Manchester Black vs Nate Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Manchester Black

vs

Nate Grey

Forum Rules. Fight in JLA watchtower. Who wins?

"Id"
Knowing what he is going up against, MB kills himself. Sad fact is Nate has an arsenal of exotic powers, and less ways to be harmed then MB. Not to mention that he commands greater levels of power.

Even if we narrow it down to basics. X-Man is the greater Telepath/Telekenie of the two.

Endless Mike
I just made this thread

leonidas
nate's definitely more versatile. tp is close enough neither is getting over on the other with it. tk? nate has better on-panel feats and it has been hinted that he can destroy planets. depending on your interpretation of scans, black MAY have tk on a planetary scale as well though and can amp his strength with it enough to harm superman (not even taking into account that illusory fight they had). not saying he could BEAT kal in h2h with it, but still, he can make himself damn strong. nate's shields are uber though. black can also manifest shields though, but the upper limit of their strength (on panel) is well below nate's demonstrated levels. otoh, not sure if nate has demonstrated the control with tk that black has (re: the stroke feat). id probably knows or has something that might compare. i can't think of one off hand though.

i think if it were strictly tp/tk combat, it would be close imo but i'd side with nate. nate however can USE his powers in ways black has never been shown to. given the slight power edge and the significant versatility edge, gotta give nate the wins in this. i DO think it would be a very cool fight though. hard to compare black with his limited appearances to someone like nate with so much history.

"Id"
Originally posted by leonidas
otoh, not sure if nate has demonstrated the control with tk that black has (re: the stroke feat). id probably knows or has something that might compare. i can't think of one off hand though.

Fine level TK control?

I would like to point out that originally Ellis did not intend to infuse Nate with the X-Brand on his chest. His original intention was for him to reach into his body, and defuse the genetic anomaly implanted by Sinister. In doing so, it would provide the blue print to create a processes to cure all mutants/humans of the Legacy Virus.

Neat stuff. Nate has fine level of TK. Evident by merging/unmerging Idiris. Or if we want to go a little back, he had molecular control over his body in his pre-shaman era. That’s how he phased through solid objects.

Mindset
Is Nate's tk better than Cable's?

Iirc Cable has better control.

"Id"
Originally posted by Mindset
Is Nate's tk better than Cable's?

Iirc Cable has better control. Cable was more impressive with his TK. But then again, the plot demanded for Cable to show off his TK for two reasons. 1st being he wanted to police the entire planet. 2nd to enforce that there was no one on the planet who could beat him.

cable was a show off with his matter manipulation, buit I would assume Nate cvan replicate thsoe feats. regardless, he will beat black blue

Uriel005
Black doesn't have much hope IMO Nate/Cable at their best without inhibitions (i.e. Cable technovirus/inability to handle power) are better w/ TK and TP than Black.

Mindset
Originally posted by "Id"
Cable was more impressive with his TK. But then again, the plot demanded for Cable to show off his TK for two reasons. 1st being he wanted to police the entire planet. 2nd to enforce that there was no one on the planet who could beat him. 3rd Cable is much better than Nate at everything. parm_k-monster

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mindset
3rd Cable is much better than Nate at everything. parm_k-monster Damn clones.

carver9
nate's definitely more versatile. tp is close enough neither is getting over on the other with it. tk? nate has better on-panel feats and it has been hinted that he can destroy planets. depending on your interpretation of scans, black MAY have tk on a planetary scale as well though and can amp his strength with it enough to harm superman (not even taking into account that illusory fight they had). not saying he could BEAT kal in h2h with it, but still, he can make himself damn strong. nate's shields are uber though. black can also manifest shields though, but the upper limit of their strength (on panel) is well below nate's demonstrated levels. otoh, not sure if nate has demonstrated the control with tk that black has (re: the stroke feat). id probably knows or has something that might compare. i can't think of one off hand though.

i think if it were strictly tp/tk combat, it would be close imo but i'd side with nate. nate however can USE his powers in ways black has never been shown to. given the slight power edge and the significant versatility edge, gotta give nate the wins in this. i DO think it would be a very cool fight though. hard to compare black with his limited appearances to someone like nate with so much history.

Black doesn't stand even a small chance at this fight... he gets KILLED as if he was nothing but a nuicance. Yes, he had a pretty good showing against Supes but that's not enough to put him on the scales of Nate or GL Cable. His TP attacks would fail and his TK would get over powered. He gets 2 paneled. He could have gave Darkseid a stroke and he would still lose terribly against these two... they would mind rape/ rip his atoms apart.

