Darth Maul runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MindTricker
Darth Maul is a character I've always been kinda curious about, specially for the fact that he lost his duel to Obi-Wan on TPM because he got overconfident (correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know), but was able to take Jinn without much problem.

Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys think about him, specially the ones who read the books he was in.

He gets a full rest between each duel, and just for the sake of 'picturing' the duel better, it happens at the middle of the Geonosis Arena, they're on their primes unless stated otherwise.

1) AotC Anakin
2) AotC Obi-Wan
3) Kit-Fisto
4) Plo-Koon
5) TPM Qui-Gon & AotC Obi-Wan
6) General Grievous (& 2 Magnaguards?)

Jinsoku Takai
I think he has a legitimate shot at clearing the gauntlet given the opposition and the fact that he has full rest between each duel (which kind of goes against the entire gauntlety philosophy)

RE: Blaxican
He dies against Kit Fisto.

JediMaster97
He dies at 2.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
He dies against Kit Fisto.

Not taking the ABC route, but really? No doubt that Fisto would prove formidable, but he was also almost killed by Ventress in a saber duel. With that in mind, I think he would have more than he could handle (more often than not) against Darth Maul.

While it's certainly possible that he would fall at 3, he has a good chance of clearing the gauntlet as well.

Galan007
Sans some sort of 'teh uber' force attack (of which Maul never really displayed in battle) I don't see him beating Grievous AND 2 Magnaguards.

Black bolt z
Stops at 2

Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Not taking the ABC route, but really? No doubt that Fisto would prove formidable, but he was also almost killed by Ventress in a saber duel.

Ventress is more skilled than Maul in every way conceivable, and would kill him in a fight.

If Greivous' 20 strikes per second (or is it 12? Someone needs to get some standards on this shit) is literally nothing more than a nuisance to Kit, Maul isn't getting past his defenses. Ever.

Galan007
In all fairness, Grievous wasn't utilizing "20 strikes/second" against Kit. You point regarding Kit's defenses still stands, though.

Naga Sado
1) AotC Anakin<MAUL
2) AotC Obi-Wan>MAUL
3) Kit-Fisto>MAUL
4) Plo-Koon >MAUL
5) TPM Qui-Gon & AotC Obi-Wan>MAUL
6) General Grievous (& 2 Magnaguards>Maul(with or without gaurds)

Stealth Moose
I think Maul has a good chance to potentially defeat everyone on the list, with only Grievous being difficult (especially if he has friends, the hacker). I mean, Maul was ridiculously badass and...

Wait a minute. Is that Plo Koon?!

**** that. Plo Koon solos Maul's gauntlet and then some.

Naga Sado
Or roll eyes (sarcastic) iginally posted by Stealth Moose
I think Maul has a good chance to potentially defeat everyone on th roll eyes (sarcastic) e l :rolleye roll eyes (sarcastic) s: ist, wit roll eyes (sarcastic) h only Grievous being difficult (especially if he has friends, the hac roll eyes (sarcastic) ker). I me roll eyes (sarcastic) an roll eyes (sarcastic) , Maul was ridiculously badass and...

Wait a minute. Is that Plo Koon?!

**** that. Plo Koon solos Maul's gauntlet and then some. Another fanboy?JEEZ!!!Getting cut in two is not "badass" on mauls part.Even sid. knew he would amount to truly nothing.he is killed so easly by vader!if everyone on the list was at there peak(pre-suited-vader) maul would be at the bottom!
THIS IS WHY I HATE WHEN FANBOYS DONT KNOW WHEN TO QUITE!!ATLEAST PICK SOMEONE WHO NO ONE COULD DEFEAT ON THIER OWN LIKE NAGA,FREDDON,OR TULAK!!
NOT SUCKY PADAWON KILLED MAUL!!!

Nephthys
Padawan has 3 A's in it.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Naga Sado
Another fanboy?JEEZ!!!Getting cut in two is not "badass" on mauls part.Even sid. knew he would amount to truly nothing.he is killed so easly by vader!if everyone on the list was at there peak(pre-suited-vader) maul would be at the bottom!
THIS IS WHY I HATE WHEN FANBOYS DONT KNOW WHEN TO QUITE!!ATLEAST PICK SOMEONE WHO NO ONE COULD DEFEAT ON THIER OWN LIKE NAGA,FREDDON,OR TULAK!!
NOT SUCKY PADAWON KILLED MAUL!!!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/ROFLMAO.jpg

MindTricker
the fact that he has full rest between each duel (which kind of goes against the entire gauntlety philosophy)

Oops, my bad.

I thought most of these fights would be pretty close (to Maul or whoever wins), but I don't know much about Kit and Plo.

Stealth Moose
Plo Koon can freeze creeks. Maul has no chance.

Originally posted by Galan007
In all fairness, Grievous wasn't utilizing "20 strikes/second" against Kit. You point regarding Kit's defenses still stands, though. Was that stated somewhere or did you count? 313

DARTH POWER
Ventress is more skilled than Maul in every way conceivable, and would kill him in a fight.

Urmmm... NO!

Clearly the Great Sith Lord Darth Maul gets no respect around here.

Only those who are deserving of respect receive it, Padawan.

Q99
I think he has a legitimate shot at clearing the gauntlet given the opposition and the fact that he has full rest between each duel (which kind of goes against the entire gauntlety philosophy)

Sometimes you just want to see where someone rates against a list of foes smile As long as the foe's strength goes up, then a with-rest gauntlet is ok.

DARTH POWER
Only those who are deserving of respect receive it, Padawan.

The Bad Ass of Episode I deserves it, Youngling stick out tongue

Naga Sado
Originally posted by Nephthys
Padawan has 3 A's in it. sorry

Naga Sado
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Urmmm... NO!

Clearly the Great Sith Lord Darth Maul gets no respect around here.

DARTH POWER
^ "The Great Sith Lord Darth Maul" - I was using Count Dooku's description of Maul from the CW episode "Monster".

I doubt using that quote or disagreeing that Ventress has Maul (an actual Sith Lord and not a wanabe like Ventress) outclassed in every single way really deserves a Double facepalm.

Lineael
Full rest? So he really has some chance do do it smile
1) AotC Anakin.... it would be a little hard... Anakin's skills in lightsaber were probably above Obi-Wan's ( Anakin looks like harder opponent for Dooku in lighstaber), but Mauls is still better.
2) AotC Obi-Wan - Maul Wins
3) Kit Fisto - Maul wins. Yeah yeah, right - Fisto won with Grievous!!! But he lost to Ventress (she was already beaten by Anakin about 3 times...), and Maul was a far better then she.... he already defeat Qui-Gon, Anoon Bondara (who was probably at Koon and Fisto lvl) and it wasn't so hard for him -.-
4) Plo Koon - he lost, just like Fisto
5) In my opinion he dies here... In geonosis he can't separate them from each other, and he lost vs two masters in 2v1 match...
6) If he didn't die at 5., he can do it... TCW showing that Grievous wasn't that good, like we always thinking...(+ he probably can destroys magnaguards with the force, like Obi-Wan in RotS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.