Please keep this in mind as they try to demonise organic food

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
http://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/June20112/monshop_dees.jpg

The e.coli outbreak in Germany is raising alarm worldwide as scientists are now describing this particular strain of e.coli as "extremely aggressive and toxic." Even worse, the strain is resistant to antibiotics, making it one of the world's first widespread superbug food infections that's racking up a noticeable body count while sickening thousands.

Of course, virtually every report you'll read on this in the mainstream media has the facts wrong. This isn't about cucumbers being dangerous, because e.coli does not grow on cucumbers. E.coli is an intestinal strain of bacteria that only grows inside the guts of animals (and people). Thus, the source of all this e.coli is ANIMAL, not vegetable.

But the media won't admit that. Because the whole agenda here is to kill your vegetables but protect the atrocious practices of the factory animal meat industries. The FDA, in particular, loves all these outbreaks because it gives them more moral authority to clamp down on gardens and farms. They've been trying to irradiate and fumigate fresh veggies in the USA for years.'

- NaturalNews.com

jaden101
Never read such utter lies in my life. e.coli is documented as growing in water and not just animal intestines. then there's the fact that none of the news reports are saying that it's just growing on cucumbers. they're saying it could be how they are treated in salad processing. in other words from a contaminated water source. honestly. spouting ignorance is just as dangerous as trying to cover up a problem.

ADarksideJedi
freaky!

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by jaden101
Never read such utter lies in my life. e.coli is documented as growing in water and not just animal intestines. then there's the fact that none of the news reports are saying that it's just growing on cucumbers. they're saying it could be how they are treated in salad processing. in other words from a contaminated water source. honestly. spouting ignorance is just as dangerous as trying to cover up a problem. Your response to this, Deano?

Deja~vu
e-coli is only from animal droppings and yes it is used in many ways and yes it can get into the water system. Here in MI we have e-coli alerts in some areas of the Great Lakes. They test levels every day. I won't swim in some though because if the levels were bad yesterday and now today are acceptable, why would I want to take a chance....I swim in the northern beaches (inland) that aren't polluted. We have a large number of protected Canadian Geese that are f@cking up our lakes and beaches and we can't shoot and eat them? They are just everywhere! Idiot politicians screwing up our water with those damn geese.

However, just wash your produce as I do. I always eat organic.

Digi
The picture is also misleading. Aspartame is one of the most highly tested additives on the market because of the "controversy" surrounding it, and not only is it safe, but it's more provably safe than hundreds of other additives that we eat without thinking.

Bardock42
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Your response to this, Deano?

He doesn't have to respond, since he never stated anything, he just quoted someone else's opinion.

Deja~vu
Also, I won't eat irradiated food. It kills the enzymes in them. If you don't get your enzymes from your fresh fruits and veggies then your pancreas has to do too much work and that's where a lot of health issues come from.

Ta Daaa. Health lesson of the day. lol

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Also, I won't eat irradiated food. It kills the enzymes in them. If you don't get your enzymes from your fresh fruits and veggies then your pancreas has to do too much work and that's where a lot of health issues come from.

Ta Daaa. Health lesson of the day. lol

Nope that's not true either. All the enzymes you need to digest things are already in your body.

Grate the Vraya
I'll eat any food as long as Monsanto and its connections aren't the ones selling it.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nope that's not true either. All the enzymes you need to digest things are already in your body. Sorry but you're wrong. You over work your body and put stress on your systems. You could develop disease faster in some cases. Well, depending on your immune system and genes. Enjoy your colon cancer. lol amongst other things. lol

Symmetric Chaos
Sorry but you're wrong. You over work your body and put stress on your systems. You could develop disease faster in some cases. Well, depending on your immune system and genes. Enjoy your colon cancer. lol amongst other things. lol

lol, no, fact your body doesn't work that way. Try learning biology from people that know anything at all about biology, lol.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bardock42
He doesn't have to respond, since he never stated anything, he just quoted someone else's opinion. Deano? Never!

