Questions about regulating birth control

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So one of the most under-reported problems in the US is the complete lack of regulations of sex stuff. Things like sex toys being made of toxic materials that are banned everywhere else etc.

This question is about two specific things.

1. Latex Condoms-
There are other materials readily available and latex allergies are increasing exponentially to the point where in some stores you can't find latex gloves, only neoprene or other substitutes. Why make latex condoms at all and why is finding alternatives so difficult?

2. Nonoxynol-9-
When I was in school, this spermicide was pushed on us like it was the cure for fat. They claimed that it prevented everything and as such, this stuff was put in everything. It's still in many products and not labeled at such.
Here's the problem-
1. It tears up your skin and mucosa, INCREASING your risk of every single STD and UTI you can possibly get to say nothing of injury.
2. It can be a severe irritant and can exacerbate allergic reactions.
3. contrary to claims, it kills sperm and only sperm, not bacteria or viruses.
4. It messes up your pH and promotes the growth of fungi, greatly increasing the risk of yeast infection especially in women and intact men.

so WHY IS THIS LEGAL AT ALL?

JimProfit
Because it makes people money. Thats why sex is marketed. People are stupid enough to believe they have a choice in anything. They can't even post on the God damn internet without moderators watching their every move, but they have choice... sure...

Sex makes elite money. Sex distracts people from forming families, or getting involved in a cause, or at least having enough dignity to defend their own rights. Sex makes people stupid, docile, and good consumers. Thats why the only shame of sex is catching an STD or pregnancy. And even an STD only "slows you down". Why do you think pregnancy is condemned but only in certain situations?

They have to repopulate their slaves, so "it's a miracle", but only in limited gulps. When people start producing five or six kids... it suddenly becomes an epidemic, having to brainwash and line up all those little bastards... I am not opposed to illicit sex, so long as it results in another human being, and overwhelms the system with welfare and crack babies.

They will never regulate birth control, abortion, or anything else up until the value of human cattle goes up and they need you to reproduce. But that probably will never happen. Even when people HAD families and shit, it was still wholly because human were cattle, and because life expectancy was so short, you needed to have like ten God damn kids to insure you had at least one to inherit the farm.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by JimProfit
Because it makes people money. Thats why sex is marketed. People are stupid enough to believe they have a choice in anything. They can't even post on the God damn internet without moderators watching their every move, but they have choice... sure...

Sex makes elite money. Sex distracts people from forming families, or getting involved in a cause, or at least having enough dignity to defend their own rights. Sex makes people stupid, docile, and good consumers. Thats why the only shame of sex is catching an STD or pregnancy. And even an STD only "slows you down". Why do you think pregnancy is condemned but only in certain situations?

They have to repopulate their slaves, so "it's a miracle", but only in limited gulps. When people start producing five or six kids... it suddenly becomes an epidemic, having to brainwash and line up all those little bastards... I am not opposed to illicit sex, so long as it results in another human being, and overwhelms the system with welfare and crack babies.

They will never regulate birth control, abortion, or anything else up until the value of human cattle goes up and they need you to reproduce. But that probably will never happen. Even when people HAD families and shit, it was still wholly because human were cattle, and because life expectancy was so short, you needed to have like ten God damn kids to insure you had at least one to inherit the farm.

Then why isn't prostitution legal....in the US?

ADarksideJedi
I don't even know why people risk taking it or using it when it has so many stuff wrong with it.

siriuswriter
Because these are only instances in birth control where the product is flawed. The consumer needs to be aware of these things, just like any other product.

And of course, there are other, safer methods, as just chastity rarely works, unless people are completely committed to it.

Darth Jello
From personal experience, let's just say that if you've always had protected sex and suddenly you get what looks like a herpes rash for no reason, of course get it checked out but be prepared to spend an embarrassingly long time in the embarrassing aisle at the supermarket looking for the right condom like a clarinet player looking for the right reed.
And if it had NO-9 on it, it's going to look like that for a month.

Seriously, every single other product using latex is phasing out because the majority of the human population will soon have latex allergies. If you can't find latex surgical gloves anymore, why condoms?

lil bitchiness
There should be nothing remotely embarrassing about buying condoms nor looking for the right kind...
Why would it be? Because someone will see you and think: ''OMG this person is having protected sex!!!!''

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
There should be nothing remotely embarrassing about buying condoms nor looking for the right kind...
Why would it be? Because someone will see you and think: ''OMG this person is having protected sex!!!!''

What if you're buying condoms, lube and large cucumbers, but nothing else?

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Robtard
What if you're buying condoms, lube and large cucumbers, but nothing else? That's why you always buy an archie comic and a bag of fun size candies so you don't look suspicious.

lil bitchiness

I wouldn't, cos I'd invest in a dildo, instead. Anyone who uses cucumbers instead of dildos should accept the awkwardness at the counter.

BackFire

It's really not that bad. Weird looks, but I've never had anyone say anything to me.

King Kandy
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I agree... half the time where i live the cashier is some hipster and doesn't give a shit if you're having sex or not.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by King Kandy
I agree... half the time where i live the cashier is some hipster and doesn't give a shit if you're having sex or not. Trust me, they do when you're buying condoms, all-natural lube, and tubes of topical hydrocortisone, generic topical benadryl, and Vitamin A & D cream.

Like seriously, it is much better to have gonorrhea, syphillis, or chlamydia than allergic balanoposthitis and contact dermatitis because at least those go away after a shot or a week of oral antibiotics.

To reiterate, the entire industry should switch over to synthetics and NO-9 should be outlawed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.