Kingdom Come Superman Vs Alan Scott (Sentinel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/192906-3323-superman_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30247/1241593-jla5402_large.jpg

Tazer
Yo.

KC-Supes was more powerful than his younger/current self, and I didnt hear the same said for Alan, so even given my predisposition to side w/GLs over Supes..............I think I gotta go "blue" on this 1.

Tazer

YoungGunna
Kingdom Come Superman ftw

Galan007
Alan.

JakeTheBank
Alan Scott

Batman-Prime
KC Superman should win this against Sentinel, because he is green and KC Superman is immune to green. Current Alan Scott (Sentinel/Starheartkickassdude) seems more powerful though, he has a lot of white, and I think it would be a 50-50.

Tazer
Yo.

.............."Superman is immune to green"?

HUNH?!??

is that a ref to green K, or being a GL, or possibly collard greens maybe?!?? Im lost here, so plz explain comrade if ya will?

Tazer

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

.............."Superman is immune to green"?

HUNH?!??

is that a ref to green K, or being a GL, or possibly collard greens maybe?!?? Im lost here, so plz explain comrade if ya will?

Tazer

In KC, Alan merged with the Lantern and became the Sentinel more ore less, the most powerful GL. He was still quite vulnerable to some attacks from Green Arrow and though powerful, I would give a GL only the majority against Superman, if he could create Green K. Since KC Superman is immune to Green K, he should win it. Besides, he is more powerful then his younger self.
That's if we talk about Alan with a portion of the Starheart. The new Alan controls the whole Starheart and how much power he can get from it, is yet to be seen. Though he rocked Scythe pretty well and I like this "new" approach (even with the funny new costume) and believe him to be the most powerful Superhero on Earth right now, the thread is not about him, I guess.

JakeTheBank
Alan should be able to harm Superman regardless, though due to the mystical properties of the Starheart. Hell, Alan is the one Green Lantern I would feel safest betting on to beat Superman for a majority because of that very reason. I have no clue how Superman would handle a Starheart manifested blade slashing or impaling him; Mordru was in some serious trouble and only his regenerative and immortal capabilities were what stopped him from dying.

I wager Alan with the full power of the Starheart would deal at least as much damage to KC Superman as KC Captain Marvel's Shazam bolts.

Galan007
The Starheart is magical in nature. KC Supes was still vulnerable to magic. 1+1=?

JakeTheBank
^Pretty much. thumb up

Zack Fair
Say what you all want...

that cover by Alex Ross is the ****ing shit. One of my favorite covers, if not my favorite cover, ever.

Long live Ross and Kingdom Come. *Fanboy salute*

ares834
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Say what you all want...

that cover by Alex Ross is the ****ing shit. One of my favorite covers, if not my favorite cover, ever.

Long live Ross and Kingdom Come. *Fanboy salute*

thumb up

Ross is awesome. And Kingdom Come was amazing, it puts Marvel's Civil War to shame.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Alan should be able to harm Superman regardless, though due to the mystical properties of the Starheart. Hell, Alan is the one Green Lantern I would feel safest betting on to beat Superman for a majority because of that very reason. I have no clue how Superman would handle a Starheart manifested blade slashing or impaling him; Mordru was in some serious trouble and only his regenerative and immortal capabilities were what stopped him from dying.

I wager Alan with the full power of the Starheart would deal at least as much damage to KC Superman as KC Captain Marvel's Shazam bolts.

Ah yes the magic thingi, I forgot, meh. Ok it would hurt more but still, KC Superman was vulnerable and he still survived Shazams Bolts pretty well. Alan on the other hand, lacked the reaction time to handle Green Arrows well arrows. Do the math.
I think Alan can take on KC supes, just not for the majority, at least not with a portion of the Starheart. Now he is different but not in this thread, right?

Uriel005
KC supes made standard look like a piss weak fool. it was like standing a bottle of everclear next to a cors light. however I'm going to say due to shown resistance to CM SHAZAM which is his most powerful attack imo that he takes this 6/10. I'd need to see some higher tier stuff coming from Alan. it's not so much i don't think he couldn't take a majority as much as it is I think he needs some more feats on the high end to see what his limits are.

JakeTheBank
Higher tier stuff from Alan? Battling Mordru to brief standstills at least twice, discharging energy like so:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1290003-alan15vsobsidian4uo3_super.jpg

And there was an out of control Alan who solo'd the JLA/JSA more or less on the moon's Emerald City.

cdtm
Higher tier stuff from Alan? Battling Mordru to brief standstills at least twice, discharging energy like so:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1290003-alan15vsobsidian4uo3_super.jpg

And there was an out of control Alan who solo'd the JLA/JSA more or less on the moon's Emerald City.

Claiming they fought to a standstill is overstatement, imo. Usually, Alan manages to get in one shot on Mordru, then gets taken out..

But yeah, he does have some incredible power feats, like that scan from when he pwned Obsidian.

Also, all the stuff Mordru did using the Starheart, should be something Alan could do as well.

JakeTheBank
They have fought to brief standstills, though. Alan would have otherwise straight up killed Mordru when he cut him open with his sword like so, but Mordru is immortal as they come and it doesn't help that Mordru exploited Alan's wood weakness several times, too. If KC Superman were to be cut by the same sword, considering its properties and Alan as of now is more powerful than Alan back then, I can't say Kal would be feeling all that great. Another time, while Mordru was weakened immediately, Alan held his ground for a longer time.

Alan's far and away more versatile than KC Superman as well as having superior firepower of a source which would be detrimental to him. That's just regular Green Lantern Alan Scott, too. With the entirety of the Starheart at his command, Alan should take this for the majority.

Badabing

I wager Alan with the full power of the Starheart would deal at least as much damage to KC Superman as KC Captain Marvel's Shazam bolts. The ONE Green Lantern!?

Two words: Guy Gardner! sneer

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
The ONE Green Lantern!?

Two words: Guy Gardner! sneer

Yes, but Guy is abstract so that goes without saying.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Ah yes the magic thingi, I forgot, meh. Ok it would hurt more but still, KC Superman was vulnerable and he still survived Shazams Bolts pretty well. Alan on the other hand, lacked the reaction time to handle Green Arrows well arrows. Do the math.

I wouldnt consider being bloodied "surviving an atk pretty well".......... wink

Tazer

Badabing
Yes, but Guy is abstract so that goes without saying. Ah, then I take it back.

cdtm
Yo.

I wouldnt consider being bloodied "surviving an atk pretty well".......... wink

Tazer

I would! The fact he's vulnerable enough to get all bloodied up, yet took so many of them and STILL won the fight, is what makes his surviving them so impressive.

Tazer
Yo.

technically, he only won becuz Billyshifted his focus from fighting him to taking out that bomb........

Tazer

ares834
Nah, he managed to depower Billy by making the lightning hit him and had Billy at his mercy.

Tazer
Yo.

and yet Billy *still managed to break free and knock Supes for a loop* (by calling down another l-strike IIRC), in order to deal w/that bomb..........

Tazer

Batman-Prime
Yo.

and yet Billy *still managed to break free and knock Supes for a loop* (by calling down another l-strike IIRC), in order to deal w/that bomb..........

Tazer

You remember it wrong wink

Supes won and let Billy go, he wanted to stop the Bomb but didn't want to kill Billy. Supes went for the Bomb, Billy transformed, chased Supes threw him to the ground and went for the Bomb himself. A Sacrifice.

Tazer
Yo.

hrmmm.....Im gonna hafta go back & re-read that big grin

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.