RE: Blaxican
He doesn't have to respond, since he never stated anything, he just quoted someone else's opinion. I don't believe that. Surely if the content above was not his own, Deano would provide some kind of bibliography, or link to the original source?

Bardock42
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I don't believe that. Surely if the content above was not his own, Deano would provide some kind of bibliography, or link to the original source?

He even kinda did this time:

Originally posted by Deano

- NaturalNews.com

With some digging you actually find the real source: http://www.naturalnews.com/032590_ecoli_superbugs.html

Mind you, that source is about as good as putting "- The Internet" as source. no expression

I assume Deano got it from the David Icke newsletter

Bicnarok

dadudemon
I don't get the hate on food that has been sanitized by radiation.

Santizing your food by radiation is not "irradiated food." That's two completely different things. I feel that people are playing too much Fallout III and New Vegas. no expression

Also, I lol'd at Symmetric Chaos' convo with Deja~Vu. So brutal, dude. laughing

Robtard
Wash your vegetables and fruits well, buy from small local farms or farmer's markets if you're able. If the veggies/fruits you buy look like plastic and/or have little to no taste, you probably shouldn't eat them. Pretty simple.

Deja~vu
lol, no, fact your body doesn't work that way. Try learning biology from people that know anything at all about biology, lol. I read books. I'm in the know. That's how your body works, dude. laughing out loud

Why do you think there are live enzymes in plants, why? Because we need them. Eating cooked meat/foods kills them, hence clogged up body systems, artery disease, colon cancer and crap.

Go eat some raw meat

Bardock42
Why do you think there are live enzymes in plants, why? Because we need them.

T-that seems backwards....

Impediment
Only selfish people who have the luxury to actually eat food and have not experienced famine have the ability to whine and b|tch about "modified" foods.

It's so sad to me.

Liberator
Originally posted by Digi
The picture is also misleading. Aspartame is one of the most highly tested additives on the market because of the "controversy" surrounding it, and not only is it safe, but it's more provably safe than hundreds of other additives that we eat without thinking.

Yeah but MSG, milk from cows with growth hormones, and coca cola certainly aren't very healthy for you.

In fact, I can't imagine many additives in foods to be healthy for you at all. Aspartame is not natural thats why theres so much controversy surrounding it. Let's be honest with ourselves here, the food industry has had its fair share of "safe" additions to their products.

Grate the Vraya
I've heard aspartame causes cancer, but I never researched it. Does anyone really know how healthy it is? I mean it's only been in existence for, like 20 years, right? How could we really know its long term effects?

Deja~vu
I have read some studies awhile ago stating that it wasn't healthy for you or at least in large amounts. MSG is definitely not good for you. It's an excitotoxin. I read a book about it. Screws with your brain chemistry.

King Kandy
Why do you think there are live enzymes in plants, why?
Because the plant uses them to live?

MSG is fine for you. I have seen zero substantiation of the claim that it hurts people who aren't allergic...

Deja~vu
Natural MSG is ok, but synthesized the way we use it isn't good for you. There's a lot that has been written about it Why do you think the packaging labeling is always changing it's names? To cover up the fact that people don't want MSG. It goes by many names on packaging labels.

And yes, we do need enzymes. lol I will not back off on that.

the ninjak
The whole American corn reformation under the Bush Administration scared the hell out of me.

Hundreds of farmers forced to turn their farm crops into materials for syrup for Coke and other artificial goods manufacturers. In the name of profit. Or die.

So many farms and if you walked into one of these plantations you wouldn't be able to eat the beautiful corn for it would taste like saw dust in your mouth.

King Kandy
Natural MSG is ok, but synthesized the way we use it isn't good for you. There's a lot that has been written about it Why do you think the packaging labeling is always changing it's names? To cover up the fact that people don't want MSG. It goes by many names on packaging labels.

And yes, we do need enzymes. lol I will not back off on that.
MSG is a specific chemical; what does it matter if its synthesized or not? Either way you are getting the exact same thing delivered... this demonstrates a very flawed concept of chemistry.

It changes its name because people are scared shitless by "chemical sounding" names. Due to their own lack of education.

Proof?

