to him for wisdom and knowledge What's that have to do with parenting skills ?

Tha C-Master

What part of the game is that? Doing what you have to do to get yours.

Diesldude
Odin, Zeus should thank whomever he worships that Herc decided not to continue his family's tradition of patricide.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Diesldude
Odin, Zeus should thank whomever he worships that Herc decided not to continue his family's tradition of patricide. you do know the asgardians did the same right?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Fraction's writes Odin as an ******* but his never raped anyone unless you're referring to the For Asgard mini where he raped Gaea. But that's non cannon.

I'm guessing you're a big fan of Fraction eh Rage?

beast1234
Lol? Ares is a homicidal maniac. F*cker enjoys death more than Loki does. His body count is in the billions. We literally got an estimate that was over 6 billion.

We're debating parenting skills and Zeus method for handling Ares? Ignore him. Lawlz.

What? You don't know what you're talking about. Odin tried his best to raise Loki, he loved the little bastard, but Loki is Loki. It's in his nature to be mischievous and eventually evil.

Elaborate.

Lol? You don't know what you're talking about.

There no doubt that Loki is naturly mischievous but i would not say that he is naturly evil His hatred of Thor was forge from jealousy. Asgard is a society that vaules and courage and warrior skills this were Thor exceled at making him well respect and giving him fame Loki to wnated to be accpeted but unfortunately he was not has great has Thor in that area his true talents lied in intellect, cunning and magic which made him less notice. At first Loki wanted to be respect by the people of asgaurd and in order to do this he needed a level of respect that was on the level of Thor or a level that surpass it. So during his teenhood he tried to be powerful so that he can gain respect but later on his desire for power turn inward and he grew bitter and his hatred of Thor increase making him a Thor villian Loki is a very complex character. I agree that Odin is the better father.

kgkg
Odin's the better pop. He knew to protect Thor from the all powerful silver surfer. Someone like Zeus would have just let Thor stand on his own two feet. Thanks for the lol.

beast1234
Anyway Odin is the better father.

Lord_Talron
how is such a silly thread at 3 pages xeyebigsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.