Transgender widow of a Texas fire fighter denied her inheritance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8150010

This is a hot topic in Texas (my home) right now.

Basically, this fire fighter married a woman who was, in fact, born a man who underwent sexual reassignment. When killed in a fire fight, the will of the fireman stated that he wanted his life insurance benefits to go to his two children and wife, her being the main benefactor.

The family of the fallen fire fighter contested in court for a long time that the marriage isn't valid since Nikki was not born a woman, ergo the marriage is not valid., and neither is the will.

The courts ruled in favor of the family of the fallen fire fighter.

My question is this: What f*cking difference does it make? Thomas Araguz stated in his will that he wanted the money to go to his children and wife. Why would the family contest such a ruling other than petty greed? It seems sickening to me.

The Dark Cloud
Kinda like the Anna Nicole Smith case (also in Texas) where the deceased specified where he wanted his money to go and it was successfully challenged by the family. The courts often make the laws in this country.

Impediment
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Kinda like the Anna Nicole Smith case (also in Texas) where the deceased specified where he wanted his money to go and it was successfully challenged by the family.

Personally, I was kind of on the contesting family's side in that case. Anna Nicole Smith was a gold digging, money grubbing ho bag who, in my opinion, didn't deserve shit.

However, for all I know, Nikki Araguz, too, could be like ANS, but I still think that it's wrong for the family to take away from her and the kids.

Impediment
Waitamin............

I just read that Nikki is getting her own TV show.

Yeah, she's a money grubber, too.

Omega Vision
On a purely legal level the family's argument is horseshit.

But then again horseshit is big in those parts.

Impediment
Originally posted by Omega Vision
On a purely legal level the family's argument is horseshit.

But then again horseshit is big in those parts.

What would you expect from the birth place of George W. Bush?

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Impediment
What would you expect from the birth place of George W. Bush?

laughing out loud
I don't know. He was born in Connecticut.

Rogue Jedi
sexual reassignment haermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.