Deja~vu
Hmmm, maybe you should do some research on it. lol

Deja~vu
http://www.haciendapub.com/excito.html

Written by: Russell L. Blaylock, M.D
board-certified neurosurgeon, clinical assistant professor at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and President of the Mississippi Chapter of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS).

Explains MSG and Aspartame. They destroy neurons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity Many things are written about it and I read a super long book explaining it.

There are a growing number of Clinicians and Scientists who are convinced that excitotoxins play a critical role in the development of several neurological disorders, including migraines, seizures, infections, abnormal neural development, certain endocrine disorders, specific types of obesity, and especially the neurodegenerative diseases; a group of diseases which includes: ALS, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease, and olivopontocerebellar degeneration.

This rest of the article is below and it has some great information about what it does to your neurons and why alzheimer's is increasing.

http://www.joyfulaging.com/Excitotoxins.htm

Grate the Vraya
Are you studying to be a nutritional advisor or something? You seem pretty well-versed in this shit.

Deja~vu
Yes I am very into that amonst other things that I find of interest. smile

I'm a Researcher, Paralegal and now taking medical classes...

Grate the Vraya
Yes I am very into that amonst other things that I find of interest. smile

I'm a Researcher, Paralegal and now taking medical classes... Tht's hawt <.<

Deja~vu
flower_girl lol

Grate the Vraya
xD

Deja~vu
http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/newsletter/newsletter0011.html

ENZYME FACTS:

All fresh and raw foods have naturally-occurring enzymes.

Cooking food can destroy up to 85 percent of the original nutrients, and it destroys 100 percent of the enzymes in that food.

If you eat food with NO enzymes in it, your body must produce ALL the enzymes required to digest that food.

If you continually eat the same foods every day, your body becomes depleted in the enzymes required to digest that particular food. This creates "allergy" to that food.

Our bodies are not designed with the ability to create enough enzymes to process (digest) a diet consisting of mostly cooked foods.

Undigested foods create toxins in our body, lowering our pH balance to an acidic state.

Undigestable foods (due to lack of enzymes) are the largest contributing factor to asthmatic conditions.

Many hormonal functions (and hormonal balances) are affected by your body's pH balance. Lack of the specific digestive enzymes necessary to process your "chosen" diet can throw your hormones "out-of-whack".

By eating foods with their enzymes intact (fresh and raw) and by supplementing cooked foods with enzyme capsules, we can help slow abnormal and pathological aging processes.

Enzymes are destroyed by heating to as low as 118ºF. When we continually cook our foods, we deprive our bodies of the enzymes in the food which provide digestion. This shortfall is made up by the pancreas which has limited ability to produce enzymes as well as to perform the other functions, such as providing insulin and playing a major role in the operation of our immune system. Our bodies can accommodate an occasional cooked food, but when we continually destroy enzymes by cooking, the pancreas will double in size in an attempt to keep up with the demand and then it simply quits from exhaustion.

When this happens, the body, in trying to do the best it can with what it has, opens the pores of the gut and passes incompletely digested food into the blood stream. Two important things occur as a result. The body builds imperfect cells from imperfectly digested food, and the body doesn’t recognize the large particles as food, but as invading foreign particles, and raises antibodies to fight them. The body actually fights the food that we eat. This fight can result in many physical symptoms such as irregular heart beat, ringing in the ears, itchy skin, irritability, and on and on. Every system in our body can be effected.

Not the best link on emzymes, but I did it as a quicky..lol But you can get the idea there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grate the Vraya
I've heard aspartame causes cancer, but I never researched it. Does anyone really know how healthy it is? I mean it's only been in existence for, like 20 years, right? How could we really know its long term effects?

More is known about aspartame than anything else you could possibly put into your body with the possible exception of water. It's not a matter of how long it's been around for, it's a matter of how much people have done actual studies of it. Because of the hysteria around it there have been ridiculous numbers of studies.

As for Russell Blaylock his work is almost entirely self published (ie no one has gone through a checked that there aren't massive errors in it) and rejected by everyone else that knows anything about the subject. He's also a fan of Ludwig von Mises so we know that facts don't mean anything to him.

