Heralds versus Validus, Shaggy Man, Destroyer, and Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
PC Validus
Shaggy Man
Destroyer Armor (Thor)
Classic Juggernaut

Pick a team of any number of herald class characters with the intent to use as little of them as possible to beat this team. No BFR, but incapacitation or immobilization would count for a win. How many heralds does it take to beat them for a majority and which heralds are best suited for this task? No duplicates of the same character.

zopzop
NO herald level being is doing jack s--t vs Thor in Destroyer Armor. Not even a group of them.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
PC Validus
Shaggy Man
Destroyer Armor (Thor)
Classic Juggernaut

Pick a team of any number of herald class characters with the intent to use as little of them as possible to beat this team. No BFR. How many heralds does it take to beat them for a majority and which heralds are best suited for this task? No duplicates of the same character.

I don't think any heralds can really take them down. You need someone like Thanos, HP Doomsday etc, Zeus etc. These guys you have listed are hardcore

BullwinkleMoose
4 Swamp Things could do it since he is on the list of Heralds on this site.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I don't think any heralds can really take them down. You need someone like Thanos, HP Doomsday etc, Zeus etc. These guys you have listed are hardcore

There's no limit to how many heralds you could throw at them.

Hell, technically, someone could throw the entire Green Lantern Corps at them, minus the Guardians and Ion and the like, if they felt that is what it would take.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There's no limit to how many heralds you could throw at them.

Hell, technically, someone could throw the entire Green Lantern Corps at them, minus the Guardians and Ion and the like, if they felt that is what it would take.

Still wont' do jack vs Destroyer Armor.

BullwinkleMoose
Swamp Thing can beat the Destroyer Armor

JakeTheBank
Swamp Thing isn't a herald, either.

BullwinkleMoose
Swamp Thing is listed as a Mid Herald on the Tier Listings on this site

JakeTheBank
Which is incorrect.

BullwinkleMoose
Yeah but until he gets moved I would think he is technically a mid herald as far as threads go. Otherwise the tier rankings are pointless if we do not use them

JakeTheBank
They're used for a general reference for the most part, and even then, some of the rankings are outdated as well as just being misplaced. Moderators have said as much as well. It's not a strict list to go by in any case. For example, in most tournaments in the Battlezone with a Mid Herald cap, there's no way in hell you'd be able to draft Swamp Thing as a mass majority of people correctly believe him to be above that.

Harbinger
Would matter manip even work on these guys? If so, I'd say that you could throw out a bunch of cannon fodder (high end HHs like Hal, Supes, etc) to distract while guys like Firestorm/Captain Atom/Sersi incapacitated the four. Problem is, a lot of the herald tier is going to get straight up one shotted, especially since you threw in PC Validus.

JakeTheBank
I think someone like Black Alice would be extremely helpful, for one.

ares834
Originally posted by zopzop
NO herald level being is doing jack s--t vs Thor in Destroyer Armor. Not even a group of them.

While Thor in the armor is deadly, Validus is the real problem. The guy can probably one shot any herald.

cdtm
Originally posted by ares834
While Thor in the armor is deadly, Validus is the real problem. The guy can probably one shot any herald.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe the entire GLC could take him. Maybe.

I mean, they did subdue a sentient sector.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.