Nate 10/10 and easily at that.

By the way, everything you said about Manchester is pure speculation.

Lord_Talron
go away, i dont care if you're right or not but you are simply no fun wtfawe

carver9
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
go away, i dont care if you're right or not but you are simply no fun wtfawe

stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by carver9
Black doesn't stand even a small chance at this fight... he gets KILLED as if he was nothing but a nuicance. Yes, he had a pretty good showing against Supes but that's not enough to put him on the scales of Nate or GL Cable. His TP attacks would fail and his TK would get over powered. He gets 2 paneled. He could have gave Darkseid a stroke and he would still lose terribly against these two... they would mind rape/ rip his atoms apart.

Nate 10/10 and easily at that.

By the way, everything you said about Manchester is pure speculation.

you must be kidding. i really REALLY wish you'd read before shooting off your mouth and being wrong over and over again......

let's review what i said about black, shall we?

1. he has been shown to be able to easily controlled 1000s of people as well as dozens of SUPERHUMANS, both terrestrial AND aliens simultaneously. (on panel)

2. you've already SEEN the scans that may or may not indicate he could destroy a moon on his own.

3. you've SEEN the scan where he decks superman with tk.

4. you've seen his shields, and i SAID nate's were better.

all of these are NOT up for debate, except (AS I SAID) the moon-destroying scan.

so, what exactly is "speculatory" in ANYTHING i said? do you even know what the word means?

you certainly seem to be an expert in this field though, so enlighten us regarding black's level. where do YOU see him fitting in in marvel? who do you think he's equal to?

while you're at it, tell me the toughest guy you've ever seen nate take. and you can tell us all who the toughest guy cable ever took out was too. cuz black taking out superman is a BIG BIG fish. and don't forget how he casually blocked out jonn as well. so, who do you think he COULD take in marvel? we're all dying to know how low you place him.

Batman-Prime
Nate wins, 6-7/10

you must be kidding. i really REALLY wish you'd read before shooting off your mouth and being wrong over and over again......

1. he has been shown to be able to easily controlled 1000s of people as well as dozens of SUPERHUMANS, both terrestrial AND aliens simultaneously. (on panel)

2. you've already SEEN the scans that may or may not indicate he could destroy a moon on his own.

all of these are NOT up for debate, except (AS I SAID) the moon-destroying scan.

so, what exactly is "speculatory" in ANYTHING i said? do you even know what the word means?

you certainly seem to be an expert in this field though, so enlighten us regarding black's level. where do YOU see him fitting in in marvel? who do you think he's equal to?

while you're at it, tell me the toughest guy you've ever seen nate take. and you can tell us all who the toughest guy cable ever took out was too. cuz black taking out superman is a BIG BIG fish. and don't forget how he casually blocked out jonn as well. so, who do you think he COULD take in marvel? we're all dying to know how low you place him. that's good and all, but MB really doesnt have the feats to stand against nate interms of either TK or TP. His showings are too few and while he does have good feats with them, SNG has at least matched everythign he's accomplished in terms of raw power and fine control. he has more/better feats on both departaments and a lot more powers to fall back on. this isnt a balanced fight

"Id"
Black has no answer for Nate time manipulation. And there is a permanent wild card, that if Black attempts any mental contact, Nate could end up draining him of his mental energy. That some serious exotic powers to overcome.

Leo was asking if X-Man had any showings if using fine TK control, considering Black was only pinching Superman blood viens. Nate has blasted his opponents to atomic bits, and has molecular control over matter. But here is old favorite.

My telekinesis just sheared down through a hundred, and thirty feet of dirt, and rock. Smashed four more feet of solid brick, and mortar. And pulverized it all in mid air before your eyes. Lets take a minute to imagine what it could do to you. - Nate Grey
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2056/xman02010.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
that's good and all, but MB really doesnt have the feats to stand against nate interms of either TK or TP. His showings are too few and while he does have good feats with them, SNG has at least matched everythign he's accomplished in terms of raw power and fine control. he has more/better feats on both departaments and a lot more powers to fall back on. this isnt a balanced fight

which i already acknowledged......

carver's idiocy aside, i SAID nate wins. i do NOT think it would be a walk over though, by any stretch (wait for it now) IF IT WERE RELEGATED TO STRAIGHT TP/TK battle. i DO admit that if nate were to go time manip, (as his admitted versatility egde may allow him to do) then he would win. his more exotic demonstrations of power trump black, as i said already.

and id that IS a cool scene.