Symmetric Chaos

ENZYME FACTS:

Cooking food can destroy up to 85 percent of the original nutrients, and it destroys 100 percent of the enzymes in that food.

If you eat food with NO enzymes in it, your body must produce ALL the enzymes required to digest that food.

If you continually eat the same foods every day, your body becomes depleted in the enzymes required to digest that particular food. This creates "allergy" to that food.

Our bodies are not designed with the ability to create enough enzymes to process (digest) a diet consisting of mostly cooked foods.

Undigested foods create toxins in our body, lowering our pH balance to an acidic state.

Undigestable foods (due to lack of enzymes) are the largest contributing factor to asthmatic conditions.

Many hormonal functions (and hormonal balances) are affected by your body's pH balance. Lack of the specific digestive enzymes necessary to process your "chosen" diet can throw your hormones "out-of-whack".

By eating foods with their enzymes intact (fresh and raw) and by supplementing cooked foods with enzyme capsules, we can help slow abnormal and pathological aging processes.

Not the best link on emzymes, but I did it as a quicky..lol But you can get the idea there.

Quotes from Edward Howell the man who believe "enzymes" are a mystical life force, built his concept of biology on discredited work from the 20s and 30s, thought that digestion happened in the mouth, and advises people to search for the magic life enzymes using Kirilian photography.

Yes, this site seems like it uses credible sources.

inimalist
pub med isn't entirely flattering of aspartame

Deja~vu
Everyone gets pay offs for sabataging studies, you know. It's all about money. Can't even trust the medical or scientific studies anymore it seems.

Symmetric Chaos
Why do you think there are live enzymes in plants, why?

According to your source Howell it's because all living things need a supply of magical life chemicals in order to maintain their mystic aura.

If we go look at real since its because plants use them to make more efficient use of the nutrients they take in, just like humans do. They are a catalyst, simply they allow a reaction to occur more quickly or with less energy input.

We can't use plant enzymes. Go look at a cutaway of the human body. See those organs in there? Yeah, those exist primarily to isolate different kind of enzymes in conditions where they actually work. There's no plant living in your intestinal tract to make use of planet enzymes.

We can't "run out" of enzymes like Howeel thinks. Our bodies produce them (were do you think they come from in the first place?) and they aren't consumed in reactions (that's what makes them catalysts).

Go eat some raw meat

Go die of e-coli . . .

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
pub med isn't entirely flattering of aspartame

No, not flatting but it's not like drinking a coke once in a while is going to kill you.

Symmetric Chaos
Everyone gets pay offs for sabataging studies, you know. It's all about money. Can't even trust the medical or scientific studies anymore it seems.

I take it that you've now run out of even purely made up "science".

Deja~vu
You can't take now can you? lol You told me to go eat e-coli....how horrible, you're going to hell, the imaginary place now.

After you die of colon caner and hear disease, I'll visit with a carrot. lolol

Grate the Vraya
More is known about aspartame than anything else you could possibly put into your body with the possible exception of water. It's not a matter of how long it's been around for, it's a matter of how much people have done actual studies of it. Because of the hysteria around it there have been ridiculous numbers of studies.

As for Russell Blaylock his work is almost entirely self published (ie no one has gone through a checked that there aren't massive errors in it) and rejected by everyone else that knows anything about the subject. He's also a fan of Ludwig von Mises so we know that facts don't mean anything to him. But still, how can we absolutely be sure of its long-term effects?

Deja~vu
But still, how can we absolutely be sure of its long-term effects? Exactly. I builds up in your cells and after years of eating artificial things, what do you think is going to happen. It's artificial.

besides that, you are depleting you own bodies ability to create its own enzymes. It's as simple as can be.

inimalist
No, not flatting but it's not like drinking a coke once in a while is going to kill you.

actually, one of my biggest pet peeves is when the servers at coffee places try to inform me about how bad aspartame is in my coffee.

considering I'm a diabetic and all... smile

Symmetric Chaos
actually, one of my biggest pet peeves is when the servers at coffee places try to inform me about how bad aspartame is in my coffee.

