GL (Hal) vs Classic Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Hal has blue ring back-up, Battle takes place in space.

Who wins?

Batman-Prime
Without the Blue Ring I would give Hal 4-5/10 against Thor, the Blue Ring should give him a clear split, as such a fight would be decided before the Green Ring could run out of mojo.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

JakeTheBank
The blue ring hampers Hal's concentration due to the static, which is something most people wind up neglecting to mention or remember.

Even so, Classic Thor's energy manipulation/absorbing feats as well as his physical prowess makes him a bad match up for a Green Lantern.

cdtm
Good match. I'd say split, or slight advantage to Thor.

zeel
cant see any green lanter beating thor. they are esentially a battery, and batteries can be drained.

Prep-Man
hal can resist energy drain which he has shown in the past. i say split. a top tier gl can certainly go toe to toe with thor.

lawest9
Hal is like the 'Captain Kirk' of the GL Corps, He'll find a way to split or take a slight advantage despite Thor's power edge!

Newjak
I've always thought that Thor is a nightmare match-up for GLs.

He has the physical abilities which seem to make GLs cry.

He has the energy manip skills to counter their main abilities pretty well.

I'd give Thor 8/10 against Hal.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Newjak
I've always thought that Thor is a nightmare match-up for GLs.

He has the physical abilities which seem to make GLs cry.

He has the energy manip skills to counter their main abilities pretty well.

I'd give Thor 8/10 against Hal.

This. mjolnir is a hilariously powerful energy sponge. Nothing Hal can throw at it is capable of overloading it. (remember Thor absorbed the entire output of a galaxy wrecking bomb with that hammer.)

Any attack or construct hal can make will be instantly absorbed and possibly redirected back at him magnified several times over.

And that's before we take into account that Thor sans the hammer is a massive brick. Classic Thor detonated nukes next to himself to "test his strength" and hung out in the core of the sun just because he could. We've seen him go toe to toe with Zeus for months without a break. Hal doesn't have that kind of stamina.

I can't think of any feasible way Hal can deal with Thor and come out on top to be brutally honest.

Thor 10/10 here.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by lawest9
Hal is like the 'Captain Kirk' of the GL Corps, He'll find a way to split or take a slight advantage despite Thor's power edge!

Haha! Never looked at it like that.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by lawest9

Which is exactly why I thought chris pine from star trek would have been a great casting choice to play Hal in the movie.

lawest9
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Which is exactly why I thought chris pine from star trek would have been a great casting choice to play Hal in the movie. (c:

Digi
Thor 9/10. He's horrible for GLs in terms of power set matchup.

Prep-Man
Hal has faced similar threats in energy drainage, yet he still prevails. The ring is a very resilient weapon in that it can adapt to those types of attacks. Kyle also has similar feats as well.

Newjak
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hal has faced similar threats in energy drainage, yet he still prevails. The ring is a very resilient weapon in that it can adapt to those types of attacks. Kyle also has similar feats as well. Its not jsut the energy manip.

It's the physical power Thor has as well. I've seen GLs struggle with vastly physical characters enough now to feel that would be a distinct advantage to Thor. One they could still overcome but not with the energy manip also.

And they don't have the powerset to take advantage of Thor's which is namely speed.

Just a bad match up all around.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Newjak Its not jsut the energy manip. It's the physical power Thor has as well. I've seen GLs struggle with vastly physical characters enough now to feel that would be a distinct advantage to Thor. One they could still overcome but not with the energy manip also. And they don't have the powerset to take advantage of Thor's which is namely speed. Just a bad match up all around.

hal has actually done well against bricks like superman. pre johns hal has battled malivo and was punched through a planet. physical opponents usually lose to a top tier gl.

ColossusGrundy
Hal 10/10 against Thor, in spite of the thor fanboyism here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Hal 10/10 against Thor, in spite of the thor fanboyism here.

Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.