Prep-Man

while you're at it, tell me the toughest guy you've ever seen nate take. and you can tell us all who the toughest guy cable ever took out was too. cuz black taking out superman is a BIG BIG fish. and don't forget how he casually blocked out jonn as well. so, who do you think he COULD take in marvel? we're all dying to know how low you place him.

Well said.

"Id"

JakeTheBank
X-Man

Black has no answer for Nate time manipulation. And there is a permanent wild card, that if Black attempts any mental contact, Nate could end up draining him of his mental energy. That some serious exotic powers to overcome.

Leo was asking if X-Man had any showings if using fine TK control, considering Black was only pinching Superman blood viens. Nate has blasted his opponents to atomic bits, and has molecular control over matter. But here is old favorite.

My telekinesis just sheared down through a hundred, and thirty feet of dirt, and rock. Smashed four more feet of solid brick, and mortar. And pulverized it all in mid air before your eyes. Lets take a minute to imagine what it could do to you. - Nate Grey
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2056/xman02010.jpg imageshack claims I must register to see the scan, Ive created an account but I still cnat see it, what's up with this?

"Id"
Originally posted by 753
imageshack claims I must register to see the scan, Ive created an account but I still cnat see it, what's up with this?

Imageshack is a ****ing homo.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2056/xman02010.th.jpg

"Id"
Originally posted by 753
imageshack claims I must register to see the scan, Ive created an account but I still cnat see it, what's up with this?

You know what, do me a favor and tell me if you can see the scans on this topic.
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=602426

I might have to re-up like a billion scans.

carver9
which i already acknowledged......

carver's idiocy aside, i SAID nate wins. i do NOT think it would be a walk over though, by any stretch (wait for it now) IF IT WERE RELEGATED TO STRAIGHT TP/TK battle. i DO admit that if nate were to go time manip, (as his admitted versatility egde may allow him to do) then he would win. his more exotic demonstrations of power trump black, as i said already.

and id that IS a cool scene.

I'm sorry Leo but this isn't a fight at all.

You know what, do me a favor and tell me if you can see the scans on this topic.
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=602426

I might have to re-up like a billion scans. a few links are broken, but the majority are turning up ok, it doesnt ask me to register.

"Id"
Cool beans.

Supposedly the official handbook released an updated bio. Once it gets *ahem* scanned... I am updating that bad boy. That and I am looking for a scan that says he can tell the weight of a molecule by its atomic activity or some shiz.

Prep-Man

Go away, Carver. Unless you have those Thor feats. evil face

leonidas

don't apologize and answer the questions i asked of you. you're quick to jump on my post, but less quick to answer the part of the post you conveniently did NOT quote. so, who is he comparable to in marvel, if he so so grossly overshadowed by nate and cable?

JakeTheBank

Prep-Man
don't apologize and answer the questions i asked of you. you're quick to jump on my post, but less quick to answer the part of the post you conveniently did NOT quote. so, who is he comparable to in marvel, if he so so grossly overshadowed by nate and cable?

Just ignore him. Surprised more people don't ignore guys like Quan and Carver.

"Id"
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You have a scan of this? Sounds pretty baller.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3889/xma7010.th.jpghttp://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7554/xma701112.th.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3889/xma7010.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7554/xma701112.jpg

carver9

I put him a tad above Exodus.

Lord Feron
Is this really even a contest?

JakeTheBank
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3889/xma7010.th.jpghttp://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7554/xma701112.th.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3889/xma7010.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7554/xma701112.jpg

Damn. Thanks, Id. thumb up

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Is this really even a contest?

I think so. At least for a bit. Still giving it to Nate, but it's no stomp.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I think so. At least for a bit. Still giving it to Nate, but it's no stomp. well actually I think Nate takes this 9/10 but with difficulty each time.

don't apologize and answer the questions i asked of you. you're quick to jump on my post, but less quick to answer the part of the post you conveniently did NOT quote. so, who is he comparable to in marvel, if he so so grossly overshadowed by nate and cable? I would say he is on par with Exodus and a bit above Stryfe or non-phoenix Jean Grey at her best. I know stryfe is supposed to be on par with godcable, but he isn't.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
I would say he is on par with Exodus and a bit above Stryfe or non-phoenix Jean Grey at her best. I know stryfe is supposed to be on par with godcable, but he isn't.

without more to go on with regards to black, that sounds about right to me i think.

kgkg
Based on feats I would go with Nate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.