You're not thinking about the colon cancer!

But still, how can we absolutely be sure of its long-term effects?

You can't be "absolutely sure" of anything but you can be sure enough to bet your life on it. IIRC they test by using massive doses on small animals. Or look at it this way, everything you eat could be slowly killing you but aspartame is the only one with mountains of evidence showing that it isn't. Its the same safety standards as the rest of your food, times a thousand.

inimalist

no, I'm most certainly not

King Kandy

ENZYME FACTS:

Enzymes are destroyed by heating to as low as 118ºF. When we continually cook our foods, we deprive our bodies of the enzymes in the food which provide digestion. This shortfall is made up by the pancreas which has limited ability to produce enzymes as well as to perform the other functions, such as providing insulin and playing a major role in the operation of our immune system. Our bodies can accommodate an occasional cooked food, but when we continually destroy enzymes by cooking, the pancreas will double in size in an attempt to keep up with the demand and then it simply quits from exhaustion.

When this happens, the body, in trying to do the best it can with what it has, opens the pores of the gut and passes incompletely digested food into the blood stream. Two important things occur as a result. The body builds imperfect cells from imperfectly digested food, and the body doesn’t recognize the large particles as food, but as invading foreign particles, and raises antibodies to fight them. The body actually fights the food that we eat. This fight can result in many physical symptoms such as irregular heart beat, ringing in the ears, itchy skin, irritability, and on and on. Every system in our body can be effected.

I don't see any actual evidence... just repeating the claims you already made, and equally unsupported as your original post.

Deja~vu
I told you it was a quicky link. I was in a hurry.

King Kandy
I told you it was a quicky link. I was in a hurry.
OK. So now is this the part where, having more time, you will provide something better?

Deja~vu
Sure will smile

Another quicky from the Mayo Clinic states:

Elevated liver enzymes may indicate inflammation or damage to cells in the liver. Inflamed or injured liver cells leak higher than normal amounts of certain chemicals, including liver enzymes, into the bloodstream, which can result in elevated liver enzymes on blood tests.

The specific elevated liver enzymes most commonly found are:

Alanine transaminase (ALT)
Aspartate transaminase (AST)
Elevated liver enzymes may be discovered during routine blood testing. In most cases, liver enzyme levels are only mildly and temporarily elevated. Most of the time, elevated liver enzymes don't signal a chronic, serious liver problem.

off to bed, will look more tomorrow. But this mentions Aspartate

King Kandy
What does that have to do with needing enzymes in your diet?

Bardock42

Man, take a sugar-chill pill and get over it!!!

Deja~vu
Originally posted by King Kandy
What does that have to do with needing enzymes in your diet? laughing out loud Shouldn't have taken that Xanax before bed. lol

Has nothing to do with it. lol

Grate the Vraya

You can't be "absolutely sure" of anything but you can be sure enough to bet your life on it. IIRC they test by using massive doses on small animals. Or look at it this way, everything you eat could be slowly killing you but aspartame is the only one with mountains of evidence showing that it isn't. Its the same safety standards as the rest of your food, times a thousand. Awesome!

inimalist
Man, take a sugar-chill pill and get over it!!!

an aspartame chill-pill maybe

Deja~vu
More on Enzymes

Dr. Day is an internationally acclaimed orthopedic trauma surgeon and best selling author who was for 15 years on the faculty of the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine as Associate Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics. She was also Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at San Francisco General Hospital and is recognized world-wide as an AIDS expert. In addition, as Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at San Francisco General Hospital, one of the premier trauma hospitals in the country, she ran the equivalent of a M.A.S.H. unit for many years. For the past 20-25 years, she has been invited to lecture to doctors at numerous University medical schools including Vanderbilt, Baylor, Cincinnati, Tufts, South Carolina, Iowa, USC, Minnesota and countless medical societies throughout the U.S. including the Massachusetts Medical Society, as well as other medical organizations around the world, including the Royal Society of Medicine in London

There are many books written on the subject that you just need more raw food in your diet or else. I can find other links, but for now and since I've read many of her books myself and she is well established in the Medical community, I'll start with her.

Most doctors aren't trained much in prevention, but a lackeys for the pharmaceutical companies because that's where the money is. How could they make money if we all stayed well?

http://www.drday.com/tumor.htm#rumors smile

She is a Christian so I hope that doesn't bother anybody.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/testimonials.htm

Bardock42

Actually, that offends me greatly.

Deja~vu
Actually, that offends me greatly.

laughing out loud

Just read what she's trying to say and pretend she is an atheist.

King Kandy
More on Enzymes

Dr. Day is an internationally acclaimed orthopedic trauma surgeon and best selling author who was for 15 years on the faculty of the University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine as Associate Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics. She was also Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at San Francisco General Hospital and is recognized world-wide as an AIDS expert. In addition, as Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at San Francisco General Hospital, one of the premier trauma hospitals in the country, she ran the equivalent of a M.A.S.H. unit for many years. For the past 20-25 years, she has been invited to lecture to doctors at numerous University medical schools including Vanderbilt, Baylor, Cincinnati, Tufts, South Carolina, Iowa, USC, Minnesota and countless medical societies throughout the U.S. including the Massachusetts Medical Society, as well as other medical organizations around the world, including the Royal Society of Medicine in London

There are many books written on the subject that you just need more raw food in your diet or else. I can find other links, but for now and since I've read many of her books myself and she is well established in the Medical community, I'll start with her.

Most doctors aren't trained much in prevention, but a lackeys for the pharmaceutical companies because that's where the money is. How could they make money if we all stayed well?

http://www.drday.com/tumor.htm#rumors smile

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/testimonials.htm
I looked on the website, but i still find 0 studies supporting either her claims or yours.

Deja~vu
I'm not your secretary. Find your own studies. I've read too much on the subject. I've also volunteered at a clinic where they did use enzymes to cure certain cancers AND CONDITIONS. I also cured a condition that I had in doing this.

People need ENZYMES. As you get older, especially, you need more of them. Enjoy your colon cancer too. lol You're all gonna get it...

Robtard
Enjoy your colon cancer too. lol You're all gonna get it...

Be epic if you got it but the rest of us didn't.

Deja~vu
I'm not going to post all the books in the world on it or list every lecture about it. I'm too busy.

It's simple. Eat healthy food including fruits and veggies just like your mommy told you to. WTF

You did have a mommy, right??? lol...You had one??

King Kandy
I'm not going to post all the books in the world on it or list every lecture about it. I'm too busy.

It's simple. Eat healthy food including fruits and veggies just like your mommy told you to. WTF
I'm not asking you to post all the studies in the world, i'm asking you to post one (1) study. Which evidently, does not actually exist.

Deja~vu
You're just too lazy to look for yourself...

Now you're going to make me do your work for you? What do I get?

King Kandy
Um, you're the one who posted this in the first place... how is it my job to prove your own points for you? If you aren't prepared to stand by the things you say, you might as well not bother posting here.

Deja~vu
^^ You're starting to annoy me, thank god I had a V-8. lol

http://www.iowasource.com/food/lenkastudy_0806.html

http://www.rawfoodnetwork.com/clinicalstudiesandfinding.html

Now I'm not telling everyone to go nuts and only eat raw foods, all I'm saying is that it's good for you to stay more healthy

King Kandy
ctrl+F "Enzyme" = no result.

Symmetric Chaos
More on Enzymes

But see none of these credentials matter since she herself has rejected all of them an unholy. Her work isn't based on science (or evidence or facts) she says god handed the knowledge to her. She's also a fan of oddly easy to disprove claims like saying that medicine has never cured anyone of cancer (maybe all those tumors we've physically taken out of people were lies from the devil?) and milk damages your bones.

Have you considered finding sources that aren't a) spouting obvious bullshit and b) clearly insane?

Robtard
http://www.iowasource.com/food/lenkastudy_0806.html

A "raw diet" is fine and all if you're lucky enough to live in certain countries. But advising some Ugandan to eat "raw" will likely end up killing them, cooking = dead harmful parasites/bacteria.

Though personally from my own experience, the vast majority of vegans and vegetarians I've met were either underweight or overweight, both not ideal situations.

Deja~vu
But see none of these credentials matter since she herself has rejected all of them an unholy. Her work isn't based on science (or evidence or facts) she says god handed the knowledge to her. She's also a fan of oddly easy to disprove claims like saying that medicine has never cured anyone of cancer (maybe all those tumors we've physically taken out of people were lies from the devil?) and milk damages your bones.

Have you considered finding sources that aren't a) spouting obvious bullshit and b) clearly insane? Well, I have read many books, especially nutritional, health and medical books and they quote studies in them Unfortunately they are packed away until I move.

All I can do here is try to find links. erm

Deja~vu
Like I said:

Symmetric Chaos
Well, I have read many books, especially nutritional, health and medical books and they quote studies in them Unfortunately they are packed away until I move.

All I can do here is try to find links. erm

Can you remember the name of one person you read who wasn't (I'll make this really easy) COMPLETELY INSANE? Alternately the name of one person who even tried to find good evidence that their claims are true.

Symmetric Chaos
Now I'm not telling everyone to go nuts and only eat raw foods, all I'm saying is that it's good for you to stay more healthy

Staying healthy is good but raws foods don't have magic powers or mystic life enzymes in them. Meats happen to be dangerous when eaten raw.

On the other side Skeptoid has a nice podcast (and transcript) on this subject. Dunning provides his citations at the end of the transcript:
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4030

"If you want to eat raw food, by all means, go right ahead. It's healthy and it's delicious. But you can enjoy it without making absurd claims, and you can enjoy it without pointlessly attacking the alternatives. Please be careful that you don't catch E. Coli or salmonella, unless you're one of the people that tries to spread any of the above lies; in which case, don't worry about E. Coli and salmonella. If it's raw it can't hurt you. Eat up."

Deja~vu
Can you remember the name of one person you read who wasn't (I'll make this really easy) COMPLETELY INSANE? Alternately the name of one person who even tried to find good evidence that their claims are true. Give me 6 months once I move and get my books out. It's been over 5 years since I packed them away. Sorry

Oh, and I don't only eat raw food. I eat shellfish, fish, chicken and I love turkey, but I eat my veggies. big grin

I was on a raw food diet when I had a very low hypothyroid problem and did this for a little while and have never had a problem since.

But I"m done making my point.

dadudemon
I don't care much about the argument occurring but I will say this:

Eating the same foods over and over make it EASIER to digest, NOT more difficult. The enzyme "depletion" concept is completely wrong in the most direct way possible. You don't deplete your "enzymes" by eating the same food. The same exact chemicals that break down your food (read: Salivary Amylase, alpha-amylase, Hydrochloric Acid, lipase, pepsin, rennin, and a host of probiotics) can occur in differing ratios as your body adapts to digesting a particular food. That's the exact opposite of that coocoo science. Even the probiotic environment changes to more efficiently digest your food the more you eat it. Your body will make those enzymes regardless of what you eat...as long as you eat food that has nutrional value. Why? Chemistry is quite simple at this point: organic compounds can be broken down and reassembled into just about everything that occurs in our body. Again, why? BECAUSE IT TOOK HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF YEARS to make a machine, like our body, that could do that.

If you do not eat fresh vegetables very often, you will ACTUALLY BECOME SICK if you eat a large helping of vegetables. Your body simply is not prepared to digest a large amount of vegetables and it makes you feel nauseous, gives you gas, could give you heartburn, give you a headache, etc.

The same is true if you eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables: if you eat a large hamburger, you will get sick because your body is not prepared to digest that food.

Try it out: go on a diet and eat a certain type of food or foods for about one month. Eat nothing but burgers, steaks, and beef jerky. (Of course, drink water or soda.) Then, switch your diet to nothing but raw, fresh veggies (make sure to include protein veggies like legumes, beans, etc.) Of course, cook your beans, but you get the point.

Your first meal on the veggies diet will make you sick. For some, it could make you horribly sick and you may vomit. I'm not even kidding.

That should more than prove or shutup the idiots that spout "fresh fruits and veggies for life! SEE! I GOT SICK WHEN I ATE A CHEESEBURGER AFTER 2 YEARS BEING A VEGAN! I TOLD YOU IT WAS BAD FOR YOU!" It's not as simple as that.

Deja~vu
When I ate the straight raw veggie/fruit diet for the first time I was horrible sick for about 3 weeks. I felt I had to quit. I couldn't stand the cramps, and crap and so much pain I was fricking camping and was always running out and was in sooooooooo much pain... But just after that, it all became normal for me. My throid problem was forever gone!! I felt better, I realized that that ws what it took to clean out my colon and systems and getting rid of some toxins...I had my blood testee and was told that I would be on hypothyroid meds my old life. The phlebotomists said that never happens, yet he was surprised. I did it again every month for 4 months and was found to no long need the meds. I had been on them from the age of 15 and for20 years. He said it was impossible to get off those once you are on them...It was sure hell to do that crazy diet, but I do those things just to see if they really work and since then, no longer take meds. It's been over 7 years now and i still get tested.

I think doing these radical diets cleans your whole body out and the enzymes help facilities it.

And Like I said, I no longer do that, but eat light meats but sparingly, could be my metabolism or maybe it's what they say. There are a lot of people when I worked at the clinic that was known for these types of cures....

I really don't understand the debate at all. It just make common sense to me.

I'm the sort of person that tries things unlike parrots who speak others words. If I don't try it then I shouldn't comment on it. Just like a book or a move, I'll watch or read it otherwise I am parroting others words and that doesn't make us thinkers but parrots and sheeple...lol

I was at one time during this huddles in the fetal position on the floor in so much pain.

Deja~vu
I was gonna fuuking going to quit after 3 weeks. How would anyone stay doing it that long? Glad I did though. Fuuking camping with like 30 people and no bathrooms? Give me a break! I had to sneek off. lol

It was pure hell and inconvenience people around me also.

dadudemon
When I ate the straight raw veggie/fruit diet for the first time I was horrible sick for about 3 weeks. I felt I had to quit. I couldn't stand the cramps, and crap and so much pain I was fricking camping and was always running out and was in sooooooooo much pain... But just after that, it all became normal for me.

THANK YOU! big grin big grin big grin big grin

It's always nice to have some validation. Sometimes, I'm not sure if people can relate to some of the crap I post.

My throid problem was forever gone!! I felt better, I realized that that ws what it took to clean out my colon and systems and getting rid of some toxins...I had my blood testee and was told that I would be on hypothyroid meds my old life. The phlebotomists said that never happens, yet he was surprised. I did it again every month for 4 months and was found to no long need the meds. I had been on them from the age of 15 and for20 years. He said it was impossible to get off those once you are on them...It was sure hell to do that crazy diet, but I do those things just to see if they really work and since then, no longer take meds. It's been over 7 years now and i still get tested.

Holy crap...that's like...awesome.

I think doing these radical diets cleans your whole body out and the enzymes help facilities it.

And Like I said, I no longer do that, but eat light meats but sparingly, could be my metabolism or maybe it's what they say. There are a lot of people when I worked at the clinic that was known for these types of cures....

I really don't understand the debate at all. It just make common sense to me.

I'm the sort of person that tries things unlike parrots who speak others words. If I don't try it then I shouldn't comment on it. Just like a book or a move, I'll watch or read it otherwise I am parroting others words and that doesn't make us thinkers but parrots and sheeple...lol

I was at one time during this huddles in the fetal position on the floor in so much pain.

I think all extreme diets are stupid (there are probably exceptions). It works best with a bit of moderation or at LEAST perfect nutrition planning. You can be a vegan and be the healthiest person ever (I know a professional, natural, body builder who is a strict vegan...but he plans the shit out of everything he eats down to the gram of crab, fat, and protein...). You can also be a vegan and be unhealthy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.